GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I texted with Brooke for a quick minute, I heart breaks for them. Yes, Chunk O Butter is Steve FB page.

It is so very sad to have it confirmed, even though most of us felt she was "gone". Now maybe the family can begin to release their grief. It must be such a roller coaster of emotion to hang on to Hope in the face of the nightmarish scenario they had before them. What courage and dignity they showed.

So very sad :( If someone is talking, I hope they will give up and tell LE where Charli is :(

Charli and Steve both had silver 4 runners

Wait - I'm confused. Is SC's 4 Runner the 'truck' that he was supposedly buying from his friend? The vehicle that he claims broke down along Hana Hwy. the day that Charli went missing? The vehicle that his friend reclaimed because SC had not paid his friend as promised? The vehicle that Maui police had not processed?

Very sad news. Whoever is responsible, it's just a matter of time. The evidence is mounting.

I sure hope the evidence is mounting. I get ill wondering what the monster/s did to Charli and Joshua to leave behind bone.
Someone is taunting SC on the FB impersonator page. I think SC must
have a thick skin, though.

Hawaii does not have any protection of the unborn laws. In this situation the person and / or persons would only be prosecuted for the death of Charli not Joshua. If anyone knows of a law please let me know so I can pass it along. Thanks

http://mauinow.com/2014/03/07/police-charli-scott-case-re-classified-as-homicide/

Here is the link to the comments about SC leaving and finding multiple remains. Like I said just internet chatter at this point.

In the absence of facts, rumors and speculation abound. I don't believe a word of it. However, I am still pretty amazed that MPD reclassified the case as a homicide at this point in the investigation. I first started sleuthing way back in 2002 with the Laci Peterson case, and IIRC, she was classified as "missing" until the day they found her remains. I think at this point we are all waiting for MPD to drop the other shoe.

Ok, Kapua, what does IIRC mean? I was under the impression the blood found with her clothes was analyzed for DNA and that is why it is now classified as a homicide, but I've been wrong before. Also, multiple bodies (in this case meaning more than two), unfortunately, isn't beyond anyone's imagination in this day and age...........only if SC is thought to be the perp.

Ok, Kapua, what does IIRC mean? I was under the impression the blood found with her clothes was analyzed for DNA and that is why it is now classified as a homicide, but I've been wrong before. Also, multiple bodies (in this case meaning more than two), unfortunately, isn't beyond anyone's imagination in this day and age...........only if SC is thought to be the perp.

I also am assuming that something from the reported bone, tooth, blood, clothing... was found to be hers after forensic testing, thus changing the classification to homicide.

What about Mo?

I think the difference, unfortunately, is that there is no specific location to search for Mo. Charli's dog, car, and cell phone ping gave an area in which to search while Mo basically just vanished.

One thing that has nagged at me from the beginning is that, in his news interview, SC said he fixed his car because he had "light-weight" tools. Why would he use that description? Is it a brand name? Why be so precise about that point?
Also, am wondering about the reports coming out now that Charli's bra was cut. If SC is the perp, why would he need to cut her bra?

One thing that has nagged at me from the beginning is that, in his news interview, SC said he fixed his car because he had "light-weight" tools. Why would he use that description? Is it a brand name? Why be so precise about that point?

This is a very good question.

Also, am wondering about the reports coming out now that Charli's bra was cut. If SC is the perp, why would he need to cut her bra?

To make it look like she was attacked by a sexual predator. Or because some men are notoriously bad with unhooking the bras and the darkness and hurry certainly did not help.

To make it look like she was attacked by a sexual predator. Or because some men are notoriously bad with unhooking the bras and the darkness and hurry certainly did not help.

Why take off her clothes at all if if was SC?

IIRC = If I recall correctly.

In the absence of a statement by MPD, I think it is reasonable to assume that the re-classification occurred due to the lab results returned from the clothing. IF reports that blood, bone, and teeth were found along with the clothing are correct, then maybe that in itself is enough to reclassify. I was pretty sure that she wouldn't be found alive from early on in the case. It would be very rare for a pregnant woman with a loving family to take a pleasure trip and not contact her family. And whenever a woman is without her vehicle, cell phone, and money, I suspect the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw