Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gosh no. Their theory makes no sense:

1. Why stay in jail for almost three years for something you didn't do?
2. Why keep an accident a secret for 3 years when facing the death penalty?
3. Why would GA not naturally do CPR or call 911? If they are trying to insinuate that he didn't call 911 because he wouldn't want doctors examining the child and finding evidence of molestation, which I sort of got the sense they were implying, that doesn't explain why CPR was not used and besides, Caylee did see a pediatrician so that is a nonsensical implication.
4. Why would GA's first reaction be to scream loudly at casey but then suddenly and immediately switch to a cover up to protect her?
5. Isn't it convenient that the first inklings that casey may be alleging sex abuse occurred right after death penalty mitigation experts spent HOURS consulting with her at the jail?
6. And why was the first hint of such allegations not that GA put his penis in her mouth repeatedly, but that LA molested her nightly and she thinks, possibly, that maybe her dad did too? Trying out the theory the defense was cultivating in you casey?
7. What motivation would GA have to hide an accident? Why would he rather risk his daughter being sentenced to death?
8. If GA was this sickening molester, why did she leave Caylee with her parents all the time?
9. If GA was this sickening molester, why did casey tell him during a jail visit that none of this was his fault - he was the best dad and granddad ever?
10. Why were triple layers of duct tape placed on caylee after she accidentally drowned?
11. Why was someone conducting multiple searches for chloroform, inhalation, how to make chloroform, the ingredients used to make chloroform, death, how to make household weapons, shovels, etc., at times when GA and CA were at work?
12. Why were high levels of chloroform found in casey's trunk, the levels being so high that they prompted an computer forensics search for chloroform on casey's computers?
13. Why didn't casey expose this after she found out that her father's grand jury testimony helped indict her? Why wait almost three years?
14. Why did GA seem so scared that a body may be in casey's trunk when he picked it up at the amscot if he knew Caylee was already dead and her body discarded?
15. Why, if casey is so scared of her family that she never told the truth about what happened, despite the state asking for the death penalty, did she express rage and jealousy over their concern for Caylee and their family celebrations while she sat in jail?
16. Why was Tony Lazzaro, the first boyfriend she had who refused to have Caylee in his bed, at his house at night and the first to express that he did not want kids but if he did, he would only want a boy, the only person casey really wanted to speak to when she was arrested?
17. Why would ever diligent CA suddenly forget to do something she always remembered to do to keep Caylee safe, and leave the pool ladder down?
18. Why would casey insist repeatedly that Caylee did not have an accident, when pressed by investigators who stated the only other alternative was that she was coldhearted monster?
19. Why did GA try to angrily confront casey about Caylee's whereabouts when she was released on bail if he knew she died in an accident?
20. Why would GA try to cover up an accident only to make statements to LE and in the grand jury that ultimately implicated her in the murder of her child and that led to GJ indictment?
21. Why the heck would Kronk keep and hide an unrelated, dead child's body for several months, especially when he had nothing to do with her death? Remember, if he was found in possession of that body, he would be the one on trial for murder right now.
22. Why has casey really never shed a tear until today, for her dead baby, who she loved ever so much and who she doted on? Why, if she loved her child so much, did she exhibit such callous indifference about the death of her baby?

I look forward to folks answering your questions! We all do like to see others opinions, and you've structured very nicely to have opposing folks put in their views for others to see. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been mentioned, and I could hardly pay attention to JB, but did his "George was there when Caylee died" story match up to what we know of KC's cell phone pings? If GA left the house at 12:50 p.m., did JB's story match up with potential pings from GA's cell?
I could not unerstand what time he was saying this all went down and how that correlated to cell pings. For sure the state has GA's cell records, hopefully his pings.

When GA stonyface denied it, something instantly broke in KC. I mean BROKE. I swear to you, and yes I'm definately prone to over-exagerations, BUT . . . I swear I watched her soul tear. In that very second . . . . I felt in my heart that it was true.

Respectfully, I know what you are feeling but my feeling was that she was hurt and surprised that he didn't go along with her defense. All her life her parents have covered for her lies and her mistakes. This time, Daddy drew a line in the sand and stood up for Caylee.

MOO - and I really do respect your opinion too.

Gosh no. Their theory makes no sense:

1. Why stay in jail for almost three years for something you didn't do?
2. Why keep an accident a secret for 3 years when facing the death penalty?
3. Why would GA not naturally do CPR or call 911? If they are trying to insinuate that he didn't call 911 because he wouldn't want doctors examining the child and finding evidence of molestation, which I sort of got the sense they were implying, that doesn't explain why CPR was not used and besides, Caylee did see a pediatrician so that is a nonsensical implication.
4. Why would GA's first reaction be to scream loudly at casey but then suddenly and immediately switch to a cover up to protect her?
5. Isn't it convenient that the first inklings that casey may be alleging sex abuse occurred right after death penalty mitigation experts spent HOURS consulting with her at the jail?
6. And why was the first hint of such allegations not that GA put his penis in her mouth repeatedly, but that LA molested her nightly and she thinks, possibly, that maybe her dad did too? Trying out the theory the defense was cultivating in you casey?
7. What motivation would GA have to hide an accident? Why would he rather risk his daughter being sentenced to death?
8. If GA was this sickening molester, why did she leave Caylee with her parents all the time?
9. If GA was this sickening molester, why did casey tell him during a jail visit that none of this was his fault - he was the best dad and granddad ever?
10. Why were triple layers of duct tape placed on caylee after she accidentally drowned?
11. Why was someone conducting multiple searches for chloroform, inhalation, how to make chloroform, the ingredients used to make chloroform, death, how to make household weapons, shovels, etc., at times when GA and CA were at work?
12. Why were high levels of chloroform found in casey's trunk, the levels being so high that they prompted an computer forensics search for chloroform on casey's computers?
13. Why didn't casey expose this after she found out that her father's grand jury testimony helped indict her? Why wait almost three years?
14. Why did GA seem so scared that a body may be in casey's trunk when he picked it up at the amscot if he knew Caylee was already dead and her body discarded?
15. Why, if casey is so scared of her family that she never told the truth about what happened, despite the state asking for the death penalty, did she express rage and jealousy over their concern for Caylee and their family celebrations while she sat in jail?
16. Why was Tony Lazzaro, the first boyfriend she had who refused to have Caylee in his bed, at his house at night and the first to express that he did not want kids but if he did, he would only want a boy, the only person casey really wanted to speak to when she was arrested?
17. Why would ever diligent CA suddenly forget to do something she always remembered to do to keep Caylee safe, and leave the pool ladder down?
18. Why would casey insist repeatedly that Caylee did not have an accident, when pressed by investigators who stated the only other alternative was that she was coldhearted monster?
19. Why did GA try to angrily confront casey about Caylee's whereabouts when she was released on bail if he knew she died in an accident?
20. Why would GA try to cover up an accident only to make statements to LE and in the grand jury that ultimately implicated her in the murder of her child and that led to GJ indictment?
21. Why the heck would Kronk keep and hide an unrelated, dead child's body for several months, especially when he had nothing to do with her death? Remember, if he was found in possession of that body, he would be the one on trial for murder right now.
22. Why has casey really never shed a tear until today, for her dead baby, who she loved ever so much and who she doted on? Why, if she loved her child so much, did she exhibit such callous indifference about the death of her baby?

Excellent questions! I hope the jurors are as thoughtful and thorough as you! I have no words to describe how despicable ICA is.

OT here, but does anyone have a link to GA's cross-examination by the defense? I can't find it anywhere.

GA knew what ICA and her team were going to accuse him of. He had to sit there, emotionless, or get kicked out of court. Guy can't win no matter what he does.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, and I could hardly pay attention to JB, but did his "George was there when Caylee died" story match up to what we know of KC's cell phone pings? If GA left the house at 12:50 p.m., did JB's story match up with potential pings from GA's cell?
I could not unerstand what time he was saying this all went down and how that correlated to cell pings. For sure the state has GA's cell records, hopefully his pings.

I just assumed that it did. Surely the defense can't be that stupid.

Weren't there a tonne of calls to Cindy from ICA that afternoon also
?

One thing bothers the hello out of me now that I've had time to let it sink in. If ONE juror was/knows somebody that was sexually abused and has some unresolved issues about it, it could mean trouble for the State. It's been tossed out there and you can't un-ring a bell. In fact the more I think about it for a defensive move, it was way better than I want to give JB credit for.

It bothers me that ICA is allowed to react by shaking her head no when facts are being stated that have already been backed up with fact. HHJP said he was not going to tolerate any reactions in court. What about her?:banghead:

I was wondering about that as well. I was under the impression that there were to be no shaking of heads or even a lot of facial expression. Anyone remember the exact instruction on that?

BTW, I think JB put her up to all that fake crocodile tear emotion and misleading head shaking. He know doubt told her she was being viewed as cold and heartless and told her to concentrate hard on something that really makes her sad...like limited access to gullible hotties, or lack of Target excursions. :maddening:

If anything, I now believe more firmly than ever that ICA killed Caylee on purpose. I don't believe that GA abused her and anyone that could throw their own family under the bus like this could do anything.... to anyone.

IMO, her emotions got the better of her as she watched her father get ripped apart by JB, knowing it was all a lie.

I was actually embarrassed watching JB today. I can't imagine The State of Florida gave him a license to practice law. IMO he's done.

The sexual abuse story is not meant to excuse murder, it is meant to excuse her behavior following Caylee's death. This is why she did not know how to act appropriately, they are saying, especially since the person who was also involved in the death was the abuser, according to the defense. So no, they are not trying to get her off murder via sexual abuse allegations, they are trying to show how she responded badly to an "accidental death" due to being a sexual abuse vicitm.

It is very hard to know how someone listening to all of this without the entire back story will react. A few posters have indicated that people they watched with today bought into it, or at least accepted the defense theory as possible.

What I am wondering about, since the defense admitted that Casey lies all the time, for no reason or for the heck of it, will this take away from the impact the state hopes to make by detailing her lies, one by one? I mean, they already conceded she is a big fat liar.

Not at all if anything her attorney is as much a liar as she is!! Haven't change my mind guilty and hopefully she will get the DP! That beautiful little girl didn't deserve to be born to this Mother Monster!!

I was wondering about that as well. I was under the impression that there were to be no shaking of heads or even a lot of facial expression. Anyone remember the exact instruction on that?

BTW, I think JB put her up to all that fake crocodile tear emotion and misleading head shaking. He know doubt told her she was being viewed as cold and heartless and told her to concentrate hard on something that really makes her sad...like limited access to gullible hotties, or lack of Target excursions. :maddening:

IMO it could be hard to stop this.

DT will claim it is uncontrollable and/or natural emotion to difficult circumstances and that she cannot be thrown out because she has a right to be present and is not disrupting proceedings (at least deliberately).

Re my bold above--

It didn't change my mind because I know all the facts of this case, however, when I listened to JB's opening statement as if I knew nothing about Casey or her parents, I arrived at exactly the same conclusion your mom did. :banghead: What's more, two other people happened to be here who I've told much about this case, and they had no choice but to watch Baez's opening on InSession with me. They both were quite willing to believe the accident theory/her father was a monster/poor abused girl! :banghead: :banghead:

Furthermore, although I hate to say this, I also felt that a couple of George's replies to Baez were foolishly and brazenly evasive and ended up supporting B's theory that ICA is the emotionally scarred result of the Anthonys Living a Bizarre Life of Lies and Denial. For example, there is no way in h*ll that GA didn't demand to know who the father of ICA's baby was within minutes of finding out ICA was pregnant.

There is no way in h*ll, he (or any other sane father) would be overcome with pure joy upon learning his 18 year old unmarried daughter was knocked up--in fact, so overcome with joy that he didn't think about demanding the name of the baby's father or care that he was acquiring the responsibility to support his baby.

As to trying to check up on Casey at her job, he first said his purpose in going there was to take his daughter to lunch, not check up on her. The reverse was true, and would have been justified and sensible of him.

I think the reason for the above answers is that George was so (understandably) humiliated and horrified by Baez's accusations that he (George) was intent on showing that he's an ultra-nice dad and a besotted grandfather. By doing that, he came off as being less believable or perhaps less sensible -- or less normal?

And am I the only one who wanted to cry out, "George, shut up!" when he described his joyous reaction to seeing Caylee's "pancake" on the ultra-sound which he said meant the baby was going to be a little girl??? For the love of God, he'd just been accused of sexually molesting his 8 year old daughter and now he's discussing his thrill at the sight of the female fetal sexual organs!

Before you all leap to his defense and come after me with upraised fists :truce: let me admit that I may be nitpicking poor George to death, but if I am, it's only because I'm so desperate to see the truth prevail; ICA punished severely; and the DT totally foiled. Oh, yeah--and JB and CM publicly exposed for their conniving and lies, too. That's my version of total justice for little Caylee.

I thought pancake meant the head and the body. I only ever see two circles on an ultrasound.

I only have a minute, but wanted to share my thoughts on this.

IMO, Baez could possibly have made this work, if he didn't have some weird compulsion vendetta thing for every slight he has suffered, real or imagined.

I could see the 'Caylee drowned and George took her away' story maybe causing reasonable doubt for the uninformed. But JB couldn't leave it at that, no siree.

JB seems to have a grudge against Kronk, so he had to have him play a part in this BS. Even if what he said about Kronk was 100% true *snort*, it basically has nothing to do with ICA in JB's version of events.

But does he stop there? Of course not. He had so throw some mud on TES (they lied about the area being wet) and LE (they did nothing but conspire with Roy Kronk and go after ICA, never even looking at another person), let's not spare Cindy (she knew where body was, sent someone looking, no explanation how she got this info from Kronk, the hider of the body) and I could go on and on, but I've got to go.

At day 31 I thought this was an accident. Over the past 3 years I believed more and more that this wasn't an accident because some things just didn't add up. This morning there was a 0000001% possibility in my head that this could have been an accident (very slim). Tonight I'm 100% sure ICA purposely killed Caylee and I would like to thank JB for that!

Justice for Caylee!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408
Back