Has any doubt crept in to your 100% guilty belief?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This jury just enabled Casey exactly as her family has her entire life, the verdict, once again, in her mind, said it's ok to lie to get your butt out of a jam.......and once again, it worked for her.

AMEN to that!

And even scarier is that it just enabled every other selfish sociopath in our world. All children of all sociopaths are now in much greater danger. In fact, every human being who angers a sociopath for any reason is now in greater danger. Heaven help the parents of difficult teenagers now!!

I can just see it now " I'm mad at my dad for making me be responsible..I'll kill in a mad fit of anger and the world will blame HIM and feel sorry for ME..( and I'll get rich and famous to boot)". That'll show all those struggling parents out there. Now they'll REALLY be afraid to levy any consequences for bad behavior.

Nope, did not change my mind. 100% guilty.
Not too sure though if chloroform was used during the murder. Not that it really matters, she murdered Caylee by some method. Maybe she did drown her in a tub in the house ( always a shred of truth in her lies) and used duct tape to stop her from screaming prior to drowning. Duct tape stays on, even in water. Duct tape does not stick to an already wet surface. She murdered her. No accident.
And she did it alone, all by herself, including the disposal of the body. No involvement of any other Anthonys..

Please forgive me in advance if this becomes too long and explanation....but here it goes.

I have followed this case from the day Caylee went missing and followed the trial...including jury selection (like listening to grass grow). I have never once waivered in thinking that Casey was guilty. However, as the trial progressed I did begin to doubt the state's ability to prove 1st degree murder. In all honesty I've read articles and books that put the pieces together better than the state did. DOn't get me wrong I thought the state diligently worked to seek justice for Caylee and not a spotlight like the defense team, and that they did a great job with the evidence they had.
I think when the jury members begin talking (disgusting that they're asking for money) we'll hear that although they think Casey was somehow involved with Caylee's death....there was reasonable doubt that it was premeditated murder. With that being said, I was anticipating a lower charge or even a hung jury....I will never understand completely letting her walk.

Quote from Curiosity CatOne thing that has haunted me for awhile now, has been the timing of finding Caylee's remains. I always thought it a bit odd, though probably a coincidence, that CA & GA were in LA doing the LK show at the time the body was found. I don't know why, but my hinky meter went up and I always wondered if that was "planned." Just a vibe I got.

One other thing was when ICA said to CA "What do you mean you don't know what my involvement was?" Something about the way she said that haunts me to this day.

I agree, it was strange. Strange to me, the clip of CA and LA in jail call. It sounds like she was actually pointing him to the remains. Believe it was 7/28. They were talking VERY cryptically and he asked "Point me where to search" and she says "Honestly, close to home, what is familiar to us." (sorry paraphrasing slightly). I know she was trying to tell him something. Perhaps, just perhaps she wanted the body found?

Question:

If you killed someone with a weapon that could potentially be traced back to you, and you had both the presence of mind and the time to realize that, would you leave the weapon next to the person you murdered?

If the duct tape was the murder weapon, why wasn't it removed from Caylee's body by the person who used it to kill her before she was disposed of?

Did the person who killed Caylee really want to make it that much easier for LE to conclude how the child was murdered, followed by the extraction of forensic evidence to lead them directly to the killer if she was found shortly after she was murdered?

Do these factors cause you to think that the duct tape was more likely a post-mortem prop after an accidental death to make it *look* like a murder...but clean of prints or DNA under those circumstances?

As a juror, I would have brought this up.

Please forgive me in advance if this becomes too long and explanation....but here it goes.

I have followed this case from the day Caylee went missing and followed the trial...including jury selection (like listening to grass grow). I have never once waivered in thinking that Casey was guilty. However, as the trial progressed I did begin to doubt the state's ability to prove 1st degree murder. In all honesty I've read articles and books that put the pieces together better than the state did. DOn't get me wrong I thought the state diligently worked to seek justice for Caylee and not a spotlight like the defense team, and that they did a great job with the evidence they had.
I think when the jury members begin talking (disgusting that they're asking for money) we'll hear that although they think Casey was somehow involved with Caylee's death....there was reasonable doubt that it was premeditated murder. With that being said, I was anticipating a lower charge or even a hung jury....I will never understand completely letting her walk.

I agree....the PT didn't seem to weave a story. to me, is was by the book prosecution. times have changed. people have shorter attention spans. you HAVE to weave a story. I personally think JA was TOO experienced to try this. He didn't take any chances like Baez did.

I will say that Casey's reaction did give me pause. She almost seemed so greatful and relieved that they believed her, like she felt that they thought she was a good person as the whole world thought she was evil. She wasn't smug about it.

But see, this is precisely what makes her such an amazing liar!

Question:

If you killed someone with a weapon that could potentially be traced back to you, and you had both the presence of mind and the time to realize that, would you leave the weapon next to the person you murdered?

If the duct tape was the murder weapon, why wasn't it removed from Caylee's body by the person who used it to kill her before she was disposed of?

Did the person who killed Caylee really want to make it that much easier for LE to conclude how the child was murdered, followed by the extraction of forensic evidence to lead them directly to the killer if she was found shortly after she was murdered?

Do these factors cause you to think that the duct tape was more likely a post-mortem prop after an accidental death to make it *look* like a murder...but clean of prints or DNA under those circumstances?

I guess the fact that there weren't any fingerprints on the duct tape is irrelevant to these choices. I personally think she chloroformed her and killed her and then stuck the tape on so it looked like a kidnapping.

Nope. I think that the jury was beyond stoopid.

moo

ETA - The system doesn't work anymore. The "potential jurors" that got away were the ones that understood the potential impact this trial could have on their lives and they knew what to say or do to get out of the situtation. The ones that were left, either hadn't a clue as to what they were facing or thought it was a game show like "survival". How do we get to a point where the people that are on the jury are so freaking clueless that they have heard little or nothing of the case? THAT's a FAIR "jury of peers"? I think not. That sounds like a bunch of clued out people to me!

moo

re: Has any doubt crept in to your 100% guilty belief?

Not even a scintilla!

Question:

In Casey's world , I do not think , she even had kidnapping on her mind on 6/16. She probably thought that the body would never be found, especially since nobody would be looking for it until she was cornered on 7/15. The kidnapping story was made up on the fly on 7/15 IMO.

I never had a 100% guilty thought of premeditated murder. Who premeditates murder and then drives around with a body in the trunk of your car until it reeks to high heaven? Usually there's a plan in premeditation. I think it's possible that through complete neglect this child drowned in a pool while Casey was doing who knows what and didn't care one way or the other after the baby died.

Does anyone know what parents who love and care for their children, but accidentally leave them in a car without realizing they are in there, and the children die, what are they charged with? Because they often ARE charged with a crime but all the while they are totally devastated and didn't intend any harm at all. Casey should have been found guilty of AT LEAST THAT charge. Causing the baby's death through negligence or whatever. God help the parents who truly don't know the child is in their car, I have empathy for them. Casey, not so much.

I think the jury didn't have enough options on what to charge her with. How about the crime of "depraved indifference to human life". That would fit, absolutely. Involuntary manslaughter (if she drowned through neglect) and abuse of a corpse?

Even if you completely believe her story, that Caylee drowned and then she dumped her remains and went on a partying spree, lying to the cops all the way, that's still a crime. And it's a much worse crime than just making a false report. Tampering with evidence . . . depraved indifference . . .

This is really awful that this woman who has no soul is now going to be scot free to profit.

I still believe with all my heart CA planned on killing CAYLEE.
She searched all the odd things in March, by June the baby was dead.
CAYLEE could, did tlk and I am postitive she started to 'tattle' on momster.
That is why duct tape was on the baby's mouth........like in SHUT UP!
Casey killed CAYLEE...........I still believe that 100%

Question:

No actually they don't, I think I could have made an educated guess that after months underwater there were no fingerprints or dna to be found.

Any good homicide detective will tell you the one thing hardest to find at a CS is a good print. I don't think this jury understood either that there is not always dna at a CS.

Why would you make an accidental death look like a murder? What's your motivation for that. The only thing I can think of is there was something on Caylee they didn't want LE to find..

In a situation of panic which this must have been if an accidental death, I don't think you are thinking about duct tape leading back to you. Given the proof there was a dead body in Casey's car, I believe she only thought of getting rid of the body. Also I think she never thought the body would be found.

I think the jurors explanations so far ring hollow. They let the justice system down.

I still believe with all my heart CA planned on killing CAYLEE.
She searched all the odd things in March, by June the baby was dead.
CAYLEE could, did tlk and I am postitive she started to 'tattle' on momster.
That is why duct tape was on the baby's mouth........like in SHUT UP!
Casey killed CAYLEE...........I still believe that 100%

I'm just not sure she planned her death. What seems clear to me is that Casey didn't really care at all what happened to Caylee, it was of no real consequence when Caylee died who knows how.

I think Casey always knew she could leave Caylee with her parents. I just don't see the need to premeditate to kill that baby since her parents would be willing - it seems - to take the baby. Granted, her mother would frown and disapprove of Casey, but would take Caylee in a heartbeat.

What most startles me is the lack of any kind of remorse whatsoever or grieving when that dear child was dead. Who knows what happened to kill her. Casey's lack of remorse or sorrow - to this DAY - is shocking. She sure cried real tears and showed real emotion when she was found not guilty. Did we ever see one little teeny bit of that about Caylee's death? No, we didn't.

Casey is fully capable as we saw two days ago of displaying - and clearly feeling - sincere raw emotion. For herself only.

Not a doubt in my mind. Casey murdered Caylee, and got away with it.

Something is wrong with the American justice system.

And with Cheney Mason giving the finger out the window of the restaurant. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove