Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Private investigator Steve Lane, who has served as court-appointed special master in the Peter “Peter Boy” Kema Jr. case and other high-profile abuse cases, cites the lack of oversight of children who are home-schooled as a problem.

In Isabella’s case, Lane questions how Child Welfare Services, which is supposed to vet foster parents, could have allowed someone with a violent criminal history to be a foster parent. Child Welfare Services did not respond to emailed questions.

Isaac K. Kalua III, aka Sonny Kalua, was permitted to foster four of Joseph’s daughters despite having a felony conviction record that includes two second- degree assaults, an attempted second-degree assault and first-degree terroristic threatening.

“How did those kids ever get in that house?” Lane asked. “I’ve been a licensed foster parent for decades. I have great respect for that system and it’s needed, but you can’t put kids in that kind of household.”

Lane said: “Probably all the Joseph kids were placed there as a result of secret ghost hearings, so who’s supposed to speak for the children? The 587 hearing involves custody, safety and placement of children all in Family Court and all closed.”

And it’s possible they were placed without a hearing, he said.

Missing 6-year-old girl had been pulled out of Waimanalo Elementary School

Lots of kids were pulled for homeschooling this year due to COVID. That’s not as suspicious as it could be at times.
What makes it suspicious is the timing - the photo album being thrown away and pulling Isabella out of school appear to coincide. Then days later, she's reported missing.
I'm not going to debate home-schooling, Mods have weighed in on this subject in other threads and zapped posts. I'm only addressing the relevance to Isabella.

Another day has passed and still no sign of Isabella "Ariel." I appreciated the posts of @Dave99, giving us a local perspective. It really isn't looking good.

The following links have new information, which if true add to the feeling of uneasiness about what might have happened to Isabella "Ariel." The first tells of a photo album said to contain her pictures that was dumped a week ago.

The second link says that she was pulled out of school and was being homeschooled.

It makes me wonder if she might have been missing earlier than Sunday night.

Day 3: Search continues for missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

According to a witness, officers searched Waimanalo Refuse Convenience Center, located down the road from the Waimanalo District Park. The witness said police searched the dumpsters as well as junk refrigerators and washers. A second witness said a photo album with pictures of Isabella was found a week ago at the dump and was turned into police.

Jamie Kumai, Isabella’s biological aunt, said she did hear about the photo album.

“We don’t know too much information about it,” she explained. “All we know is it is in police custody."

Where is Isabella Kalua? Girl, 6, goes missing after adoptive parents put her to bed

According to insider sources, the girl was pulled out of public school earlier this year and was being home-schooled. Her adoptive family has not divulged many details to the media, as they asserted that they were "told not to talk to investigators."

Watch ‘This is Now’: FBI assisting with the search for Isabella Kalua

If the photo album was found a week ago, how did the person know it was Isabella and to save it? She hadn’t even been reported missing at that time.

Were all the children homeschooled or just her?

If the photo album was found a week ago, how did the person know it was Isabella and to save it? She hadn’t even been reported missing at that time.

Were all the children homeschooled or just her?
There is a comment at the video link in post #62 that talks about the album.
More interesting comments here - Log into Facebook

Last seen after being put to bed ?
Sounds like a scenario I've heard before.
I don't think she packed a bag and ran away.
This doesn't sound good at all.
And from other posts the household may be sketchy ?
Imo.

Sonny Kalua told The Associated Press Thursday that he and Lehua Kalua adopted the girl in January. “We're instructed by the detectives from day one that we're not supposed to talk to reporters,” he said.

Interim Chief Rade Vanic told the Honolulu Police Commission there's not sufficient evidence to show she was abducted.
Missing Hawaii girl's parents withdrew her from school

“It’s obvious that she comes from a caring family and community, and we are hopeful that we will find her soon and find her safe. At this time, we’re asking neighbors to check their yards and properties for anywhere that a young child might go to or be able to hide. If you have home security video, please check to see if there’s anything that might help us.”
FBI joins search for Hawaii girl missing since weekend

Isabella Kalua attended kindergarten at Waimanalo Elementary last school year via distance learning, said Nanea Kalani, a spokeswoman for the education department. In June, her adoptive parents filed paperwork with the school to withdraw the child to home-school her, Kalani said.

This article clarifies the withdrawal from school happened in June, it wasn't something recent, sounds like it was planned.

Argh. I posted this into facebook but I think you guys have a better handle on finding out things. First: Did the girl have her own bedroom? The house doesn't look big enough for a kitchen, dining room(living room), and 5 bedrooms. Seems to me the children shared rooms. Also, no-one goes to the convenience center to drop one small thing off(I know. I live here). You usually go with a truckload to make it worth your while. And, how did the police know to search there? What else was found with the album? And, what do the other children know? And no one has revealed what kind of dogs were brought onto the property by the police...

very concerning

and only the one photo of her?

Here in Georgia, I don’t think you are allowed to post photos of kids that you are fostering. I have two friends that foster and they always cover the faces if they post a picture with them. So it’s possible they didn’t take a lot of photos of them if they had similar restrictions before officially adopting them.

Argh. I posted this into facebook but I think you guys have a better handle on finding out things. First: Did the girl have her own bedroom? The house doesn't look big enough for a kitchen, dining room(living room), and 5 bedrooms. Seems to me the children shared rooms. Also, no-one goes to the convenience center to drop one small thing off(I know. I live here). You usually go with a truckload to make it worth your while. And, how did the police know to search there? What else was found with the album? And, what do the other children know? And no one has revealed what kind of dogs were brought onto the property by the police...
I have no idea what the sleeping arrangements in the home are. But I looked up the property address on the accessor's website, it's a 4 bed, three bath, 1,538 sf home.

It's being said a homeless person found the album. So I would think it was likely with other waste from the home. Welcome to WS @watson&winny. What are the locals in the community saying?

Isabella Kalua attended kindergarten at Waimanalo Elementary last school year via distance learning, said Nanea Kalani, a spokeswoman for the education department. In June, her adoptive parents filed paperwork with the school to withdraw the child to home-school her, Kalani said.

This article clarifies the withdrawal from school happened in June, it wasn't something recent, sounds like it was planned.
I wonder if it could be because she has learning differences or possibly health conditions that could make her more susceptible to COVID complications? Just spitballing.

MicrosoftTeams-image-4-1.jpg

Lt. Deena Thoemmes of the Criminal Investigation Division released the following statement on Thursday:

Since Monday, the HPD has been working tirelessly with the community to locate Isabella. We have conducted numerous interviews; however, there are still individuals, to include acquaintances and family members, who have yet to come forward to be interviewed. We hope that this will change in the near future as the investigation and search for Isabella continues. At this time foul play has not been ruled out. The HPD is grateful to the community and city, state, federal and military agencies for their assistance and continued support in the search for Isabella.

Police say foul play has not been ruled out in search for missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

Hi! Thank you for welcoming me! Knox, people around the island are pretty much saying what most people are saying so who knows. I was pondering though, why wouldn't the authorities state that the child has some sort of disability--i.e. autism if she really did have it. The last time a big search, etc. for a child went on; first and foremost it was put out there that he was autistic--giving searchers a "heads up" I guess in case he was found. He was never found. I know nothing, so I came here. There are so many red herrings: the school thing, the album thing, the clothing thing...Things that may have no bearing or do. How could the album be found by a homeless person a week prior as mentioned by Knox? Was it intentionally or accidentally thrown out? Was she pulled out of school for some nefarious reason or just...covid? --As mentioned by Azure and Knox. As for the clothing: I can't imagine anyone wearing anything so cloying and hot to bed. August is bad here but September would make you wish you'd never spent the money on a sauna...
Also, I can't find it now but I thought I had read that neighbors were asked if they'd seen the little girl around recently. They said no but when the family were asked, they replied that she went out of the house frequently to check the mail...
Also can't imagine anyone walking around there to Kailua in the dark and not as high as a kite. The road really is sooo small, no sidewalks, scrub brush immediately there. Poor lighting. And I couldn't imagine anyone going into the bushes late at night, and I'm talking about adults let alone a young child. I hope they find her. Oh, one other thing: Why would anyone pull a child out of school in June(as per quote from Azure)? That is the end of the school year anyway. Are these red herrings or does it require a timeline?;)
I really feel for the child and the innocent people whose lives are being thrown up in the air right now.

Tom George@TheTomGeorge
BREAKING: Police presence, area near Bellows Beach blocked off — Honolulu Police, military, and ocean safety crews inside — area is just a few miles from Waimānalo home where Isabella Kalua went missing, military personnel on scene won’t say if related @KITV4

Locals, are you hearing anything on Bellows Beach?

Bellows is creepy at night. I don't know about now but you had to drive through a gate post with military to get to it(if they're talking about the area I'm familiar with). There are low bushes that hide big swaths of sudden ditches in the ground and tall pine trees that leave needles and tiny cones everywhere. Undertow is harsh. If the little girl went there for some reason(I can't imagine why), it does get pretty windy and cold. Also, I don't live anywhere near the Waimanalo area but used to go frequently to get to Frankies, a fabulous fruit tree place and a friend's ranch. Haven't watched the news yet. Thank you for the update!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back