Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the thing though that a lot of people seem to forget: HG arrived at McGrady's walking up Preston in the opposite direction of the DTM.

Based on this here is a map showing the direction she must have walked in:

View attachment 62817

Thanks for this! I found some supporting info on the likely route or direction she took in the sense it backs that she was utterly lost.

Graham went missing after walking from 14th Street Northwest to Preston Avenue and then onto the Downtown Mall. She last was seen on mall surveillance video at about 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13, and her last communication came in a text message sent from her phone just before 1:30 a.m., when the phone died.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_031e891f-8a0e-5b84-aea7-229ea67dd169.html

Note, I have seen LE say she took 10th, but I am with you on this. This backs my Privet Drive effect theory too :) \

Another MSM source:

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.

Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her.

Graham disappeared later that night in an area of town that friends said was unfamiliar to the teen. A graduate of West Potomac High School, Graham spent her freshman year at a dorm on the far side of the campus.

Van Dyck said that Graham had an off-campus apartment for just two weeks and did not yet know her way around the winding maze of streets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

Thanks for this! I found some supporting info on the likely route or direction she took in the sense it backs that she was utterly lost.

Graham went missing after walking from 14th Street Northwest to Preston Avenue and then onto the Downtown Mall. She last was seen on mall surveillance video at about 1:08 a.m. Sept. 13, and her last communication came in a text message sent from her phone just before 1:30 a.m., when the phone died.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virgini...cle_031e891f-8a0e-5b84-aea7-229ea67dd169.html

Note, I have seen LE say she took 10th, but I am with you on this. This backs my Privet Drive effect theory too :) \

Another MSM source:

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.

Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her.

Graham disappeared later that night in an area of town that friends said was unfamiliar to the teen. A graduate of West Potomac High School, Graham spent her freshman year at a dorm on the far side of the campus.

Van Dyck said that Graham had an off-campus apartment for just two weeks and did not yet know her way around the winding maze of streets.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

One source says her last text was at 1:06 and the other says 1:30.

I just don't know who or what to believe anymore! Multiple MSM sources early on shared that HG had dinner with friends, but not at a pizza place. If this case, especially the Tempo situation, is wholly reliant on witnesses, the prosecution has its work cut out for them.

Dinner was at the Fig Bistro. She was seen swing dancing and was part of a "raucous" conga line.
She was apparently back at home at 9:30 as seen on surveillance? Then at party until 11:50 or 12:15?

I took it that the spotting at a pizza place was later in the evening...sometime in between the parties.

One source says her last text was at 1:06 and the other says 1:30.

I don't know that has ever been corrected by LE. Too bad Coy Barefoot hadn't investigated and written a HG timeline too. :p

I am inclined to go with the earlier time at 1:06 based on how she seemed at the Pub, but JMO.

Another thing that is conflicting is whether HG was heading to a third party or heading home? Both are reported in MSM.

McGrady's...is there more than meets the eye about HG being there?

Search for Missing UVA Student Continues
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 9:35 AM
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26543960/search-for-missing-uva-student-continues

"There are multiple surveillance cameras in the search area and police have collected a number of videos, including one of Graham leaving her apartment complex on 15th Street (photo shown at right) and the one of her outside McGrady's, which police say they will not release."

Police now think UVa. student Hannah Graham’s last text was incorrect
Posted 1:21 am, September 17, 2014,
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/17/police-now-think-hannah-grahams-last-text-listed-incorrect-location/

Police did say a blood hound picked up Graham’s scent right outside the Irish pub; but where it led them, they’re not saying.

“I don’t want to get into any more details about the dog track, we’ve got things to follow up on,” said Police Capt. Gary Pleasants.

These statements, along with the report that LE had asked McGrady's not to speak publicly about what happened, just raises such curiosity about what they know happened there.

McGrady's...is there more than meets the eye about HG being there?

Search for Missing UVA Student Continues
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 9:35 AM
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26543960/search-for-missing-uva-student-continues

"There are multiple surveillance cameras in the search area and police have collected a number of videos, including one of Graham leaving her apartment complex on 15th Street (photo shown at right) and the one of her outside McGrady's, which police say they will not release."

Police now think UVa. student Hannah Graham’s last text was incorrect
Posted 1:21 am, September 17, 2014,
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/17/police-now-think-hannah-grahams-last-text-listed-incorrect-location/

Police did say a blood hound picked up Graham’s scent right outside the Irish pub; but where it led them, they’re not saying.

“I don’t want to get into any more details about the dog track, we’ve got things to follow up on,” said Police Capt. Gary Pleasants.

These statements, along with the report that LE had asked McGrady's not to speak publicly about what happened, just raises such curiosity about what they know happened there.
Interesting about the bloodhounds leading somewhere off mcgradys. First I'm seeing this.

Is there really footage they haven't released from Mcgradys? Or was this referring to the footage they have released, before it was released?

I know the times are really screwy on the timestamps of the video and the text messages. Everything was so tight...within minutes.

If the last "lost" message was sent at 1:06 a.m., there's a potential that it was sent before HG met up with JM.

Then, there's this...apparently, there were multiple texts after 1:00 a.m.:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1d605a-3e9a-11e4-b0ea-8141703bbf6f_story.html

"Police said that Graham’s last communication with friends was a series of text messages after 1 a.m. Saturday."

Interesting about the bloodhounds leading somewhere off mcgradys. First I'm seeing this.

Is there really footage they haven't released from Mcgradys? Or was this referring to the footage they have released, before it was released?

I'm assuming it's the same footage, but maybe edited?

I'm assuming it's the same footage, but maybe edited?

They released several versions (or news stations edited them) of HG at McGrady's, some shorter than others. In my opinion, and based on the timeline (i.e., the timing of the Shell station video and her subsequent appearance on the Mall), I do think they've released everything from McGrady's at this point, but I think they have other video that has not been released.

Just posted on FB,Coy Barefoot says in Fairfax case JM's DNA found under victims fingernails. That should put the nail in his coffin.(my opinion)

Just posted on FB,Coy Barefoot says in Fairfax case JM's DNA found under victims fingernails. That should put the nail in his coffin.(my opinion)

DNA under the fingernails must mean that he actually DID use an object that wasn't a body part? Don't you think?

DNA under the fingernails must mean that he actually DID use an object that wasn't a body part? Don't you think?

she probably scratched him and got skin cells under her fingernails; they normally cut victims nails when processing at hospital just for this purpose. My opinion only

she probably scratched him and got skin cells under her fingernails; they normally cut victims nails when processing at hospital just for this purpose. My opinion only

Right, but since he's charged with rape I would have thought there would be bodily fluid DNA match. Maybe there is and they just didn't mention it...

Right, but since he's charged with rape I would have thought there would be bodily fluid DNA match. Maybe there is and they just didn't mention it...
Right that would be the rape kit evidence which we will see when he goes to court in Fairfax case. They've stated that they have a good case .

I thought JM's night was pretty much accounted for prior to the Sal's video, but there is some missing time:

EXCLUSIVE: LJ’S TIMELINE
POSTED ON SEP 25, 2014
insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

The Hours Before LJ Met Hannah

10pm: The Lazy Parrot Grill
LJ’s timeline picks up next at the Lazy Parrot in the Pantops Shopping Center, about a mile and a half from the Downtown Mall. Two witnesses confirmed that LJ came in at about 10pm that Friday night. They also confirmed that he is captured on an interior surveillance video camera, ordering one drink, and socializing with others in the bar. Eyewitnesses say he did not stay long. One said he was a regular, and that “he’s usually alone.”

11:45pm: The Blue Light Grill
“LJ came into Blue Light by himself, I guess it was around 11:45. I recognized him coming in through the door.”

Wonder where he was in between?

I thought JM's night was pretty much accounted for prior to the Sal's video, but there is some missing time:

EXCLUSIVE: LJ’S TIMELINE
POSTED ON SEP 25, 2014
insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

The Hours Before LJ Met Hannah

10pm: The Lazy Parrot Grill
LJ’s timeline picks up next at the Lazy Parrot in the Pantops Shopping Center, about a mile and a half from the Downtown Mall. Two witnesses confirmed that LJ came in at about 10pm that Friday night. They also confirmed that he is captured on an interior surveillance video camera, ordering one drink, and socializing with others in the bar. Eyewitnesses say he did not stay long. One said he was a regular, and that “he’s usually alone.”

11:45pm: The Blue Light Grill
“LJ came into Blue Light by himself, I guess it was around 11:45. I recognized him coming in through the door.”

Wonder where he was in between?
HG goes off the radar from 11:50 - 12:45am, JM is accounted for at that time, being at BLGrill and then Tempo.

It is standard, I believe, to get samples from victim's nails in sexual assault cases. Also, I thought I read that she fought, so may have scratched her attacker so likely ended up with extractable DNA from his skin cells.

Technically, he did not rape the victim, so there is most likely not a bodily fluid sample. I posted on this long ago and will dig up legal definition in Virginia statutes.

Meanwhile, the recent abduction case in Philly may weight favorably on JM....the perp, Delvin Barnes, just caught there:

-abducted young females from his car
-took them to wooded areas and buried remains
-was "active" in central VA.
-fits the profile of MH's killer and Fairfax perp
-looks like FBI sketch and fits description of black man with goatee who was not on camera but seen with HG
-SHOWED pics of previous victims to one teen who escaped him and said he had more! Recall MH's missing camera

Would be so weird if JM's attorney requested DNA sample from this rapist much like RAT did for Alexis Murphy case!?!?

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/06/abduction-suspect-delvin-barnes-hit-teen-with-shovel-threw-her-in-trunk/

HG goes off the radar from 11:50 - 12:45am, JM is accounted for at that time, being at BLGrill and then Tempo.

I think Evie is saying JM apparently isn't accounted for between Lazy Parrot and Blue Light. From sometime not too long after 10pm until when the witness says he enters BLG.

I found my earlier research on this...

Virginia Criminal Law and Procedure

7.2 Moreover, attempted rape in Virginia also requires the "commencement with consummation", an act or condition which may well beyond the mere hope or vague intent which will aggravate the abduction charge.

"Defilement includes many acts different from the sexual intercourse specified by a charge of attempted rape."

In other words, the way I interpret this is that in the 2005 case, that he may have intended intercourse but there was no commencement or consummation. That penetration definition is a catchall for any other untoward or unwanted direct sexual contact. My interpretation only. I am drawing inferences, but this charge is too specific to not be meaningful to what sort of burden of proof prosecutor must meet. IMO this means that there was no bodily fluid, but so hard to tell with law given everything hinges on precedent. Any else have legal perspective? I find all the charges odd but especially the rape definition part.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back