Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's a great observation. That's what I would think...if someone said they saw him with her there, that's reason for a search warrant.
As for the accuracy of the witnesses, we can't know that. A neighbor may have thought they saw JM enter his apt with HG, but if there aren't photos, it's not a definite.
I personally find it hard to believe he took her to his apt bc of the logistics of getting her back to the car, and cleaning up evidence in his home. But ifhe didn't think it through, he may have impulsively brought her back to his place, I guess. JMO

I guess we should also consider the "possibility" that resident witnesses "might" have seen Hannah with JLM at his apartment on some previous occasion. I know that's not a popular theory (that Hannah KNEW JLM) but perhaps it should be considered.

"interaction with the residents of the complex" could be that LE interviewed roommates and/or others who lived there and they could have seen JLM when he returned from OLR and his actions were of a suspicious nature. In other words, they may not have seen Hannah but may have seen behavior by JLM which were signficant to the case. JMO

That "intersection with residents of the complex" (not necessarily residents of HIS apartment) no longer seems as innocuous as it once did with the addition of the article saying Hannah was last seen at his apartment. Great post, EmmaRose

The article did not say that HG was in fact at his apartment. It pretty much said LE thinks she may have been.

The article did not say that HG was in fact at his apartment. It pretty much said LE thinks she may have been.

Yes, actually the article said authorities "believe" that's where Hannah was last seen.

FWIW at this point. Many of us were speculating how and why HG ended up on DM. While hardly definitive, this is the first I have seen this in print:

Graham had been drinking with friends on the night of Sept. 12, and at some point after midnight she headed outside and apparently started walking in the wrong direction. She texted friends that she was disoriented, but she ultimately found her way to the downtown mall, which she recognized.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b1a46-428c-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html

There were supposedly a group of messages shortly before/around 1 am, which would have been when she was approaching or had reached the DTM. That she recognized where she was...wonder if she said that in a message, or if her friends related the information that she would have known where she was? Again, many more questions....

Also from your Washington Post article link:

On Friday, police conducted a search of Matthew’s vehicle, a 1998 burnt orange Chrysler coupe, which was parked in front of his apartment. While police were there, an interaction with residents of the complex led police to seek a search warrant for Matthew’s apartment while he was inside, Pleasants said.

Interesting that the 'interaction with residents of the complex' lead to seek a search warrant on JM's apartment. What did they see???? Was it Hannah??

Do you think someone may have told LE that JM's apartment was being vacated, and that's what precipitated the warrant? Meaning they wanted to get in there before everything was gone?

That's a great observation. That's what I would think...if someone said they saw him with her there, that's reason for a search warrant.
As for the accuracy of the witnesses, we can't know that. A neighbor may have thought they saw JM enter his apt with HG, but if there aren't photos, it's not a definite.
I personally find it hard to believe he took her to his apt bc of the logistics of getting her back to the car, and cleaning up evidence in his home. But ifhe didn't think it through, he may have impulsively brought her back to his place, I guess. JMO

I agree with you. I never thought he would take her there! But on the slight chance that he may have, I would hope that there would be evidence intact, more so there than at the Old Lynchburg Road site, what with the rain, the elements, the birds.... Hate recalling that whole horrid scene. I am hoping that something(s) in the apartment would indicate he commited the crime against Hannah, over and above just being in her company.

"Believe" sounds like LE is uncertain.

Jmm, just to clarify, I was reciting what was written in the article which doesn't necessarily mean that is the opinion of the authorities. The use of the word "believe" sounds a bit more definitive than "thinks" in my mind, but that might not be the case. IMO

I agree with you. I never thought he would take her there! But on the slight chance that he may have, I would hope that there would be evidence intact, more so there than at the Old Lynchburg Road site, what with the rain, the elements, the birds.... Hate recalling that whole horrid scene. I am hoping that something(s) in the apartment would indicate he commited the crime against Hannah, over and above just being in her company.
I hope so, too. I am hoping they have evidence. He was so sloppy with the abduction of HG that I imagine he was also sloppy with the killing. :(

Does anyone think that apt has been rented out??? Imagine renting it out after JM, and then finding out HG was killed there. It's just so fresh in the media, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live there right now.

Hi "the mom" always comforting to see you here. :) I posted a video of the media coming into the apartment a while back, I think they did say something about new tenants.

They also commented on the "dusted picture frame" he left behind. You've probably already seen this, but here it is just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDY9-uMcF5c

Watch from 2:48 - 3:14 in the segment.

They went back and found a picture frame with marks on it, like someone was cutting drugs or doing lines on it.

I would think LE would have confiscated everything.

What I wonder is what they found in his car that gave them the probable cause to get a search warrant for his apartment. If there was some blood found in his car would they need to have the forensic results back before they could get a search warrant for his apartment? I would have to guess a piece of her clothing likely her shirt was found in his car.

With UVA back in the news regarding their handling of rapes, I am wondering if this is related to HG's journey that night. Could she have left her friends at a frat party, (where rapes have been frequently reported) and that is why she ended up alone that night, and what accounts for the missing time period.
After reading the Rolling Stones article it just seems all too coincidental that all this is hitting at the same time. HG's death, and UVA's history of not prosecuting rapists. If nothing else it certainly has provided the perfect climate for predatory rapists. JM certainly would not have been ignorant of this clime.

So.... this was really wierd.

Last night Evie Ivy Over and I were watching Hannah's you tube accounts. I had to bounce it off her to make sure I was not going crazy! You can see from the picture someone took over all of Hannah's video's on you tube, their account is now suspended. It appears the you tube video's were hacked. Notice "all" of the posts had been changed to "lisadefer" as the poster, as many of you have been watching the Hannah Graham case know this is not correct. I took a snappy - it's posted below.

hannah-graham-youtube-accounts-hacked.jpg

With UVA back in the news regarding their handling of rapes, I am wondering if this is related to HG's journey that night. Could she have left her friends at a frat party, (where rapes have been frequently reported) and that is why she ended up alone that night, and what accounts for the missing time period?
After reading the Rolling Stones article it just seems all too coincidental that all this is hitting at the same time. HG's death, and UVA's history of not prosecuting rapists. If nothing else it certainly has provided the perfect climate for predatory rapists. JM certainly would not have been ignorant of this climate.
Very interesting thoughts. I did think the timing was relevant.
Could HG have encountered a sexual assault earlier in the evening? There has been much discussion on here about a possible date rape drug being given to her, maybe earlier in the evening. Or maybe a friend of hers had been a victim?

I hope so, too. I am hoping they have evidence. He was so sloppy with the abduction of HG that I imagine he was also sloppy with the killing. :(

Does anyone think that apt has been rented out??? Imagine renting it out after JM, and then finding out HG was killed there. It's just so fresh in the media, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live there right now.

BBM. The apt. has definitely been rented. (The new tenant had no idea who the prior inhabitant was.)

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/24/cnr.02.html

COSTELLO: And also, Brian, you went to Jesse Matthew's apartment. What did you discover?

TODD: Well, there wasn't much left there that Jesse Matthew had left behind. There's a new tenant in the apartment and most of the stuff there is the new tenant's. and we saw what we believe Jesse Matthew left behind there, was a black footrest that was smudged with white paint and a rolled up exercise mat.

The apartment itself is kind of dark and a little bit dank and it's on the ground floor of a walk up, of a brick walkup in Charlottesville, that's all we can tell you. But most of Jesse Matthew's belongings have been taken away.

------------------------------------

FWIW, I doubt JLM would have taken HG there. Too risky.

LE had several different hunches in the early days of the search for Hannah, centered on her having last been seen w/JLM. JMO, evidence found inside the car led to the search warrant for the apt. and the intent to defile charge.

With UVA back in the news regarding their handling of rapes, I am wondering if this is related to HG's journey that night. Could she have left her friends at a frat party, (where rapes have been frequently reported) and that is why she ended up alone that night, and what accounts for the missing time period?
After reading the Rolling Stones article it just seems all too coincidental that all this is hitting at the same time. HG's death, and UVA's history of not prosecuting rapists. If nothing else it certainly has provided the perfect climate for predatory rapists. JM certainly would not have been ignorant of this climate.

I was thinking the same about timing of Hannah. "Several" sexual assaults were reported the same night HG disappeared. Not to mention that many have suggested her disorientation could have been result of a roofie. There were at least two huge frat parties going on that night. IMO there really should be a toxicology screen as part of the autopsy. I think that is crucial to the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee
Back