GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I incorrectly thought Matthew McCormick worked at Mana Foods with Scott Capobianco however it was Whole Food MM worked at. sorry for any confusion.

I may be way, way behind on this...going to throw it out anyway.
It is my understanding that the sugarcane field burn schedule is easily accessed. A quick search looks like there are fields very close to where SC was living and along Hana hwy. I remember many searches posted but non that I remember specific to a cane field that was recently burnt or scheduled to be burnt. I take nothing away from the amazing searches and mean no disrespect asking if this was done?

Here is the sugarcane field burn schedule.

http://hcsugar.com/sugarcane-burn-schedule/

Looks like there is one scheduled for this morning at 3 AM Hawaii time at a field along Hana Hwy.

What I remember reading is that none of the searches involved private property unless the property owner had given permission. A cane field would be private property.

"What I remember reading is that none of the searches involved private property unless the property owner had given permission. A cane field would be private property."

Yes, that's what I remember, also, and how many cane field fires have there been since Feb. 9th? What a mess.

I'd like see a journalist cover a story about status of SC, for public interest and safety. He potentially done with all charges they reported before and free tomorrow? Police and news maybe do minimum work then citizens confused and have no trust and more crime.

Well, I'm not the journalist you asked for. I believe the initial burglary charges were dismissed and new, improved charges for the same crime instated. I also believe he is still held on the deadly weapon's charge which carries the $500,000+\- bail.
Your last sentence resonates with me....basically spot-on. IMNSHO.

Not the same topic, but.........one can always hope MM is in the witness protection program.

Well, I'm not the journalist you asked for. I believe the initial burglary charges were dismissed and new, improved charges for the same crime instated. I also believe he is still held on the deadly weapon's charge which carries the $500,000+\- bail.

Thankyou. I deleted some of what I just posted up there because I was being a hothead. There are some journalists on Maui who care a lot.

I wonder if the cane field company would not let them search there? I would suspect that the temp of the fire would leave nothing behind. :( If only those fields could talk...

Mamamerced, at first thought, it seems so far fetched to think in terms of the witness protection program but... you may be absolutely right! A star witness would need to be protected not only from SC but whatever darkness surrounds this case. I think it's been established that MM and SC were more than casual acquaintances. What were they up too?

I don't think it's witness protection but I wish I could believe MPD had it together to be that far ahead.

I don't think it's witness protection but I wish I could believe MPD had it together to be that far ahead.

I was being mostly facetious, but it might bode better for MM if it were true.
Agree the common ground most likely was drugs.

Speaking of, IMO, the possibility of a drug connection between SC and MM......does anyone know, in your opinion, if there is an established cartel operating on Maui?
Locals.....willing to say? In your own opinion, of course.
I live in an area in which there is one, due to pot growing and meth manufacturing. And, people disappear/go missing more than would be expected, never to be seen or heard of again. Also, bodies are found a few times a year at least. They are too often deemed suicides because they are found hanging from a tree by their own belt. Yeah, right. It seems to be a hazard of the industry here.
So.........

Where is that so I dont go there and maybe you should move

Well, surprise, like Maui, it is a popular tourist destination in wine country, with a very potent Tourist Board, toady Board of Supes, and way-understaffed sheriff and police departments Most people stopping to taste at the corporately owned, architect-designed "boutique" wineries in a most bucolic country setting would never guess what goes on behind the scenes here. But, the locals know.

How relieved his mother, family and friends must be. If he does have information regarding Charli, maybe he is ready to talk.

Which leads me to a question, if someone is reported missing is it mandatory the police bring the person in for questioning? Regardless of any rumors of why? If I went missing, with no rumors attached to my name, and just show up what is the police protocol?

How relieved his mother, family and friends must be. If he does have information regarding Charli, maybe he is ready to talk.

Which leads me to a question, if someone is reported missing is it mandatory the police bring the person in for questioning? Regardless of any rumors of why? If I went missing, with no rumors attached to my name, and just show up what is the police protocol?
It appears he went missing due to an outstanding arrest warrant, so they'd be bringing him in for questioning anyway.
https://www.facebook.com/mauisearchandrescue/posts/1481079162133302

Oh. I completely missed that he was found. Hopefully they get something out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members