Happenings of December 26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are six unique and unidentified genetic profiles – five male profiles and one female profile.
DNA testing involving fingernail scrapings from both hands revealed JonBenet’s genetic profile on both sides.
In addition to JonBenet’s profile, scrapings from the left fingernails revealed unidentified male #1
The right fingernails indicated that two further unique profiles were present, unidentified male #2, and a unique unknown female profile. (JonBenet could not be excluded as a contributor)
The waistband, seams, and crotch of panties (Distal Stain 007-2) CODIS all matched and produced the profile that has been entered into the CODIS database, unidentified male #3 (Strength/weakness of profile: 10 markers)

The above profiles were determined through typical STR DNA testing.
Touch DNA (TDNA) testing, all presumably done at the Bode facility revealed one matching profile and a further two unique profiles, both male:
TDNA on the waistband of leggings matching DS 007-2 male #3
TDNA on the wrist bindings – male #4 (Strength/weakness of profile: 6 markers)
TDNA on the “garrote” – male #5 (Strength/weakness of profile: 7 markers)

(Also, TDNA on the pink Barbie nightgown found in the Wine Cellar with the body of JonBenét was identified as belonging to BR and PR.)

*******. SIX contributors. *******??????

Laberge indicated that it was his opinion that the male sample of DNA could have been deposited there by a perpetrator, or that there could have been some other explanation for its presence, totally unrelated to the crime. I would learn that many other scientists held the same opinion.
Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 305

The same theoretical principles of transfer thought to be involved in the DNA collected from beneath JonBenét’s nails could be applied to the transfer of genetic material from her underwear to the leggings. “Cloth to cloth” transfer could be responsible for this new evidence.
Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 427

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, It doesn't say they had zero DNA on her. It says their DNA doesn't match the "foreign" (aka mixed sample) DNA that was found on her waistband.

It also says "But if John has a marker of WA at location BB, and Patsy has a marker of WB at location AA, then the sample may be a mixture of both their markers." If the sample is mixed, it won't match exactly. It would be a... mixture!... of both.

Later... "FED FROM EXHIBITS #7, 14L AND 14M REVEALED A MIX"

MIXED. SAMPLE. It will NEVER match any ONE SINGLE PERSON.

Is it true that the coroner who performed JonBenet's autopsy used nail clippers on her that had been used previously?

Didn't one of the Ramsey's put the long johns on a sleeping JonBenet (takes a bit of force to put pajama bottoms of any sort on a sleeping child- even a half sleeping child) I would certainly expect Ramsey TDNA to show up on the wasteband as well.

So the perp left no TDNA on the cords or tape etc (presumably wearing gloves) leaves them off during other parts of the crime?

Could JonBenets fingernails during sleep have touched different parts of herself as she tossed and turned, itched or dreamed?

(bbm)
Who puts on the same clothes they wore during a very long day of visiting and Christmasing the day before. I mean honestly. It is a failure in logic to think she put on the very same outfit she wore yesterday to travel in. This woman showed up to a portrait session dressed to the nines, but she'd re-wear an entire outfit 2 days in a row? Let's try to be realistic. IMO, she was STILL WEARING what she wore the day before. She hadn't gone to bed yet when this debacle occurred.
On the question of Patsy’s wearing the same clothes on the morning of December 26 as she wore the night before, there is another possibility. That possibility is based on speculation, but there is at least a basis for that speculation. I only mention this because it is something newer posters may not be aware of, and as an unconfirmed possibility, we can choose to consider it or dismiss it. Nevertheless, it is something that can’t be completely ignored. BPD didn’t.

The question is, did Patsy “put back on” the same clothes she wore the previous night, or did she never get out of them from the previous night. And if she never got out of them -- why? To my knowledge, the question was never answered publicly, but it is something that the BPD definitely looked into.

From an online chat (all bbm) with Steve Thomas, November 14, 2000 (http://crimejusticeandamerica.com/sthomas2):
BILL BICKEL: Did John or Patsy leave the house the night of the 25/6?
STEVE THOMAS: million dollar question. or, as the detectives would say, the $118,000 question.

From an interview with Judith Phillips (Miller), photographer and former friend of the Ramseys (http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02062000judithphillipsinterview.htm):
Mame: when did the police first speak with you?
JP: I think in April, not sure,……March or April ……
Mame: and did you ask to be spoken to? Or did they take it upon themselves to…
JP: they called me first and asked if it would be okay if they could interview me down at police headquarters. And I said, sure.
Mame: did they want to know more about what type of person Patsy was?
JP: well they asked, they interviewed me 3 times. The first time was short and Steve Thomas and Gosage was there and there was a woman whose name I don't recall, those were the 3 that interviewed me. It was taped and I didn't have a problem with that at all. They asked odd questions like , do you know this person as related to John Ramsey? They were naming off at least a half of dozen female names and, no I've never heard of that person before and no, I never knew that person before. And they would ask….
Mame: Not related as relatives, but the connection in terms of his life, who they were?
JP: yeah, women involved with John. They were hinting at an affair. I said, Why did you ask me the names of these women? They said, well, it's believed that John Ramsey had had quite a few affairs, not only in Atlanta but also here in Boulder. Do you know of anything? I knew, really none. (Laughs). John has such a devious quality about himself there was no way that he would let anybody know about his trysts whether they were real or not. But I found it interesting the line of, the police line of questions and how it went. Then they asked me if I knew about Patsy, if I saw her anger, if I saw her lose her temper and if I knew if she had ever had any relationships here in Boulder, you know questions like, personality type questions.
Mame: did she?
JP: not that I know of, but I have been told by a friend by a friend of mine who is much more deeply involved in this story than I am, that she met with a woman in Denver that had a health club that had played racquet ball with a, ... I'm trying to think he was. Not an account…..
Mame: an investment person?
JP: An investment person. Yeah, and according to her friend that she knows very well, this investment person who is a man had said that he had a relationship with Patsy that night.
Mame: of the murder?

JP: yeah, that they had come home from the party at the Whites and Patsy had left the home, and had attended a party where they had a fling going.
Mame: do you believe that?
JP: You know, like...
Mame: How do you know?
JP: How do you know? It's not that I don't disbelieve it, it's like…. You know???
Mame: that's the story that Jann Scott sort of threw out, was that was the line of thinking that they had up with that this boyfriend had come back.
JP: yeah, well, I'm trying to investigate that. I have to do it very carefully.
Mame: I hope you'll keep us informed.
JP: I will. I have to be very careful, because I'm sure that she under any circumstances, that this man was apparently a father of the children where JonBenét and Burke attended school.
Mame: your school?
JP: their school. At that time they switched from the public school, to I .. Can't remember the name of it. They were a special satellite school.
mame: a magnet school.
JP: A magnet school. Patsy left, Susan Stine left and Roxy left and took their kids with them.
Mame: a magnet school
JP: a magnet school.
Mame: so it was apparently a father,
JP: yeah, who he did not, … he was married, he did not want anyone to know even if, this is true, can you imagine that he is willing to keep his secret, secret?
Mame: yeah, I can't imagine with all the scrutiny that, … but, you don't know.
JP: uh, huh.
Mame: that's fascinating.
JP: yes, it is fascinating.
Mame: But did you hear that there are good sources that you hear this from are sound enough that it's worth pursuing, that it's worth investigating… whether or not it's connected
JP: there is not one leaf that I would leave unturned in this particular case. I try not to have an opinion of something until I've investigated it further. So, I believe that this is something worth following up on. But I want to be real careful, because if this is true, this man is keeping an incredible secret.

Besides this exchange, there is much more that makes this interview worth reading. Here are a couple of examples (bbm):
Mame: Burke. Tell me about Burke. Was he, you said he was shy?
JP: He's an odd child. He was always very odd, odd meaning I just couldn't put my finger on him. He was very hard to read, he was very closed, he was very difficult to get an impression on, because he would very rarely let his true self come out. He preferred to play computer games, really didn't like to be..
Mame: he was sort of nerdy? Not nerdy, but sort of that more techno, I mean, I know kids like that, just aren't, the kid's out on the skateboards or you know, on the basketball team, or, ah...
JP: But he was still very naturally athletic too, yeah, he was. He had a bicycle that he just rode all over his neighbourhood, I understand that he did quite a bit of skiing, he also rode his skateboard . I think that he was naturally athletically inclined.
Mame: Did his shyness affect how he ...
JP: Oh yes, that's why I think he turned and related to the computer. It was a way of escape for him.
Mame: and communication?
JP: and communication, absolutely.
(Why do some posters continue to say he was "frail", "scrawny", "puny", or whatever other insulting descriptors they choose? He wasn't.)

Mame: Do you worry about Burke these days?
JP: Oh, oh absolutely. But he's gone. I mean, I used to worry about him even before the murder. He's totally lost.
Mame: yeah, the damage is done. Has to be just..
JP: yeah, I wish if I had anything to say to either of them. Especially to Patsy, is please be a brave person and tell the truth and you know what that truth is.
Mame: Wouldn't that save everybody a lot of…
JP: It would save her.
Mame: uh, huh.
JP: it's because she's so religious that I know that the truth was something that Christianity supports and not lying. I don't know how she lives with herself. She's got to do mental games. She's got to have these mental games where she twists and turns and compartmentalize things. Put things away in hiding, doesn't even think about them anymore. Very similar to, what was her name? Gone with Wind?
Mame: Scarlet.
JP: Scarlet I'll think it tomorrow. She's got to. I mean, she's got to. I wish she could release herself from the game. The play.
Mame: I'll think about it tomorrow.
JP: yeah.
And a few more insider tidbits subjects such as:
“rich justice”
“the sidetracking of justice”
“political conspiracy”
“Hal Haddon had contributed to Alex Hunter's political campaign.”
“Susan Stine, her, probably her life's journey is to take care of Patsy.”
“And this was, actually almost 2 years before Alex Hunter announced.. He (‘Doc’ Miller) said the fix is in, Judith. They're never going to convict Patsy or John. It will never ever, ever, ever happen.”

Sorry to be a noob But does anyone know if there is a list of the people who attended the Christmas Day party? Presumably all people who were invited attended.

It is served up because it is true. And sadly it is true. I wish it were not. The thing that also affects the GJ findings is that DNA was found later that excludes the R's. There is no DNA from the R's on this girl. And there is DNA that belongs to someone else.

I hope that a new DA will go through this case again and re investigate.

Six people?? Six?

Do you honestly believe there were six people in that basement that night?

(bbm)

RSBM for space ~
JP: yeah, I wish if I had anything to say to either of them. Especially to Patsy, is please be a brave person and tell the truth and you know what that truth is.
Mame: Wouldn't that save everybody a lot of…
JP: It would save her.
Mame: uh, huh.
JP: it's because she's so religious that I know that the truth was something that Christianity supports and not lying. I don't know how she lives with herself. She's got to do mental games. She's got to have these mental games where she twists and turns and compartmentalize things. Put things away in hiding, doesn't even think about them anymore. Very similar to, what was her name? Gone with Wind?
Mame: Scarlet.
JP: Scarlet I'll think it tomorrow. She's got to. I mean, she's got to. I wish she could release herself from the game. The play.
Mame: I'll think about it tomorrow.
JP: yeah.

Thanks for bringing this info over, OTG.

It was interesting that some people felt that the scripture JR read to PR on her death bed dealt with God’s forgiveness. And PR’s headstone, “Grace, love and faithfulness through all." Not Einstein brilliant here to assume PR kept many secrets.

Some new posters may not know, both FW and his wife as well as JP wrote open letters published in the newspaper encouraging a special prosecutor. This was some of the public pressure which forced then Gov. Romer to move on a GJ. Even Santa Bill wrote a letter asking that something be done, as he believed AH would not do anything in the case. Neither the W’s nor JP in their letters ever gave an opinion about the Rs' involvement in the death of their daughter.

And as to those questions JP was asked by BPD, I’ve read 4 stories now about JR possessing a “roving eye.” (Makes me wonder if he had his lawyer draw up a standard legal confidentiality agreement given to certain someone(s)? ) Since PR is now deceased and can’t be libeled, it seems as though the “information-gate” from people who knew one or both of the Rs is still locked up pretty tight with a Doberman pinscher lawyer guarding it. MHO

Six people?? Six?

Do you honestly believe there were six people in that basement that night?

That would be quite the party in the basement for the Ramseys to sleep through...

JMO

Didn't one of the detectives/police officer's on scene that morning say that Patsy was breaking down (appearing to cry or crying) with her hands over her face- peeking through her fingers to see his reaction or response?

The Detective was Linda Arndt and she was talking about John "Iceman" Ramsey, not Patsy.

Can someone explain to me how there was NO Ramsey DNA on this child? That BLOWS my mind.

JR said he carried her inside because she was supposedly sleeping, yet no DNA is on her. MmHmm. Forgive me if I don't believe for a second there was "NO RAMSEY DNA" on a Ramsey child.

Also no Ramsey DNA on the RN, even though technicians touching it later easily left their own DNA on it.

It's called "sanitizing the evidence".

The Detective was Linda Arndt and she was talking about John "Iceman" Ramsey, not Patsy.

Actually, it WAS Patsy and it was Officer French (the first police to arrive that morning) who reported seeing Patsy watching him through "splayed fingers" (HIS words).

Arndt was speaking about JR when she described his demeanor after bringing JB's body up. No tears, no moans. All he said to her as he placed JB on the floor of the foyer was "this is an inside job". Later, he gave what Arndt described as a forced wail as he noticed her observing him. Those first observations, beginning with the way he carried JB upstairs, was what caused Arndt to say "in that moment she had understood who had done this". She suspected JR immediately.

Also no Ramsey DNA on the RN, even though technicians touching it later easily left their own DNA on it.

Wasn't sanitized very well, Patsy's fingerprints were on it.

Actually, it WAS Patsy and it was Officer French (the first police to arrive that morning) who reported seeing Patsy watching him through "splayed fingers" (HIS words).

Arndt was speaking about JR when she described his demeanor after bringing JB's body up. No tears, no moans. All he said to her as he placed JB on the floor of the foyer was "this is an inside job". Later, he gave what Arndt described as a forced wail as he noticed her observing him. Those first observations, beginning with the way he carried JB upstairs, was what caused Arndt to say "in that moment she had understood who had done this". She suspected JR immediately.

As I do. Assuming that he actually said it, what do you think JR meant when he said "this is an inside job"? That's not something you would say about an intruder sneaking in off the street. An inside job to me implies someone from inside the family, but I don't understand why JR would say this (if he did).

As I do. Assuming that he actually said it, what do you think JR meant when he said "this is an inside job"? That's not something you would say about an intruder sneaking in off the street. An inside job to me implies someone from inside the family, but I don't understand why JR would say this (if he did).

The same reason he said he didn't think the person intended to kill her, because she was wrapped up like a papoose. He knew the doors were locked, he knew there was no intruder. IMO

Can someone explain to me how there was NO Ramsey DNA on this child? That BLOWS my mind.

JR said he carried her inside because she was supposedly sleeping, yet no DNA is on her. MmHmm. Forgive me if I don't believe for a second there was "NO RAMSEY DNA" on a Ramsey child.
I’ll try to explain how NO Ramsey DNA was found on the victim.

First, we need to understand that they only look for DNA in incriminating locations. Ramsey DNA could have been all over, everywhere else and we would never know it.

Second, we need to realize that although DNA transfer can and often does occur, it does not necessarily occur. A person can touch an object and transfer nothing.

Several factors come into play where transfer is concerned: shedder status; state of agitation (nervous, excited, etc); cleanliness; sweaty, recent contact with mouth; type of contact, duration of contact, material contacted.

The bottom line is that there may have been Ramsey DNA, but it wasn’t found in any incriminating locations.

AK

They didn’t look for DNA on the note, and no DNA was found on the note.
IIRC, Whitson’s fingerprint (one?) was found on the ransom note. I should look at my notes, but that’s all that I can recall...

AK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back