TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Alberts, CEO of the Texas Center for the Missing and director of the Houston Regional Amber Plan, said there are very distinct elements of the Broussard case compared to past infant abduction cases nationally. She added that in these cases, the mother is always the one in danger.

From what is known so far about Broussard's case, Alberts said it follows what is known to law enforcement as an "infant abduction" or "baby replacement." She said they're the only types of abductions that are typically done by women.

"When a very young infant is abducted, we often think that possibly it is a scenario called 'infant abduction' or 'baby replacement,'" explained Alberts. "Sometimes, when a newborn child is taken, these are the only abductions that really are done largely at the hands of a woman or perpetrated by a woman. Abductions tend to be male driven crimes."

"Sometimes, a female loses an infant to a miscarriage or death or something and tries to replace the infant with another, very young infant that she can pass off as her own," said Alberts. "That is an unfortunate scenario, and it is a time when the mother is most at risk."

"It used to be more common when people could kind of go in a hospital and take a child and walk away," said Alberts. "But hospitals started putting in security measures to make that impossible now. So fortunately, it's rare, but does still happen."

"It's not usually random. It certainly could be, but no, usually the person has sort of stalked the mother, watched the pregnancy and sometimes befriended the woman to get close to her and basically get access," Alberts said.

5 shocking facts about mom and baby abduction cases, according to experts

What is a 'baby replacement' abduction?

https://abc13.com/news/

I think it is absolutely possible the monster could have done it alone, Heidi sits in the front, holding Margot temporarily while the monster fixes the carrier or whatever in the back. I think it's possible a wire, or nylon cord was used. The sudden surprise at the same time as Heidi holding onto the baby, only using one hand to attempt getting the thing off her neck, it may have happened quickly.

I bet this woman has an online search for best methods as well......

I don't think it happened on arrival in Houston, I'd think Heidi would balk at driving 2 hours away from home...I don't know. Maybe.
I think either in the parking lot itself, or after stopping somewhere more isolated on the pretext to check something in the back seat.

Wondering where she ditched the phone..

I'm going to sign off for now....need to take a walk to calm down

EMQ1RsmWkAEbGak.jpg

KVUE News‏Verified account @KVUE
A friend who spoke to KVUE's @Bryce_Newberry said #HeidiBroussard and Magen Fieramusca met when they were 11 at church camp. Fieramusca is now charged in connection to the #missing #Austin mother's death. STORY: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/heidi-broussard-houston-home-missing-austin-woman/269-f2ddad6d-7f7f-4b70-a304-d41f0cfcbdbb …

2:16 PM - 20 Dec 2019

Wow. I would kill FOR my best friend I met when I was 11! Unbelievable how callous and stupid some people can be.

Important point.

And the thought that he'd make a good father with that (and lots more info out there that I can't put here, but that children should not be around) after the way he neglected to even notice his gf was missing, baffles me.
It is baffling, I thought he hoped she would show up having been with a friend and having just got off work, which is a physical job, he went and took a nap. But I don’t think it was necessarily wrong for people and especially LE to suspect him until cleared.

Last edited:
He’s probably not capable of looking after him right now. I’m sure he’s a mess in his grief! Perhaps also his work schedule is one where he can’t get Silas to school in the AM.
What kind of employer wouldn’t give you time off when your wife was just found murdered and baby kidnapped? That would be a horrible company to work for.

Something I have been considering, in life. Being abusive or a killer are not mutually exclusive. Just because someone is not a murderer, does not mean that they are not still an abuser. Just musing. Sometimes both can be true, and other times just one.
Not to be a PITA (ok, maybe I am one sometimes! :p;)):

I agree with your statements, except the last one. A killer is, by definition, an abuser.

What kind of employer wouldn’t give you time off when your wife was just found murdered and baby kidnapped? That would be a horrible company to work for.
It appeared that he was not working at least for the week afterwards. Not sure about now. He was out in the street, talking to strangers, walking dog during day - in videos and by his words.

Itvi

It is baffling, I thought he hoped she would show up having been with a friend and having just got off work, which is a physical job, he went and took a nap. But I don’t think it was necessarily wrong for people and especially LE to suspect him until cleared.
It would have been wrong not to.

I'm open to think she operated alone, personally.

In the cases of previous baby-snatching ('womb raiders' or women who steal newborns from their parents), has there been a case where the man has been fully informed prior to the event, and been involved, or even caused, the killing himself?

To my memory, the closest we've seen is men who knew after the fact and were negligent with the information, not informing LE; those who have been ignorant and seemed to fully believe their partner had been pregnant and given birth, no matter how many clues there were against that; and even those who have been suspicious, but not enough to call LE about the situation.

But I don't remember right now a man and woman both killing a mum for the baby, or a man knowing about the plan and really helping their partner during the actual killing, even if only to restrain/threaten the parent.

This, the calculated long term planning, the cold-blooded nature of events (strangulation, leaving Heidi's body in a car trunk right on their property, betrayal of a fabricated friendship) and the fact that LE are still investigating in multiple cities, makes me wonder if the motive was actually wanting a child to raise. Could this still turn out to be a scheme to sell this sweet little baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho