TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the mask certainly came off this demon’s face over the years, didn’t it? I don’t recall knowing anyone whose physical appearance changed so drastically from mid 20s to early 30s. I’m not talking about weight gain here, but her face looks completely different now.

It is quite drastic. I assumed she gained weight to try to make the "pregnancy" seem more real and maybe she has some hormonal imbalance. MOO

I followed the Anthony case extensively. Someone answered my question with ETHER, which might work. Another person had the idea of friend bringing Heidi her fav coffee with Rohypnol. We don't know how long the friend was there before the abduction. It wouldn't have to be totally instant, in fact, it might be best if Heidi could groggily walk.
This could actually happen!

"One of the charges is abuse of a corpse. I guess I don't know what that means."

It means they can keep Megan for a longer period of time, with a high enough bail before the County DA can file Capital Murder Charges against her.

Morticians are licensed by the state, so I am guessing any transportation of a corpse by an unlicensed driver/business can be looked upon as a felony. In this tragedy, it is used to keep Megan in jail indefinitely before filing a complex capital murder case.
The same process was used in the Maleah Davis case. Derrick Vence was charged with abuse of a corpse also. He's still in jail and I'm not sure if he's ever been charged with her murder.

I’m just a little curious about if this MF just showed up at her Houston home and said, “Surprise! I had the baby!” When? That morning? When was the last time her SO had seen her? I wonder if this is what happened and SO finally opened his news app and was like, “Hey your BF and her baby are missing!” <insert lightbulb moment here> And he calls in a tip. I wonder if MF laid low for a few days after Austin to create a more believable (by a day or so) birth scenario?

Thank you, Steelslady. She was a beautiful little girl, one of the prettiest I've seen. As an adult she had a lot of issues but we did not expect this, of course. Her late father was NYPD, and she had saved his nightstick as a cherished memento.

None of us are over this and never will be. Our situation, Heidi's situation, and all of these on Websleuths, remind me of the Bible verse, "the heart is deceitful and wicked, who could know it?"

This is my first day on Websleuths and I'm so happy I've joined. I'm learning so much. I had friends in high school, Mitch and Bonnie, who disappeared in 1973 and have still not been found. Websleuths having a forum for them, and for other freezing cold cases, is why I love and respect this site.
What a shame to hear this and how sad that she used something sentimental of her Dad's to harm her own mother and grandmother.

Unfortunately, these tragic and traumatic events in our lives do leave a permanent impression. Especially when it happens out of the blue and so very unexpected- I just bet poor Heidi never saw this coming, like many victims of such an act. Who expects their best friend from teen years to plot and go through with such an event- obviously, this was planned for several months, not just an on the spur of the moment thing, which makes it even worse, because no one knew it was coming. Not Heidi, not Shane, not Heidi's or Shane's family or other friends had a clue just how sick this woman was. Can we even begin to imagine the third best friend, who also met both Heidi and MF at that same summer camp, feels right now? How one devastating and traumatic act can mess with your mind, for the rest of your life. I feel for their other friend, who probably is beyond devastation right now. To think MF was in daily contact with her about Heidi, to think MF even had Tim Miller convinced that Shane was involved! All that time, she had the baby, and Heidi's deceased body in the trunk of her car.

I am sorry about your friends Mitch and Bonnie- hopefully one day, you and their families and other friends will get answers as to what happened to them and that they are found.

Welcome to Websleuth's by the way- great to have you with us.

Last edited:
Yes but how did she get alone with the baby in order to have this conversation? This is all just blowing my mind.
Exactly. I guess if I get really creative I can think of some scenarios where this could have happened in one of the locations they were all in within a day or two of Margo's birth (basically the hospital or the apartment), but it's hard. Maybe HB was in the shower and she had entrusted MF to hold the baby. But still...someone could have overheard, especially at the hospital, where staff are trained to keep an eye on the people surrounding a newborn and to report anything that seems off, and I think Mom's best friend bragging that the baby is hers on the phone would qualify. I think that FaceTime call took some next-level confidence or some deep crazy.

I believe they said in today's pc that it would take 48-72 hours.
Can anyone confirm?
Logan police used the machines while investigating Lizzy Shelley’s disappearance, and matched the girl’s DNA to blood found on a knife that allegedly belonged to Whipple, in addition to blood on his watch and sweatshirt, court documents say. Whipple’s DNA also was linked to a beer can found near a wooded area where investigators located the knife and Shelley’s discarded clothing.

They did this just 96 hours after the girl disappeared — and before officers had found her body. Whipple has been charged with aggravated murder and other counts.
Rapid DNA machines have the potential to change policing, but not everyone in Utah is on board

The new rapid DNA tests are fast!!

Yeah, here’s a good article about it.

Chloroform has been featured in crime fiction since the 19th century, but in those pulpy publications it’s erroneously presented as an instantaneous “knockout drug,” often applied via soaked rag in an alleyway ambush. In reality, chloroform-induced sedation requires careful and continuous dosing, says Nathan Lents, forensic biologist and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

How Chloroform Has Been Used to Murder Over the Last 25 Years
I don't think I'll be needing this info any time soon. :)

I’m just a little curious about if this MF just showed up at her Houston home and said, “Surprise! I had the baby!” When? That morning? When was the last time her SO had seen her? I wonder if this is what happened and SO finally opened his news app and was like, “Hey your BF and her baby are missing!” <insert lightbulb moment here> And he calls in a tip. I wonder if MF laid low for a few days after Austin to create a more believable (by a day or so) birth scenario?
I'm wondering about all this too. I think it is central to the question of whether her BF is complicit. I'd sure like to know where MF was in the last week.

... DBM

Last edited:
Well the mask certainly came off this demon’s face over the years, didn’t it? I don’t recall knowing anyone whose physical appearance changed so drastically from mid 20s to early 30s. I’m not talking about weight gain here, but her face looks completely different now.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism when I was 28 and the same thing happened to me over the years - minus the hair loss. But face changed, skin, weight, all sorts of horrible symptoms. But it didn’t make me a psycho, baby snatching best friend murderer.

moo

At 66 years old, a sometimes follower of crime.
I honestly believe that there is evil that truly masquerades as Normal.
Of course this awful crime so recent and so personal for the victims is shattering.
Another horrific crime is the brutal murdering of the entire McStay family by their friend who bashed in the heads of two tiny boys, their Mother and Father while they were forced to watch.
ALL crimes that we discuss here are difficult for me.
Heart wrenching actually.
I will never understand how or why, innocent people are targeted and brutally killed by people they trust and let into their family circle.
Crazed, drugged out stranger killers are horrible.
Will locking our doors help?
People you know and interact with daily.
What is that?
Possessed Devils?
Is Good against Evil real?
At 66 years of intelligence. My answer is a resounding yes.

I agree but were does one buy a roofie? I don't know if I am dence or just sheltered. This I blowing my mind.
You can find out anything on the internet. How to make roofies I bet. Buy the ingredients, from the internet. You can even learn how to make a bomb these days.
I would love to see that crazed murderer's search history. I bet that LE have a hold of that as we speak.

I am told you can order them on line. I've never tried to see if it's true.

According to the Reddit folks (I know, I know; but what respectable legit source would write this out?), any old benzodiazepam ("downer") would do the trick.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3em7xi/eli5_how_to_rapists_acquire_roofies/

It is quite drastic. I assumed she gained weight to try to make the "pregnancy" seem more real and maybe she has some hormonal imbalance. MOO

Yeah, that's what I thought too, she decided she needed to be eating for two. :rolleyes::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho