DNA Solves

Has Misty told her parents the truth?

• Yes, she told both of them and they are covering it up

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, she told her dad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Yes, she told her mom

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • No, she didn't tell them or I'm not sure if she did or not?

Votes: 156 91.2%

• Total voters
Why does everyone think Misty can't read ? She wants everyone and their brother to write to her, she tells her Dad what the newspaper said that he said...quite accurately even. I'm not buying she can't read, to me this is just one more of her little games to keep people feeling sorry for her. She wants money in her commissary so she can but stamps and envelopes so she can return letters. From the UC tapes, she can do math as well, in multiples of 10 even. Not buying it.

Nor am I...many kids can read by age 4 or 5 and most DO read by age 6 or 7 so we can "assume" she had basic reading skills to be passed through the next grades although yes, I do know, some schools are quite lax--:( But we also saw her myspace comments etc...so she has basic reading and writing skills...JMO

Quiche, I think you're right that Misty probably didn't have to lie to her parents about the same things that most youngsters would have to. If she skipped school or left her homework undone or took drugs or stole something it might not have been such a big deal in her family and she might not have taken much of a beating for it. It's simply their way, or so it appears.

At the same time, I think her family is well accustomed to lying together, lying to themselves, making excuses for their own dysfunction. Everybody does drugs, we don't have a problem about it, we're not the stealing kind, etc.

ITA - I think "parenting" to the Croslins means something completely different the most people's concept of parenting.

I'd say that Misty has tried to tell them what she thinks may have happened, but that her parents favor the sons' word over Misty's. This is just assuming that Misty didn't hurt Haleigh herself. I don't think Misty is a psychopath or nearly as narcissistic as she could be and the only lies I've heard about (besides the fake pregnancy test) are allegations that relative young teens messed with her when she was a child. That sort of thing happens to some in troubled families, so she really may not be lying, but the family won't believe and admit it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher
Back