Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very sad...the sticker on the duct tape. That is not love, maybe just an attempt to feel less guilty?

This is off topic, but in response to the charges talk...First Degree Murder can be either premeditated or felony murder. I might have missed it, but I don't recall them saying which it is at this point. Have they? Anyhow, there is more information at the following links:

http://www.not-guilty.net/practice-areas/murder.html

http://www.jeffreyfeiler.com/murder.html

Edit: This is from the last link:

To prove first degree premeditated murder the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the victim is dead, that the death was caused by the criminal act of the defendant, and that there was a premeditated killing of the victim. For purposes of the jury instructions the court defined "killing with premeditation" as killing after consciously deciding to do so. The decision must be present in the mind at the time of the killing. While the law does not set a particular amount of time that must pass between the premeditated intent to kill and the killing but enough time must pass for reflection by the defendant. The question of whether or not premeditation existed at the time of the killing is a question of fact to be determined by a jury. The jury instructions further clarify that if during the premeditated attempted murder of one person the defendant actually kills another person that killing is also to be considered as premeditated.

To prove the crime of first degree felony murder the state of Florida must prove (1) that the victim is dead; (2) that the death occurred as a consequence of and while the defendant was engaged in the commission of a crime, or that the death occurred as a consequence of and while the defendant was attempting to commit another crime, or that the death occurred as a consequence of and while the defendant or an accomplice as escaping from the immediate scene of another crime; and (3) that the defendant was the person who actually killed the victim or that the victim was killed by a person other than the defendant but both the defendant and the person who killed the victim were principals in the commission of another time. However, under this slightly different charge it is not necessary for the state of Florida to prove that the defendant had a premeditated design or intent to kill.

The point is that against the murder one charge, hearts and Winnie the Pooh work as exculpatory evidence, not inculpatory evidence.

Unless the Winnie the Pooh is covered in evidence of the crime, such as chemicals related to chloroform or vomit from Caylee containing evidence of medication that should never have been in her system, that was used to knock her out.

Better yet if it is covered in KC's DNA and proof of whatever she did to Caylee, blood, vomit, drug residue.

Ya know, in all honesty I don't care if the judge and jury never see a single piece of this evidence, as long as they have enough to to keep KC from ever seeing the light of day, feeling the warm sun or cool breeze. As long as she never again feels the loving support of being held in her families arms, feels a lovers touch and most importantly she never again, knows the unconditional love of a little one's arms wrapped around her neck and hears that little voice say "I love you, mommy". She no longer has that right, she lost it when she joined the lot of the inhuman scum who could hurt her own baby.

I am just so sick of this beotch and her rights, who was looking out for Caylee's rights when this poor excuse for a human being was wrapping duct tape across her face? giving her medications to knock her out? leaving her little broken body in a ditch to rot?

How can KC purchase cheese poofs and treats after she deprived her little baby of the air she needs to breathe? She disgusts me.

:rose: :rose: :rose:
:rose: Rest In Peace Caylee Marie :rose:
August 2005 - June 2008
:rose: America's Beautiful Baby :rose:

The point is that against the murder one charge, hearts and Winnie the Pooh work as exculpatory evidence, not inculpatory evidence.

Unless the Winnie the Pooh is covered in evidence of the crime, such as chemicals related to chloroform or vomit from Caylee containing evidence of medication that should never have been in her system, that was used to knock her out.

Better yet if it is covered in KC's DNA and proof of whatever she did to Caylee, blood, vomit, drug residue.

Ya know, in all honesty I don't care if the judge and jury never see a single piece of this evidence, as long as they have enough to to keep KC from ever seeing the light of day, feeling the warm sun or cool breeze. As long as she never again feels the loving support of being held in her families arms, feels a lovers touch and most importantly she never again, knows the unconditional love of a little one's arms wrapped around her neck and hears that little voice say "I love you, mommy". She no longer has that right, she lost it when she joined the lot of the inhuman scum who could hurt her own baby.

I am just so sick of this beotch and her rights, who was looking out for Caylee's rights when this poor excuse for a human being was wrapping duct tape across her face? giving her medications to knock her out? leaving her little broken body in a ditch to rot?

How can KC purchase cheese poofs and treats after she deprived her little baby of the air she needs to breathe? She disgusts me.

August 2005 - June 2008

Here are images from Casey's photobucket, showing her use of heart iconography post June 16.
caseypbaccountheartstickerspostjune.jpg

Between the July 7 and July 10 uploads, Casey uploads a host of music-related icons and images, possibly to include on a social networking profile.

Before uploading the "Missing My Love" image on July 16, Casey uploaded several images of Caylee. Those images were used in subsequent "Caylee is Missing" fliers and presumably uploaded and accessed in preparation for the search for Caylee.

The heart sticker is a very alarming detail. IMO it points to a twisted romanticization of the crime, akin to Diane Downs' golden unicorn statue. Uploading heart-iconography and adorning an image of Caylee with a similar red heart, IMO, points to a sadistic and self-indulgent (psychopathic) psychological revisitation of the crime.

The heart sticker also, IMO, could lend credence to child *advertiser censored* theories espoused in this case. Wendy Murphy has espoused this theory since October: Wendy Murphy on October 5 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast (Murphy starts around 16:50 point in the broadcast). Murphy continues to espouse this theory during a December 21 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast here, around the 50 minute mark.

duct tape on mouth and in hair = child abuse

child dies while child abuse accuring, not to say that is what caused the death...but the fact that abuse was accuring at the same time...child dies during abuse crime accuring....murder

The key in this area remains that prosecutors do not claim Casey died from child abuse. Therefore, Casey is not charged with felony murder. So, she cannot be convicted on felony murder.

HTH

Hearts and Winnie the Pooh do not represent malice.

HTH

Did you explain this in another post that I missed?

I must be dense because I just don't see how you find that Hearts and a Winnie the Pooh blanket don't represent malice.

Because a killer can't wrap a victim in the first available item or because a killer can't throw out any item related to the victim in the same bag with the victim to get rid of evidence?

The heart sticker is more disturbing and I still don't see how that does not represent malice. While I see that it can be seen as a loving gesture it can just as easily be seen as the final act of a killer, like leaving a rose or a coin or any other type of momentos that killers have left with the victim at crime scenes.

Can you please explain your thinking on this?

I think the sticker was on there to convince Caylee not to be afraid of the tape that mommy was going to put on her. One thing is clear: Casey never intended for Caylee to live for very long after she put that tape on her because of the way she wrapped it, she stuck it to her hair. She had no intention of ever removing that tape from around Caylee, there would be no way to do that without scissors. That's the nail in her defense coffin for me.

It took me a good 15 minutes to settle my stomach after reading this discovery. Duct tape and stickers over the mouth, applied before or after death, to me = sadism.

Wudge, while I appreciate your knowledge of the legal system, specifically trials, you cannot remove the human element from jurors. This is why SP was found guilty, and why OJ was found innocent.

Agreed, this evidence, standing alone, does not show premeditation, but we need to see it in context with all other findings before we can come to a learned conclusion.

I think it could be a fatal blow to the defence. They are going to have to come up with some theory as to what took place if they stand any chance of finding that one juror with reasonable doubt. In this horrendous case, they cannot rely on just picking forensics apart. It just isn't gonna fly.
Ok...you all know I'm a fairly reasonable person, right? Ok...I've had some pretty crappy things happen in my life so I know what anger is. Well, I just heard a snippet on HLN about the duct tape and I raged so. It was a good thing I was in the car alone. I have never in all my life felt such anger towards someone. You have NO IDEA the kinds of torture I was envisioning for this worthless human being. I may have to rethink my diagnosis of Casey because for anyone to do what she did is beyond crazy. I apologize if I offended anyone.

August 2005 - June 2008

Our Society and Constitution value individual rights.

The duct tape shows premed IMHO. The sticker doesn't necessarily mean an accident. I think she planned to kill SOMEONE, maybe the Ants, Caylee, or all. I think the fight with CA pushed her over the edge and she was furious enough to move forward with her plans before she had them all set up.

The sticker doesn't necessarily mean there was no malice. I don't think she didn't, on some level (backwards sort of way, maybe?) love Caylee. She just knew Caylee had to die. The sticker could have been a last minute thing to do as she was looking at the horror of what she had done. A sociopath may even think that would be an appropriate thing to do.

As much as I depsise Casey at this moment...and it is very much...I have to agree that reality is we do not know the reasoning behind the sticker it could be due to regret/guilt or it could have been done in spite. We just don't know at this point....may never.

snipped

It wasn't regret.

"bella vida"

Did anyone else see where the report also mentioned "soft cloth letters"? Wonder what kind of letters they were referring to. Should I post this somewhere else?

Years ago Pooh was exlusive to Sears.

These new developments make me want to throw up.:mad:

i believe as far as national retailers go. Classic Pooh is @ Target. JCP and Sears sell the regular primary colored version. I know the bedding that is in Caylee's room was sold @ Target and is Classic Pooh. I looked online @ the JCP website and they have bedding but regular Pooh.

Here are images from Casey's photobucket, showing her use of heart iconography post June 16.
caseypbaccountheartstickerspostjune.jpg

Between the July 7 and July 10 uploads, Casey uploads a host of music-related icons and images, possibly to include on a social networking profile.

Before uploading the "Missing My Love" image on July 16, Casey uploaded several images of Caylee. Those images were used in subsequent "Caylee is Missing" fliers and presumably uploaded and accessed in preparation for the search for Caylee.

The heart sticker is a very alarming detail. IMO it points to a twisted romanticization of the crime, akin to Diane Downs' golden unicorn statue. Uploading heart-iconography and adorning an image of Caylee with a similar red heart, IMO, points to a sadistic and self-indulgent (psychopathic) psychological revisitation of the crime.

The heart sticker also, IMO, could lend credence to child *advertiser censored* theories espoused in this case. Wendy Murphy has espoused this theory since October: Wendy Murphy on October 5 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast (Murphy starts around 16:50 point in the broadcast). Murphy continues to espouse this theory during a December 21 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast here, around the 50 minute mark.

Excellent work!

SNIP

Agreed, this evidence, standing alone, does not show premeditation, but we need to see it in context with all other findings before we can come to a learned conclusion.

I think it could be a fatal blow to the defence. They are going to have to come up with some theory as to what took place if they stand any chance of finding that one juror with reasonable doubt. In this horrendous case, they cannot rely on just picking forensics apart. It just isn't gonna fly.

Not true.

The defense does not have to come up with anything. The burden is entirely on the prosecution to prove the premeditation charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

You correctly recognize that the evidence we know of does not meet the burden of proof. Thus, without doing anything, the defense would prevail.

Did anyone else see where the report also mentioned "soft cloth letters"? Wonder what kind of letters they were referring to. Should I post this somewhere else?

I saw that and my mind swirls at the possibilities of what they could have spelled out.

Didn't Dr. G concludes....cause of death = homicide? Cause of death is concluded.

We don't know how Caylee died..there is no confession and nothing left of tissue to determine.

Tape connected to death?....what else can one think of that is reasonable? You find a dead body with duct tape on it, one reasonable person would have to conclude there is a connection to a death. If you are making an argument for placement post-mortem, doesn't matter...it is still connected to a death. I don't understand where you get speculation. Duct tape is a fact not speculation.

:clap::clap::clap: exactly!
The FACT is Caylee is dead, her own mother did it. Fact, if Caylee had indeed been abducted by this nanny, then why the heck doesn't she(this nanny) exist?
I am guessing KC is now going to say she was TOO DRUNK to remember exactly what happened. you know she had a "blackout"

The key in this area remains that prosecutors do not claim Casey died from child abuse. Therefore, Casey is not charged with felony murder. So, she cannot be convicted on felony murder.

HTH
I have all the faith in the world that the prosecution will get her. Why are we still having this conversation on a thread titled "Heart-Shaped Sticker Found on Caylee's Mouth"? There should be a legal thread here somewhere, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CattarinaPoe