GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this 'new' news? Didn't we read about duct tape being found earlier in the search as well? :waitasec:

For what would hunters and fishermen use duct tape? (asking bc I really don't know)

The hunters in this area are typically hunting for wild pigs, with dogs and knives. I'm no hunting expert, but I see patients who have injured themselves hunting and when they describe what they do, after they get the pig, they say they use either rope or duct tape to tape the the feet together, then sling the pig over their shoulders to carry it out.

The fishermen in these remote areas are sometimes camped out there for several days at a time. I don't necessarily mean they use the duct tape for anything related to fishing, but maybe? Shore fishing here is with huge poles (and they usually have these weird kind of short, plastic, homemade pole holder things that they've cemented permanently onto the lava rocks if it's a spot they repeatedly come back to). Their gear is not sophisticated. These are local guys who fish for food, not sport, because it's part of their culture. They're not buying fancy equipment at a big bass pro shop (we don't have stores like that here. We barely have a mall, no Target or anything. Our Wal-Mart is tiny). People make do with what they have. Also, we camp a lot and we never go camping without duct tape! (I mean "we" as in my husband and I in this last sentence) LOL.

It doesn't describe the kind of gloves, but for some reason I imagine them as work gloves. Again, most fishermen and hunters would be using work gloves for sure. They're hiking through very dense jungle, possibly using a machete or something to get where they're going, etc.

I'm definitely not sold that duct tape and gloves found in the jungle mean anything other than a fisherman, hunter, or someone like that was littering. I'm not saying they're not related to the case, but to me - that kind of thing would be so easy to get rid of in your own trash can or even a dumpster somewhere else without being suspicious (at the park, at a community center, anywhere really) - so why leave them out there to be found?

Also, someone asked about ridge lines. I don't think it's used as a technical term. I think it's more descriptive. Like when you look out across the terrain, it's literally just the ridge that they can see (like the opposite of the gulches). Sometimes we'll describe where something is in relationship to a ridge or a gultch. Some of the ridges are actually named (Waihee Ridge).

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row, haven't been able to log on all day, but wanted to address a few local-related things that had come up since my last log on.

So, since Stephen is a POI, I can now discuss what I know about him, correct?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

Steven: "Yeah, I do not want the recording used. I don't want my voice coming out on everyone's TV on this island."

If the mother of your child is missing (and his unborn child), why did he care if his voice was coming out on everyone's tv on the island.

Steven: "They've just been questioning me. They haven't really told me anything." "I mean, it's undeniable that I'm probably the prime suspect, so they're not going to tell me any details."

He says he is probably the prime suspect. Prime suspect of what? She is just missing at this point.

There was a discrepancy about where his car was stranded. First it was close to where Nala was found. Then it was 9 or 10 miles up the road at mile marker #20. Which WSer was it that heard that from someone close to LE?

LE questioned the ex bf. Then he gives this ridiculous interview to the media. LE must be having a field day with it, inconsistencies, weird wording, etc. Keep him talking, keep him talking ... he will trip soon. LE will be keeping a very close eye on him imo. They don't say much, but they have their prime suspect. All moo.

Y'all need a good map, so I made one:

CharliScott_zps116c32b1.jpg

I went backward chronologically through news articles to find the most up-to-date info. These are the sources I used:

http://mauinow.com/2014/02/15/exclusive-interview-search-for-charli-running-on-adrenaline/

Probably should have put "" around the Headlights Vanished marker because it's what the XBF claims and not an established fact.

I used street view on Google Maps to find the exact building that houses Nāhiku Market. Glad I did because my first guess was way off. The market is on Hana Highway at Mile Marker 29.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...y-scott-hawaiian-woman-s-burned-suv-dog-found

http://www.webpronews.com/missing-pregnant-woman-carly-scott-of-hawaii-2014-02

Used this aerial video of the burned-out vehicle's location and was able to pinpoint the exact spot on Google Earth.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...ll-not-stop-until-she-is-found-.html?nav=5161

Here's the map.

The prime suspect because she is missing and no one knows where she is at and he was the last one with her. When someone goes missing and they can't find them, everyone assumes it is the last person. So he says he is probably the prime suspect. He is already a POI and she is a missing person. I would say the same thing if I were him. Don't think it is odd. There are plenty of other odd things.

I think we need to maybe map out the locations of everything. I can't visualize everything. Maybe because I don't understand the island.

What don't you understand about the island?

I don't understand anything....the names of things people say, like Hana. I thought that was a city. Everything goes right over my head. Terrains, ridges, the way the roads are, etc. it isn't that people explain it bad, I just don't get because I have never been and I know that the islands are different than my city living houses. I am going to have to use google a lot or ask questions and hope people don't snap at me.

Hana is a town and a highway/road. HTH.

I don't understand anything....the names of things people say, like Hana. I thought that was a city. Everything goes right over my head. Terrains, ridges, the way the roads are, etc. it isn't that people explain it bad, I just don't get because I have never been and I know that the islands are different than my city living houses. I am going to have to use google a lot or ask questions and hope people don't snap at me.

I live on another island, not Maui but having lived on 2 of them and visited 4, I can share what I know. The east sides of the islands are very lush and green. For the most part the west sides are much drier, less rain, and less foliage. The road in question where the clothes and dog were found is full of hairpin turns, cliffs, and very rugged. The road is narrow and very dark at night. If you download Google Earth you can follow the road and get a feel for what it is like. It is not the kind of road you would likely expect a pregnant young lady to help you get your car out of a ditch late at night.

Thank you so much. I will use the map you gave above and use google earth. I don't get a good vibe from him. Some things don't add up and others don't bother me. I am going to try and make a list of some things tomorrow.

Is they area where her his car was stuck, dog, car and clothes found populated? Where someone could have saw something especially when stuck?

That late at night I doubt if the market was open where Nala was found. Okiegranny posted a screenshot of the area where he says his car/truck was stuck at mile marker 20. No houses around that area but if it were there (his car) during daylight hours then someone should have seen it, especially if it wasn't far off the road. Tourists come and go so if they saw something a week ago they are probably back home by now and have no idea what happened.

Does it sound to anyone else like the perp had help? Would he have had time to disappear her, scatter evidence, drop Nala near the market, move the car, burn the car, get his car home, all without anyone seeing him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you and the dad. lol. The written word can't display how much JVM was pushing CJS dad to call the ex. I was just :thud: at that attitude by Jane.

Jane is all about drama, and that would have made it exciting if he had gone ballistic and threatened the guy. I think the father is using very good judgement, and I commend him for it! Obviously he realizes that confronting the guy would just put him on the defensive and he would get nothing in return.

Does it sound to anyone else like the perp had help? Would he have had time to disappear her, scatter evidence, drop Nala near the market, move the car, burn the car, get his car home, all without anyone seeing him?

What do you mean get his car home? Do you have someone specific in mind? What if she stopped and picked up a hitchhiker?

Mods,

The way he said it was a bit odd. He said they are both POI's because they were last seen with each of them and therefore they have questions for them. That is it. They are not at all suspects and they are still just missing persons. I think the term poI is being used very loosely here, but he also made it seem like anyone they have to ask questions to as of interest to them. I don't think they are truly POI to a crime, but rather an interest because they were last seen with the missing person. Hoping the mods can help out here. Also, with Mo, they let him leave the island, if he was a true POI, they would never have let that happen.

The second video explains it.

Many people think when LE mentions someone is a person of interest, then that automatically makes them a suspect. But that is not the case. According to my son who is LE, as well as things I've learned from other cases, a POI can just be someone LE wants to talk to, who may have information about a case. Naturally, the ex-b/f in this case would be a POI, because he is the last known person to have seen her alive. LE has one goal in mind... either to clear him completely, or to connect him in some way to what happened. He may or may not be guilty, but they are going to need evidence, one way or another, so they're just being cautious right now, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387