TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't possibly catch up....but I was thinking that as a way to get HB down to her car, what if MF has one of those realistic baby dolls in a baby seat and told HB she had her baby and wanted to show her. The "baby" would be conveniently asleep so HB might get into the car to chat so MF didn't have to carry the car seat and baby up three flights. Once she was in the car, MF could have threatened her in some way, and drove off with HB and her baby? Too farfetched?

the entire event is far fetched. I think we’ll never know the specifics. The only person that can tell us is not believable. Jmo

The quote from TM’s interview about MF saying that their conversation that morning about HB having trouble breastfeeding really stands out, could be nothing, shoot I’m scared to infer anything out of any statement anymore but kwim..

I’m sure you guys have already discussed the breastfeeding thing at length..

My point is I just had a question and it’s bugging me to death...there was an old movie about a woman who breastfeeds a baby she kidnapped. Was that Rebecca Dermornay in “Hand That Rocks The Cradle”, or am I thinking of another movie?

Last edited:
The quote from TM’s interview about MF saying that their conversation that morning about HB having trouble breastfeeding really stands out, could be nothing, shoot I’m scared to infer anything out of any statement anymore but kwim..

My point is I just had a question and it’s bugging me to death...there was an old movie about a woman who breast feeds a kidnapped baby, was that Rebecca Dermornay in “Hand That Rocks The Cradle”, or am I thinking of another movie?

Yes, that is the movie where Rebecca de Mornay nurses the new baby. The child's mother actually hires RDM as a live-in nanny for the child.

My point is I just had a question and it’s bugging me to death...there was an old movie about a woman who breast feeds a kidnapped baby, was that Rebecca Dermornay in “Hand That Rocks The Cradle”, or am I thinking of another movie?

YES .... you are correct!!! That was a great SCARY movie!!

I can't possibly catch up....but I was thinking that as a way to get HB down to her car, what if MF has one of those realistic baby dolls (I think they are called reborn dolls) in a baby seat and told HB she had her baby and wanted to show her. The "baby" would be conveniently asleep so HB might get into the car to chat so MF didn't have to carry the car seat and baby up three flights. Once she was in the car (without my baby in a car seat) MF could have threatened her in some way, and drove off with HB and her baby? Too farfetched?

Nothing is too far-fetched here, IMO. And those dolls look soooo real. Easy then for MF to exchange fake baby for real baby for the long ride. Getting to see a "great" friend's baby for the first time is absolutely a reason I'd carry my baby down to meet a friend in a car. She could have said she was in the area for x,y,z... baby was asleep, don't want to disturb her, oh, and I have something for you in my trunk that I shouldn't lift...it's all so awful to imagine.

Remember how Patrick Frazee tricked Kelsey into getting blindfolded under the guise they were going to play a name-that-candle-scent game? That whole scenario was particularly messed up, the fact that here she was trusting him while he was about to take her freaking life.

Something tells me that MF didn’t suddenly ambush HB. She’d had 9 months to come up with a plan, and had even been at Margo’s birth so poor HB must’ve trusted her basically with anything. There are countless scenarios that could’ve played out that made sense for HB to go with her willingly. I tend to think it was a sort of very rushed fake emergency situation, and that’s why Heidi’s purse was in the car still and unlocked. It may have had to do with HB’s pretend baby being injured or possibly at a nearby hospital and she needed her immediately for emotional support. They may have argued briefly in the apartment because HB wanted to grab Margo’s car seat and HB might’ve been snappy and insisting there was no time for that, she could just use her fake baby’s car seat that was already in the car.

That’s as far as I can get with that theory though. Because it appears that Heidi’s phone was shut off and I think that would’ve happened early on, before they could be tracked to the scene of the crime, wherever it was to happen. It seems like Heidi was likely controlled by *something* in that car, whether it be that MF quickly incapacitated her, or something else. I can’t imagine MF being able to keep HB from grabbing the steering wheel or rolling down the window and screaming, unless it was something as lethal as a gun. It leads me more to think she either immediately incapacitated HB somehow, OR she had a really good, believable reason for Heidi to be unsuspecting until she was at the scene of the crime (where she was put or ordered into the trunk and strangled).

The phone, though. It was off at 1:40 but do we know it was off prior to that? I’m kind of thinking MF was waiting for her in the parking lot when she arrived home from the book fair because that could explain the purse in the car and it being unlocked. So I wonder what time her phone was actually turned off. I can’t imagine any reason (except one off the top of my head) that HB would willingly turn her phone off. Maybe MF said she took her baby with her to score some drugs and something went wrong and needed her help to get her baby back but needed Heidi to shut off her phone so it couldn’t be tracked in case something went down with her dealer nobody would know they’d gone there. BUT THAT IS PREPOSTEROUS lol. So, I’m pretty convinced it was shut down deliberately by MF. I’m just surprised that HB wouldn’t have told SC that something urgent had come up and where she was going with MF if she was going anywhere urgent and still had control of her phone at first. Pretty sure it was not a long trip to Austin or she would’ve told him for sure IMO.

Sorry, I’m just kinda thinking out loud here but this case is so puzzling.

I also don’t get why MF would tell people the baby she was supposedly expecting was a boy IF she knew that HB was having a girl. In this day and age I think it’s rare to not want to know the gender, but it’s possible that HB and SC wanted to be surprised. But if that were the case I would’ve thought evil, plotting MF would’ve said “I want to be surprised too” rather than guess, and be wrong. But who knows how these sick sociopaths really think?

All that said, if Heidi were incapacitated from the get go kinda seems more likely I guess. Because MF knew HB completely trusted her and she had 9 months to plan out something plausible to get HB to go with her willingly. Then again, maybe she did but soon had to go with a backup plan because HB wasn’t cooperating like she thought she would.

Time will tell if we ever get the truth about details like these. In the meantime I feel like I’m losing my mind trying to figure it out. Such a brutal, tragic case with the bittersweet ending of baby Margo being found alive.

Here's a link about breastfeeding a baby when you have not just given birth yourself. In this context, it's beyond chilling: Breastfeeding Your Adopted Baby

Bleaching does a number on the hair as well.
Yes it does! (yikes, personal experience). When she was blonde the blonde actually looked smoother and healthier than her natural which was growing out thin and fuzzy looking. For her, the color and conditioning helped tremendously! Regular salon visits (when I was blonde) made my hair look so much healthier than when I was doing it at home. Nowadays, I embrace the grey!

I think MF coveted HB's baby, nothing more. I don't think SC was a "prize" bull. JMHO
I don't know if this theory has been discussed, but is it possible that MF was obsessed with HB? Wanted to take her away from SC and raise Margo together? And after HB rejected her, she was killed in a jealous rage? I know how ridiculous it might sound, but I don't think it's anymore ridiculous than any other theory. Maybe she hadn't planned to kill HB at all, instead ride off into the sunset with her and the baby. (It's possible I've seen too many movies.)

So do y’all think it’s possible she acted alone? How did Heidi end up in the trunk? Was she capable of doing that? I guess anyone is but there’s a lot to think through here. How did she incapacitate Heidi, how did she get her in the car in the first place, how much is on video, did they track down this woman via her cell phone....
Ok, here is a theory that's been mulling around in my old brain all day today. This is just a theory! So MF is in contact with HB that morning. MF lets HB know that she's in town for whatever reason and asks HB if she can run by for a few minutes. Maybe to see Margo, or maybe to show off her "new baby" (depending on what she's told HB). MF tells HB she doesn't have much time but would really like to see her. I can see HB just grabbing keys and phone to run down to the car for a few minutes, and not taking the carrier because it would just be in the way. Once HB gets in the car, she is incapacitated, possibly by a stun gun, maybe a taser, anything to incapacitate her long enough to get out of the parking lot. Maybe she had to use whatever a couple of times before she got somewhere isolated so she could do her dirty deed. She parks, gets in the backseat and strangles HB from the back. Then all she has to do is lay the seat back and no one would be the wiser. MF could have stopped after the initial stun to put Margo in car seat. As I understand it, and I could definitely be wrong, but the vehicle HB got into with Margo is not the same vehicle in which her body was found so not sure how transfer would have gone down. Anyway, it's just a theory and since I've been sick with bronchitis for the last 4 days and have been taking a ton of meds, this may not make sense to anyone but me LOL.
MOO

The more I read this, the more I think this is the local fire department who was called to the scene by CPS to make sure the child was in good health. I am wondering if Arizpe actually said that a call from CPS "prompted the investigative activity." I'm thinking that was the writer of the article's interpretation.

JMO, I think Arizpe likely said/meant that a call from CPS promoted the fire department to the scene for a child's medical evaluation.

I believe Det Herries corroborated Arizpe statement at the presser. I linked this presser passage earlier -- (excellent presser transcription by a member).

In law enforcement terms, a "welfare check" means to go to an area to check on the safety or well-being of a person. Officers will then report back with their findings. In this case, I think Arizpe told CPS what they observed and CPS requested the infant be transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation.

Also - the Cy-Fair VFD serves a specific portion of Harris County-- probably out of necessity and where they probably pick up the slack for things not typical in other jurisdictions. Their website cites they are one of the largest VFD/EMS in the country.

MOO

I can't imagine HB coming out to the car without the baby carrier if she knew that MF was in labor and they were going to the hospital.

I think MF likely phoned or texted HB from the apartment car park and asked her to come down to the car. I think it was intended to be something as quick as BF handing MF some money that she even left the apartment door open, and went out with nothing but the baby and her phone in her pocket. Somehow MF obviously got HB to get inside the vehicle with her.

MOO
Tim Miller mentioned that MF even helped Heidi out at home after Margo’s birth. Maybe MF intentionally left something behind during her stay, so that she would have a convenient excuse to return for it at a later date.

I'm leaning to MF having drugged Heidi with a very strong sedative or whatever, in a drink or coffee she was soooo thoughtful to give her while sitting in the car chatting. Nothing physical and risky should somebody walk by or look out a window. As soon as poor Heidi became disoriented or keeled over in the seat.....off they went.
I want to know what this women's online search history is. I bet experts are digging into that as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelliWard