Heath Ledger has been found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a private memorial service in LA.I posted a link above (post 513). Quote:

I believe that Heath would have approved of this - people that he was very close with. Also, I believe that these people needed to be together at this time to grieve with one another and to memorialize their loved one.

The family will go on to Perth for a private funeral.

Oh, I totally agree that Heath would have likely approved of the memorial service, and yes, these people definitely need(ed) to be together during such an awful time. I hope it brought them some comfort.

Oh, I totally agree that Heath would have likely approved of the memorial service, and yes, these people definitely need(ed) to be together during such an awful time. I hope it brought them some comfort.

Me too eachandevery. Me too.

I found a Blog which I don't think I'm allowed to post a link for saying that the memorial place in LA was the Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park and Mortuary.

They also quoted US Weekly about the memorial and dinner afterwards - quote: "Even though it was a sad occasion, everyone was smiling, hugging each other and holding hands. It was a really positive group." Apparently Heath was there at that memorial too. I had thought the family might have him sent directly to Perth from New York.

INSIDER reporting that Ledger was a rampant drug user, consuming Cocaine, Heroin, Methadone--sounds like he was just another druggie--and his heart and body had had enough--what a dummy lol

INSIDER reporting that Ledger was a rampant drug user, consuming Cocaine, Heroin, Methadone--sounds like he was just another druggie--and his heart and body had had enough--what a dummy lol

I think I'll wait for the toxicology reports before I start judging.

--sounds like he was just another druggie......what a dummy lol

I love how special you make us sound, Peter!:)

Still - there are lots of rumors flying and it's hard to know what is true. I won't be surprised if it comes to light that Heath had addiction issues, but I will reserve my final judgment until we know more.

sounds like he was just another druggie--and his heart and body had had enough--what a dummy lol

That's a bit harsh don't you think?

Addiction is an illness, noone asks to become an addict, just like people don't "ask" to get sick.

I sure hope you or anyone you know/love are not ever in a position to be ill.

Besides, isn't a bit prejudgemental to describe him like that not knowing the truth. Or are you special and have access to MEDICAL and LEGAL documentation to your claim that he was a dummy and a druggie?

Even if it is true Pete I dont think that its very funny:rolleyes:

I dont think there would be one poster on this board that hasnt done something stupid or regrettable.....except Pete that is;) :D

I don't think this is anything to "lol" about. Not even close. A family has lost their son, a brother, and a daughter has lost her father; a tragedy all around, regardless of why he may have died.

As far as these "insider" quotes go, I am very, very skeptical. Example: Rebecca White.

ETA: We have all made mistakes in our lives. I think it's important to keep that in mind when attempting to judge Heath or anyone else. IF, IF he died because of drug use, it's not going to make the situation any less tragic for me, personally, and I'm not going to think less of him. Like I said, he was many things to many people, and the loss will never go away.

As it is evident that most here admired and respected Heath; your comment appears callous and insensitive. :mad:

Drug abuse, including alcohol, runs through all walks of life -the poor, the wealthy, the very intelligent and unintelligent; teens, older folks.

And no contributing and valuable human being, especially in their mere 20's should be brushed off as "just another" - anything.

Everyone's life is valuable, especially those experiencing angst and trouble IMO.

As it is evident that most here admired and respected Heath; your comment appears callous and insensitive. :mad:

Drug abuse, including alcohol, runs through all walks of life -the poor, the wealthy, the very intelligent and unintelligent; teens, older folks.

And no contributing and valuable human being, especially in their mere 20's should be brushed off as "just another" - anything.

Everyone's life is valuable, especially those experiencing angst and trouble IMO.

Excellent post Martha!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Exactly, Martha!

The INSIDER is one of the most useless and ridiculous shows broadcast on tv. "Only the INSIDER..." "INSIDER was the first to bring you blah, blah, blah..." The INSIDER has excusive information you won't find anywhere else...like, uh, the very official-looking guy sitting at an official looking table with the INSIDER scoop of cops finding a $20 bill with narcotics powder on it - which they then retracted the next day. F--- the INSIDER and ET.
If the actual toxology reports comes back that he had any of those substances in his system, it will be a sad thing but he was human. Until I hear otherwise I tend to think the rumors of heroine come from his role in the movie Candy.

Chris Farley died 10 years ago on my daughter's birthday from drugs. That does not diminish the love I feel for him or for the characters he created, or the joy of sharing his legacy with my kids - my 12 year old son does a pretty awesome MATT FOLEY imitation!

Addiction is an illness, noone asks to become an addict, just like people don't "ask" to get sick.

As this relates to cocaine and heroine, if someone is snorting, shooting, smoking that crap, they ARE asking to become an addict. :confused:

As this relates to cocaine and heroine, if someone is snorting, shooting, smoking that crap, they ARE asking to become an addict. :confused:

Really? So they shoot, snort, smoke and while doing so they say "Please let me become an addict!?!"

My father was an addict his vice was gambling, by the time he realized he was an addict it was too late..Ended up a contributing factor to him taking his own life....But he asked for it? BS.

Sooo many people experiment ONE time and get HOOKED. I doubt the 16 year old girl, nor the 40 year old exec that tries something and gets hooked sits down to experiment w the hope that they will become an addict.

What about prescription drugs? DOCTORS prescribe them, people become addicted. I doubt they are going to their dr and saying "Hey Doc, I think today I'm going to become an addict, whatcha got for me....

Really? So they shoot, snort, smoke and while doing so they say "Please let me become an addict!?!"

My father was an addict his vice was gambling, by the time he realized he was an addict it was too late..Ended up a contributing factor to him taking his own life....But he asked for it? BS.

Sooo many people experiment ONE time and get HOOKED. I doubt the 16 year old girl, nor the 40 year old exec that tries something and gets hooked sits down to experiment w the hope that they will become an addict.

What about prescription drugs? DOCTORS prescribe them, people become addicted. I doubt they are going to their dr and saying "Hey Doc, I think today I'm going to become an addict, whatcha got for me....

Saying that someone is "asking" for it is an expression. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. When someone is "asking" for something, it's like saying it's very risky with a high probability of problems to occur. The expression still applies whether the person is conscious or not of the possible outcome.

In other words, I don't think CarpeDiem meant it like you took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member