Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are images from Casey's photobucket, showing her use of heart iconography post June 16.
caseypbaccountheartstickerspostjune.jpg

Between the July 7 and July 10 uploads, Casey uploads a host of music-related icons and images, possibly to include on a social networking profile.

Before uploading the "Missing My Love" image on July 16, Casey uploaded several images of Caylee. Those images were used in subsequent "Caylee is Missing" fliers and presumably uploaded and accessed in preparation for the search for Caylee.

The heart sticker is a very alarming detail. IMO it points to a twisted romanticization of the crime, akin to Diane Downs' golden unicorn statue. Uploading heart-iconography and adorning an image of Caylee with a similar red heart, IMO, points to a sadistic and self-indulgent (psychopathic) psychological revisitation of the crime.

The heart sticker also, IMO, could lend credence to child *advertiser censored* theories espoused in this case. Wendy Murphy has espoused this theory since October: Wendy Murphy on October 5 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast (Murphy starts around 16:50 point in the broadcast). Murphy continues to espouse this theory during a December 21 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast here, around the 50 minute mark.

KC made this "missing my love" entry the day she was arrested?

I think the sticker was on there to convince Caylee not to be afraid of the tape that mommy was going to put on her. One thing is clear: Casey never intended for Caylee to live for very long after she put that tape on her because of the way she wrapped it, she stuck it to her hair. She had no intention of ever removing that tape from around Caylee, there would be no way to do that without scissors. That's the nail in her defense coffin for me.

I with you here. When I heard about the sticker, I thought she must have used the sticker as a way to get the duct tape on her mouth while the Caylee was awake.

Also, good point about the duct tape in hair. I know a lot of people are thinking that she was puting the tape over her mouth and drugging the baby, but I think she wouldn't want to get it in her hair. She would have had to cut or ripped it out of her hair.

This is so so heartbreaking, how much worse can it get?

Don't ask. I've said that to myself several times during this case. Each time, I shed more tears and ask how much worse can this be and it gets worse.

That poor, sweet child.

OMG, I've been busy today and just saw this and I am sick to my stomach. Speechless really, at thinking about what a sick, disgusting, disgrace of a shell of a human being KC is.

Casey is charged with:

Capital first degree murder
Aggravated Child Abuse, Aggravated Manslaughter
4 counts of providing false information to LE

Yeppers - and like I've been a sayin... the aggravated child abuse will be part of the proof/elements for the murder one conviction. ;)

The duct tape shows premed IMHO. The sticker doesn't necessarily mean an accident. I think she planned to kill SOMEONE, maybe the Ants, Caylee, or all. I think the fight with CA pushed her over the edge and she was furious enough to move forward with her plans before she had them all set up.

The sticker doesn't necessarily mean there was no malice. I don't think she didn't, on some level (backwards sort of way, maybe?) love Caylee. She just knew Caylee had to die. The sticker could have been a last minute thing to do as she was looking at the horror of what she had done. A sociopath may even think that would be an appropriate thing to do.
So she looks upon her awful deed and decides to seal it with a kiss? Ugghhhhh...the sound you hear is a moan erupting from the pit of my bowels and it's nothing compared to the wave of revulsion that will sweep through the courtroom when the visual evidence is presented at trial.

Here are images from Casey's photobucket, showing her use of heart iconography post June 16.

Between the July 7 and July 10 uploads, Casey uploads a host of music-related icons and images, possibly to include on a social networking profile.

Before uploading the "Missing My Love" image on July 16, Casey uploaded several images of Caylee. Those images were used in subsequent "Caylee is Missing" fliers and presumably uploaded and accessed in preparation for the search for Caylee.

The heart sticker is a very alarming detail. IMO it points to a twisted romanticization of the crime, akin to Diane Downs' golden unicorn statue. Uploading heart-iconography and adorning an image of Caylee with a similar red heart, IMO, points to a sadistic and self-indulgent (psychopathic) psychological revisitation of the crime.

The heart sticker also, IMO, could lend credence to child *advertiser censored* theories espoused in this case. Wendy Murphy has espoused this theory since October: Wendy Murphy on October 5 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast (Murphy starts around 16:50 point in the broadcast). Murphy continues to espouse this theory during a December 21 Scared Monkeys radio broadcast here, around the 50 minute mark.

:clap: Nancy, you have an excellent memory and thank you for taking the time to find these and post them.

Also, your analysis of Casey's mindset sounds accurate to me. :clap:

We don't know yet if the tape was applied ante or post mortem. If it was post mortem it could indicate staging by the perpetrator. It could well be that when she decided to dump the body, she then put the sticker on top of the duct tape. It could well be that she accidently overdosed the baby with something, panicked, wrapped the baby up in a blanket and put her in the laundry bag, shoving it up against the spare tire. She had a couple days to think about what to do - perhaps she thought she would stage it to look like a kidnapping, placing the tape on her mouth then. After the body fluids leaked she had to dump the body, came back to the house, got a garbage bag, put the sticker on top of the duct tape and then got rid of the body.

To us the sticker is more than disgusting, it's sick, but to KC, it might have seemed like a symbol of love and good bye. We can't think of it as what we would do, we have to think of it as KC would - we think it's inappropriate it, but to KC, it might have been the appropriate act in that situation. We have to think like the perpetrator, not as ourselves to understand this.

We don't know yet if the tape was applied ante or post mortem. If it was post mortem it could indicate staging by the perpetrator. It could well be that when she decided to dump the body, she then put the sticker on top of the duct tape. It could well be that she accidently overdosed the baby with something, panicked, wrapped the baby up in a blanket and put her in the laundry bag, shoving it up against the spare tire. She had a couple days to think about what to do - perhaps she thought she would stage it to look like a kidnapping, placing the tape on her mouth then. After the body fluids leaked she had to dump the body, came back to the house, got a garbage bag, put the sticker on top of the duct tape and then got rid of the body.

To us the sticker is more than disgusting, it's sick, but to KC, it might have seemed like a symbol of love and good bye. We can't think of it as what we would do, we have to think of it as KC would - we think it's inappropriate it, but to KC, it might have been the appropriate act in that situation. We have to think like the perpetrator, not as ourselves to understand this.

Quality thoughts.

Thank you Nancy, for posting this, as this is the thread for discussing the heart-shaped sticker, & Not guilty vs. not guilty:waitasec:

Do you also remember, when Casey was home, she developed the Myspace page, along with pictures that also had hearts? I've been trying to find them

Ok...you all know I'm a fairly reasonable person, right? Ok...I've had some pretty crappy things happen in my life so I know what anger is. Well, I just heard a snippet on HLN about the duct tape and I raged so. It was a good thing I was in the car alone. I have never in all my life felt such anger towards someone. You have NO IDEA the kinds of torture I was envisioning for this worthless human being. I may have to rethink my diagnosis of Casey because for anyone to do what she did is beyond crazy. I apologize if I offended anyone.

You sure didn't offend me RR0004!! The heart sticker over her mouth/duct tape gives me the same willies as when JonBenet was found with a heart drawn on the palm of her hand.....I think when mommy's murder their children somehow putting a heart on their body makes it okay. Please tell me there is a big fat fingerprint of KC's on that heart sticker....

While I think the post by "Nancy Botwin" rings very true I have an additional theory re: the heart sticker.

Cindy was the one into scrapbooking and crafting. Does anyone remember the GVS interview with Cindy showing GVS proudly the frame she had made with all of Caylee's pics, and stickers, ect?

Casey may have put that sticker there as a final act of anger towards Cindy. I think the malice we saw in the last video from jail, showed the abusive way that Casey treated her mother. She was so jealous of her mother's relationship with Caylee. It's almost like a really spiteful last expression of hate. She took Caylee from Cindy and she put a sticker on her also.

JMO and one of my theories. The child *advertiser censored* thing has been "lurking" in the background of this case but so far there is no proof that we know of. Of course, we haven't seen the deleted photo evidence yet.

SNIPPED: " ...Now I'm wondering if the sticker was on the inside of the duct tape (the analysis of which I not has NOT yet been released to us for review, so we don't know what condition it is in or whether or not any of Caylee's saliva/vomit is present on it) and it came loose as a result of Caylee struggling/chewing/crying/vomiting...."

SNIPPED: We don't know yet if the tape was applied ante or post mortem. ..."

That's what I've been wondering about since reading about this Bev.

Let's not forget Casey's practice pad...with her "new name" written all over it and decorated with hearts.

While I think the post by "Nancy Botwin" rings very true I have an additional theory re: the heart sticker.

Cindy was the one into scrapbooking and crafting. Does anyone remember the GVS interview with Cindy showing GVS proudly the frame she had made with all of Caylee's pics, and stickers, ect?

Casey may have put that sticker there as a final act of anger towards Cindy. I think the malice we saw in the last video from jail, showed the abusive way that Casey treated her mother. She was so jealous of her mother's relationship with Caylee. It's almost like a really spiteful last expression of hate. She took Caylee from Cindy and she put a sticker on her also.

JMO and one of my theories. The child *advertiser censored* thing has been "lurking" in the background of this case but so far there is no proof that we know of. Of course, we haven't seen the deleted photo evidence yet.

:clap: great thoughts. and you're reminding me to go review some Cindy info from past threads...

OMG! That makes so much sense!

Oh my word!

this is beyond my comprehension; somehow I feel as though we've been given a glimpse, a window..into the very soul of evil.

how...how could anyone do this to a precious, innocent child? Caylee was a gift, a treasure to hold close and care for...

I just can't understand this depth of evilness... but it's very frightening, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member