Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good questions but if you understood the mentality of one who has been sexually abused and how they react in certain situations, how they have been raised to live a lie and put on a happy face to the everyone outside their home/family life and compartmentalize/dissociate everything bad that happens to them then I think you would be able to answer most of these questions yourself.

What shocks me the most is that so many people here on websleuths who spend so much time following true crime are unable to see that Casey Anthony has all the classic signs of a girl who has been sexually abused, in fact she is a textbook case.[/QUOTE\\

It would help if she were not a pathological liar. No-one should rely on anything this girl says, particularly about sexual abuse. She seems more the controller of that household than the victim.

I have followed true crime enough to know that ALL bad people disassociate and compartmentalize. That is how cheating spouses can come home from raunchy trysts look their betrayed partner in the eye and say," I love you" with genuine sincerity. It's how sweet 50ish bookkeepers can embezzle, juggle the books and help your wife plan your 40th birthday party, it is how Bernie Madoff could hang out with, charm and even love the people he cheated.

Abuse isn't the only reason for disassociation, some people are THAT selfish.

I have been thinking about this since 5:00pm... and the more I think about it, the defense is basically saying that George framed Casey. IF it were an accident, why would George frame Casey? It makes no sense! None at all!

First of all, George is a lot of things... but he loved Caylee and it was very evident by the photographs and videos of Caylee with JoJo. They basically alluded to George wanting to cover it up because it would kill Cindy.... again, it does not make sense. Why would they go this far to cover up an accident? Parents/grandparents of missing children/grandchildren have always stated the worst part of their loved ones being missing is that there are no answers and the "knowing" that your loved one could be out there suffering, God knows what, is the worst part. Claiming Caylee kidnapped would hurt Cindy a heck of a lot more than Caylee dying in an accident.

Now, I have to know this... how is a jury supposed to believe that Caylee died of an accident when the story surrounding this accident is nothing but lies upon lies upon lies... AGAIN?? There is nothing reasonable about George covering up an accident. The pool ladder incident happened on June 17th, 2008 and Jose has already stated that Caylee was deceased by then. Now what?

I can not believe they didn't simply say Caylee died of an accidental drowning and that Casey was scared to tell anyone and left it at that. Trying to paint an extremely hard to believe story was the silliest thing they could have possibly done. No Casey doesn't have to prove anything... according to the law. It doesn't give her a right to sling around these wild accusations about not only her family, but innocent people.

I would really like to know if Lee really admitted to the FBI that he sexually molested Casey? He made it seem like Lee admitted to it early on in his opening statement, but then backed off and said "Lee didn't deny it." That is a big difference between admitting to it.

Can the jury request a transcript of the opening statement, or because it is not evidence, it should not weigh into them making their decision? I really hope the jury seen exactly what that was and it was NOT evidence of ANYTHING.

I am just disgusted!!

Good questions but if you understood the mentality of one who has been sexually abused and how they react in certain situations, how they have been raised to live a lie and put on a happy face to the everyone outside their home/family life and compartmentalize/dissociate everything bad that happens to them then I think you would be able to answer most of these questions yourself.

What shocks me the most is that so many people here on websleuths who spend so much time following true crime are unable to see that Casey Anthony has all the classic signs of a girl who has been sexually abused, in fact she is a textbook case.

I was sexually abused by a relative growing up and I would NEVER leave my child alone with that person. Not for even a minute. Sexual abuse is one of the hardest things to tell someone. KC seemed to have no problem telling that to JG, TL and even to Robin in jail. Since she is able to share this dark secret with people, some she had just met, you would think she would have the same courage to tell those people that her daughter drowned. Nope, instead she sat in jail for 3 years?? Protecting her abuser? Yeah, right.

What shocks me is people actually believe this BS JB is spinning. Perhaps, I am not a textbook case, but I don't see any "classic signs" of sexual abuse in KC when it comes to how she handled her beloved daughters death and the lengths she went to create a fictional Nanny.

I have NO doubt Casey killed Caylee. None. After today, I'm more convinced than ever.

If Caylee had died in the swimming pool, the child would have been respectfully and legally buried after a proper funeral. She would have never had the ride in the trunk or spent six months in the woods. Her death would have been reported to authorities and an autopsy would have proven she died by drowning.

Watching Casey's face and her continuous head shaking only convinced me she is only about Casey and had no remorse regarding Caylee, and there's no love lost. She'll sacrifice anyone to save her sorry self. Why would Casey spend three years in jail if it was an accident??? I can't see Casey put herself out for anyone. Why not just tell the truth, let them find the body sooner, and have an autopsy confirm it was an accidental drowning? No, Casey would have been screaming the truth from Day One.

Jose was all over the place. How could both George and Mr. Kronk both be involved? What Jose did to those men to benefit Casey was beyond despicable. That man should be disbarred. What kind of justice system allows such trash? If this is how our justice system works, tearing down innocent people just to get the guilty off free and clear, well, I don't think it's moral. Jose should be made to pay for what he's done to the characters and reputations of those men.

Casey: "They haven't even found her clothes yet."

If what the defense presented in the opening statement is all they've got going for them, she's toast.

You know, if JB had stuck with just the sexual abuse and accident theory, he might have had reasonable doubt. While he was speaking, it occurred to me that YES, there is something terribly wrong with this girl. All the things we have said about Casey were brought up - the lying when she doesn't need to lie, the lying when she knows she will be caught, etc.

I wouldn't have believed it still, because once she was in jail she was safe to tell whomever and get away from them. I don't believe that even the most abused person would be willing to go to death row over an accident I don't believe a loving mother would allow her abuser to babysit her daughter. I don't believe the palsy-walsy stuff between her and George was an act. But the "hey beautiful!" and the comments about her weight and the weird family dynamic really might have planted a seed of doubt for some people.

However, JB totally lost me with the Kronk story. He should have just left that out. He could have said that George took Caylee's body and Casey never saw her again. Why did he have to drag RK into it? It makes NO SENSE!!! I think he got stuck on the idea of RK, and couldn't let it go even when they came up with a better story. I think RK pissed him off and he couldn't let go of it.

JB reminds me of a lot of preachers. They tell a good story, but they don't know when to wrap it up. About the time they should be closing, they go off on some tangent and lose the whole congregation, so that you don't even remember the good part.

Bold mine

Kronk imo is more spaghetti .......... insurance if you like. Baez needs to explain the duct tape over Caylee's mouth. This is where the alledged "morally corrupt" Mr Kronk comes in. Baez is not only trying to sell the jury this huge lemon about Kronk happening on Caylee's remains, but that he stored them then planted them near the Anthony home and staged the tape George :crazy: supposedly used to secure the bags around Caylee's detached mandible.
Ridiculous?, preposterous?, illogical, friggin nuts....yeh :truce: and I can hardly believe Im typing this but seemed to me this is where Baez was going . Baez preferably wants to blame a non Anthony for being so disrespectful to this child's dead body.:waitasec:

And I think he could just have signed his client's death warrant. :loser:

I always told DH that I expected Baez to use the "pasta" defense for Casey: Throw "stuff" out there to see what might stick. I'm reminded of this exchange between Oscar and Felix in "The Odd Couple":

Oscar Madison: Now kindly remove that spaghetti from my poker table.

[Felix laughs]

Oscar Madison: The hell's so funny?

Felix Ungar: It's not spaghetti, it's linguini.

[Oscar picks up the linguini and hurls it against the kitchen wall]

Oscar Madison: Now it's garbage.

Furthermore, although I hate to say this, I also felt that a couple of George's replies to Baez were foolishly and brazenly evasive and ended up supporting B's theory that ICA is the emotionally scarred result of the Anthonys Living a Bizarre Life of Lies and Denial. For example, there is no way in h*ll that GA didn't demand to know who the father of ICA's baby was within minutes of finding out ICA was pregnant.

If both Cindy and Casey told him together, they might have already come up with the name of the dead man so there was no point in asking. I doubt she even knows who the father is. She IS quite the party girl.

IMO The state having George as the first witness was sheer genius.After today kc just showed her true colors and now she will get the Dp.

I always told DH that I expected Baez to use the "pasta" defense for Casey: Throw "stuff" out there to see what might stick. I'm reminded of this exchange between Oscar and Felix in "The Odd Couple":

Oscar Madison: Now kindly remove that spaghetti from my poker table.

[Felix laughs]

Oscar Madison: The hell's so funny?

Felix Ungar: It's not spaghetti, it's linguini.

[Oscar picks up the linguini and hurls it against the kitchen wall]

Oscar Madison: Now it's garbage.

I love that scene. I was working in a movie theatre when that movie first came out, and even though I liked and enjoyed seeing the whole movie over and over, the linguini scene was my favorite. :floorlaugh:

Jose certainly did throw all sorts of linguini at the wall today, plus spaghetti, noodles, seashells, ditali, and lasagna. It was such a mishmash of trash, I can't believe anyone could think it made any sense. :banghead:

How unethical is it for an attorney to know the "truth" about a death, yet, allow his client to rot in jail for nearly three years so he could have HIS day in court? How many times did Jose claim to Judge Strickland that he had proof what happened to Caylee and he would provide it but never did? Would a reputable attorney withhold evidence just so he could be a hero by getting his client acquitted when all he had to do years ago was show the judge proof of what really happened and the judge would have dismissed the case against his client???

Why, Jose? Why?

This is why a lot of females dont come forward with sexual abuse accusations, nobody believes them. Preverts love it when people ridicule the sexually abused, it helps them get away with it and keep on abusing more and more children.

The majority of the responses on this forum only confirm to someone like Casey that had she told the truth from the very beginning nobody would have believed her anyway.

KC does not know the meaning of the truth. As shown by her many years of lying about having a job, a nanny, money in the bank, getting her parents house, etc. Why would anyone believe her now?

False allegations are another reason victims of SA are not always believed. Just saying...

It bothers me that ICA is allowed to react by shaking her head no when facts are being stated that have already been backed up with fact. HHJP said he was not going to tolerate any reactions in court. What about her?:banghead:

Plus she would NOD at most of the things her own lawyer asserted. To me it seemed like she WAS testifying, but she didn't have to be crossed on it. I hope the Judge makes a point of telling her to knock it off (not in front of the jury, of course).

Since when does this forum not take sexual abuse accusations seriously? Ony when its Casey Anthony making the accusations. I dont know about some of you but when a female says her father and/or brother sexually abused her I tend to take that seriously until shown otherwise.

I take it seroiusly too, until shown that the person making the claims is the same person that attempted to throw innocent people under the bus for the murder of her child. Including JG and ZG. Unfortunately, with KC we have already proven her word can not be taking seriously. Thank goodness or we would still be looking for a fictional Nanny and walking around universal looking for her office.

Knowing what I know from what has been released, I am more convinced, nearly completely convinced this was a 1st degree murder after listening to the defense today.

To destroy the only family she has left gives me more insight into the kind of person it would take to do what she has done. I have always held out hope it was an accident...but not after what I witnessed from her and her team today.

I have confidence the SA will present this case well enough for the jury to see the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehcloser

Unresolved murderous issues of their own child? I know plenty of women who've been abused and the contrary seems to be the norm-- they are more careful with their girl children. jmo

eta: Oh, and they don't invite their abuser to watch them give birth. ( snipped)

thank you thank you ...AMen Amen Amen ~~~~Casey we will listen... but your still goin to DR hopefully with an IV.

<mod snip> Baez does not yet understand the irony coming his way, because as soon as KC is found guilty, the sexual assault claims will be going his way. All that time in his office, 6 to 8 hours EACH DAY. Ah indeed, the irony is rich.

I was willing to approach this case with an open mind, but in one day JB slammed the door shut.
I will indeed be pleased when the saga of Casey Anthony comes to an end.

What shocks me the most is that so many people here on websleuths who spend so much time following true crime are unable to see that Casey Anthony has all the classic signs of a girl who has been sexually abused, in fact she is a textbook case.

She is NOT a textbook case at all. There are quite a few people here who were abused as children. WE are the textbook cases. WE are interested in these sad cases because we want to stop the cycle.
WE have not abused or harmed our kids, or stolen from our grandparents. That is not what every victim of abuse automatically does.
MANY and probably most of us acted out as teens and had issues to deal with. But it does not make us all sociopaths.

Casey might have been abused at some point by someone in her life. But her story about George molesting her since age 8, forcing oral sex on her @ 13, 'before school' in the morning..I CALL BS on that narrative. That was manufactured by Baez.

Just a couple of months ago she wrote a heartfelt letter to her BFF, saying she thinks she might remember her dad coming into her room at night, but she is not sure if it is a dream or not. AND NOW<SUDDENLY< He is a full blown pedophile freak. BULL.

This is why a lot of females dont come forward with sexual abuse accusations, nobody believes them. Preverts love it when people ridicule the sexually abused, it helps them get away with it and keep on abusing more and more children.

The majority of the responses on this forum only confirm to someone like Casey that had she told the truth from the very beginning nobody would have believed her anyway.

If she had told even a shred of truth from the very beginning, we would be much more inclined to believe her NOW. But she didn't; she lied and lied and lied and lied and lied. Her MOUNTAIN of lies and the hiding of the fact that her daughter was dead is why her case is so fascinating and why very few people believe anything she has to say about ANYTHING. She didn't just lie about the circumstances of her daughter's disappearance. She lied about EVERYTHING. Her entire LIFE consisted of lying, thieving and deceiving. Her chutzpah in the face of all the lies, deception and utter disregard for anyone but herself that permeates every aspect of her life is incomprehensible to the average person. If 99% of what a person says is a lie, how do we know which 1% to believe?

She and her lawyers know that sexual abuse is about the worst thing that can happen to a child and that it is an automatic hot-button issue; I think they are using the revulsion that most people feel about it to try to deceive the jury and tug at their heartstrings so they accept her deceptions after the death. They are hoping that the jury does not recommend death at worst or acquit her at best, even though her questionable sexual abuse had nothing whatsoever to do with Caylee's death.

Someone as morally bankrupt as Casey Anthony should not be let loose in society to cut a wide swathe as she goes along, leaving nothing but wreckage in her wake.

I still believe as strongly as ever. There are too many questions with no answers and it just doesn't add up. No one sits in jail for 2 1/2 years in protective custody away from friends and family for a crime they didn't commit. The Defense tactics are shameful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0
Back