GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh. I won't even post my thoughts. I hope this lady is found, but I suspect she won't be. I hope Hawaii le is comfy bringing murder x 2 charges without a body!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BBM
Very good point. I went back and looked at video and...

http://khon2.com/2014/02/13/maui-police-confirm-torched-car-belongs-to-missing-woman/

Look at the car around the :25 second mark. It shows the doors still on.

My apologies! I was too quick to post. Clearly, the car in the video isn't Charli's car. I can't edit my post now but wanted to apologize for posting inaccuracies.

What the heck? The car looked bad @ the .25sec mark on that video but not 1/2 as bad as it does in the pics after that! What happened to it? It does not look "torched" in the video.....burned and beaten, yes. Torched like the other pics, no.

1939890_372316372909196_113952584_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=372316372909196&set=pcb.372317249575775&type=1&theater

This is the spot where Charli's Toyota was found. The car in the photo is not her car.

MauiJen is absolutely right. Any pics we may see of her Toyota are after it was removed. I need to go back and edit a couple of my posts as now I'm not sure at all of the condition her Toyota was in. Sorry to mislead folks. :blushing:

I also noticed the "bad area" comment but was not sure if he was possibly attempting to make it known to the interviewer that he was "knowledgeable" about the area.

Then again, if he was aware of stolen cars in the general area, then why was he not concerned when he didn't see her behind him anymore.

In general I heard a lot of basic self-centeredness throughout the entire interview.

There seems to be a disconnect, or at least a total lack of understanding that to have a good relationship you need to pay attention to the person that you are with. He doesn't remember how long they have been seeing each other, doesn't know details, and doesn't seem to care much about the relationship.

The level of detail and concern one should be able to get across during an interview about a person that is, someone who has spent so much time with you, the mother of your unborn child, and now is missing ,is extremely lacking in my opinion.

Consider what would be normal for a person who has been in a relationship with another person, even if it has been an on-again off-again one for the length of 5 years or so that those two have been together, and especially if one is going to become a new father in a few short months.

It also does not mean that he is responsible for her disappearance. But it sure does make my hinky meter go into the red zone.

I'm just catching up, but in reading the transcript of his interview, it gave me the willies, too. He seems to have no concern about his unborn child, let alone the mother of the child. And forgive me for being old-fashioned but if they "hooked up" as recently as 5 months ago, for her to become pregnant, I would think he would show a little more concern, like he cared about her, but he makes it sound like he was only in it for the sex. I get the feeling he doesn't really believe the child is his.

It just all sounds highly suspicious to me. I've had total strangers help me with a broken down vehicle who offered to follow me to my destination, they didn't drive ahead of me, they stayed behind to watch to make sure I made it okay. It's not like she was a passing stranger, they lived together! He must be a real prize. NOT.

Of course, none of this makes him a murderer, and he could be 100% innocent, but still... he comes across pretty self-centered. JMO.

As for not wanting his voice to be heard, I have to think he is trying to avoid any publicity. Wouldn't surprise me if he says he doesn't want his picture released as well.

Still not found?? Oh my! :(

respectfully snipped for space

Is it OK for me to comment on here about Steven (the exBF)?

He has not been named a suspect or POI by LE, so we can't sleuth him. We can however post our thoughts and opinions based on whatever has been published about him in msm (for example the interview). Just make sure you clearly label your thoughts with imo (in my opinion). We can not accuse him of anything.

If in doubt pm a mod for a clearer explanation! :seeya:

Update on the ocean search from yesterday, copied from the Morey Inc FB page (they seem to be heading up the searches):

UPDATE: Ocean Search and Rescue 2/16/14. The Ocean S&R teams are just getting back all are safe and sound. (though one of the divers lost a Fin). They did a very thorough search from Keanae all the way to Maliko gulch. (See map for details) from free diving into the coastline and even walking the reef in some areas, going into caves and talking to local fisherman whom have been out all week that have not seen anything as of today, they followed the current lines as suggested and #findcharli was not located today.
They did however report some items of interest in the ridge lines in certain areas along the coast. Ground crews will be looking at those areas tomorrow. We will follow up once we get word on those items of interest tomorrow.

We want to say a special mahalo to Pablo, Juan, Joe, Bill and the rest of the crew out there today AWESOME JOB.... That ocean route can be checked off, unless new evidence shows something different.

All of that was done by volunteers - no professional / LE ocean search that I'm aware of, which honestly, as a local, really annoys me. It seems like everything that is being done so far is by volunteers in the community. It's almost as if LE is only investigating when they absolutely have to because the volunteers find something.

Update on the ocean search from yesterday, copied from the Morey Inc FB page (they seem to be heading up the searches):

UPDATE: Ocean Search and Rescue 2/16/14. The Ocean S&R teams are just getting back all are safe and sound. (though one of the divers lost a Fin). They did a very thorough search from Keanae all the way to Maliko gulch. (See map for details) from free diving into the coastline and even walking the reef in some areas, going into caves and talking to local fisherman whom have been out all week that have not seen anything as of today, they followed the current lines as suggested and #findcharli was not located today.
They did however report some items of interest in the ridge lines in certain areas along the coast. Ground crews will be looking at those areas tomorrow. We will follow up once we get word on those items of interest tomorrow.

We want to say a special mahalo to Pablo, Juan, Joe, Bill and the rest of the crew out there today AWESOME JOB.... That ocean route can be checked off, unless new evidence shows something different.

All of that was done by volunteers - no professional / LE ocean search that I'm aware of, which honestly, as a local, really annoys me. It seems like everything that is being done so far is by volunteers in the community. It's almost as if LE is only investigating when they absolutely have to because the volunteers find something.

BBM
This is concerning. Items of interest. I guess they couldn't get close enough to make out what they saw in the ridges?

BBM
Frustrating! What does it take to get the Coast Guard involved? Is that only if they are certain someone has been lost at sea? I wonder what percentage of MPD are unaware Charli and baby are missing?

I'm just catching up, but in reading the transcript of his interview, it gave me the willies, too. He seems to have no concern about his unborn child, let alone the mother of the child. And forgive me for being old-fashioned but if they "hooked up" as recently as 5 months ago, for her to become pregnant, I would think he would show a little more concern, like he cared about her, but he makes it sound like he was only in it for the sex. I get the feeling he doesn't really believe the child is his.

It just all sounds highly suspicious to me. I've had total strangers help me with a broken down vehicle who offered to follow me to my destination, they didn't drive ahead of me, they stayed behind to watch to make sure I made it okay. It's not like she was a passing stranger, they lived together! He must be a real prize. NOT.

Of course, none of this makes him a murderer, and he could be 100% innocent, but still... he comes across pretty self-centered. JMO.

As for not wanting his voice to be heard, I have to think he is trying to avoid any publicity. Wouldn't surprise me if he says he doesn't want his picture released as well.

And don't forget him referring to their unborn child as "it". :facepalm:

So SC failed a poly, hmmn.

He see's her taillights behind him, until he gets to "Twin Falls", then they disappear?

Can't remember how long they dated, how long ago they broke up, and when asked if they were dating again, said "they occasionally hooked up".

Was he excited about being a Father? "Sort of. It was unexpected. She didn't tell me right away, but it was growing on me."

What a DB!!!!! :silenced:

Knox...did you mean to say headlights? Or did I miss something in an article somewhere?

What exactly is going on with Charli's phone? Is it a fact that her phone still rings when it's called? If so why haven't the police been able to find where the pings are coming from?

I am very very scared for Charli and her unborn son. My daughter is ready to give birth to my 3rd grandson any day now so my heart is breaking for Charli's family. This doesn't look good at all but I'm praying for a miracle!!!

And don't forget him referring to their unborn child as "it". :facepalm:

Yeah, he's all over the place IMHO.

Someone asked up thread if it's normal for LE not to share everything with the family, and the answer is yes. LE has to protect the integrity of the investigation. There are going to be things that they learn that only the perp would know. LE needs to ensure those things stay private. I can imagine on an island, if info was leaked, word would spread very quickly. So I can see LE, in this situation, holding info even closer to the vest than normal. MOO

As far as the volunteers searching and LE apparently not doing as much of that, I think LE is working on the assumption that Carly is not going to be found alive. She didn't just wander off and get hurt somewhere. It's my hope that they are focusing more on the behind the scenes investigating. . .phone records, alibis, following unusual behavior leads, etc.

There's the chance Carly won't ever be found. I know many of us suspect she was put in the water. . ."fed to the sharks." Ugh. . .I hate to even write that, but it is certainly a possibility. It seems whoever did this spent some time pre-planning the crime, trying to cover their bases and cover up evidence. To me, that screams someone known to Carly. This wasn't some crime of opportunity by a diabolical cruise tourist, who just happened upon Carly and acted in the moment.

MOO. . .I hope LE is securing a warrant to search the ex's house as I type.

ETA- I just wanted to add, the ex may very well be 100% innocent here. Maybe he's just a huge *advertiser censored*hole and not a murderer, but I feel he needs to be thoroughly investigated before he can be cleared.

Knox...did you mean to say headlights? Or did I miss something in an article somewhere?

What exactly is going on with Charli's phone? Is it a fact that her phone still rings when it's called? If so why haven't the police been able to find where the pings are coming from?

I am very very scared for Charli and her unborn son. My daughter is ready to give birth to my 3rd grandson any day now so my heart is breaking for Charli's family. This doesn't look good at all but I'm praying for a miracle!!!

Steven: "Sunday night? She picked me up from my house at 8:30, drove out to my truck that I got stuck in Keanae and she dropped me off at my truck -- it took me about 10 minutes to fix my truck, 'cause I had extra light tools with me at that time. And then we came back to Haiku. And I'm pretty sure I saw her lights in my rearview the entire time. I'm absolutely certain I saw her headlights in my rearview mirror until I got to Twin Falls and then I started speeding up 'cause I drive a little faster than she does."
bbm
Source:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

I also noticed this oddity in the comment during SC interview;

“she dropped me off at my truck… It took me about 10 minutes to fix my truck, ‘cause I had extra light tools with me at that time. And then we came back to Haiku.“

She dropped him off ????
Where did she go?
Only for 10 minuets?
How did she know he was done fixing the truck?
Did he call her when he was done?

“I had extra light tools at that time”.

What time?
Did he go and try to fix his truck more than once?
Or is this just the way locals speak about time?

I’m sorry, but in my opinion there are to many comments in his interview that just ring as being contrived.

snipped:
I also noticed this oddity in the comment during SC interview;

“she dropped me off at my truck… It took me about 10 minutes to fix my truck, ‘cause I had extra light tools with me at that time. And then we came back to Haiku.“

She dropped him off ???? Same as saying he got out of the car.
Where did she go? Nowhere. She waited until car was repaired.
Only for 10 minuets? Yep. Could have just been a loose hose, etc.
How did she know he was done fixing the truck? She was there.
Did he call her when he was done? See above

“I had extra light tools at that time”.

What time? Then. Sort of like " .... at that time, I exited the building".
Did he go and try to fix his truck more than once? Don't know.
Or is this just the way locals speak about time? Makes sense to me.

I’m sorry, but in my opinion there are to many comments in his interview that just ring as being contrived.

my answers in Blue
I'm not local, but it made sense to me. lol

I have my little orange Google Earth man traveling the road to Hana. I can't find any mile markers for some reason but I started at the market and have been heading north. I find along the way many little houses and call boxes. If I knew how to take a screenshot I would post the picture here. If I knew my car only needed a 10 minute repair I would likely walk to a nearby house and ask for a wrench, pliers or whatever I needed to make the quick fix. Surely exbf has a witness who drove him home otherwise how can he prove the car was ever there? Anyone else see mile markers? I am trying to find #20.

I have my little orange Google Earth man traveling the road to Hana. I can't find any mile markers for some reason but I started at the market and have been heading north. I find along the way many little houses and call boxes. If I knew how to take a screenshot I would post the picture here. If I knew my car only needed a 10 minute repair I would likely walk to a nearby house and ask for a wrench, pliers or whatever I needed to make the quick fix. Surely exbf has a witness who drove him home otherwise how can he prove the car was ever there? Anyone else see mile markers? I am trying to find #20.

Good point. All he would have to do is unhook one of the battery cables and pretend to fiddle with it for 10 minutes when she drove him to the location. I wonder if his cell phone pinged at the location he said (his home) when he called her for a ride back to the vehicle in the first place?

I was hoping there would be some movement on this case today. As time passes, it will get colder. I just hope LE is getting all their ducks in a row.

I've been wondering all this time if he told her that he had run out of gas… Want to know if there is a chance someone bought a gas can. That could be used as evidence in her car torching. MOO

This map was posted up-thread. It has mile marker locations on it.
http://geocommons.com/maps/7371

I was looking because I'm confused with SC comment in his interview about "And then we came back to Haiku". When I look at the map, and see the location of where his truck was suppose to have broken down, then the location of Twin Falls where he say he didn't see her lights in his rearview mirror anymore, and then look at where Haiku is it doesn't make sense to me.
Haiku is after Twin Falls. I'm just all turned around or do I have the wrong location for Haiku or is there more than one Haiku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil