GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Police sources also revealed, the grill from Charli's SUV had been found. It was a recognizable part of the vehicle because of the skull ornament on it. When the missing 27-year old's SUV was found, it had been stripped, turned over, and burned. But the grill was not in the surf area known as 'Jaws'.

The grill and possibly other part of the SUV were found late last week in a home in Haiku but we're told the people in the home are 'suspects' in this case."

The wording is a little strange. The grill and parts of the SUV were found in a home "but" the people are suspects. It is almost like they meant "but they are not suspects". Anyone else notice that?

"Police sources also revealed, the grill from Charli's SUV had been found. It was a recognizable part of the vehicle because of the skull ornament on it. When the missing 27-year old's SUV was found, it had been stripped, turned over, and burned. But the grill was not in the surf area known as 'Jaws'.

The grill and possibly other part of the SUV were found late last week in a home in Haiku but we're told the people in the home are 'suspects' in this case."

The wording is a little strange. The grill and parts of the SUV were found in a home "but" the people are suspects. It is almost like they meant "but they are not suspects". Anyone else notice that?

I read the article you linked and it says "not suspects".

You keep saying CS - do you mean Steven Capobianco?

Sorry, yes, that's who I meant. It was late last night when I posted that. I should have been in bed. We have a SC and a CS. Any poor dyslexic would get it confused. So sorry. I had a good thought then messed it up by attributing it to the wrong person. I was thinking of the ex-bf.

Ok, this is good. They found part of her SUV, and they can start tracing that grill back to where the people in the house got it. That should eventually lead them to someone LE has already been looking at.

I am new and just joined this forum specifically for these two cases Charli and Mo. I have my own thoughts on clues that have been left daily as too who else might be involved. I am not sure what we are allowed to post and not so will have to look at the forum rules before I post my thoughts and why.

I am delighted to see that there is new evidence in this case, that the MPD is conducting searches, and that the news media, at least Maui News, continues to publish updates. I'm hoping that the discovery of the SUV grill will lead them to the car strippers, and that the car strippers will tell MPD where the SUV was when they discovered it. This could be a very valuable clue. I am assuming at this point that Charli's SUV was abandoned and that a group of people then stripped the vehicle, drove it to the area above Jaws surf break, and burned it. That's a lot of assumptions.

So wait. Car parts were found in a house identified as from Charli's car but the residents are not suspects? Were they the ones that stripped and torched it ?! Wouldn't they know where the car was found!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming you are referring to the facebook page Find Charli Scott?
Her first name seems to be spelled wrong but the rest seems legit.

https://www.facebook.com/FindCharliScott

No, I wasn't referring to that page, HGO. The new member, Speedy1963, mentioned a FB page THEY were following of an individual person that has been dropping clues (quoted in my original post). I just think it would be a good idea to let LE know.

So wait. Car parts were found in a house identified as from Charli's car but the residents are not suspects? Were they the ones that stripped and torched it ?! Wouldn't they know where the car was found!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that they bought the parts from the original strippers. I hope these people are able to share reliable information with LE to determine what actually happened to Charli's car. Did the strippers find it abandoned at Jaws and simply take advantage? Did they find it on the road with keys in it, drive it to Jaws, then strip it? I'm hopeful answers are coming soon.

I made a composite of the front and side views of Charli's car, a 1997 Toyota 4 Runner. Notice the skull on the grille; it has LED lights in the eyes, very distinctive. Also in the composite is a picture of the vehicle that clearly shows that it was stripped prior to burning. I would bet you lunch that more than one person was involved in stripping the vehicle, particularly because it was found lying on its side. But you never know. Without doors and tires, it might have been fairly easy to tip over. I'm hoping that the person or persons who stripped the car had nothing to do with Charli's disappearance and would be willing to talk to MPD in exchange for immunity from prosecution.

Attachments

• CharlisCar1.jpg
    CharlisCar1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 92
No, I wasn't referring to that page, HGO. The new member, Speedy1963, mentioned a FB page THEY were following of an individual person that has been dropping clues (quoted in my original post). I just think it would be a good idea to let LE know.

absolutely! agree!

If the reports of finding maggots, teeth, and bones are untrue, why then has the FCS page just posted a TV news segment reiterating that informtion?
Also, was the name of the FB page dropping clues Crabapple Jones?

I'm guessing that they bought the parts from the original strippers. I hope these people are able to share reliable information with LE to determine what actually happened to Charli's car. Did the strippers find it abandoned at Jaws and simply take advantage? Did they find it on the road with keys in it, drive it to Jaws, then strip it? I'm hopeful answers are coming soon.

I think we should call the "strippers", thieves. ;)

(don't mean to come off as a grammar tsar, my mind is in the gutter when I read about strippers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth