Hannah's Journey on 09/13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sure. There are several. I couldn't locate the article I read yesterday but here's one that includes this information from the Charlottesville Police Department's Press Release. I remembered the exact time being 4:34 which made the google search easy. It's near the bottom of the page.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/09/hannah-e-graham-university-student.html

From your link:

"UPDATE 9/19/14 - A search warrant has been issued at the Hessian Hills apartment located off Barracks Road in Albemarle County. Police are executing two search warrants, one on the car and one on an apartment that the authorities believe was the last place that Hannah was seen. Because the information in the search warrant was sealed there is no further information at this time."

BBM. First time I've read that Hannah was thought to have been inside JLM's apt... ?

From your link:

"UPDATE 9/19/14 - A search warrant has been issued at the Hessian Hills apartment located off Barracks Road in Albemarle County. Police are executing two search warrants, one on the car and one on an apartment that the authorities believe was the last place that Hannah was seen. Because the information in the search warrant was sealed there is no further information at this time."

BBM. First time I've read that Hannah was thought to have been inside JLM's apt... ?

This article sounds familiar to me, but I don't remember anything about Hannah possibly being at his apartment either. I would think I would remember that.

If this is true, I wonder who reported seeing her there, if anyone did. Maybe phone pings?

He also took a great risk transporting Hannah from his place to Old Lynchburg Rd.

So are we now to believe that his apt was the crime scene and Old Lynchburg was a disposal site only?

When using "night" as a time period, it gets confusing when the "night" shifts to morning at midnight. Though Hannah started her night out on Friday, she crossed over into Saturday, and so when referring to the "next day", that would be Sunday. This happens a lot when trying to refer to something that crossing the midnight time line.

From everything I've read, the police were called Sunday afternoon which is the day after Hannah disappeared. She was last seen Saturday morning. This also makes sense with college kids. It's not unusual for them to sleep late after a late Friday night that ran into the Saturday morning. Then there are the catch up, run around things to be done on Saturday, and many go out Saturday night too. While getting ready for the school week, that's when someone who hasn't made contact for a full day becomes missed. In fact, that 's a bit early. Often it isn't until a missing person does not show up to class, work or other commitment that s/he doesn't tend to miss that the alarm is raised. Many missing persons are not missed for a long time when they do not have commitments that they miss. Or if they do not tend to call back, email back, make contact with people regularly. One of my kids is bad that way, and I do tell him that it would be a while before we'd notice he was not responding to our reach outs since it's typical of him to act that way. My other kids---or DH, a whole other story, because they are quick to respond, stay in touch and keep commitments.

This article sounds familiar to me, but I don't remember anything about Hannah possibly being at his apartment either. I would think I would remember that.

If this is true, I wonder who reported seeing her there, if anyone did. Maybe phone pings?

He also took a great risk transporting Hannah from his place to Old Lynchburg Rd.

So are we now to believe that his apt was the crime scene and Old Lynchburg was a disposal site only?

If that's true and the last place Hannah was seen was at his apartment, that might be how LE seemingly identified JLM as their POI as early as the 15th. IMO

I thought that he had two roommates? That would have been super risky?!?!

I thought that he had two roommates? That would have been super risky?!?!

I thought he had two roommates also. Even if he doesn't have roommates I think it would still be risky taking her to his apartment.

LE did commit a second search warrant on his apartment which leads me to believe there may have been something in his apartment. Who knows maybe she was there.

From your link:

I knew they searched his apartment, apparently they left the "dusted picture frame", but this is the first article I have read that said she was last seen there.

Good post Ilokal and Enni!

Here is the picture frame reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDY9-uMcF5c

Watch from 2:48 - 3:14 in the segment.

They went back and found a picture frame with marks on it, like someone was cutting drugs or doing lines on it.

I would think LE would have confiscated everything.

It's an older video which some of you may have seen.

From your link:

I wonder if they meant that the car was the last place Hannah was seen?

If there is a witness placing her in the apartment, that may really complicate things. Anyone could have been in the apartment with JM...roommates, friends, relatives, friends/relatives of the roommates, etc., etc., which would add a whole new twist to the story, IMO.

This is my fear that Hannah being in the apartment will complicate things.

I still picture her being driven directly to Old Lynchburg Road--maybe he took her to Walnut Creek Park first, if anywhere else besides where Hannah ended up. Somehow, my mind isn't processing that she may have been in JM's apartment. If so, who could the witness be?? His Landlady, his roommates? A neighbor? I would love to hear what they saw...

I doubt in that short amount of time that Hannah would have recovered from any drug she had been slipped, so Matthew probably had to carry her into his house, then again later to get her back into the car. I keep thinking about how he seemed to enjoy his critter comforts. That maybe why he brought Hannah to his place. IMO, a stupid move.

Forgot to post that this is in response to Evie Ivy Overs post.

Yes, he did have two roommates, and definitely very very risky!!

I know it's not easy, but there should be consideration to various scenarios...and one of them could possibly be that he took her to his apartment for whatever reason--to continue partying after bars closed, to give her a place to crash since she was in such a bad state....whatever other benign reason there could be for going to his apartment without the intention to kill her.

I know it's not easy, but there should be consideration to various scenarios...and one of them could possibly be that he took her to his apartment for whatever reason--to continue partying after bars closed, to give her a place to crash since she was in such a bad state....whatever other benign reason there could be for going to his apartment without the intention to kill her.

That is true. I try, but it's hard.

FWIW at this point. Many of us were speculating how and why HG ended up on DM. While hardly definitive, this is the first I have seen this in print:

Graham had been drinking with friends on the night of Sept. 12, and at some point after midnight she headed outside and apparently started walking in the wrong direction. She texted friends that she was disoriented, but she ultimately found her way to the downtown mall, which she recognized.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b1a46-428c-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html

FWIW at this point. Many of us were speculating how and why HG ended up on DM. While hardly definitive, this is the first I have seen this in print:

Graham had been drinking with friends on the night of Sept. 12, and at some point after midnight she headed outside and apparently started walking in the wrong direction. She texted friends that she was disoriented, but she ultimately found her way to the downtown mall, which she recognized.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b1a46-428c-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html

Also from your Washington Post article link:

On Friday, police conducted a search of Matthew’s vehicle, a 1998 burnt orange Chrysler coupe, which was parked in front of his apartment. While police were there, an interaction with residents of the complex led police to seek a search warrant for Matthew’s apartment while he was inside, Pleasants said.

Interesting that the 'interaction with residents of the complex' lead to seek a search warrant on JM's apartment. What did they see???? Was it Hannah??

On Friday, police conducted a search of Matthew’s vehicle, a 1998 burnt orange Chrysler coupe, which was parked in front of his apartment. While police were there, an interaction with residents of the complex led police to seek a search warrant for Matthew’s apartment while he was inside, Pleasants said.

Interesting that the 'interaction with residents of the complex' lead to seek a search warrant on JM's apartment. What did they see???? Was it Hannah??

That "interaction with residents of the complex" (not necessarily residents of HIS apartment) no longer seems as innocuous as it once did with the addition of the article saying Hannah was last seen at his apartment. Great post, EmmaRose

That's a great observation. That's what I would think...if someone said they saw him with her there, that's reason for a search warrant.
As for the accuracy of the witnesses, we can't know that. A neighbor may have thought they saw JM enter his apt with HG, but if there aren't photos, it's not a definite.
I personally find it hard to believe he took her to his apt bc of the logistics of getting her back to the car, and cleaning up evidence in his home. But ifhe didn't think it through, he may have impulsively brought her back to his place, I guess. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84
Back