Heart-Shaped Sticker On Tape Over Caylee's Mouth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would her baby teeth show anything?

I would think so. If I recall correctly, LE or the CSI people, found a tooth, which was sent to the crime lab for analysis.
Some of the "pulp" (which supplies blood and nerves...basically keeps the tooth (teeth) alive) may still be attached to the tooth (teeth).

DNA can also be extracted from teeth, btw.

Putting duct tape on someone's mouth does not cause death. There is no evidence as yet that the tape was also over Caylee's nose (suffocation), or that duct tape and chloroform was used to kill. Or was it duct tape and Zanex, duct tape and child medication, duct tape and drowning in the pool, or something else? Was the duct tape even applied before death? The duct tape alone does not prove deliberate murder, or even aggravated child abuse, nor does it help to establish a cause of death. So which combination scenario will the prosecution choose?

I'm just trying to think of a legal scenario involving a 2 year old toddler with duct tape covering their mouth to include extending it into their hair. I'm trying to think of how a person can duct tape a baby's delicate facial skin and fine hair and then remove it painlessly and without causing the child to possibly bleed?? Unless, I never intended to remove the duct tape. (?)

On a less emotional note, I have a question. Hypothetically, if the defense were going to use the sticker and the blanket to their advantage, wouldn't that mean they would have to acknowledge that Casey had some involvement in Caylee's death? The sticker can't indicate remorse or regret or lack of premeditation if they're still insisting that Casey doesn't know what happened to Caylee after the 15th of June, right? Or am I missing something?

Would that be an advantage for the defense at trial, if they acknowledged that Casey was involved in the death, but tried to spin an accident theory or that she somehow didn't mean for it to happen? It almost seems like they'd be better off sticking with the "Casey didn't have anything to do with it" story, in which case they would have to say that she knew nothing about how the sticker or the blanket got there.

There have been some dramatic descriptions posted describing what might happen in the mouth area even after a few days. KC had to bag the body up at some stage and given that, I don't find it hard to believe that she would put tape across the mouth to stop/hide all that unpleasantness.
As for the sticker that is a bizare touch. Lots of adjectives come to mind to describe it. Immature, stupid, evil is a small selection.

I don't think KC would put the tape on post-mortem to keep decomp fluids in. Just putting the tape on so it would stick would be a wet, stinky mess. She'd have to clean decomp fluids off of Caylee's body's face.

I'm just trying to think of a legal scenario involving a 2 year old toddler with duct tape covering their mouth to include extending it into their hair. I'm trying to think of how a person can duct tape a baby's delicate facial skin and fine hair and then remove it painlessly and without causing the child to possibly bleed?? Unless, I never intended to remove the duct tape. (?)
I agree. There is no way without causing damage to the area and the lips in particular.

I think the fact that tape was left on tends to point to a different perpetrator. Too many reasons KC would remove the tape before leaving the body, including: regret, making the body appear more comfortable or presentable, removing evidence of the degree of cruelty, keeping the "accident" option open, removing evidence that would be traced back to herself, etc. To me, the fact that the body was dumped in this location and still with duct tape on, much less this heart sticker placed in, in my opinion, a grotesque mocking gesture over the tape, almost as if to say, look how cruelly I killed Caylee, it seems to indicate a different perp, because KC obviously would not want to incriminate herself in that way. Not that I can rule KC out completely, but just my gut feeling.

I couldn't help to think.........did she play some sort of sick "game" with Caylee to get her to allow "mommy" to tape her up?

Using the heart sticker, maybe put it to her own mouth and face first so Caylee would trust her and then.........OMG!

In my mind, she is to much a monster to have put it there for any other reason. None.

Ugh, I can't stop thinking about the stupid heart sticker. And the worst part about that is that I didn't even realize how much it was affecting me emotionally until I suddenly burst into tears a few minutes ago, and wasn't sure why, and then I suddenly realized it was about the sticker. And I thought I was just considering it as a piece of evidence. :(

I still don't have an explanation for the sticker's existence that makes sense in my head, but maybe I'm trying too hard to explain the inexplicable. I don't know if it was intended as a slap in the face to Cindy, or a bizarre memorial, or a symbol of regret, or what. What I do know right now is that it hurts my heart. :(

The heart sticker sent me over the edge too, Talison. As if the freakin duct tape wasn't horrific enough... :cry:
For all of us who are hurting tonight...group hug :grouphug:

Putting duct tape on someone's mouth does not cause death. There is no evidence as yet that the tape was also over Caylee's nose (suffocation), or that duct tape and chloroform was used to kill. Or was it duct tape and Zanex, duct tape and child medication, duct tape and drowning in the pool, or something else? Was the duct tape even applied before death? The duct tape alone does not prove deliberate murder, or even aggravated child abuse, nor does it help to establish a cause of death. So which combination scenario will the prosecution choose?
------------------------------
I beg to differ but duct tape on a childs mouth IS aggravated child abuse.Maybe not in your Country but it is here.I wouldn't be afraid to bet it would hold true in every State. IMO

I think the fact that tape was left on tends to point to a different perpetrator. Too many reasons KC would remove the tape before leaving the body, including: regret, making the body appear more comfortable or presentable, removing evidence of the degree of cruelty, keeping the "accident" option open, removing evidence that would be traced back to herself, etc. To me, the fact that the body was dumped in this location and still with duct tape on, much less this heart sticker placed in, in my opinion, a grotesque mocking gesture over the tape, almost as if to say, look how cruelly I killed Caylee, it seems to indicate a different perp, because KC obviously would not want to incriminate herself in that way. Not that I can rule KC out completely, but it seem unlikely.
So, what you are saying is there is abbsolutely no evidence linking the death to anybody other than KC, so you'll guess somebody other than KC?

Good luck on spinning how a heart shaped sticker and Winnie the Pooh represents malice aforethought.

(sheesh)

No need to spin.

There is no doubt that Casey planned Casey's murder and did so maliciously. She wrapped Cayee's head in gorilla duct tape while Caylee was still alive. It was over her mouth and into Caylee's hair. Gorilla duct tape cant be couldn't be taken off a child's face...EVER. If Casey had tried she would have pulled off Caylee's lips and skin. It doesn't get more malicious.

So..."Mommy made the boo boo better and comforted Caylee by putting a sticker on the tape before killing her." And she covered her with a blanket before shoving into a laundry bag. She didn't even dress her or remember the mama doll.

That certainly should earn her a "mother of the year" nomination.

I can tell you that duct tape cannot be removed from hair. Last summer, one of my son's friends was goofing around with duct tape. He made a ball of it and stuck it to my son's hair. :( It had to be cut out.

If someone tried to pull it off hair, it would rip the hair from the scalp.

I also wonder how duct tape would remain on the skull in position over the mouth after all the soft tissue had sloughed away to the point that the skull is skeletonized. Maybe just stuck enough on the hair to still be draped loosely over the mouth, I guess. Though in the reports released so far, it doesn't actually say the tape went all the way around the head, did it, it just said a piece over the mouth area, but some hair caught in it, right?

I don't see drugging as being proven at all. And even if evidence comes to light, the tape is superfluous. If she had done it before I think there would have been damage to the cheeks etc and a hell of a job to get it off, untangle the hair etc.

I think there was some prior suggestion of drugging. However, as much as I wanted to believe that Caylee's demise was an accidental overdose in the commission of having her sleep, I cannot believe that anymore. I see Caylee's death as being an act of anger and spite. I see the tape as the means to silence her forever or a symbol that she was silenced. To me, the heart sticker was maybe a bizarre loving gesture of farewell, you are forever silenced.

If it was accidental then KC would have been in a state for some time as she rationalized and dealt with this going too far. To me, based on what I know, I see KC recovering in a blink of an eye and moving on. She was ready for this act, had fantasized about it and, in a moment of anger had achieved it. She was sorta/kinda relieved and moved on.

I also wonder how duct tape would remain on the skull in position over the mouth after all the soft tissue had sloughed away to the point that the skull is skeletonized. Maybe just stuck enough on the hair to still be draped loosely over the mouth, I guess. Though in the reports released so far, it doesn't actually say the tape went all the way around the head, did it, it just said a piece over the mouth area, but some hair caught in it, right?

The report says that the tape was wrapped far enough around the head to be firmly stuck to the hair on both sides and the hair had to be cut to remove it. Hair was still around the skull and the hair held the tape and, likely, vice-versa.

I don't have duct tape handy. How wide is it?
It may cover more of the nose in a tot than it would an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay