Henry Lee as a Defense Expert *Merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard forensic scientists are the highest paid people on a case. It is possible, IIRC, they earn about $10,000 per day in a trial. Of course that is the type that is in the Dr. Lee, Dr. Baden league.

Didn't he lose some credibility with the P. Specter case as well? Something about a missing vial?

I'm guessing no one else is calling him. ??
Yes, he was accused of withholding/hiding/losing? evidence in the Spector case and in the Michael Peterson case, he made a total a$$ of himself. I'm not too worried.

This is the same topic that's being discussed on the thread, Defense to examine the Sunfire this a.m. Here is my first response there. It equally applies to this thread.

Every time I think Baez couldn't get any more idiotic, he proves me wrong. While his uninformed opinion of Dr. Henry Lee may be a favorable one, that's far from the truth.

He will be forever known as the guy who spit ketchup in the Michael Peterson case (MP found guilty of course).

He will forever be known for the expert that Mark Geragos dared not put on the stand during the Scott Peterson trial (SP found guilty).

Ultimately however, he will FOREVER be known as the man who thinks it's A-OK to collect forensic samples on a POST IT note. Alan Jackson brought him down 1000 pegs during the 1st the Spector trial. He even sent away for the good Dr. Henry Lee's transcripts and it seems, MANY of the degrees Henry Lee holds are honorary. Nothing wrong with that really, UNLESS, he truly doesn't hold the qualifications that he's claimed to hold all these years. Take a look at when he received his degrees. It's downright impossible for him to have gotten his Ph.D in the timeframe that he claims (1 year?).

Let's not even mention the fact that he destroyed evidence in the Phil Spector case. He of course, fled to China to try and get out of testifying. Old Judge Fidler however, decided to wait it out.

IMO, Henry Lee should go into retirement. He could definitely make a great living though. He could be the spokesman for the Post-It company, OR, he could become the spokesman for the Heinz Company. Then again, he just might prefer Hunts.

I'd also add, if I were involved in ANY capacity of JFK assassination (and I know Lee came in many years later for the reconstruction), I certainly wouldn't want it on my resume.

Lest we not forget the O.J. testiMONEY, either.

an after the Spector fiasco he disappeared to China wasn't it and never returned.?.

to bad he's back I guess he thinks we have forgotten..

NEVER>>>DR LEE>..

http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/"]http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/"]http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/

Got this from Dr. Lee's site
Experience
Chief Emeritus, Division of Scientific Services
Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Public Safety
Chief Criminalist, State of Connecticut
Director, Connecticut State Police Forensic Science Laboratory
Professor, Forensic Science Program, University of New Haven
Research Scientist, New York University Medical Center
Captain, Taipei Police Headquarters, Taiwan

Education
Doctor of Science - 2002
Honorary Degree
American International College, Springfield, MA

Doctor of Humane Letters - 1999
Honorary Degree
Bridgeport University, Bridgeport, CT

Doctor of Law - 1997
Honorary Degree
Williams Law School, Newport, RI

Doctor of Humane Letters - 1996
Honorary Degree
Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT

Doctor of Science - 1990
Honorary Degree
University of New Haven, West Haven, CT

Phd - 1975
Biochemistry
New York University, New York, NY

MS - 1974
Science
New York University, New York, NY

Dr. H. C. Lee
Curriculum Vitae
Page 2

BS - 1972
Forensic Science
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY

Degree -1960
Police Science
Central Police College, Taiwan, Republic of China

Special Training
Attended special training courses offered by FBI Academy, ATF, post graduate schools, post medical school and professional organizations.

Professional Affiliation
Member or officer of the following professional organizations: Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, England Forensic Science Society, American Academy of Criminal Justice, Northeastern Criminal Justice Educator's Association, International Association of Identification, New York Academy of Science, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Society for Testing and Materials, American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors, International Association of Forensic Science, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Connecticut Chromatography Council, The Fingerprint Society, International Association of Bloodpattern Analysis, International Homicide Investigator's Association, International Society of Forensic Haemogenetics.

Other Teaching Experience
Adjunct Professor for John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, Northeastern University, University of Bridgeport, Western Connecticut State University, Yale University, Seton Hall University, University of Connecticut Law School, Quinnipiac University Law School, China People's University, Central Connecticut State University, the University of Connecticut Medical Center, Quinnipiac College, Lecturer for Connecticut State Police Academy, National College of District Attorneys, Municipal Police Training Academies in; Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Taiwan China, Dubai, Mexico, Singapore, and Thailand.

Workshops/Seminars
Conducted and instructed over 500 workshops and seminars in the topics of crime scene investigation, crime scene reconstruction, Forensic Medicine, Forensic Serology, In-Service Bilingual Education, Security Workshop for Senior Citizens, Fire and Arson Investigation, Latent Fingerprints, Forensic Science Seminar for Attorneys, Forensic Paternity, Forensic Pathology, Burglary Investigation, Forensic Science Workshop for Public Defenders, Advanced Analysis of Body Fluids, Physical Evidence and Forensic Pathology, The Analysis of Sexual Assault Evidence, Basic and Advanced Homicide Investigation, Basic and Advanced Crime Scene Investigation, Serology, Superglue Techniques, Child Abuse Workshop, Rape Investigation, Bloodstain Pattern Analysis, Significance of Bloodstain Evidence, Forensic Science, Medicolegal Investigation of Unexpected Death, Traffic Accident Reconstruction, Electrophoresis and Isoelectric Focusing, PCR-DNA typing, DNA-RFLP Analysis, Forensic Application of DNA Evidence, Basic and Advanced Crime Scene Reconstruction, Cause and Origin Analysis, Traffic Accident Cause Analysis, Mass Disaster Investigation.

Consultant
New Jersey Burlington County Forensic Science Laboratory, Connecticut State Public Defender's Office, Technical Advisory Services for Attorneys, PRC Public Management Services, University of Alabama, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, University of South Carolina, Elmira College of New York, National Institute of Justice, Maine State Police, Delaware Department of Justice, Allegheny County Department of Laboratory, Rothman Architecture Inc., Public Defender's Offices in Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Delaware, Virginia, New York, New Jersey, District Attorney's Offices in Massachusetts, Maine, Delaware, New Jersey, Jefferson Parish, Florida, Pennsylvania, Alaska, New York, Hawaii, Montana, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Vermont, West Virginia, U.S. Congress O.T.A., Department of Justice, Taiwan National Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation and other police, fire and law enforcement agencies.

Awards
Received numerous awards, citations and commendations from law enforcement agencies, police departments, fire services, State Governments and Universities in the U.S. and abroad for the contribution and services in forensic science and criminal investigation, including; Teacher of the Year Award, University of New Haven, Alumni Achievement Award from John Jay College of Criminal and Taiwan Central Police college, Distinguished Manager Award, Distinguished Criminalist Award from the Academy of Forensic Sciences, Donero Award from International Association of Identification, Distinguished Fellow, American Academy of Forensic Sciences.

Achievements/Recognition/Community Service
Has served on national and international committees in forensic science, criminal justice, education, training, etc. Also has served as a Ph.D. thesis referee and graduate degree advisor, program evaluator, proposal reviewer, and laboratory inspector for many agencies and professional organizations.

Court Qualification
Qualified as an expert witness or an expert involved in forensic science, forensic serology, bloodspatter analysis, crime scene investigation, fingerprints, imprints and general physical evidence in the various county, superior, supreme and federal courts in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, and various foreign countries. Recognized as an expert by involvement in and/or performance of forensic laboratory examination, traffic accident investigation, airplane accident investigation, fire and arson investigation, home and industrial security, homicide and rape investigation in thousands of other criminal or civil cases submitted by representatives of the people and defendants, or by representatives of plaintiffs, and privately represented parties from all states and many foreign countries.

Editor
Editor, Hwa-Lian Daily News, Forensic Serology News, Journal of Forensic Science, Crime Laboratory Digest, Advances in Forensic Sciences, Journal of Forensic Identification, Great Crime Cases, Forensic Sciences Review, American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology.

Book, Chapters and Reports
Authored or co-authored 20 books, major chapters and reports, and published about 300 articles in professional journals covering the topics in chemistry, instrumental analysis, serology, DNA, forensic science, trace evidence, fingerprints, bloodstain pattern analysis, crime scene investigation, crime scene reconstruction, education and criminal justice.

Seems to me like the Defense is bringin in the "big guns" for a case THEY say is flimsy and circumstantial, no ???

*Corrected*

Star criminalist Henry "Hide the fingernail, Spit the ketchup" Lee joins Casey Anthony defense team

:crazy:

*Corrected*

Star criminalist Henry "Hide the fingernail, Spit the ketchup" Lee joins Casey Anthony defense team

:clap::clap:post of my day.:woohoo::woohoo:

*did you see my purdy picture of Henry on page one?*

:clap::clap:post of my day.:woohoo::woohoo:

*did you see my purdy picture of Henry on page one?*

Yes, I did .. brings back fond memories.

I wonder if Dr. Lee is going to say too much decomp and drink squirrel guts this time?!?

*Corrected*

OMG, had I been drinking my soda as I read this, it would have been spewed all over my monitor. :applause:

I wouldn't put it past Dr. Lee to do it for free... just for the publicity. He is LIKE that. He has made tons of money and probably gets a kick out of being the "star witness" in high profile cases.

Seriously, how many times has he been on Court TV trials???

He's a joke now. Maybe someone with credibility at one point but he sold his soul a long time ago for fame.

Where are the Anthonys getting the MONEY to pay for this "over the top"
defense?
What a good question!! We truly need to throw all of our support behind LE. They are the only voice for Caylee...besides us, of course.

I just watched a video on Ch.9 that said Lee's rate is $300 an hr
Cheaper then most good attorneys...so where is all this money coming from? Which brings to mind, whatever did happen with the Casey Defense Fund?

Sure hope the prosecution (or someone here at WS???) has some time to really poke around in these "credentials."

Why? In a federal matter, where the issue of how the deceased passed away was critical to the merits (it was over benefits from an insurance policy insuring the deceased for a large sum of money, but the policy had certain exclusions, such the one reading that the death could not have been caused by or related to the deceased being intoxicated) I had the opportunity to depose the defense's "expert" forensic pathologist.

Prior to said deposition, I had my staff pick apart his CV/resume, and found that he'd listed universities and hospitals, etc., on his resume as places he was presentely and previously on staff - only he was NEVER on staff at these places, or he'd been on staff a lot shorted a time frame than he'd indicated. His "licenses" and certifications weren't quite what he'd listed, either.

He'd been admitted as an expert witness many times before in the federal courts, but apparently no one had ever really spent what I call "trench digging" time: calling up each and every place he'd listed to request a written confirmation re: whether or not he'd been on staff ever/presently/etc.

We settled the case within a few weeks following this - and my client was quite pleased. (This "expert" has not, to my knowledge, testified since.)

:clap: So I really, really hope someone has the time to do this homework for the prosecution...or talk to another attorney who has already done the digging in the trenches...

Didn't he lose some credibility with the P. Specter case as well? Something about a missing vial?

I'm guessing no one else is calling him. ??
No one that hasn't been on NG that is. Definitely thought there was a conlict of interest there with Kobi. No objectivity when you're being paid by both sides, though.

Sure hope the prosecution (or someone here at WS???) has some time to really poke around in these "credentials."

Why? In a federal matter, where the issue of how the deceased passed away was critical to the merits (it was over benefits from an insurance policy insuring the deceased for a large sum of money, but the policy had certain exclusions, such the one reading that the death could not have been caused by or related to the deceased being intoxicated) I had the opportunity to depose the defense's "expert" forensic pathologist.

Prior to said deposition, I had my staff pick apart his CV/resume, and found that he'd listed universities and hospitals, etc., on his resume as places he was presentely and previously on staff - only he was NEVER on staff at these places, or he'd been on staff a lot shorted a time frame than he'd indicated. His "licenses" and certifications weren't quite what he'd listed, either.

He'd been admitted as an expert witness many times before in the federal courts, but apparently no one had ever really spent what I call "trench digging" time: calling up each and every place he'd listed to request a written confirmation re: whether or not he'd been on staff ever/presently/etc.

We settled the case within a few weeks following this - and my client was quite pleased. (This "expert" has not, to my knowledge, testified since.)

:clap: So I really, really hope someone has the time to do this homework for the prosecution...or talk to another attorney who has already done the digging in the trenches...
Those honorary degrees came from not such stellar schools (Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone.) Actually, he may want to update his website. There is no Williams Law School in Newport RI. It's the law school at Roger Williams University. One year for his PHD at NYU...nah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back