Help us find "The Human Fly". This is Websleuths' chance to show law enforcement what we can do!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Calgary was the site of our first Canadian Tiny Homes project for Homeless Veterans through the Homes For Heros Foundation.

The Calgary Tiny Homes Village for Homeless Veterans is located in Forest Lawn in Calgary. I think it would be worth a visit to post up some fliers, make inquiries and get word onto the street through the Veteran Community.

Fantastic. I have emailed them as couldn't get through on the numbers on the site. The Calgary one doesn't seem to connect.

EXCITING DEVELOPMENT

I was passed the details of a chap called Steve from Toronto by Dotr. I spoke to Steve and it turns out he was the guy in the suit for the majority of The Fly's appearances, but for the stunts, Rick Rojatte switched out with him. So we have found 50% of our story. He did not spend any time with Rick nor does he have any clue where he might be. He does now work with people down on their luck and addicts, so he did say he would love to try to help Rick access if he is in fact homeless.
He is a great character and is very open to being involved in the film. Thank you so much Dotr, really fantastic development. I am going to do another more detailed chat with Steve soon, so I will update here if there is any more information which could help us track down Rick. Thank you all !!!

EXCITING DEVELOPMENT

I was passed the details of a chap called Steve from Toronto by Dotr. I spoke to Steve and it turns out he was the guy in the suit for the majority of The Fly's appearances, but for the stunts, Rick Rojatte switched out with him. So we have found 50% of our story. He did not spend any time with Rick nor does he have any clue where he might be. He does now work with people down on their luck and addicts, so he did say he would love to try to help Rick access if he is in fact homeless.
He is a great character and is very open to being involved in the film. Thank you so much Dotr, really fantastic development. I am going to do another more detailed chat with Steve soon, so I will update here if there is any more information which could help us track down Rick. Thank you all !!!
Oh wow, what a great development! @dotr, that is awesome you were able to make that connection and pass it on to LucyAstro. It amazes me what some Websleuthes members can do, I'm in awe! I can't wait to hear more!

'Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, and I have no idea if this is truthful (as anyone can say anything online), but... in 2012, someone with initials BIK posted on a blog.

@Sumner: Fantastic find–thanks for sharing. Love that detail about how The Human Fly’s legs looked after being flown through a hailstorm
He changed his name to George Patrick and lives in tent in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia.

'Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, and I have no idea if this is truthful (as anyone can say anything online), but... in 2012, someone with initials BIK posted on a blog.

@Sumner: Fantastic find–thanks for sharing. Love that detail about how The Human Fly’s legs looked after being flown through a hailstorm
He changed his name to George Patrick and lives in tent in Fairmount Park in Philadelphia.

I would love to find out where @sumner got that name and info from ... I have written in the comments, but so long ago no idea if it would alert them.

The Royal Canadian Legion didn't use to honour Canadians who fought in the Vietnam war, but that changed in 1994.

From: http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vol15/no3/eng/PDF/CMJ153Ep48.pdf

In fact, only since the mid-1990s have these veterans possessed the basic consent from the Royal Canadian Legion (following decades of refusals and alleged hostility) to seek legion membership and participate in remembrance parades as a unit.

Rick strikes me as the affable type who would love swapping tales with other vets over a pint or so, and the Legion closest to 4th Street and 5th Avenue SW in Calgary might be a great warm spot to wile away the hours for a homeless, panhandler. The RCL Branch #1 in downtown Calgary is at 116 7 Ave SE, Calgary, and is only about a 6 minute walk from 4th and 5th.

Do you know if there is a conclusive way to find out if Rick is alive? Our PI did some checks but just want to be sure that Rick is still with us. Obviously, he was homeless and/or could have been going by a different name so hard to be sure.

I think as mentioned above a few times a boots-on-the-ground approach would be best. Might anyone have any suggestions of the right person to hire to do this? The PI had a go but didn't turn up anything really. Perhaps a local journalist? Who could offer a reward for information? Perhaps this would help the homeless community spread the word.

WOW. I am so impressed. You all are doing a fantastic job!
Tonight (Wed) join us on the Websleuths livestream as we welcome the woman who is putting this documentary together Lucy Wallace.
We go live at 10:30 Eastern. If you want to join us on the panel and tell us how you became involved please do so. Click on the link below and that will take you to the YouTube channel. Tonight in the chat I will pin the link that will take you backstage.
See you tonight at 10:30 PM Eastern

Just something I noticed in the article linked below

It says:

"How would you identify yourself?
Eternal Optimist. I’m a Leo so that’s why even sitting on the corner here as a guy who panhandles for a living, at this point in my life, I tell people straight up. I have got the new teeth now, because they were bad and that made life difficult for me for a while."

If he is a Leo, than his birthday would be between July 23 and August 23.

MOO

So I've been trying to figure out what happens with homeless people when they pass away in Calgary.

I see that each year on Dec 21, the City holds a memorial and their names are listed, it looks like first name only. Thought I'd link the site here as I continue to see if I can find any more info.

The Longest Night YYC

"The Longest Night of the Year is a memorial service to remember those who’ve lost their lives to homelessness in Calgary."

So I've been trying to figure out what happens with homeless people when they pass away in Calgary.

I see that each year on Dec 21, the City holds a memorial and their names are listed, it looks like first name only. Thought I'd link the site here as I continue to see if I can find any more info.

The Longest Night YYC

"The Longest Night of the Year is a memorial service to remember those who’ve lost their lives to homelessness in Calgary."
Thank you. I have emailed them before but they were not able to help, I have asked again anyway. There is a Richard listed for 2022 but it is a common name.

This project is getting a lot of exposure, attracting people for different reason many for original series but all aware of search so it’s not logical to think there’s not one person aware of his location (general area), someone is holding back.

QUOTE="LucyAstro, post: 18389007, member: 301747"]
Thank you. I have emailed them before but they were not able to help, I have asked again anyway. There is a Richard listed for 2022 but it is a common name.
[/QUOTE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back