GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered reading CS sister saying she believes that at least three people know what happened. The lightbulb just went off. There seems to be three consistent posters that seem to taunt and almost challenge SC, posting info that would not be widely known. Is it all the same person? or a few friends that know as fact the story doesn't add up? It's as if they want so badly to speak up but something is holding them back.

I don't know about that. Personally I think SC attracted the Anon hive, JMHO.

ETA-well, probably not the hive. . .but a few Anons.

1. Crabapple Jones, you intrigue me. Why the subliminal messages on your facebook page?

2. A study to find out what happened to Charli and Joshua Scott facebook page suggests a romantic interest for SC returning to the island. Also intriguing.

Well, well, well. We have found our Amber Frey. Her name is Cass and she works at Mana Foods in Paia. According to the "study" FB page, she told SC that she did not want to be a stepmom. (!) The plot thickens.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in cell phone techology. But I know for a fact that any cell phone will ping off the closest tower, all the time, every time. Again, it is like a two-way radio. The GPS is an addition that's nice to use when you get lost. I wouldn't find it particularly useful in Hawaii, particularly Maui. It's much harder to get lost on a small island.

Cell phones don't always ping of the closest tower. They ping off the closest tower with the strongest signal particularly if there is a bubble of no coverage. Following the pings helps determine location and route travelled but there can be pings that are no where near the cell phone location. Granted this probably doesn't apply in this case since its an island.

I live in rural Nova Scotia, Canada and often my iPhone pings off a tower in another province even though there are closer towers due to tower strenghth and height of land. There was interesting testimony about cell phone pinging during the Chris Falconer (Amber Kirwan) trial.

Cell phones don't always ping of the closest tower. They ping off the closest tower with the strongest signal particularly if there is a bubble of no coverage. Following the pings helps determine location and route travelled but there can be pings that are no where near the cell phone location. Granted this probably doesn't apply in this case since its an island.

I live in rural Nova Scotia, Canada and often my iPhone pings off a tower in another province even though there are closer towers due to tower strenghth and height of land. There was interesting testimony about cell phone pinging during the Chris Falconer (Amber Kirwan) trial.

True, forgive me for oversimplifying. Mountains and other obstacles can interfere, so "closest with strongest signal" is correct. But all investigators have to do is take a cell phone of the same type as Charli's for a drive and track the signal strength and loss of signal along the highway to figure out her approximate location. This is assuming that she was with her phone. If he was clever enough to do the deed in Haiku and then drive to Hana scattering clues, as hambirg and others have suggested, then it was only her phone that was going for a ride. However, you'd think he'd toss the phone out at or just past Twin Falls to corroborate his alibi. No matter. I have a feeling that justice is closing in on him.

I'm wondering if this WS page and the FB Study page allow Steven to fine-tuned his version of events, move things around such as weapon, body, etc. it may allow him to see perspectives on this case that he wouldn't have on his own. Hope it doesn't give him opportunities to stay one step ahead.
Does anyone know if his girlfriend suspects him or not?

So far, we have 2 theories of where Charli and Joshua may be resting.

1. They are in the Keanae/Honomanu/Nua`ailua Bay area near where her clothes and other artifacts were found.

2. They are in the Haiku area, near SC's grandfather's house and the evidence was planted in Keanae and the dog Nala dropped off in Nahiku following the murders.

I think these are the two most likely possibilities, but SC had 9 hours to work, so Charli and Joshua could be just about anywhere in East Maui, as I posted before. However, it is difficult to move a 160 lb. corpse, and SC doesn't have a driver's license, so unless he had help, he would most likely dispose of the bodies close to where he killed them. I don't think he'd drive around with the corpse in the SUV, but it is certainly possible that he did. Scott Peterson drove from Modesto to Berkeley with his wife and child's corpse in his boat.

If I were conducting the investigation, I would bring in a team of cadaver dogs and put them to work in both areas. If possible, I would also make use of the underwater robotic cameras that were used in the search for Laci Peterson in San Francisco Bay.

I wonder if one of SC's "light tools" was a shovel. He could have buried them some distance away from where her clothes were found. It would not take long for vegetation to completely obscure the burial site.

I'm wondering if this WS page and the FB Study page allow Steven to fine-tuned his version of events, move things around such as weapon, body, etc. it may allow him to see perspectives on this case that he wouldn't have on his own. Hope it doesn't give him opportunities to stay one step ahead.
Does anyone know if his girlfriend suspects him or not?

With an alibi as lame as the one he provided, I hardly see this loser being one step ahead of anyone. I think even he knows that he won't get away with this.

As to the girlfriend, if she is still with him, she is as dumb as dirt. Any woman with an ounce of common sense would run for the hills.

So far, we have 2 theories of where Charli and Joshua may be resting.

1. They are in the Keanae/Honomanu/Nua`ailua Bay area near where her clothes and other artifacts were found.

2. They are in the Haiku area, near SC's grandfather's house and the evidence was planted in Keanae and the dog Nala dropped off in Nahiku following the murders.

I think these are the two most likely possibilities, but SC had 9 hours to work, so Charli and Joshua could be just about anywhere in East Maui, as I posted before. However, it is difficult to move a 160 lb. corpse, and SC doesn't have a driver's license, so unless he had help, he would most likely dispose of the bodies close to where he killed them. I don't think he'd drive around with the corpse in the SUV, but it is certainly possible that he did. Scott Peterson drove from Modesto to Berkeley with his wife and child's corpse in his boat.

If I were conducting the investigation, I would bring in a team of cadaver dogs and put them to work in both areas. If possible, I would also make use of the underwater robotic cameras that were used in the search for Laci Peterson in San Francisco Bay.

I wonder if one of SC's "light tools" was a shovel. He could have buried them some distance away from where her clothes were found. It would not take long for vegetation to completely obscure the burial site.

I dont think the lack of a drivers license would stop him.. it did not stop him from driving the truck ( supposedly) to where it 'broke down".. And anyone who would allegedly murder the mother of his child probably is not all that concerned over 'laws' anyhow...

I don't think someone who would murder a mother and child would be held back by no driver's license, IMNSHO.

I am so pleased to hear that SC's girlfriend suspects him. That is good news!

It's not looking good for SC is it? It's like he read a textbook on how to look guilty and then implemented it. He's doing all the "don'ts" in a murder case.

Well, I would think it's one less ally. How would it not be good news?

It would not be good news for Cass's mental health to know that a statement that she made about not wanting to be a stepmother might have had some part in motivating her boyfriend to murder a beautiful expectant mother, IMHO. She must be horrified by the thought.

It would not be good news for Cass's mental health to know that a statement that she made about not wanting to be a stepmother might have had some part in motivating her boyfriend to murder a beautiful expectant mother, IMHO. She must be horrified by the thought.

I have to pretty much wonder why she even made such a comment. Is that when SC told her that CS was expecting? And if she made that comment, what did she think was going to happen?

She should have just told him she wanted to break up instead of sounding so petty and thereby inadvertently putting a target on CS's back and the baby's.

If the girlfriend was not ready to be a stepparent there is nothing wrong with expressing that. She's 21 for God's sake! That is a reasonable and honest conversation to have. I may be wrong but I do not think this was a serious relationship. It's unfair to point the finger at this girl. No way she could have known CS fate.

I'm completely thrown on this one. Would you clarify, please. Thank you.

I think this was answered already. Sorry just checking in now.
The facebook page "a study to find out what happened to Charli and Joshua Scott"...the person has a map with specific streets and area to search.

I asked why that specific location. The answer was SC grandfather lives around there.

As I've said, the "A study" page is very interesting as is the Crabapple Jones page. Why so mysterious? Why the subliminal messages?

As far as this or any other online activity giving SC ideas...he's already given his statements, any change to his story or movement will be red flagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne