Heart Shaped Sticker And Duct Tape #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been through the whole thread yet, so i apologize if this has already been mentioned.
But in the evidence taken from the Anthony home they showed a scrapbooking binder by Crop in style PSB.
Heres the evidence pic....
fbievidence.png

And heres a pic of one from the store, The left side looks like it has the raised, puffy stickers just like what was found on the tape.

enlargedbinder-1.jpg

LE took a "Scrap book type page in plastic sleeve" as evidence. (p 3510)
Possibly the one photographed below.
I think they are comparing that type of page with the "Bubble Heart Sticker" found on a remnant of cardboard at the remains site. (p3500)

I think we should be looking for a similar page in use in all the old Anthony photos and videos available. Hopefully the exact page that the cardboard remnant with Heart came from? (Bit of a long shot).

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

LE took a "Scrap book type page in plastic sleeve" as evidence. (p 3510)
Possibly the one photographed below.
I think they are comparing that type of page with the "Bubble Heart Sticker" found on a remnant of cardboard at the remains site. (p3500)

I think we should be looking for a similar page in use in all the old Anthony photos and videos available. Hopefully the exact page that the cardboard remnant with Heart came from? (Bit of a long shot).

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Excellent food for thought, Hercule.

Obviously the hearts are not the same...but possibly the backing material (matting) is the same. I noted too that they took a page but not a book. If they took a book I would be inclined to believe they did so because a page were missing.

Obvious question: has anyone looked at online scrapping stores to see if the puffy sticker matches any of the sheets of stickers at the A home. I mean, if we saw a complete sheet, we could compare it to what's been found at home and see if one of the hearts is like the one found at the crime scene. I'm gonna look.

Excellent food for thought, Hercule.

Obviously the hearts are not the same...but possibly the backing material (matting) is the same. I noted too that they took a page but not a book. If they took a book I would be inclined to believe they did so because a page were missing.

Question?

Could the 'found' heart be more puffy than original due to water/sediment retention after 6 months in changing weather? ( i.e. could moisture/foreign substances become trapped between the sticker backing and the out layer of the sticker?)

Are outer dimensions more significant than 'depth' of sticker after exposure?

Well, I looked at Hallmark, American Greetings, two online scrapbooking stores and ebay for sticker sheets. I couldn't find a single heart sticker sheet that looked like the ones from the crimescene. I wish them luck in matching the particular hearts they did find to any sheet they might find in the A home, but I don't think they will find a matched set there.

The puffy stickers I found (see previous post) are the "Stickopotamus" brand, which is very common. I know that Michael's, JoAnns and Walgreens all carry them here. I'm sure many other places do also. Here is a link to the image:
https://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=PGEM5/505.2

I found the prism looking hearts online as well, but I didn't bookmark it and I don't have time to look for it again right now.

The second sticker is the one we have seen in the photographs. It is attached to a piece of "cardboard" or "matting". Note that a picture frame was recovered at the scene as well, so it is possible the heart was on a photograph matte.

Is there a picture of the picture frame recovered on scene? If so, can someone provide a link, please? I can't seem to find it.

TIA

Bolded by me

The "Warrant" narrative in the previous dump regarding the sticker does NOT say matched, it says "similar in size" Quite a difference really?

The previous doc dump, describes "silver duct tape over the mouth area". Then later: "noticed residue in perfect shape of a heart". No mention of WHERE along the length of the duct tape the sticker was.

See p3168

Does go on to say "investigators located (at remains site) a small heart shaped sticker similar in size to the residue found on the duct tape"

The assumption was that they found the very sticker that had fallen off the duct tape, and maybe they did, but you can also interpret that as describing the DIFFERENT sticker that we all saw in the photo of today. I do not believe the sticker in today's photo fell off one place, and firmly attached itself to the "cardboard" or whatever that is in the photo.
If the sticker in today's photo was just sitting on cardboard, having fallen off the duct tape, I am sure LE would have collected and inspected it to match with the duct tape residue?
Things are being taken so far to the literal sense that seeing the forest for the trees becomes the challenge of what is written in the reports. They do not always clarify in detail when they are writing those long drawn out reports or SWs. Again, reading between the lines is neccessary. People need to look beyond what is actually being written in some reports. The facts are still there, but you are not going to get the clarification you desire until trial.

I don't have to wait until it is proven in a court of law as I am allowed my own opinions on what they write. My opinion is the exact location of the sticker was on her mouth and the sticker they found is a "match" to the size plus the shape of the adhesive. This is what caught their attention and caused them to look for the sticker in order to find it then led to the house for further confirmation. So "similar in size" is the wording they chose to use instead of "matching in size"...does it really matter in the overall picture or is picking at it a better idea?!

Things are being taken so far to the literal sense that seeing the forest for the trees becomes the challenge of what is written in the reports. They do not always clarify in detail when they are writing those long drawn out reports or SWs. Again, reading between the lines is neccessary. People need to look beyond what is actually being written in some reports. The facts are still there, but you are not going to get the clarification you desire until trial.

I don't have to wait until it is proven in a court of law as I am allowed my own opinions on what they write. My opinion is the exact location of the sticker was on her mouth and the sticker they found is a "match" to the size plus the shape of the adhesive. This is what caught their attention and caused them to look for the sticker in order to find it then led to the house for further confirmation. So "similar in size" is the wording they chose to use instead of "matching in size"...does it really matter in the overall picture or is picking at it a better idea?!

I would have agreed with you until this doc dump. But it is pretty apparent that the sticker they found was already stuck to something (the cardboard) and therefore was not stuck to the duct tape. And I respectfully disagree that LE could have found the other sticker at the scene and could "hold back" that information. We went through the disclosure and Sunshine Law requirements in painful detail on another thread a while back, but suffice it to say if they found the "right" sticker they could not hide that information.

I'm confused. Is the evidence we've seen suggesting there could have been more than one heart sticker placed on the body? And just one was recovered, after having been out in the weather and under water all that time?

I posted this in another thread, but since this thread is specifically for the heart sticker information, I thought I would copy it here as well.

Original post:

Ok....I threw this together in a few minutes to get an idea for myself if the hearts would match up. I made the sticker a *tad* bit smaller than the opening so that I could see the outline of the sticker as well as the cut lines on the sheet of paper. To me, they match up. Keep in mind, I didn't spend a lot of time making each cutout perfect...I just wanted a rough idea. To get this (just FYI), I had to "flip" the sticker image since the sticker is face up and the sheet is face down. Does that make sense? Probably not...it's still early and my little one is home sick today (thankfully resting on the sofa so I could do this quickly).

I just wanted to add that I *know* they don't match perfectly...that is a result of my sloppy, quickly-done cutting...not a result of the sticker and sheet. I think if I took the time to cut the opening out perfectly they would match up. I just don't have time right now.

Attachments

• heart_layered.jpg
    heart_layered.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 77
Good idea to repost that! I do think they match. Here's my post from the same thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs5298
Looking at the edges, it looks like the cut out on the far left. I wish they would have flipped it over and took a pic so we could see if it was one of those raised hearts like was found with the body.

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18740442/detail.html

PIC #51

not raised, but definitely the same as the cutout heart.

And I think it should be noted that the cutout is a cutout of a sticker backing with just the outline from where the sticker was removed. It is, therefore, not stuck to the envelope in the picture--because the backing is still attached.

The envelope is from September 2005 based on the stamp being 37 cents (changed to 39 cents Jan 2006), the postage meter stamp saying Sep., and the envelope being addressed to Caylee (so it had to be after 8/9/05).

My guess is the fancy cut-out sticker backing was just sitting ON TOP of the envelope in a collection of "Caylee memorabilia." Now, why would you keep the backing of a sticker you had used, and cut it out all fancy, and put it in a box of special stuff relating to your child?? Maybe if you had used the sticker itself in some way connected with your child but the sticker itself was not somewhere that you could see it any more? Perhaps if you left the sticker in the woods on a piece of duct tape?

I would have agreed with you until this doc dump. But it is pretty apparent that the sticker they found was already stuck to something (the cardboard) and therefore was not stuck to the duct tape. And I respectfully disagree that LE could have found the other sticker at the scene and could "hold back" that information. We went through the disclosure and Sunshine Law requirements in painful detail on another thread a while back, but suffice it to say if they found the "right" sticker they could not hide that information.
If the FBI still has it in their possession, we are not privy to that information under the SL. It is not hiding anything as it was made clear in court by the SA's office and the Judge. There are things we are not seeing in these reports...so how do explain their absence?

I really think marellano has found the exact puffy sticker--Stickopotamus brand. I put the one found at the scene and the one marellano found next to each other for comparison:

twohearts.JPG

Keep in mind the one at the scene was probably under water and exposed to the elements for months.

What I'm asking is if they have found a sheet of stickers at the A house that would be the place of original for the sticker on the photo frame at the crimescene. In all those photos of the scrapbooking stuff, I didn't see a sheet of stickers that matched it.

If not, what about what the Nat' Enq. said about GA recognizing the sticker, could he have seen that sticker on the card sent to caylee?

I posted this in another thread, but since this thread is specifically for the heart sticker information, I thought I would copy it here as well.

Original post:

Ok....I threw this together in a few minutes to get an idea for myself if the hearts would match up. I made the sticker a *tad* bit smaller than the opening so that I could see the outline of the sticker as well as the cut lines on the sheet of paper. To me, they match up. Keep in mind, I didn't spend a lot of time making each cutout perfect...I just wanted a rough idea. To get this (just FYI), I had to "flip" the sticker image since the sticker is face up and the sheet is face down. Does that make sense? Probably not...it's still early and my little one is home sick today (thankfully resting on the sofa so I could do this quickly).

I just wanted to add that I *know* they don't match perfectly...that is a result of my sloppy, quickly-done cutting...not a result of the sticker and sheet. I think if I took the time to cut the opening out perfectly they would match up. I just don't have time right now.

Excuse my long-winded post. Yes, the cutout of the heart backing definitely appears to be a match for the position that it originally came from on the sticker backing sheet. But both are only sticker backings. Are you saying that the actual sticker that would match that outline (would be a perfect fit) is the same sticker that left the residue on the duct tape around the mouth?

And if so, why haven't we seen that sticker? IMO, none of the stickers left on sheets found in KCs possession is an exact match for the sticker found adhered to the cardboard matte.

I think there are at least 2 heart stickers here:
1. (HASN'T BEEN RELEASED BY LE YET, IMO) The one that would be a perfect fit into the sticker backing you demonstrated, which could also be the one that was a match to the residue on the duct tape, and
2. The puffy, 3d tri-color one found adhered to the cardboard matting, listed as found near the remains at the scene --the same one we have seen in the photos.

Do you agree?

I really think marellano has found the exact puffy sticker--Stickopotamus brand. I put the one found at the scene and the one marellano found next to each other for comparison:

twohearts.JPG

Keep in mind the one at the scene was probably under water and exposed to the elements for months.

I think the 2 hearts in your post could be a match (if I stare really, really hard, I think I might see 6 slight color variations in the one found at the scene, instead of only 3 like I originally thought).

BUT....BUT.....BUT. I do NOT think that this is the match for the one found on the duct tape around Caylee's mouth. I think LE found another sticker at the dump scene (one NOT attached to cardboard matting). And I think that one matched the residue on the duct tape.

If that's the case, I'd sure be curious to know if that 2nd sticker is a match for the sticker backing Marellano experimented with (and was found in KC's things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe