FEATURED Help Find Marvin "Rusty" Holderman/ Police Reached out to Websleuths, 2008?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is absolutely Rusty. I put the faces over each other, faded them out, and it is a perfect match.

I wonder if Hayward St would be able to give any info about how to find him? Only thing is, I'm not sure if this man's story matches up with the missing Rusty:
Rusty tells me about two marriages and four kids. He tells me about living on the streets since 2001. He tells me about prison, six months of it and how sometimes God puts all these tough folk around you so that you can learn to love them. He tells me that you have to let the things you love go and see what comes back. I wait to hear the part of his story where it all comes back, but either it hasn’t yet or that’s the part of the story he’s keeping for himself.
http://haywoodstreet.org/rusty/
I can't recall now was Rusty Holderman married twice with 4 kids? When did he start living homeless? The last part of that quote about "letting things go and see what comes back" is giving me chills though. What if it is him and he is just waiting for his family to try to find him? What if he just wants to know they care? :(

As a suggestion, I would let LE call the center. Rusty (if it’s him), might disappear if he thinks people are trying to pin him down. He might be frightened, or embarrassed. This reunification will have to be handled delicately, and by people who have experience with this type of process.

Yes they are very very similar, especially the mouth and beard. But look at the ears. I feel the ears in the black and white photo stick out more. Nevertheless I would send it in.

Ears get bigger as men age. So do noses though. My only doubt is the Hayward St Rusty's nose looks a little smaller than the old photo of Rusty H. But they look so similar this needs to be checked into. It would be amazing if Rusty is found alive!

As a suggestion, I would let LE call the center. Rusty (if it’s him), might disappear if he thinks people are trying to pin him down. He might be frightened, or embarrassed. This reunification will have to be handled delicately, and by people who have experience with this type of process.

Yes, good idea. I hope the detective runs it down and I hope the shelter can help.

Absolutely let the detective handle any contact with a missing person. That is not our place. We just find them! ;)

I wonder if Hayward St would be able to give any info about how to find him? Only thing is, I'm not sure if this man's story matches up with the missing Rusty:

I can't recall now was Rusty Holderman married twice with 4 kids? When did he start living homeless? The last part of that quote about "letting things go and see what comes back" is giving me chills though. What if it is him and he is just waiting for his family to try to find him? What if he just wants to know they care? :(

BBM. I haven't been following, but stumbled on this thread because Haywood Street is local for me. Wouldn't it be awesome if this is the right Rusty? He sounds like he wants to be found.

Wouldn't that just be something else if the Rusty in the video is this Rusty. Man, I hope so.

BBM. I haven't been following, but stumbled on this thread because Haywood Street is local for me. Wouldn't it be awesome if this is the right Rusty? He sounds like he wants to be found.
I agree. The quoted comment of "you have to let the things you love go and see what comes back" tells me he is waiting for someone to "care". :(

I contacted Detective Hess twice about this find and sent him my little video clip. No response as of yet. BlkMtnGirl, have you ever seen this guy around that area or visited that church? If so, please snap a pic and PM me so I can forward it to the detective.

I agree. The quoted comment of "you have to let the things you love go and see what comes back" tells me he is waiting for someone to "care". :(

I contacted Detective Hess twice about this find and sent him my little video clip. No response as of yet. BlkMtnGirl, have you ever seen this guy around that area or visited that church? If so, please snap a pic and PM me so I can forward it to the detective.
Nope, Asheville’s pretty big. So, it wouldn’t be likely to just see him hanging out. I’m gonna give it some thought on who I might know who might know someone who might know a thing or two. Haha.

Gardener, thank you for the initial Haywood Street post. In my opinion, this is Rusty. I am attaching the mini overlay of his missing persons picture over the gray haywood st pic. Once in place, the colored pic is then faded out. As you can see, they match up PERFECTLY! This is our Rusty. https://videos.files.wordpress.com/90OXccIh/rusty_1_dvd.mp4

Here's a blog post by a student who interacted with a homeless man named Rusty who said he had been living in a tent in Asheville for 7 years: http://blogs.missouristate.edu/immersion/2017/03/16/1044/

It's a Missouri Blog and mentions Springfield so at first I thought she meant somewhere in MO but I could not find an Asheville, MO. The church she mentions is in Asheville, NC and has programs for the homeless: http://haywoodstreet.org/2013/07/respite/

The idea of "walking on broken glass" is brilliant, and does play into the religious angle.

Back on to the Haywood Street shelter... what do you think of this guy named Rusty? Too young?

attachment.php

cache.php

Wow. Eyes are about the same distance apart, nose is the same shape, curly hair and named Rusty. Send that to the detective!

Gardener, thank you for the initial Haywood Street post. In my opinion, this is Rusty. I am attaching the mini overlay of his missing persons picture over the gray haywood st pic. Once in place, the colored pic is then faded out. As you can see, they match up PERFECTLY! This is our Rusty. https://videos.files.wordpress.com/90OXccIh/rusty_1_dvd.mp4
Whoa! I have to agree with you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

GigTu, please tell me you turned this over to the police?

This looks EXACTLY like him.

GREAT JOB

GigTu, please tell me you turned this over to the police?

This looks EXACTLY like him.

GREAT JOB
Yes, I sent it to the detective. I was just reading through the thread, and I saw that there is a death certificate for him, that was part of a property & $$ estate claim. I cant find it (D certificate) however. Rusty may not care, but he might. Gardener found Haywood Street, and I followed up just to see if he had been attending church or still going by "Preacher". We are a great team!

That looks exactly like him! Great job! Now let’s see how it plays out. From experience here, sometimes we never really know how the story ends. I hope this time we do, and I hope it’s a very happy ending.

The detective many be acting on it for all we know. I'm hoping that since the detective is the one who approached Tricia for help, he will follow up one way or the other. I haven't gotten any real feedback and he is a very busy man so I hope this doesn't sit in limbo too long. Either way, for my own peace of mind I am happy to learn that Rusty is alive and seemingly doing just fine.

The detective many be acting on it for all we know. I'm hoping that since the detective is the one who approached Tricia for help, he will follow up one way or the other. I haven't gotten any real feedback and he is a very busy man so I hope this doesn't sit in limbo too long. Either way, for my own peace of mind I am happy to learn that Rusty is alive and seemingly doing just fine.

And he *does* look like he is fine. As a matter of fact, he looks clear eyed and a sight better than the first picture. I'm hopeful that this will indeed, be a happy ending/new beginning for Rusty. It looks like he has earned it.

All I did is google for stories about homeless men named Rusty-- you found the picture GigTu. And that video is amazing. If it's not him, he has a twin! I really hope we hear from the detective on this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back