TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart is breaking for the family and children that are involved in this. I am so grateful for all LE who diligently kept searching . From the beginning I just could not get behind the theory that the boyfriend was behind this. I understood that in so many cases that sadly a significant other is involved. I guess though I was rooting for this guy's innocence based on that weird interview. His nervous laughter and not being able to look the reporter in the eyes struck me more of a person that is on the autism spectrum. Anyways the Mollie Tibbets case had shown me that you just can't presume someone is guilty. I remember everyone assuming it was this one guy and he turned out to be totally innocent. Thank goodness for this site which holds us accountable. RIP Heidi

I'm right there with you. This case has baffled me. I almost always think the significant other "did it," but just wasn't seeing that in this case and was starting to question my own judgment, when others here, were so convinced of his guilt.

My husband is on the spectrum and I had gotten the same vibes from SC. My husband would appear soooo guilty, under the stress of it all. I understand how his behavior came off as odd to others, but it struck me differently. So incredibly saddened by this case. Her friend of many years. How sickening! Absolutely heartbreaking, to wake up to this news. I was leaning toward a stranger abduction.

It’s hard not to put myself in Heidi’s shoes. As a mom with two littles and a third on the way, here in ATX, I just feel for her so much. The horror she must have felt. All we want is to be able to be there for our kids, no one has the right to take that away.

Come on MSM catch up so we can discuss!

The thought that someone you know can do this to you is the kind of thing that makes you never want to leave your house. :(

The thought that someone you know can do this to you is the kind of thing that makes you never want to leave your house. :(
Exactly. Or go to the OB’s office (another woman was snatched for her baby that way, must find the case link), or mom forums, etc...but yes when it’s someone you’ve know for years on end and a good friend, what defense do you have? None...

Oh my goodness, this is so tragic! Who did this?? I know we can't discuss until the media or LE announce it but my mind is on overload...
I’d say that the whole adage “look close to home” still applies in terms of who is responsible...just a few steps out from the very inner circle. We should get name confirmation shortly I’m sure.

Has SC been seen or commented since the discovery?

Hopefully being cleared and reunited with baby Margo. So sad to think of how the entire family is going to change without HB. She will be forever remembered. Little baby Margo will be the love and light that pulls her family together and brings them joy in coming years. MOO

Missed the last 2 threads after the last closing, but have mostly been caught up.

Confused about one detail, perhaps someone here can explain. The call for an ambulance for the baby was made by a CPS worker? Is that correct? If so, was CPS there prior to LE and they tipped them off or CPS and LE arrived together at the same time or?

(Aside from baby Margo being alive) This ending/scenario is basically worse than anything I could have imagined. Stealing babies after faking a pregnancy is pretty rare, & usually it is complete strangers or someone met in passing (Craigslist ad for baby clothes etc). It's not normally ever a friend....a BEST friend.

Good lord, if you cannot trust your closest friend in the world, who in the world CAN you trust?!

Prayers to the family. RIP Heidi.
This case is going to be one that sticks with me, purely for the ultimate betrayal aspect. Horrifying.

Rest in peace, Heidi.

So how did LE end up in Houston?

Probably by video of cars entering and leaving the apartment complex. Follow the license plates that don't belong.

If this happened at an isolated home without video, would it ever be solved? Scary.

I mentioned someone befriending her for the sole purpose of taking the baby in my first posts about this case.... I think as more details come out we'll learn more about how she came to meet this "friend".
If it turns out to be the person whose name is floating around then Heidi has known that person for 24 years - this is one of her best friends.

My daughter was pregnant with my first grandchild during the Savanna Greywind case. It was so disturbing and heartbreaking to follow along.

My daughter is now pregnant with a little girl. So I've tried not to get too involved in this case. Sometimes these situations hit too close to home. I will never understand how human beings can do these terrible things to each other, especially when children are involved.

My heart goes out to Heidi's loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist