GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Peterson never had a legit alibi and he's on death row in California. I don't really call what Steven has claimed as his alibi an 'alibi.' It's just a story. An alibi is when you have something solid showing you were somewhere at a particular time on a particular day. Scott Peterson's alleged alibi actually turned into circumstantial evidence against him because he had been there in the Bay and it turned out to be a crime scene. Dumb move on his part.

I don't think she ever left Haiku. Call it a gut feeling. What happened in the Laci Peterson case? Scott Peterson killed Laci in their house then put her body in his boat and dumped her in the bay attached to anchors. I think a lot of people are comparing Charli's case with the Peterson case because there are similarities. So run with it. Maybe Steven was researching the Peterson case as well. MOO. Maybe the reason the times (when he called Charli, when she picked him up, when they got to Keanae, how long it took to fix the truck, when they left, when he got back) are specific is because Scott got tripped up by that. Who could forget 8:00, 8:30, 9:30... Of course that looks contrived too, but easy to remember, less hard to slip up.

Obviously if Steven murdered her, he had to leave Haiku at some point to ditch evidence. But that's really not that hard to do. The only thing that is difficult to understand is the torching of the 4Runner.

Steven knew Haiku. He lives there. He probably knew it would be harder to search private property than public, so it would make sense for him to rid himself of her body there. I do think he knows something of the law, too. MOO

Possible scenario: Charli pulls up at Steven's house, leaves Nala in the car and goes to get Steven. Once inside, Steven, who has planned this, murders her. He does whatever he needs to do to 'clean up' the scene, puts her body in his truck, leaves Charli's truck with Nala inside where it is, goes and dumps her body or buries it nearby, then comes back, cleans truck. Then he takes Charli's 4Runner with Nala inside and goes for a ride with the rest of the evidence, drops Nala, scatters the rest of the evidence, goes to Peahi/Jaws, sprays a white AV on the front and/or side window(s) and leaves the vehicle there. Maybe calls someone (from a payphone or phone that can't be tracked) he knows of who parts out trucks, "Hey, I just seen one 4 Runner at Peahi, go get em before it's gone, brah. Bettah you burn it aftah." Then he goes home, commits the timeline to memory.... MHO

The police need to get inside his house.

* AV stands for abandoned vehicle, a lot of cars that break down on the side of the road that aren't immediately towed away are tagged with a white AV on the windshield or back window by the police. Also, on the Big Island, if you break down in a country or rural area, such as South Kona, you may just kiss your car goodbye if you don't get it out of there right away. Plenty of cars break down and within a day have broken windshields, stolen or slashed tires etc. I've seen a burnt car but not for a long time. It used to be way worse here.

I agree with most of this, but, think about this, Laci was killed in her home. I don't think SC would have killed Charli in his home, because if evidence is found there it ties him to the crime. If evidence is found in Charli's home, it's just natural that she would have been there and it doesn't necessarily point directly at him. Sooooo. . .I think he was laying in wait for her at her home. Kills her there. Puts her in her car and takes her body somewhere in that area. Throws her clothes and phone in the car, picks up the dog and heads off up Hana Hwy. He maybe even swings by his house. . .so her phone travels there and witnesses might see her car there. Drops off the dog, dumps the clothes and phone and then the rest as you say. . .maybe walks home or already has his truck parked nearby.

MOO!!! :moo:

Scott Peterson never had a legit alibi and he's on death row in California. I don't really call what Steven has claimed as his alibi an 'alibi.' It's just a story. An alibi is when you have something solid showing you were somewhere at a particular time on a particular day. Scott Peterson's alleged alibi actually turned into circumstantial evidence against him because he had been there in the Bay and it turned out to be a crime scene. Dumb move on his part.

I don't think she ever left Haiku. Call it a gut feeling. What happened in the Laci Peterson case? Scott Peterson killed Laci in their house then put her body in his boat and dumped her in the bay attached to anchors. I think a lot of people are comparing Charli's case with the Peterson case because there are similarities. So run with it. Maybe Steven was researching the Peterson case as well. MOO. Maybe the reason the times (when he called Charli, when she picked him up, when they got to Keanae, how long it took to fix the truck, when they left, when he got back) are specific is because Scott got tripped up by that. Who could forget 8:00, 8:30, 9:30... Of course that looks contrived too, but easy to remember, less hard to slip up.

Obviously if Steven murdered her, he had to leave Haiku at some point to ditch evidence. But that's really not that hard to do. The only thing that is difficult to understand is the torching of the 4Runner.

Steven knew Haiku. He lives there. He probably knew it would be harder to search private property than public, so it would make sense for him to rid himself of her body there. I do think he knows something of the law, too. MOO

Possible scenario: Charli pulls up at Steven's house, leaves Nala in the car and goes to get Steven. Once inside, Steven, who has planned this, murders her. He does whatever he needs to do to 'clean up' the scene, puts her body in his truck, leaves Charli's truck with Nala inside where it is, goes and dumps her body or buries it nearby, then comes back, cleans truck. Then he takes Charli's 4Runner with Nala inside and goes for a ride with the rest of the evidence, drops Nala, scatters the rest of the evidence, goes to Peahi/Jaws, sprays a white AV on the front and/or side window(s) and leaves the vehicle there. Maybe calls someone (from a payphone or phone that can't be tracked) he knows of who parts out trucks, "Hey, I just seen one 4 Runner at Peahi, go get em before it's gone, brah. Bettah you burn it aftah." Then he goes home, commits the timeline to memory.... MHO

The police need to get inside his house.

So much about this case reminds me of the Peterson case, from the fishy story (both literally and figuratively fishy in Scott's case) to the new girlfriends, to the lack of emotion and concern for Laci/Charli, even to their pets, who were both released. Laci had a large dog, too. His name was MacKenzie. Scott claimed that Laci told him that she was going to walk the dog in La Loma park. A neighbor found MacKenzie wandering around and put him back in the yard. Back then I remember thinking, 'no stranger would abduct a pregnant woman accompanied by a large dog.' Deja vu.

There are a few things we can learn from the Peterson case and apply to Charli's case. One, it is hugely important to get as much media coverage as possible. The Modesto Bee ran news stories at least weekly until Scott was arrested. Two, don't give up searching, it may take a while to find them. It took 4 months to find Laci and Conor and LE searched muddy, polluted SF Bay in winter conditions with special underwater equipment. In the end, nature took its course and Conor and Laci surfaced. Three, keep an eye on your POI. Scott tried to run for the border and if SC gets the chance, he'll do the same.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to say, but on his fb profile in 2012 he says he is a process server. Mods, please delete if that is not allowed.

Is that the Chunk O'butter FB page or is there another? If so, please share it with us. Mahalo. :blowkiss:

Is that the Chunk O'butter FB page or is there another? If so, please share it with us. Mahalo. :blowkiss:

Yes, Chunk O'butter. I spent hours one day looking at it. He posts that he is looking for a certain person with license plate number ####### and then in the comments section says he is a process server. I don't know if he still is or not. I've already reported this tip.

You're welcome. :)

Yes, Chunk O'butter. I spent hours one day looking at it. He posts that he is looking for a certain person with license plate number ####### and then in the comments section says he is a process server. I don't know if he still is or not. I've already reported this tip.

You're welcome. :)

I love that Charli's sister is vocal on chunk o butters facebook!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess what I was trying to ask, and I didn't think it through too clearly, was this- are there any special procedures for possible evidence found on private property? Also, are searchers having an easy or hard time getting permission to search private properties? I was looking at Haiku properties and had found one that is on several acres with a fish pond large enough to swim in.

Searchers are careful not to disturb an area in which we find potential evidence and wait for authorities to arrive. The community has been incredibly inviting and helpful, not only giving permission, but also loads of time and effort.

Yes. Searches were done from Maliko Gulch (about mm 12) on to Huelo, Keanae and then Hana. Includes air, ocean and land. The only places not checked on Haleakala side of Maui are private properties, including Hawaiian Homelands, and the summit.

Respect to those who searched these areas, however this does not cover the Haiku area which is large. SC's residence including under it needs to be searched, and then spread out from there.

My money's on the guy with motive and opportunity. I'm betting the rent on the person with the ridiculous alibi, the father of her unborn child, the person who called himself "the prime suspect" before it was determined that a crime had been committed, the guy with the hot new girlfriend who told him that she did not want to be a stepmom, and the person who was the last one known to have seen her. MOO.:moo:

I take the attitude innocent until proven guilty, and take into account all possibilities.

When I first encountered this case, I gave SC the benefit of the doubt. However, as information began to take shape, the focus on SC was hard to ignore. What tipped the scale for me was the new girlfriend and the disparaging photos and text on his Facebook communicating his character and attitude before the incident.

He was the one that asked her out that night
He was the last one to see her that night
No real concern for her welfare after leaving her that night
No real public remorse or defending himself
No one saw his broken down truck that night
Shallow story of what happened that night
Requested 5 month pregnant ex-girlfriend for help out of all his friends
Reported to have asked her out alone and remote prior to that night
Reported $1200 cash advance prior to incident
Reported verbal abuse towards her in public
Faced with possibility of child support
Associated with drug crowd
Disparaging Facebook photos and text
New girlfriend

Factor in that most of these types of cases are caused by the significant other.

Its time for the professionals to question the holes in his story.

Its time for justice to be served!

I take the attitude innocent until proven guilty, and take into account all possibilities.

When I first encountered this case, I gave SC the benefit of the doubt. However, as information began to take shape, the focus on SC was hard to ignore. What tipped the scale for me was the new girlfriend and the disparaging photos and text on his Facebook communicating his character and attitude before the incident.

He was the one that asked her out that night
He was the last one to see her that night
No real concern for her welfare after leaving her that night
No real public remorse or defending himself
No one saw his broken down truck that night
Shallow story of what happened that night
Requested 5 month pregnant ex-girlfriend for help out of all his friends
Reported to have asked her out alone and remote prior to that night
Reported $1200 cash advance prior to incident
Reported verbal abuse towards her in public
Faced with possibility of child support
Associated with drug crowd
Disparaging Facebook photos and text
New girlfriend

Factor in that most of these types of cases are caused by the significant other.

Its time for the professionals to question the holes in his story.

Its time for justice to be served!

Can I ask what the verbal abuse in public was? Never heard this but not surprised. TIA

Reminder

For many that are new here if you post something as fact you need to link it up to a MSM source. (Mainstream media)

We don't want rumors to grow legs so if you are stating your opinion, please say so.

Thank you and :welcome5: all new members!

I'd like to know Charli's routine with her dogs. Does she keep them inside when she is gone? Out in the yard? Where does she let them go to the bathroom?

What I'm getting at is, were the dogs inside when she came home and would she have let them out to do their business before taking Nala on a long car ride? Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Charli thought someone was breaking in through her bathroom?

Can someone point me to the info about the new girlfriend? Thanks.

Her picture and info has been removed from where it was, which is probably a good thing. I hope she is safe and well.

In regards to Maui PD. At the FBI office in Honolulu anyone can call or walk in and file a complaint against the Maui PD. It does not have to be related just to this case. After the FBI recieves enough complaints about the FBI they will have to look into the numerous and various complaints. The FBI could already be investigating MPD or have already received several complaints and a few more will help. If anyone does file a complaint and have documentation, pictures, etc to support their claim it is very helpful.

She has a facebook page

IMHO, the new girlfriend is an innocent caught in the middle of this mess; the symptom, not the motive. As I posted before, she must be horrified. She didn't cause SC to do what I (and some others of us) think he did. His motive, IMHO, was to relieve himself of any responsibility for Joshua so that he could chase all of the new girlfriends that he wanted to for as long as he wanted to. SC is a narcissistic sociopath who cares only for himself. Girlfriends exist only to elevate his status. MOO. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member