TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING OVERNIGHT: The investigation into missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard and her infant daughter Margot is now focused on this home in Harris County, near Houston. CBS Austin has learned two people are in custody

Source: People in custody in Harris Co. linked to missing Austin mom & baby case

View attachment 221332

CBS Austin on Twitter

Woke up to this horrendous news.

Sickened and so very, very sorry to hear it.

Sad for HB.
And for SC.
And for Baby M.
And for her son, who waited hour upon hour that day for his mom to come pick him up after school.

Her poor son is about to find out his mom is never going to pick him up again.
Devastating.

There is some light shining in all this darkness, though:
Baby M is alive.
We have that to be thankful for, at least.
Her safe return will provide HB's family some measure of comfort, even in the midst of all their grief.

What a barbaric, cruel, unspeakably depraved murder...and purportedly committed by a trusted friend.
Such an evil, ultimate act of betrayal.
What a Judas.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m only glad to know that after all of this this fast developing new in Houston that my original thoughts were that he was not involved. Some inner gut feelings just could not put him as the suspect on this one. I hope they soon release more information on the “friend” that’s responsible. I kept looking in on the case but admittedly got frustrated at the finger pointing and just stepped back. Now this little baby girl will never grow up and know her mother. Two more children whose mother adored them....I’m sickened.

Same. The only thing I was questioning as far as he goes was when the CrimeOnline article came out and the Anonymous friend stated that he had a different reaction to her previously being missing. I feel really really really bad that I was questioning him and thought maybe he had involvement as I was one that also didn't think he was involved because things just didn't add up.

Sorry @Tricia for having a post of mine in a previous thread edited because of breaking TOS where I said I agreed with those were thinking SC had something to do with it. That will NOT happen again from me. Thankful that you have the rules that you do. This case taught me a huge lesson!

KTRK reports that medical examiners pulled the body from the home shortly after 12 a.m. Friday morning. KTRK said police initially went to the home because they were interested in a car in the backyard.”

Snip

“By Wednesday, members of the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team were in Austin. The team, which as been in place for more than a decade, has about 60 agents from across the country, who have special skills in finding missing children.”

LIVE: Report: Body, baby found in Harris Co. home swarmed by FBI as part of missing Austin woman, baby case

(BBM above for reference)

“Through online records and a source, we learned the car investigators were interested in at the scene is registered to someone Broussard knows.

A neighbor told ABC13 police asked her Thursday night whether she remembers any movement here on that day. The only official response from the FBI is a vague statement: "The FBI is lawfully present at the location conducting a law enforcement operation."”

1-month-old girl found alive at Harris Co. home that is tied to search for Austin mom

*video at link

So just wild speculation here, but did LE see the "friends" car on CCTV & maybe saw Heidi getting into a car, but couldn't identify the registration/exact make of car? Hence the questions to the apt complex residents about their vehicles?

Her friend. I think this would be a tiny bit less heartbreaking if it were a stranger, but a long term friend? Compounding the horror.

JMO

I knew it! My gut told me this from the get go. I’m so grateful the family got this news before Christmas. Horrible as it is they at least have their granddaughter. So sorry for the loss of their only child Heidi. I wish all the people on here that blatantly accused the bf of murdering her should All apologize. Bless him and her family and give them the strength they need. Now it’s time to prosecute!!

I'm so upset. How do you tell a 6-year-old that mommy is not coming back? This is going to be a really hard time for Shane. Alone, with a newborn and a 6-year-old. I hope he finds the strength to keep going. I'm glad that Silas, Margo and their big sister will still have their daddy to love and care for them. Poor guy, I can't imagine.

Patiently trying to wait for them to name the suspects because whoa. What a crazy, crazy case.

Poor Heidi. Those poor kids, and family. How incredibly sad that their whole lives have been changed by someone else’s crazy, evil intent. My heart hurts for Heidi that she never got to stay on this earth and be the mama she so clearly loved being. So wonderful though that baby Margo is alive. A blessing in the midst of it all.

My heart is breaking for the family and children that are involved in this. I am so grateful for all LE who diligently kept searching . From the beginning I just could not get behind the theory that the boyfriend was behind this. I understood that in so many cases that sadly a significant other is involved. I guess though I was rooting for this guy's innocence based on that weird interview. His nervous laughter and not being able to look the reporter in the eyes struck me more of a person that is on the autism spectrum. Anyways the Mollie Tibbets case had shown me that you just can't presume someone is guilty. I remember everyone assuming it was this one guy and he turned out to be totally innocent. Thank goodness for this site which holds us accountable. RIP Heidi

I haven’t posted about this case but did lurk.

I think it is totally understandable why people focused on the partner/dad. Not just because of statistical likelihood, or even because he was the only person available to scrutinize, or even because his behavior was odd. And it *was* odd. Rather, the lack of clarity and information around his timeline seemed very problematic.

When I made a few notes on this case for myself—with a list of possible scenarios—I put “partner did it” at top because that’s so standard, unfortunately, but also because what was he doing in the hours around the disappearance?

I came up with scenarios like “went with friend who had baby supplies,” and “a second boyfriend or a friend harmed her,” but I had little basis to flesh out ideas like that.

And then there just wasn’t much to say about it, because of a lack of information.

People on this site are generally trying to help. Putting attention on a case like this, even if suspicions lead the wrong way, is on balance a good thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia