DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey is charged with ACCORDING to the Grand Jury Indictment

Capital first degree murder
Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter
4 counts of providing false information to LE

As much as I depsise Casey at this moment...and it is very much...I have to agree that reality is we do not know the reasoning behind the sticker it could be due to regret/guilt or it could have been done in spite. We just don't know at this point....may never.

The Duct tape will be far more important for the prosectuion, as you do not accidently duct tape a child. Not to mention the mounds of other evidence, IMO we have yet to see the "real goods" in this case...there is much more to come and IMO I believe the state has what they need for Murder One, but as this point that is all it is just an opinion.

Crap! I lost my post!!!! I *hate* when that happens!!! I'll try again....

There will be enough to prove this as a case of premeditated murder. The duct tape, laundry bag, and even the blanket the child was wrapped in will be enough to convict this . If any doubts, review the DP convicted SP case. Only difference is, he's a "guy". Like that matters, really...

There may not be proof as of cause of death, but the manner in which this child's body was found will be enough to show homicide. FWIW, imho, for whoever shared a thought somewhere in this thread that the evidence will point to the grandparents...pul-eeze. They may not win some medal for "Parents of the Year", but they loved their granddaughter. They had absolutely nothing to do with this murder.

Back into thread reader mode...

Hearts and Winnie the Pooh do not represent malice.

HTH
Nor do they represent the absence of malice. At best it's a wash. I don't see how this evidence will crush the the prosecution's case, especially if said heart was applied to a piece of duct tape that was applied to the child's mouth. Hardly the gesture of a loving mother.

Exactly - why put duct tape on a dead person? Duct tape over the mouth proves she was tortured while alive - tortured because the tape was used to silence her cries or screams - everyone please take some duct tape and place it over your mouth - try to breathe - now imagine being a little girl crying with the tape so tightly fixed that it is stuck to your hair and remains stuck to your hair and face even after your body turns to bones. The sticker was an added evil act that makes it all the more horrid.

The news of the heart shaped sticker just sickens me. It makes me think of the butterfly on the mouth in the "Silence of the Lambs" movie poster. Hannibal Lector would be proud.

No. Homicide is not synomous with murder. Not all killings are unlawful.

HTH

Unless the state kills your azz by way of the death penalty, I can't think of any other way to kill somebody that is not unlawful.

The news of the heart shaped sticker just sickens me. It makes me think of the butterfly on the mouth in the "Silence of the Lambs" movie poster. Hannibal Lector would be proud.

Yes - me too.

And what about that pic of the woods - did it have the heart too - do you know the one I mean?

I'm off to look.

I know the photo you mean. It says LOVE somewhere on the picture, right? I remember lightening it up once and it looked like it was a really pretty place, not the horrid area where Caylee was dumped.

The thing I did notice about the woods photo... at first I thought the legs in the photo were too short or squat to be Casey's. Do you remember how the person was standing pigeon toed in that photo (toes pointed to center)? I found a photo of KC in the backyard with GA and Caylee last Easter. She is standing in the yard videotaping and she is standing obviously pigeon toed, just like the woods photo pose. How this helps, us, I dunno, because we were never able to figure out where the LOVE photo was taken. We didn't even know if it was a picture of KC or one she snagged from the net. :confused:

Hearts and Winnie the Pooh do not represent malice.

HTH

It took me a good 15 minutes to settle my stomach after reading this discovery. Duct tape and stickers over the mouth, applied before or after death, to me = sadism.

Wudge, while I appreciate your knowledge of the legal system, specifically trials, you cannot remove the human element from jurors. This is why SP was found guilty, and why OJ was found innocent.

Agreed, this evidence, standing alone, does not show premeditation, but we need to see it in context with all other findings before we can come to a learned conclusion.

I think it could be a fatal blow to the defence. They are going to have to come up with some theory as to what took place if they stand any chance of finding that one juror with reasonable doubt. In this horrendous case, they cannot rely on just picking forensics apart. It just isn't gonna fly.