GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wrap my head around these scenarios. I really want SC to be innocent. It is beyond comprehension that someone could premeditate such horrific acts to another human being.

I just can't wrap my head around these scenarios. I really want SC to be innocent. It is beyond comprehension that someone could premeditate such horrific acts to another human being.

If I may... some of the scenarios being discussed on this board are outrageous. The island is small in terms of community. My husband lost something very valuable (it was stolen) and he didn't even worry about it because his words, "it's an island, it'll come back around." And it did! Not even 2 months later, friends of friends spotted his property on the back of a random truck.

My point is, LE is not covering up or involved in some conspiracy. The island has limited resources and you have to keep in mind, they may not have met the criteria for the FBI to be involved. Mo's boyfriend left the island(s) because he couldn't take the heat. Trust me, if SC is involved in her disappearance, no stoner paid off with stolen parts is going hold on to something like this. People talk.

Let's hope they keep talking.

Stolen truck found burned and stripped - common on Maui.
Losing a signal on the highway - common on Maui.
Hitching a ride to Paia or Haiku - all day long on Maui.
Not remembering your passenger or Good Samaritan that gave you a ride - suspicious.
Seeing a truck pitched in a ditch - everyday on Maui.
Abandoned clothes on a beach - daily on an island.

This is an island based on tourism and I can't tell you how many tourists get lost on the way to Hana and ask us for directions. True the tourists mostly stick to the resort side (Lahaina, Wailea) but they eventually tired of the hot sun and find themselves over on the other side too.

If I may... some of the scenarios being discussed on this board are outrageous. The island is small in terms of community. My husband lost something very valuable (it was stolen) and he didn't even worry about it because his words, "it's an island, it'll come back around." And it did! Not even 2 months later, friends of friends spotted his property on the back of a random truck.

My point is, LE is not covering up or involved in some conspiracy. The island has limited resources and you have to keep in mind, they may not have met the criteria for the FBI to be involved. Mo's boyfriend left the island(s) because he couldn't take the heat. Trust me, if SC is involved in her disappearance, no stoner paid off with stolen parts is going hold on to something like this. People talk.

Let's hope they keep talking.

Stolen truck found burned and stripped - common on Maui.
Losing a signal on the highway - common on Maui.
Hitching a ride to Paia or Haiku - all day long on Maui.
Not remembering your passenger or Good Samaritan that gave you a ride - suspicious.
Seeing a truck pitched in a ditch - everyday on Maui.
Abandoned clothes on a beach - daily on an island.

This is an island based on tourism and I can't tell you how many tourists get lost on the way to Hana and ask us for directions. True the tourists mostly stick to the resort side (Lahaina, Wailea) but they eventually tired of the hot sun and find themselves over on the other side too.
I would also add to the list:
LE with not enough evidence in a missing person case letting the case founder-happens everywhere
Pregnant woman who disappear after helping out baby's father-uncommon on Maui
Anyone not making sure that the person who helped them out makes it home-from experience, uncommon on Maui, but I am open to the opposite.
Possibility of a 17 year old Toyota 4runner breaking down-happens everywhere, but see above item.
Likelihood that ex-boyfriend and baby father has no one else except an ex from 4 years ago and an occasional hookup friend as the only person who can help him get his truck back-uncommon anywhere.

JMO

When I didn't see Carly's name on page 1, I was hoping she had been found. I'm sad to see that isn't the case.

Sadly, this may be one of those cases that goes cold or is never solved. I'm not getting the feeling that MPD has either the manpower or motivation to solve this case. I'm not getting the feeling that anyone has a clue where to look for her. Given the topography of the island, the fact that she went missing late at night in a rural area, and the possibility that her car was abandoned and then stolen, she could be any number of places.

Sadly, this may be one of those cases that goes cold or is never solved. I'm not getting the feeling that MPD has either the manpower or motivation to solve this case. I'm not getting the feeling that anyone has a clue where to look for her. Given the topography of the island, the fact that she went missing late at night in a rural area, and the possibility that her car was abandoned and then stolen, she could be any number of places.

There is an article on the FB Find Charli Scott page that is gently critical of the current MPD and it's chief, by 5 former detectives with that dept. They say the chief distrusts the media so keeps things close to his chest. Also, they say the dept. is in a state of "flux".........sounds like disarray. So, I agree with you that both manpower and motivation are lacking.
Charli's older(?) sister believes at least 3 people know what happened? I wonder if they have been interviewed. Why wasn't SC's truck processed? Has SC been interviewed again. Did he pass the poly or not? Is he still a POI? Is anyone else a POI? So much unknown/ unanswered. It seems the family is doing most of the work in trying to find Charli.
The residents of Maui, and the public in general, need to keep a bright spotlight on the "investigation" so it doesn't go cold. :notgood::notgood::maddening:

Reading over the facebook post from sister...it says that he claims he hitchhiked back when the truck was stuck, but he can only remember it was a man that picked him up. Can't remember anything else. The sister has posted flyers everywhere to try to find if anyone saw that truck there or gave him a ride. So far nothing. And the entire community is aware of this case.
The general feeling from reading the posts is that his story is bogus.
Sorry SC, not looking good for you at all...

A mysterious good Samaritan. Unless the good Samaritan has no TV or rarely leaves home, you would think he would have come forward by now and say, "Yeah, I can back SC up on his story. I gave him a ride home."

It was only a man...no description of his vehicle or of him? Surely SC wasn't blindfolded on the way home. :facepalm: I was gone a few days and thought surely something new would have happened by now!

A mysterious good Samaritan. Unless the good Samaritan has no TV or rarely leaves home, you would think he would have come forward by now and say, "Yeah, I can back SC up on his story. I gave him a ride home."

It was only a man...no description of his vehicle or of him? Surely SC wasn't blindfolded on the way home. :facepalm: I was gone a few days and thought surely something new would have happened by now!

I was hoping to see a story about the weekend search at the very least. Without media coverage, this case is going to go cold very quickly.

I was hoping to see a story about the weekend search at the very least. Without media coverage, this case is going to go cold very quickly.

There is a petition, I believe on the FCS page (FB), for the FBI to step in and help with the investigation. The MPD seems inept by this point.

The MPD have not named him (SC) as a suspect. Don't know if that implies a YET or not. I am still hoping he is not involved, but.......have a hard time getting past the information that he hitchhiked home on a Sat. and didn't ask for Charli's help getting his vehicle until Sun. evening when it was (probably) dark. There may well be a valid reason for it, but I have an unsettled feeling about the timing.
Charli's family sound like such good, gracious people.

I think her family are amazing, good and gracious people. You are right about that. The bottom line is that they want the rumors and degrading comments to stop for fear he may stop helping. I think that everyone should respect them and follow their requests. That doesn't mean that people can't think he is involved or stick to the facts. I have read many rumors and nasty comments about him and other people in his position who turn out to be responsible or not responsible, so I get where they are coming from. The comments and rumors people are stating are not helping find her, they will only hinder the investigation, that is the point they are making. I have seen it happen with other cases, people refuse to help. Right or wrong, guilty or innocent...that is what happens.

From reading the FCS post I get the impression the "intimidating and derogatory" statements are possibly from residents of the area. Do you get that impression? :confused:

I wonder why the family worries he will stop cooperating? Why would he stop cooperating? Because people are calling him out on his actions? Who cares what people say about you? Lame excuse to stop cooperating. I just don't get this guy.

I wonder why the family worries he will stop cooperating? Why would he stop cooperating? Because people are calling him out on his actions? Who cares what people say about you? Lame excuse to stop cooperating. I just don't get this guy.

CS might care very much and because of it, try to distance himself further or even leave the island. If he does that, or he quits talking, Charli's family will never get the answers they seek.

What is important is to keep your main culprit talking. It's imperative if you want to know what happened to your loved one. He throws up a wall of silence, and their hope of finding their daughter reduces dramatically. IMO

That does not make sense. Why would someone who supposedly cares stop helping?!

I 100% agree and whether he cares or not is irrelevant. The point the family is making, is he was the last with her and could potentially hold more answers than anyone.

Even if I was innocent and everyone was bad mouthing me and threatening where I lived, I would get far from those people. I have seen other cases where people have had there lives in danger because people think they are guilty. If he could and this continues, he can hop a plane to NY, just like Mo's ex. Then what? People need to respect the family and LE and Charli.

I agree. If CS is in fact innocent of any involvement in Charli's disappearance, he can care all he wants but it's not going to protect him from accusations, threats, intimidation, stalking and vandalism. How can anyone live like that? Why should anyone have to live like that if they are innocent? Some people just assume someone's guilt and treat them accordingly. Their lives could be in danger, some people just aren't wrapped too tight. Even well meaning people.

And if CS is guilty and he's trying to play innocent, then he would deserve the harassment but at the same time, that's not going to help Charli's family get answers, it's not going to help the police figure this out. Keep him talking and see if he slips up somewhere. More than one perp has been caught by saying something that sound so innocuous at the time but with the facts of the case, some little thing they say could blow the case wide open.

The main point is, Charli's family is asking everyone to leave CS alone. Therefore it must be very important to them, and if CS stops cooperating or talking, they are the only ones who will pay for it, not all the people who are harassing and threatening CS now. And IMO if they aren't going to have the loss, then they need to keep out of it and let the family do things the way they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member