DNA Solves

Has Misty told her parents the truth?

• Yes, she told both of them and they are covering it up

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, she told her dad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Yes, she told her mom

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • No, she didn't tell them or I'm not sure if she did or not?

Votes: 156 91.2%

• Total voters
It's hard to read Misty, isn't it?

No, her own parents do not know about what happened to Haleigh. I don't know what lies she told them about that night. I can understand why they wouldn't want to know because the truth may involve two of their children. Better to not know the truth than to have to turn in your family member(s) perhaps. Both her Mom and Dad do not seem like the type that would press her for whole story, but just advise CYA.

However, it appears Misty's parents must believe she only knows "something" about what happened to Haleigh, but don't believe Misty actually was involved in Haleigh being harmed. Misty's parents seem to believe what she knows would clear her. They probably think she's covering for Ron and family. Are they just in denial?

IMO, what Misty knows must be everything because she sure has hung on to the secret. Was she somehow the one responsible for Haleigh's disappearance? If not, then talk, Girl!

I don't think Misty is covering for anyone, I think its more that she is scared. She doesn't feel like she has an option but to stay quiet or else be killed. The only way she is going to talk is if someone insures she will be protected. IMO

In one of the jail house vids Timmy and Misty are talking about Haleigh and Timmy comes right out and ask her well what do you know sis. It seemed like a very honest question and not set up so that makes me believe Timmy does not know anything and if he doesn't then I don't think the parents know.

It's really interesting to read everyone's take on this. Lots of good thought provoking posts here. :highfive:

Even the stuff I don't agree with, really good points are made.

Misty's parents may not know everything, but they do know something. She has confided in them at least a little. Much of it has been twisted, as Misty is a habitual liar, but they know she's involved somehow. Regardless, none of it is her fault in their eyes. They're a family of career criminals.

Sorry for the O/T, but Lisa just blows me away! She doesn't chastise her daughter one bit for the drug dealing, but she'll fuss at her if she cuts her hair. :confused: She had no problem signing her underage daughter over to marry Ronald, and didn't even make her go to school. She's terrified of making her little "Me Me" angry, even if it's for her own good. The woman has zero sense.

I don't think Misty is covering for anyone, I think its more that she is scared. She doesn't feel like she has an option but to stay quiet or else be killed. The only way she is going to talk is if someone insures she will be protected. IMO
I don't think Misty is scared of anyone. She's very reckless and seems to think she's invincible. On the drug bust tape she expresses fear of getting caught, yet it doesn't stop her from doing all those risky drug deals with someone she hardly knows. She wants out in general population despite being warned about getting her butt kicked by tough gals who might think she's a baby killer. She's street smart, but also totally clueless about a lot of things.

(Not trying to dis your opinion, Butterfly-- just expressing my own. I really enjoy your posts! :))

If Misty actually knows more then she has told I don't think she has opened her mouth to anyone including Ron. I think she will stick to her story until the day she dies. She has gone for a year without saying a word and it is probably easier now to keep silent then it was at the beginning. I think her folks suspect that she knows more then she is telling but on the other hand I don't think they want to know if she was involved. I don't think her folks know any more then we do.

Just wanted to add...when Misty was in that van selling the drugs she was a totally different person then we have been seeing. She acted grownup and she looked like she had fixed herself up and had makeup on. From night to day.

Uh huh Bobbisangel, I think she was hot for the UC. Flirt mode on......
IMO

Did you notice in the phone call to Timmy she says "Tell Cobra to bail me out and I have some information i can give him." I'd love to know what that meant.

don't know how to vote..aargh... believe that her parents think Misty knows more...I'm thinking Hank seems to be the one who holds sway with her...but she sold Tommy up the river with that last burglary info....Is she just trying to discredit him should he come back at her....just impossible to believe that, thus far, Misty has told all she knows...even if it were that she was out of the house for a while....its just a mess....

I guess I am beginning to see that MC understands that jail means her lengthy childhood is over, a perpetual childhood cultured by a mother who never made her learn to read. Jail means her carefree days are gone forever, along with what's left of her innocence. But I think it may be quite a while before she makes a clean breast of things .... :twocents:

I'm beginning to think that it's gonna be a long time before she talks. If she was responsible, I really think that she would've created a lie to cover herself-kind of a 'yeah, I was there, but she fell' off the porch, & then Tommy or Joe came & took her away.' or she got into Tommy's or Joe's drugs, & they took her away'. or there was an accident with Joe's gun...No, I'm becoming more sure that she's covering for Ron. She's not talking, because she wants to prove to him that she's no snitch, & because he trusted her to help him. Watching her on that under cover video, just shows how much she wants him to accept her in that world. Now, I'm depressed.

Misty has nothing to gain by talking except a murder charge, or accomplice. The sentence she will receive for drugs is far less than murder.

Did you notice in the phone call to Timmy she says "Tell Cobra to bail me out and I have some information i can give him." I'd love to know what that meant.

I think that means she wants out and is willing to lie to Cobra to accomplish what she wants.

moo

She isn't going to tell Cobra where HaLeigh is or what happened that night, of that, I'm sure. of course moo.

I think Hank Sr is being threatened by, or offered less jail time, for his charges to get info from Misty, and is like Misty in that he will offer up whatever he knows to save his own butt.

Misty thought telling LE about Tommy's crimes would get her a out of jail free card. She has learned that LE isn't buying her sweet innocent, I'm sorry, so let me out now, game.

She quickly goes from being beligurent to sad, to defiant, to resolved in a matter of minutes on her jail visits. She reminds me of KC, except she doesn't hate her parents. She just uses whatever, whoever, and says whatever to benefit herself. moo

yosande, I agree that Hank Sr may be being offered 'help' in regards to his, LC and Tommy's situation as well, if he can get info from Misty, but not at her expense as I also think it would benefit Misty as well. I wouldn't blame him a bit either.

I don't believe Misty has told them what happened. I do think that they have always thought she knew more than she was saying though, but they have admitted that. I don't believe that Tommy had anything to do with HaLeigh's disappearance, nor do I think that Misty has told him either.

I would love to be a fly on the wall and know what their private theories are!

The mother seems to appear guilt-ridden, enabling, parasitic. Dad appears to want out of this mess, wanting to take care of himself. (can't blame the guy)

Sad to say, MC appears to be a practice liar. Sad in one so young. Duplicitous: one minute professing she is changed forever, the next wanting to be out in the population, hungry to get in on the action, like a kid whose found out something enticing about it. No real patience with self-study or introspection, when there is a chance to escape.

Also, shows clear signs to me of still having tranquilizers in her head.

Also, I have to ask myself why loving parents have let a child grow up unable to read. Afraid she would outshine them? :twocents:

Tinsel, I never heard that Misty didn't know how to read, so she couldn't write, what about math? Such a sorry, sorry thing in this day and age. What the HE!! were her parents thinking! This whole case has me way too sad.

I feel Hank Sr. "gets to" Misty.

Have him continue talking to her.

Tinsel, I never heard that Misty didn't know how to read, so she couldn't write, what about math? Such a sorry, sorry thing in this day and age. What the HE!! were her parents thinking! This whole case has me way too sad.

Why does everyone think Misty can't read ? She wants everyone and their brother to write to her, she tells her Dad what the newspaper said that he said...quite accurately even. I'm not buying she can't read, to me this is just one more of her little games to keep people feeling sorry for her. She wants money in her commissary so she can but stamps and envelopes so she can return letters. From the UC tapes, she can do math as well, in multiples of 10 even. Not buying it.

This is not meant in any way to bash her or anyone,:truce: but most of what I have seen and heard from MC and her family makes me think they are all illiterate for the most part. I think she can read a little at a low level, my thinking on why she wants everyone to write to he is because more than likely those who would write to her would or can only write at a level she could understand.
When I write to my 3rd grader I write at a level I feel she will understand.
If you wrote to MC it would have to be something she could comprehend, for instance in the 911 call the dispatcher asks for the numerics again and MC says “what’s that.”
As for her math skills I am not about to comment on that.

I thought I read somewhere news papers typically try to maintain a low level of reading such as 8th or below

I'm beginning to think that it's gonna be a long time before she talks. If she was responsible, I really think that she would've created a lie to cover herself-kind of a 'yeah, I was there, but she fell' off the porch, & then Tommy or Joe came & took her away.' or she got into Tommy's or Joe's drugs, & they took her away'. or there was an accident with Joe's gun...No, I'm becoming more sure that she's covering for Ron. She's not talking, because she wants to prove to him that she's no snitch, & because he trusted her to help him. Watching her on that under cover video, just shows how much she wants him to accept her in that world. Now, I'm depressed.

BBM

This is what I've been thinking, too. Whatever she knows, she is keeping quiet to prove to Ron how much she loves him. "Her love is so deep and true that she would never snitch on him" type of thing. She also proved her love to Ron when she got his name tattooed on her back.

BBM

This is what I've been thinking, too. Whatever she knows, she is keeping quiet to prove to Ron how much she loves him. "Her love is so deep and true that she would never snitch on him" type of thing. She also proved her love to Ron when she got his name tattooed on her back.

I'd be scared of "I love you" too if it means I have to keep such horrible secrets and get someone's name/image/tribal weavey tatt on my lower back.

I'd be scared of "I love you" too if it means I have to keep such horrible secrets and get someone's name/image/tribal weavey tatt on my lower back.

There is a saying..."We are only as sick as our secrets."
As I see it.. These people are the keepers of a deep dark horrible secret.. Under those circumstances love can't exist in that quagmire of deception.....JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back