GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That took a while to read through the last two threads! I learned of the case early on, but just recently found it here on WS, so I spent the last week catching up and refreshing my memory. Here's a few of my thoughts.

My original impression I got of Jaws was that it was much closer to Hana Hwy, making it easy for someone to walk to/from town. Then I watched the YouTube video from Thread #1 of the road to Jaws and it appears to be literally in the middle of no where, miles of winding dirt road, and if there were burned out cars, I did not see them. Then I watched the video here in Thread #2 (#267) and got a completely different view. There are burned out and abandoned cars littering the side of the road. Now I'm understanding why this wouldn't have drawn attention to locals and it's anybody's guess if SC burned it or a "wrecking crew". Haven't I read that he lived nearby? How close? Because I wouldn't think this would be easy to walk? Especially at night.

I, like everyone else, see so many inconsistencies and holes in SC's story that I'm having a hard time keeping them straight. For one, saying that your truck broke down, then saying that it was stuck are two totally different things. If I recall, the truck was borrowed (if not, then I missed that clarification). Then why wouldn't he call the owner to help him fix it? I'd love to hear what exactly the quick fix was that he had to drive 2 hrs to do in the dark. And who in the world speeds up after seeing the mother of their baby turn off of a dark highway, in any situation? As for the landlord taking Charli's items because he knew she wouldn't return (as it's been discussed), it would make sense that he would feel this way if the deed happened at her house and he witnessed it. Just a thought. I'm not saying what he did was right at all, or is any less creepy than it appears, but it would give reason to why he was certain she wouldn't be returning only a few days after she went missing.

Anyway, I really don't think SC is as intelligent as he is credited in some of the theories out there. IMHO, I think it was a simple plan, easy to conduct without leaving a trace, and without a lot of "prep work" and organization (digging a hole, having someone else use your FB profile, etc). I go back and forth on if Charli went down Hana Hwy or not that night, and today I believe she didn't. I think they met up at his house after he lied about a broken truck, they loaded up in her SUV with Nala and tools, he killed her early in the trek (and if the bone and tooth end up being hers, I would think it's likely he shot her in the face, as much as I hate to type that), then scattered her, her belongings and dog along the highway, and took her SUV to Jaws where he thought it would likely be destroyed or vandalized. Now in a few days I might think differently.

I am really wondering about these break-ins that supposedly happened leading up to this crime. As far as we know, she didn't give much description, so it tells me she didn't know them. OR that she did not see them but only felt something was off, maybe things were moved or taken, and assumed someone had been in her place. Another thing that bothers me...if her car was originally low on gas, and it had been driven as far as SC says it was, wouldn't there be some indication that she stopped to get gas? Surveillance footage at a gas station, activity on either of their check cards, something?!? That would show if they drove separate vehicles, if she got gas before she even got to his house, if he was alone, where along the highway she/he was at that time, if his story is even more BS than Scott Peterson's, etc.

Hi Dallen, welcome! All great questions. I believe there where motives beyond the pregnancy. Something bigger than just Charli and Steven's relationship. As far as who actually dunnit, I think that answer is clear. The storyline behind it, I think is a whole different thing. If you've taken the time to read through the multiple facebook pages and online sites I think you can see following the subliminal clues has become exhausting. I hope every day that her family finds the answers and her murderer is punished.

Hi Dallen, welcome! All great questions. I believe there where motives beyond the pregnancy. Something bigger than just Charli and Steven's relationship. As far as who actually dunnit, I think that answer is clear. The storyline behind it, I think is a whole different thing. If you've taken the time to read through the multiple facebook pages and online sites I think you can see following the subliminal clues has become exhausting. I hope every day that her family finds the answers and her murderer is punished.
Thank you!!! Glad to have joined! I have read all of the posts here and about as much as I can take from FB (it's exhausting and depleting lol). I agree, it is pretty clear! But I think it was pregnancy related, in most part because of how unattached he seems to her and the baby. He has emotionally removed himself from the situation it seems. I haven't seen much info in re: to any criminal or drug past with Charli. I find it hard to believe any motive had to do with money (she drives an older vehicle, doesn't seem to come from money but an average family, about to become a single mother, working 2 jobs), and usually a drug related motive is for monetary gain or because the victim owes. I just don't see that here. I pray for justice and answers for her, her baby and her family.

A SAR gentleman once told me, and one should repeat it several times as it is very true and reminds us that we are just sitting behind a computer...
Never assume you know anything... or everything about a missing person. Never assume you know anything... or everything about a POI.
:thinking:

I'm sorry but
OMG OMG OMG OMG
I wish I could go there and camp out at the court house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had to do a double take! I literally got the goose bumps! One step closer for Charli's family. This is such great news! JUSTICE!
(((shivers)))

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...newsbreak_missing_pregnant_womans_ex_indicted

The ex-boyfriend of a Maui woman who was five months pregnant when she disappeared in February has been indicted on charges of killing her and torching her SUV to cover up the crime.

Steven Capobianco of Maui is expected to be served with an arrest warrant Monday at Maui Community Correctional Center, where he has been held since last month in an unrelated case, said a person familiar with the investigation who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly about the case.

A Maui grand jury on Friday indicted Capobianco on a second-degree murder charge in the death of 27-year-old Carly Scott, who has never been found.

Wonder if MM revealed pertinent information.......or forensics?

I'm going to have to read up on second degree murder charges and what needs to be proved to the jury for conviction. Never enough time in the day!

Anyone know why the charge is 2nd degree murder and not 1st? Because the body's not been found? If that's the case then there is no incentive (just the opposite) for SC to give it up.

Anyone know why the charge is 2nd degree murder and not 1st? Because the body's not been found? If that's the case then there is no incentive (just the opposite) for SC to give it up.

Here's the requirements for first degree murder in Hawaii:

A person commits the offense of murder in the first degree if the person intentionally or knowingly causes the death of:

(a) More than one person in the same or separate incident;

(b) A law enforcement officer, judge, or prosecutor arising out of the performance of official duties;

(c) A person known by the defendant to be a witness in a criminal prosecution and the killing is related to the person's status as a witness;

(d) A person by a hired killer, in which event both the person hired and the person responsible for hiring the killer shall be punished under this section;

(e) A person while the defendant was imprisoned;

(f) A person from whom the defendant has been restrained, by order of any court, including an ex parte order, from contacting, threatening, or physically abusing pursuant to chapter 586;

(g) A person who is being protected by a police officer ordering the defendant to leave the premises of that protected person pursuant to section 709-906(4), during the effective period of that order; or

(h) A person known by the defendant to be a witness in a family court proceeding and the killing is related to the person's status as a witness.

http://law.justia.com/codes/hawaii/2013/title-37/chapter-707/section-707-701

I think (a) would apply in this case. Joshua would have been born by now if he and his mother had been allowed to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro