TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that true even if bio-Dad and Mom were living together and raising the child together? But if they had made it official w/a marriage certificate bio-dad would automatically be able to keep the child?

I’m glad they are making sure Margo will be in a safe home, but that does seem a little screwed up to me.

Yup. Also seems every State has their own criteria and my hypothetical for Texas based on the following KHOU video at link:

What will happen to Margot Carey, Heidi Broussard’s newborn daughter?

Jessica Willey‏Verified account @ImJessicaWilley

BREAKING: The baby girl found at the home on Bo Jack last week is being reunited with family tonight, per CPS. The state is no longer seeking temporary custody of her. Her father is picking up Margot tonight, says a relative. https://abc13.com/mother-of-murdered-austin-mom-on-suspect-i-was-uneasy-with-her/5780872/ … #abc13

3:44 PM - 23 Dec 2019

ETA: IMO, I believe SC had to agree to some specific conditions for the state to reverse their position and I think his dad played a big part here.
What kind of conditions?

Hopefully, a lot of friends have come forward that they knew and loved Heidi. So many of them are at her vigil tonight. Surely some of them can step up and help Shane out and still show Heidi, in heaven, that she is loved by helping in taking care of her precious daughter. JMO
Maybe in the future Shane will want to get out of TX & can move closer to the B’s. Get a fresh start. I know his dad is in Austin but possibly they can work things out.
Is Shane’s mom alive?

Last edited:
What kind of conditions?
That reference is a personal opinion of Ms. Willey. As a matter of standard procedure CPS just has to ensure the home is adequately set up for the baby, they did that this morning if I'm not mistaken, there was absolutely no issue.

On another note in general. I feel some people felt CPS was keeping baby Margot away based on exaggerated claims from some people on social media. That is Not the case. The fact is in a unique case such as this, the suspect claimed the baby was hers. When the baby was removed from the residence, it is law to immediately have CPS take the child until all is straightened out. The DNA was more so to rule out that MF claims being the mother were False. Shane is the father. The Shane 'dissenters' twisted it (the DNA issue) to their advantage. The Broussard/Carey families are solid united with each other.

Last edited:
Is that true even if bio-Dad and Mom were living together and raising the child together? But if they had made it official w/a marriage certificate bio-dad would automatically be able to keep the child?

I’m glad they are making sure Margo will be in a safe home, but that does seem a little screwed up to me.
He has to prove paternity which may have already been done. This is not state specific, but it appears to be the same in Texas.
Child Residence and Custody: Death of Custodial Parent | LegalMatch

That reference is a personal opinion of Ms. Willey. As a matter of standard procedure CPS just has to ensure the home is adequately set up for the baby, they did that this morning if I'm not mistaken, there was absolutely no issue.

On another note in general. I feel some people felt CPS was keeping baby Margot away based on exaggerated claims from some people on social media. That is Not the case. The fact is in a unique case such as this, the suspect claimed the baby was hers. When the baby was removed from the residence, it is law to immediately have CPS take the child until all is straightened out. The DNA was more so to rule out that MF claims being the mother were False. The Shane 'dissenters' twisted it (the DNA issue) to their advantage. The Broussard/Carey families are solid united with each other.
Is it Ms Willey's opinion that there are conditions or member Seattle1?

Things have changed drastically since my daughter was born - only my husband was allowed - now friends can hold up your knees.

This is disturbing, I wonder if MF was planning to do this at the hospital and figured out security was too tight.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. She watched the miracle of birth and that didn't stop her plan. I can't help but think MF might have been hoping she could take the baby right from the hospital. I don't know how many births she attended, maybe she thought it'd be easy. MF left the hospital room suddenly? She could've read about newer hospital security measures, but she might have been looking for the opportunity. She manipulated people and situations with no fear. What she eventually did, taking Heidi and Margo from the apartment complex, was fearless because there was no stopping her.

Best Friend of Slain Tx. Mom Held Her Hand During Birth — and Now She's Accused of Kidnapping Baby

BBM/JMO

"Heidi Broussard: Mystery man claims HE is the father of newborn baby abducted by mother’s alleged ‘close friend’ [Report]

Heidi Broussard: Mystery man claims HE is the father of newborn baby abducted by mother’s alleged ‘close friend’ [Report]

"Ty Carey, the father of Broussard’s fiance, Shane Carey, said during a Monday night vigil that baby Margot is scheduled to return home to Shane Carey tonight. According to Ty Carey, hospital records confirmed the infant’s identity. DNA test results are still pending.

Children’s Protective Services is no longer seeking temporary custody of the infant, according to ABC 13."

Margot is going home to Shane, she has his last name, but paternity still has not been established because DNA test results are still pending. At least she will be with family over Christmas and not in foster care because even though foster care is necessary, Heidi's family deserves to spend Christmas all together with baby included.

CPS obviously had some reservations that took until late evening for SC/family to overcome and/or meet certain criteria being used to delay placement. Details over minors/family court are typically not public record. I don't expect we will learn anymore. MOO
So you're not sure what conditions SC must have met to get Margo?

I'm wondering if it was a monetary requirement or a verbal promise or something else.

Jessica Willey‏Verified account @ImJessicaWilley

BREAKING: The baby girl found at the home on Bo Jack last week is being reunited with family tonight, per CPS. The state is no longer seeking temporary custody of her. Her father is picking up Margot tonight, says a relative. https://abc13.com/mother-of-murdered-austin-mom-on-suspect-i-was-uneasy-with-her/5780872/ … #abc13

3:44 PM - 23 Dec 2019

ETA: IMO, I believe SC had to agree to some specific conditions for the state to reverse their position and cancel Friday's hearing -- and I think his dad played a big part here.
Bet he's putting the pedal to the metal. I know I would.

CPS obviously had some reservations that took until late evening for SC/family to overcome and/or meet certain criteria being used to delay placement. Details over minors/family court are typically not public record. I don't expect we will learn anymore. MOO
If I'm not mistaken the baby was in Houston because that's where it was taken into their welfare. Once all the paperwork cleared earlier today, Shane along with Heidi's parents have had to drive 2.5 hours to Houston to get Margot and then return. The baby is being released directly to Shane. There is nothing mysterious about that.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. She watched the miracle of birth and that didn't stop her plan. I can't help but think MF might have been hoping she could take the baby right from the hospital. I don't know how many births she attended, maybe she thought it'd be easy. MF left the hospital room suddenly? She could've read about newer hospital security measures, but she might have been looking for the opportunity. She manipulated people and situations with no fear. What she eventually did, taking Heidi and Margo from the apartment complex, was fearless because there was no stopping her.

Best Friend of Slain Tx. Mom Held Her Hand During Birth — and Now She's Accused of Kidnapping Baby

BBM/JMO
IMO, the craziest/most sociopathic aspect of this is MF sitting there all week, with Margo in a baby swing, chatting away to friends about her missing BFF who's dead and rotting in the driveway.

Not even the kidnapping and alleged murder disturbs me as much.

The state has to have a reason to remove a child from its home. They can't just swoop in anytime a parent is incapacitated or dies.

Last edited:
IMO, the craziest/most sociopathic aspect of this is MF sitting there all week, with Margo in a baby swing, chatting away to friends about her missing BFF who's dead and rotting in the driveway.

Not even the kidnapping and alleged murder disturbs me as much.
Shane's best friend Mike had an interview last night I listened and it was pretty good. He said in the interview that MF had also been in touch with Shane prior to being caught pretending to be so concerned on where Heidi might be. (not sure if I can post link - this it was with a youtuber called: The Critical Kay) it's 49 minutes long. Gave a lot of insight into what was happening behind the scenes for Shane and LE.

On another note in general. I feel some people felt CPS was keeping baby Margot away based on exaggerated claims from some people on social media. That is Not the case. The fact is in a unique case such as this, the suspect claimed the baby was hers. When the baby was removed from the residence, it is law to immediately have CPS take the child until all is straightened out. The DNA was more so to rule out that MF claims being the mother were False. Shane is the father. The Shane 'dissenters' twisted it (the DNA issue) to their advantage. The Broussard/Carey families are solid united with each other.
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member