Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theorizing that death was accidental and KC handled the baby's body, I have considered that the duct tape was put on the mouth either to contain bodily fluids (as suggested by other posters), or to block insects (i.e., maggots) or other creatures, from entering her mouth. This may have been seen happening prior to the duct tape...

If duct tape was used to "protect" the corpse, placing a heart sticker on the tape does not sound like a viscious act.

However, I'm still very open to the possibility that someone else was involved.

The heart sticker clears up one thing for me...I had thought duct tape was possibly Casey's way of staging what she thought a kidnapping would look like in her mind...but now knowing about the heart sticker, I don't think so...what kidnapper would do that?? So now I don't think the duct tape was used for staging at all...why the sticker? who knows...

Maybe every time the tape was put on, there was a heart or other sticker added. Caylee always got a sticker on the tape when her mouth was taped.
Maybe that's why there was (apparently) frequently red rashy-like marks around her mouth. Maybe that baby knew to expect the tape and the sticker.

I definitely do not tape my kids mouth shut, but she gets those red rashy marks from her pacifier when she's had it for quite a while.

Originally Posted by Whisperer
One of my reasons for thinking Caylee was being drugged for some time is that she appeared to be not very developed with her speech, and a little behind in potty-training. Everytime I see that last video of her I get chills when Caylee puts that cloth over her nose and blinks....never settled with me.
Are you insinuating something about the tablecloth and prior acts of Casey? I saw my kids do that a thousand times with tablecloths, napkins, the girls with their dresses, etc. It was a bashful, playful, or coyish type of reaction from them. Kids do those things innocently and more often than not...when they were getting bored or tired. Personally, I don't think Casey drugged her before to party like others believe.

I also think her speech was fine. Did you hear her singing? She was quite clearly understood (and had a pretty singing voice!). When she was "reading" her book, the quality of the camera caused her to sound more garbled. She did sound age appropriate when she was speaking to her grandfather (my fav clip).

The potty training issue is not a concern for me either. Some kids want to and others simply do not. Plus with Cindy working, I doubt that Casey took the time out of her busy texting schedule to take her to the potty and work with her like she should have. It would be easier to believe Casey kept her in pull ups instead.

Theorizing that death was accidental and KC handled the baby's body, I have considered that the duct tape was put on the mouth either to contain bodily fluids (as suggested by other posters), or to block insects (i.e., maggots) or other creatures, from entering her mouth. This may have been seen happening prior to the duct tape...

If duct tape was used to "protect" the corpse, placing a heart sticker on the tape does not sound like a viscious act.

However, I'm still very open to the possibility that someone else was involved.
There have been some dramatic descriptions posted describing what might happen in the mouth area even after a few days. KC had to bag the body up at some stage and given that, I don't find it hard to believe that she would put tape across the mouth to stop/hide all that unpleasantness.
As for the sticker that is a bizare touch. Lots of adjectives come to mind to describe it. Immature, stupid, evil is a small selection.

Unless the state kills your azz by way of the death penalty, I can't think of any other way to kill somebody that is not unlawful.
there is criminal and non-criminal homicide. self defense is homicide, but it is not criminal. Killing someone by execution (DP) is homicide but it is not unlawful

I have to say, I agree with Wudge. The very first word that popped into my mind when I heard of the heart-shaped sticker was regret. The 22-year old who wrote variations of hers and AL's name on notebook paper stuck a heart sticker on Caylee's duct tape as her way of saying she loved her. I am going to get smacked around for saying that, I know, but it was my gut reaction.

Yes, I thought it bizarre, but KC is bizarre.

If it were KC and she was filled with regret and wanted to make that kind of comforting goodbye gesture, don't you think she would remove the duct tape from Caylee before burial or disposal, rather than placing a sticker on top of the tape?

my gut feeling about the sticker was that this was a grotesque, mocking detail the killer placed there. my opinion only

I think WFTV didn't read the docs. through properly! My post in the 'myths' thread explains the reference to these pull-ups. :)

IMO, their problem is with Sheaffer. His description of the PI video was terrible. He may have skimmed the docs and gave WFTV a faulty summary.

That would be a very hard game. We all have to deal with something in our lives, but to deal with an adult child with a beautiful child that's gone/missing, and possibly by their daughter, and KC being a lying, cheating, stealing and again a lying adult child. Whew! Something I don't want to imagine as mine are older. Tough times are tough, but this is too hard to think you would have to pussyfoot around a daughter at this point in the case. I would be reeling her in! Please dear God, don't ever let me be like this family and and have to depend on this type of defense attorneys. Total mess.

You were probably a good disciplinarian of your kids. I think the A's let her get away with way too much lying as a child. Maybe not punishing her for stealing money from mommies purse and such.

IMO, there had to be a serious lack of parenting to create this monster.

Drugging a child would be abuse. Maybe forensic testing of the hair could provide that link?

If KC gave Caylee anything or was drugging her for a period of time, it might show up in the toxicology report of the hair.

There have been some dramatic descriptions posted describing what might happen in the mouth area even after a few days. KC had to bag the body up at some stage and given that, I don't find it hard to believe that she would put tape across the mouth to stop/hide all that unpleasantness.
As for the sticker that is a bizare touch. Lots of adjectives come to mind to describe it. Immature, stupid, evil is a small selection.
I truly believe KC put the tape on her mouth after she drugged her in case she woke up before dying to keep her quiet. I hope that she didn't put the tape over that precious baby's mouth to kill her that way. Either way it shows just how cold and calculated she is.

snipped
... It could be argued that attaching the sticker shows lack of planning and deliberation. Rather, it's a rash and reckless act.

Surely not? When preparing to dump her child's body, after an accident or a cold blooded killing, what 22 year old woman happens to have a "heart sticker" so close at hand that, on the spur of the moment, she decides to attach it to the duct tape covering her child's mouth. Respectfully, I find your argument negated by the fact that she has to take those few minutes, at least, to go collect a sticker from somewhere.

It's absolutely true. It's part of jury instructions in every state.
I think CA is the only state that the jurors actually follow the jury instructions. That's why everyone is acquitted.LOL.

Ugh, I can't stop thinking about the stupid heart sticker. And the worst part about that is that I didn't even realize how much it was affecting me emotionally until I suddenly burst into tears a few minutes ago, and wasn't sure why, and then I suddenly realized it was about the sticker. And I thought I was just considering it as a piece of evidence. :(

I still don't have an explanation for the sticker's existence that makes sense in my head, but maybe I'm trying too hard to explain the inexplicable. I don't know if it was intended as a slap in the face to Cindy, or a bizarre memorial, or a symbol of regret, or what. What I do know right now is that it hurts my heart. :(

I truly believe KC put the tape on her mouth after she drugged her in case she woke up before dying to keep her quiet. I hope that she didn't put the tape over that precious baby's mouth to kill her that way. Either way it shows just how cold and calculated she is.
I don't see drugging as being proven at all. And even if evidence comes to light, the tape is superfluous. If she had done it before I think there would have been damage to the cheeks etc and a hell of a job to get it off, untangle the hair etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela