Has The Defense Changed Your Mind About ICA's Guilt?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has the defense changed your mind about ICA's guilt?

• Yes

Votes: 43 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 408 56.6%
  • Waste. Huge waste.

Votes: 270 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The defense almost had me doubting her guilt until they added in the nonsense about Roy Kronk moved the body and George was there when she drowned and Cindy moved the ladder. Everyone but Casey is to blame. Now I am more convinced that she is guilty. I can believe she was abused and never told anyone, and I can believe that she was afraid to tell if Caylee drowned, but they went too far with their crazy story and added in way too much detail which makes it sound untrue.

I am more convinced than ever that she is as guilty as sin.
Sick girl, no way to rehabilitate her, but guilty as sin.

I now have no doubt whatsoever that she deserves the death penalty. :maddening:

JB is coming across as extremely untrustworthy, and also flippant and sarcastic about the terrible death of an innocent little girl. I have never seen him appear so smarmy and unscrupulous and immature. KC is also coming across very badly. They are like characters from a cancelled soap opera. The calm, grave dignity of the SA stands in stark relief.

Yes, the defense changed my mind. I had not ruled out that Caylee could have drowned in the pool until I heard JB say it. Now I don't believe it. The story that was presented was a poor attempt IMO at some abstract reasonable doubt concept, and it was kind of insulting to common intelligence IMO.

I don't know if anyone else has brought it up yet - but if you are wavering and might feel the DT team's opening statement holds any water, go back and watch the jailhouse visit videos. It sure helped me... ICA is not afraid of either of her parents IMO.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh....websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088

When George questions Casey in the video's you can certainly tell the whole theory of the defense is carp. Casey's own words are going to kill her..especially considering that at the time of the first visit, they did not know that this would eventually be released.

I hope people realize that the DT has just reached the highlight of their case, lies and innuendo is all they had, one shot jocks and hope it's enough to save her from the DP.

While the SA is slowly building their case the DT are starting from the top and it's all downhill from now.

I want to touch on something that hasn't been brought up ,yet.

Many posters on this forum have lost a child .Perhaps they will chime in.

When you lose a child suddenly,unexpectedly (my only frame of reference) the grief is not just emotional. There is a physical reaction . I was unable to control shaking for days. For more than a month I had periods of breath holding followed by a sighs.I don't know how else to describe the odd breathing,but I was not in control of it. My thought processing was slow. It was difficult to remember things. I couldn't eat or sleep for weeks. I wanted to .Sweet oblivion for awhile,but I couldn't.
It does not matter if ICA grew up hiding her feelings.There is NO WAY.She could find her beloved daughter dead ,in the morning,and act naturally by that evening. Just not physically possible ,IMO.

JB is coming across as extremely untrustworthy, and also flippant and sarcastic about the terrible death of an innocent little girl. I have never seen him appear so smarmy and unscrupulous and immature. KC is also coming across very badly. They are like characters from a cancelled soap opera. The calm, grave dignity of the SA stands in stark relief.

You touched on something I noticed but couldn't define. It's almost as if JB is angry or inconvenienced that he has to be trying this case. Very sarcastic and simply impatient.

That didn't bother me at all. He is an embarrassment to the legal community. He was not prepared and was all over the courtroom with his theories. I have watched him for 3 yrs now and after his opening statement yesterday I think he just needs to retire his law license. KC is entitled to a competent atty and he's not it.

I felt like I was watching an audition for Perry Mason.

I have tried to avoid coverage. Yes I have heard sound bites and have questions. But have tried hard to wait for the court to see the evidence and not speculation on tv.

The defense blew me away. Not just the claims but how they linked it together. Yes, he told a story. But no attorney would tell that story without some way to show back up or at least have evidence to make the jury question things. Right now I have doubt. Right now I should have doubt.

Because the prosecution has to prove their case. That is the key. The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

There's a LOT of discovery that's available to view,without the slant of media.
That's what I've based my opinion on .

Not a bit, if anything, I believe the DT is showing complete ineptitude.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to any of the questions JB poses to the witnesses, and I'm left scratching my head after he's done....or is he done. OK, scratch that, withdraw that.. etc. etc.

Law 101 should have taught him about not asking leading questions. He objects to everything but doesn't have a reason for the objections. I don't think I've ever heard overruled so many times in a trial, and it's only Day 2.

JB reminds me of an octopus throwing up ink to cloud up facts, to get the jurors minds thinking of something else and generally baffle everyone. The patience required of everyone involved in such a long case could easily be tried and lost already by his mannerisms.

That didn't bother me at all. He is an embarrassment to the legal community. He was not prepared and was all over the courtroom with his theories. I have watched him for 3 yrs now and after his opening statement yesterday I think he just needs to retire his law license. KC is entitled to a competent atty and he's not it.

I felt like I was watching an audition for Perry Mason.

Great post and I totally agree with you. Pathetic at best.

Regarding Casey's reaction to George's testimony, I saw that she was angry because this was her last chance. George gave his word he would do anything to save his daughters life when Jose Baez asked him and he did not go along with the story. "All they are worried about is getting Caylee back." Casey probably felt like George chose Caylee over her in that moment and I also believe he did. Can you blame him?

That reaction of anger (some referred to it as something inside breaking) from Casey when George answered no to molesting Casey, no to being there when Caylee died and no to taping his grand daughters face was Casey killing her father (in her mind). She is all alone and facing the music. No more lies, no more kissing her butt and enabling her to keep the peace. She killed her only leverage with her parents, Caylee.

It didn't change my mind about her guilt, but I do think it raised "reasonable dooubt". I must admit I am looking forward to hearing JB explain how Roy Kronk managed to take Caylee's body and keep it for awhile. I'm also looking forward to KC being on the witness stand. I hope the jury can see through her lies.

When JB asked GA if he had ever sexually molested his daughter, he denied it. Really, would we expect him to admit to it, even under oath, even if it were TRUE? Anyway, that's beside the point. When GA stonyface denied it, something instantly broke in KC. I mean BROKE. I swear to you, and yes I'm definately prone to over-exagerations, BUT . . . I swear I watched her soul tear. In that very second . . . . I felt in my heart that it was true.

I always marvel at how things look different to different people... I can appreciate what you saw. What I saw was someone realizing that she had admitted her whole story had been a lie and that she couldn't go back now...

I've tried to play devils advocate from the minute I started following the case....much to the annoyance of other members (LOL) But these opening statements were way too much.

I've always attempted to view the evidence through a jurors eyes, with all the legal restrictions, and without the propaganda..... But this was far worse than the media speculation we've heard over nearly 3 years.

JB says there was too much speculation, then actually tells the jury they need to speculate on certain things. WTH?

JB impressed me with his ability to get through the opening statements with purpose and conviction (though it did waver at times), and without the usual uhms and ah's every few seconds. It made him appear confident and maybe even experienced <shudder>.
He brought up a lot of the little holes/questions I thought should be addressed, and if he had focused solely on those issues I would feel differently.

But I was floored that he really did go for the spaghetti defense that we've all joked about.

Talk about desperation! The whole defense is a mirror image of the very behaviour that made so many people question ICA. Too many different stories. No personal responsibility.Deny, blame, deflect..talk in circles, make excuses and still nothing adds up.

So I have to answer a very firm YES to the OP's question.
The defense has managed to change my mind about ICA's guilt. I have gone from being as neutral as possible to now being 100% convinced that ICA murdered Caylee.
And that's just from the DT's opening statements!!! Nice work JB :clap:

>>>>>>>>>>> crickets <<<<<<<<<<<

:)

laughmouth.gif

I've tried to play devils advocate from the minute I started following the case....much to the annoyance of other members (LOL) But these opening statements were way too much.

I've always attempted to view the evidence through a jurors eyes, with all the legal restrictions, and without the propaganda..... But this was far worse than the media speculation we've heard over nearly 3 years.

JB says there was too much speculation, then actually tells the jury they need to speculate on certain things. WTH?

JB impressed me with his ability to get through the opening statements with purpose and conviction (though it did waver at times), and without the usual uhms and ah's every few seconds. It made him appear confident and maybe even experienced <shudder>.
He brought up a lot of the little holes/questions I thought should be addressed, and if he had focused solely on those issues I would feel differently.

But I was floored that he really did go for the spaghetti defense that we've all joked about.

Talk about desperation! The whole defense is a mirror image of the very behaviour that made so many people question ICA. Too many different stories. No personal responsibility.Deny, blame, deflect..talk in circles, make excuses and still nothing adds up.

The defense has managed to change my mind about ICA's guilt. I have gone from being as neutral as possible to now being 100% convinced that ICA murdered Caylee.

Wow.. and you are the most open minded person I have "met" here at WS. That really says SO much about JoseB's failure as a defense attorney! I'm glad you shared this.

:highfive: Butwhatif?
I admit there were times we were :slap:
Some days were more like :slapfight: At times I wanted to:trout:
But tonight I want to :hug: This is your best post ever !!!! :D
I hope we can still :pillowfight2: just for fun :crazy:

The Defence has not changed my mind about KC's guilt at all - they have only firmed up my belief that she is guilty. BUT....They have created some difficulties for the State. The Anthony parents are beyond bizarre and without question had an impact on KC and her actions. And this information will inevitably come out. After all, we've all been agast by their behaviors from "day 1", haven't we? The Defence has stated this as a mitigating factor for KC's actions (re. her alledged cover up of the drowning). So, the State is now forced to walk a balance beam - trying to show that KC murdered her daughter as well as trying to give logic to her parent's VERY strange behaviors in a manner that precludes their (primarily GA's) possible involvement. Not a simple thing to do! In fact, despite the fact that many of us have come to the conclusion that KC is guilty, a lot of our discussions here over the past three years have in fact honed in on the utter strangeness and dysfunction of the entire nuclear family.

Just trying to think this all through....

moo

BJB, JWG - Where are you guys?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member