GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Thursday at the kihei community association meeting the question about the truck was asked to both Detectives and the police chief. They gave a generic answer about following up on leads from the community....... I wish I could understand their concern or lack there of

Are you able to say what kind of reputation the chief/other influential pols have in the community? Who does the chief answer to?

That is really disheartening to hear they haven't processed his truck. I was hoping MPD was doing a lot behind the scenes and just not talking about it to protect the investigation. But it's sounding more like they are just treating the case as a missing person and not a crime (which we all know it is a crime). I think they are hoping this will all just go away... maybe because it's better for tourism to say a couple women are missing than to say a couple women were murdered here on Maui.

That is really disheartening to hear they haven't processed his truck. I was hoping MPD was doing a lot behind the scenes and just not talking about it to protect the investigation. But it's sounding more like they are just treating the case as a missing person and not a crime (which we all know it is a crime). I think they are hoping this will all just go away... maybe because it's better for tourism to say a couple women are missing than to say a couple women were murdered here on Maui.

Seems to me there is some big-time, influential meddling going on, possibly to protect big-buck tourism....who knows? It certainly seems they don't want to solve the crime......two weeks +\- and they haven't even collected the truck for processing! There's a whole lot of power shaking going on.

How do the police not examine the POI's car? Also, why did they not go to her home right away? So upsetting...

Exactly what I said a few posts back. Doesn't seem like they were at her home until they went with family and to not examine the truck??!! If this is true, this is CRAZY! And the family seems so involved. I'm sure they are pushing. I think I saw somewhere where they are trying to get the FBI involved. and despite their best efforts and pushing they seem to keep running into brick walls. shaking my head!

Exactly what I said a few posts back. Doesn't seem like they were at her home until they went with family and to not examine the truck??!! If this is true, this is CRAZY! And the family seems so involved. I'm sure they are pushing. I think I saw somewhere where they are trying to get the FBI involved. and despite their best efforts and pushing they seem to keep running into brick walls. shaking my head!

Sound like the Big Blue Wall has been erected. Everyone must keep pushing for national attention.......turn the spotlight on The Wall.:thewave:

The whole crime and investigation has me irate, if the police really want any tips I feel they should share more with community to jog people's memories. Her poor family is worried she will just become another missing person. Forgotten. I'm sure on this island someone knows or saw something. This is a 24 year old stoner , working in a hippie grocery store , not a mastermind criminal. Come on mpd. He had a DUI last year in early March according to the Maui News archives. So driving on a suspended license. Is that a crime? I'm frustrated to say the least.
We have been collecting donations for the family in my store on Hana Highway. People are amazing. Mostly women in their 20s donating. Had a nice family from New York give a nice donation last night. Helps to see the good people out there in the middle of all this bad

The whole crime and investigation has me irate, if the police really want any tips I feel they should share more with community to jog people's memories. Her poor family is worried she will just become another missing person. Forgotten. I'm sure on this island someone knows or saw something. This is a 24 year old stoner , working in a hippie grocery store , not a mastermind criminal. Come on mpd. He had a DUI last year in early March according to the Maui News archives. So driving on a suspended license. Is that a crime? I'm frustrated to say the least.
We have been collecting donations for the family in my store on Hana Highway. People are amazing. Mostly women in their 20s donating. Had a nice family from New York give a nice donation last night. Helps to see the good people out there in the middle of all this bad

Julieonmaui, we have a missing person a mile or two from me. There has been very little coverage and despite friends and family searching and reaching out to search and rescue groups, there are walls that the family cannot penetrate. Don't give up!

I'm afraid we now live in an age when those in the throes of POWER just do not care......MPD will collect their salaries, their vacation/sick pay, their pensions whether they solve cases successfully or not. Some police are good and do care but they have bosses and the Wall to contend with, too. It's another System,
another Fraternity, another Country Club. :notgood:
How do we send $$$ to the family?
Thank you, Julie.

I'm afraid we now live in an age when those in the throes of POWER just do not care......MPD will collect their salaries, their vacation/sick pay, their pensions whether they solve cases successfully or not. Some police are good and do care but they have bosses and the Wall to contend with, too. It's another System,
another Fraternity, another Country Club. :notgood:
How do we send $$$ to the family?
Thank you, Julie.

On the Facebook page ( find chari Scott ) it is misspelled they have the donation info. You are awesome to care! :loveyou:

Wait who's the second woman missing from Maui?

She's Moreira “Mo” Monsalve, photo below, who has been missing now for over a month. Unfortunately, her case is getting lost in all the publicity over Carly and her family is getting increasingly upset over the lack of any progress by the Maui Police Department.

http://mauinow.com/2014/02/13/family-of-mo-relects-on-one-month-missing/

images

Add me to the list that are beginning to feel the Maui PD is either way over their head on both these investigations or is feeling indirect or direct pressure to get the spotlight off these cases ASAP to protect the tourism "paradise" brand.

The more media exposure this case and Moreira's case can get, the more pressure there will be for the MPD to get to work. The local news station could be very helpful. And maybe we should email the police commission and mayor.

The more media exposure this case and Moreira's case can get, the more pressure there will be for the MPD to get to work. The local news station could be very helpful. And maybe we should email the police commission and mayor.

Would you be able to post the email addys and phone numbers for the commissioner and mayor?.........along with numbers for any other influential people on the island. Maybe the director of Tourism.
I can already feel interest in this case fading and now Carly's family must return to their jobs. I can't imagine the MPD will pick up the slack. It's all such a travesty. :notgood::notgood::notgood::maddening:

Would you be able to post the email addys and phone numbers for the commissioner and mayor?.........along with numbers for any other influential people on the island. Maybe the director of Tourism.
I can already feel interest in this case fading and now Carly's family must return to their jobs. I can't imagine the MPD will pick up the slack. It's all such a travesty. :notgood::notgood::notgood::maddening:

Actually, I was just looking them up!

Mayor Alan Arakawa:
http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?nid=1894

Police Commission:
http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?NID=234

How big is Maui. What is the population? Someone said it was a close knit community. What is the economic class of Maui? Two women missing from an island around the same time would raise red flags for me but the news says the police do not think they are connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! In reading this last page, I am flabbergasted that the PD there have not even LOOKED at the truck, and that their 'investigation' has been so lax. I'm stumped... can't even imagine what is going on.

This puts me in mind of the investigation on Aruba when Natalee Holloway disappeared. They didn't seem to care and did very little to find out what happened.

I just don't know what to think, anymore.

Wow! In reading this last page, I am flabbergasted that the PD there have not even LOOKED at the truck, and that their 'investigation' has been so lax. I'm stumped... can't even imagine what is going on.

This puts me in mind of the investigation on Aruba when Natalee Holloway disappeared. They didn't seem to care and did very little to find out what happened.

I just don't know what to think, anymore.

Wow, yes. And the perp on that little tourist island was the son of a judge, wasn't he? The Good Old Boys' clubs erect their Walls as quickly as tree sap floods in to seal/heal a wound.

To me it would make much more sense for LE to solve these cases than not, in regards to protecting tourism. I mean, come on, nobody wants to visit an island with a serial killer on the loose...however I highly doubt that's the case. People are statistically murdered by people they know. Unfortunately I think that will be the case here (IMO).
If LE proves this and convicts the guy it would be much more palatable to tourists as a "lovers quarrel gone bad" as opposed to the unsolved murder scenario. Just my opinion, wish they'd do SOMETHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3