Harley in the Hangar: Chop Shop?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't know how to link to a single comment. Scroll down to take a good look at the Bobcat.

Was the Bobcat painted? There are no decals where one would expect them. What do you think? Can you tell what year the model of this machine is?

To link to a single post, in the top right hand corner of each post is the post # (i.e. post #29), right click on that, select "Copy shortcut" and then paste it into your current post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9498234&postcount=29"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion**[/ame]

hth

PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't know how to link to a single comment. Scroll down to take a good look at the Bobcat.

Was the Bobcat painted? There are no decals where one would expect them. What do you think? Can you tell what year the model of this machine is?
I looked at that earlier and yes I believe it has been painted..I think it is a bobcat and was on their website but not great at identifying the model. I am trying to see if there have been any thefts reported in the last few years for one.

I posted two different bobcats that have been stolen in Ontario in the past couple of years in the chop shop thread. Also, a trailer and backhoe was stolen from Beaverton as well.

I posted two different bobcats that have been stolen in Ontario in the past couple of years in the chop shop thread. Also, a trailer and backhoe was stolen from Beaverton as well.

Thanks puppy. Here I thought that I was keeping up with the posts. :/
Did you also figure out it the bobcat matched a stolen description? I'll look it up.

yes there are a few, think the older model stolen in 2011 might be a close match. I was also trying to find a picture of the generator that was shown in one picture with the backhoe but I can't find it. I'll grab the links for you for stolen machinery.

I looked at that earlier and yes I believe it has been painted..I think it is a bobcat and was on their website but not great at identifying the model. I am trying to see if there have been any thefts reported in the last few years for one.

Looks like an old Takeuchi with the paint flaked off of the bucket arm both front and rear. Looks like gray primer showing where the name would be.

I think you're bang-on Archangel:

Being towed from Roseville Rd farm:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9498233&postcount=28"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion**[/ame]

from Takeuchi US:
http://www.takeuchi-us.com/www/docs/103/rubber-track-loaders

ETA: Sorry, for some reason the link to a specific photo won't work, so I think I've just duplicated your link.

Sure looks like the one you posted. The arms for the bucket on the bobcat from London I posted don't match at all, different style too.

With DEFACED VINs, yes I see no other way around it. And of course no VIN is the same as a defaced one.

I believe the criminal code in Ontario uses the word knowingly with regards to possession of a defaced VIN. The deed holder to the property(hanger) would be the 1st on the hook until the investigation pinpoints an individual(s)

Three factual points:

1) Ontario, like any other Canadian province or territory, is under the jurisdiction of the The Criminal Code (of Canada) (CC).

2) There is no offence relating to "possession of defaced VIN" in CC. The offenses stemming from possession would be tried under sections dealing with theft, and/or possession of property obtained by crime.

3) It is an offence in Canada, under section 353.1(1) of CC, to tamper with or to remove a VIN without legal excuse.

Best,
J.

Three factual points:

1) Ontario, like any other Canadian province or territory, is under the jurisdiction of the The Criminal Code (of Canada) (CC).

2) There is no offence relating to "possession of defaced VIN" in CC. The offenses stemming from possession would be tried under sections dealing with theft, and/or possession of property obtained by crime.

3) It is an offence in Canada, under section 353.1(1) of CC, to tamper with or to remove a VIN without legal excuse.

Best,
J.

Obliterated vehicle identification number

(2) In proceedings in respect of an offence under subsection (1), evidence that a person has in his possession a motor vehicle the vehicle identification number of which has been wholly or partially removed or obliterated or a part of a motor vehicle being a part bearing a vehicle identification number that has been wholly or partially removed or obliterated is, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, proof that the motor vehicle or part, as the case may be, was obtained, and that such person had the motor vehicle or part, as the case may be, in his possession knowing that it was obtained,
(a) by the commission in Canada of an offence punishable by indictment; or
(b) by an act or omission anywhere that, if it had occurred in Canada, would have constituted an offence punishable by indictment.

Here it is and I can't get the image size reduced for some reason. Got it...

takeuchiTL130.jpg

Here it is and I can't get the image size reduced for some reason.

It's okay, it didn't blow the margins.

There's another pic in the Takeuchi thumbprints that`s a good comparison from behind:

The one being removed from the farm:

the one from the Takeuchi site linked previously:

Sillybilly, I believe that's the make and model, maybe a older year though.

Three factual points:

Best,
J.
Solo, do you have links for the first two items? The rules on WS require links to be provided with statements of "fact". Thanks.

Solo, do you have links for the first two items? The rules on WS require links to be provided with statements of "fact". Thanks.

The clause giving the federal government exclusive power over criminal law is in S91(27) of the Constitution Act(1867)

Somewhat difficult to cite a reference as evidence something does not exist (assuming a good lawyer hasn't happened to mention it somewhere, and, of course, IANAL.)

Feel free to peruse the criminal code: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/

Edit: Here's the section immediately following section 353.1 which does specifically mention that if someone is in possession of a vehicle or part having a defaced VIN they automatically bear the burden of proof that they are not in possession of property obtained by crime, which is a criminal offense. So, basically what Solo said, but worth elaborating on the fact that possession of parts having a defaced VIN is seen as prima facie proof that the vehicle or parts were stolen and that the person in possession is aware of that fact.

Somewhat difficult to cite a reference as evidence something does not exist (assuming a good lawyer hasn't happened to mention it somewhere, and, of course, IANAL.)
<rsbm>

Toom, what is IANAL? Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members