TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned someone befriending her for the sole purpose of taking the baby in my first posts about this case.... I think as more details come out we'll learn more about how she came to meet this "friend".

Discussions from people in the know point away from this and toward a longtime friend. Difficult to fathom.

The body of missing Texas mother Heidi Broussard was found in the trunk of a car at a home where her one-month-old daughter was found alive on Thursday night.

Broussard's body and her healthy baby daughter Margot were discovered after someone, who has not been identified, placed a call to Child Protective Services.

While the medical examiner is yet to make a formal identification on the body, multiple police sources say it is Heidi's, who had been missing with her daughter for a week.

Two people are in custody and are being questioned. It is not yet clear who they are.

Police sources tell CBS Austin that the car Heidi was found in belongs to someone she knows.

Body of missing Texas mom Heidi Broussard is found in trunk of car and her baby is found ALIVE | Daily Mail Online

Rest in peace, Heidi.

So how did LE end up in Houston?

Probably by video of cars entering and leaving the apartment complex. Follow the license plates that don't belong.

If this happened at an isolated home without video, would it ever be solved? Scary.

Hate to say this, but I am guessing there was an awful stench emanating from the home. Perhaps that aided the investigation?

I think the most likely suspect in the disappearance, (Heidi's friend, where the body was found) has a criminal record.
Wait, really? Not sure if this is allowed, but is this "friend" one of the friends that we have seen in the media by any chance?

Missed the last 2 threads after the last closing, but have mostly been caught up.

Confused about one detail, perhaps someone here can explain. The call for an ambulance for the baby was made by a CPS worker? Is that correct? If so, was CPS there prior to LE and they tipped them off or CPS and LE arrived together at the same time or?

(Aside from baby Margo being alive) This ending/scenario is basically worse than anything I could have imagined. Stealing babies after faking a pregnancy is pretty rare, & usually it is complete strangers or someone met in passing (Craigslist ad for baby clothes etc). It's not normally ever a friend....a BEST friend.

Good lord, if you cannot trust your closest friend in the world, who in the world CAN you trust?!

Prayers to the family. RIP Heidi.
This case is going to be one that sticks with me, purely for the ultimate betrayal aspect. Horrifying.
It does appear that CPS were the first ones to have contact with the baby, and then called for an ambulance. We don't know much more than that right now, though.

Being all "I told you so" is 0% helpful. There's a special place somewhere for everyone who lambasted SC on FB. People were so awful over there.

This is straight out of a twisted Lifetime or Oxygen movie. There's a reason LE said very little at that presser...they were already headed in a certain direction. Saying a search wouldn't be helpful, saying there was no POI.

I hope someone sets up a legit fundraiser for SC. He is gonna need all the help he can get.

HOUSTON — Missing Austin mother Heidi Broussard was found dead in a Harris County home and at least one person has been arrested, according to a person familiar with the investigation, ABC News confirmed Friday morning.

Broussard, 33, and her baby Margot Carey had been missing since Dec. 12.

Harris County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed they found a body in a trunk of a vehicle in Houston.

A baby girl believed to be Carey was reportedly found in the home alive, according to ABC affiliate KTRK. Law enforcement found a 1-month-old baby girl in the home who was taken to the hospital to be checked out, but we're told she is reportedly OK. Officials are now working to confirm if the baby is Carey through DNA tests.

Missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard found dead; 1 person arrested in case

Tammy Broussard, Heidi Broussard's mother, said early on Friday that police told her a body found in Jersey Village, Texas, is likely that of her daughter, who has been missing for a week.

She added that police said that the medical examiner still needed to officially confirm the identity of the body found in a car trunk. Granddaughter Margot Carey was found in a home in good condition, police told her.

Police have not publicly confirmed the details Broussard said she was told. They would not comment overnight.

Craig Cummings with the Texas Department of Public Safety earlier told NBC affiliate KPRC of Houston that investigators were at a home in Jersey Village, which is northwest of Houston, in connection with the missing mother and her infant. A close friend of Broussard's lives at the home,
other friends told NBC News.

Missing Texas newborn found alive, mom found dead, family says

Wow, what a turn. This whole thing is beyond what I could have thought up. Incredible. I, too, am trying so hard to not get ahead of the media. Just awful. RIP Heidi, and thank gosh that precious baby is alive!

Actually when Heidi, and Margo first went missing the first thought I had that it would likely be someone who had lured or abducted them both in order to have Margo.

I also felt if they were ever found Heidi would be dead because that is the only way for the offender to get Margo.

I was dumbfounded why the majority only had one possibility they would ever consider when tragically we have seen these kind of cases happen before.

All the information released by LE convinced me they felt her offender had taken her from her home. I heard nothing coming from LE that showed they suspected her fiancee's involvement. My heart breaks for him. Even though he has little miracle Margo he nor Margo will ever have her back to see her grow up.

Sadly, we have gone down this same dangerous road before too many times of grieving family members being falsely accused by the internet masses.. who did not even know them personally nor had any facts to support any of the very hurtful unfounded accusations.

How many times does it have to happen to innocent family members to realize facts, and evidence are required before doing so? Sigh.

It's sad Tricia's reminder was ignored by many causing our mods to have to shutdown threads in order to keep cleaning them up.

This is another stark reminder that no one should ever be accused of any crime based on absolutely nothing.

There are around 3500 adult females murdered each year. Only 33% were killed by SOs.

Heidi's murder will be entered into the statistical data this year under the category where her offender was known to her under the classification of 'acquaintance, coworker, friend or neighbor' etc.

I posted early on I was keeping all possibilities open, but what really happened was at the top of my list. A child as young as little Margo could represent a healthy newborn to the offender. As much as I didnt want that to be the case, but all along it's what made the most logical sense to me anyway ...based on evidence we knew at the scene of their apartment.

What IS shocking about all of this to me is the murderer, and child kidnapper was known as a trusted friend. That truly is the ultimate betrayal to Heidi, Margo, her fiancee, and all of their family members.

May justice be harsh, and swift.

Jmho

Last edited:
By Jessica Willey and Katherine Marchand
Updated 10 minutes ago
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A body found at a northwest Harris County home is believed to be that of missing Austin mother Heidi Broussard, according to sources. An autopsy will likely be performed Friday.

According to records from the medical examiner's office, the body was found in the trunk of a car.

At least one person is in custody.

A 1-month-old girl was found alive inside the same house on Bo Jack Drive near Jersey Village, where officers and agents from the Texas Rangers, Department of Public Safety, FBI and the Austin Police Department searched for hours overnight.

Body believed to be Austin mom found in trunk of car at Houston-area home: Sources

Actually when Heidi, and Margo first went missing the first thought I had that it would likely be someone who had lured or abducted them both in order to have Margo.

I also felt if they were ever found Heidi would be dead because that is the only way for the offender to get Margo.

I was dumbfounded why the majority only had one possibility they would ever consider when tragically we have seen these kind of cases happen before.

All the information released by LE convinced me they felt her offender had taken her from her home. I heard nothing coming from LE that showed they suspected her fiancee's involvement. My heart breaks for him. Even though he has little miracle Margo he nor Margo will ever have her back to see her grow up.

Sadly, we have gone down this same dangerous road before too many times of grieving family members being falsely accused by the internet masses.. who did not even know them personally nor had any facts to support any of the very hurtful unfounded accusations.

How many times does it have to happen to innocent family members to realize facts, and evidence are required before doing so? Sigh.

It's sad Tricia's reminder was ignored by many causing our mods to have to shutdown threads in order to keep cleaning them up.

This is another stark reminder that no one should ever be accused of any crime based on absolutely nothing.

There are around 3500 adult females murdered each year. Only 33% were killed by SOs.

Heidi's murder will be entered into the statistical data this year under the category where her offender was known to her under the classification of 'acquaintance, coworker, friend or neighbor' etc.

I posted early on I was keeping all possibilities open, but what really happened was at the top of my list. A child as young as little Margo could represent a healthy newborn to the offender. As much as I didnt want that to be the case, it's what made the most logical sense to me anyway ...based on evidence we knew at the scene of their apartment.

What is shocking about all of this to me is the murderer, and child kidnapper was known as a trusted friend. That truly is the ultimate betrayal to Heidi, Margo, her fiancee, and all of their family members.

May justice be harsh, and swift.

Jmho

Bolded by me.

Right, that was my point. I am shocked about the trusted friend, not that it wasn't SC.

Many of you are quick to accuse others of accusing SC, when quite a few comments were in regards to trafficking, disappearing on her own, etc.

Last edited:
Sam Brock‏Verified account @SamBrockNBC
Sam Brock Retweeted TODAY

Overnight I spoke with Heidi Broussard’s mother, Tammy. She confirms police told her the body found in a trunk of a Houston property is *almost certainly her daughter*. A devastating ending for a family that was still clinging to hope.

4:37 AM - 20 Dec 2019 from Houston, TX

Wait, really? Not sure if this is allowed, but is this "friend" one of the friends that we have seen in the media by any chance?

It does appear that CPS were the first ones to have contact with the baby, and then called for an ambulance. We don't know much more than that right now, though.

No, this is not any one we have seen talking to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1