GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have read that on another site and I am glad to see it on a standard MSM. I have not seen it confirmed by LE which makes me add disclaimers in my theories. A skill learned in some other threads (How many ways can I say "maybe", "could be", "my opinion", "I think"-you know the drill :) )

Thank you kindly for the words of welcome, RainyAlaska & HeartGoesOut!

MamaMerced: I’m not sure Matt McCormick’s intentional disappearance would have had anything to do with SC’s case/crime, as it seemed to me that Matt simply did not want to be arrested himself so he went into hiding. Matt lived in Makawao while Steven lived in Haiku, but they were both probably alumni of King Kekaulike High School and may have known each other or partied together.

That’s interesting to know that the N. shore area had a darkness to it back in the late 70s. I’d bet some bad things happened in the area back then which are now long forgotten by most since they occurred in the pre-internet age, before everything was memorialized online for all eternity. ;-)

So, regarding Steven Capobianco’s skull picture, I took the three art images that I found on his Instagram (the skull picture, the dark figure holding the skeleton key, and the picture of paint dripping down the canvas onto a man with an umbrella) and did a reverse Google image search. I thought perhaps SC had created all this art himself, however I discovered that that was not the case. The dark figure holding the key was created by an artist named J.R. Slattum; the paint dripping pic was created by an artist called Bansky. The skull picture we’re all talking about was the ONLY one of the lot that did not show any matching images on the internet. So this one may have been created by SC himself…or it could simply be a picture that he found somewhere locally, like a watercolor that some amateur painter had done and maybe he found it at a flea-market for $1. Who knows.
I'm very curious to find out if SC had any artistic ability and could have painted it himself, because obviously his display of a a skull image that’s missing its jaw, like poor Charli Scott, is a salient piece of information.

FWIW, I brightened the picture so the flames and colors are more visible as the photograph of the painting on his Instagram is very dark:
241jckx.jpg

RunDaSurf: Yes, definitely would be scary for a perp to draw attention through making a fire. But burning a body would, I’m guessing, eliminate decomposition smells if perp intended to bury the body (in Haiku or wherever).
The most obvious answer is that Charli’s body was thrown into the ocean, but it’s not a given that it would be wholly scavenged by sharks. It could always wash up the next day on a N. shore beach, or just pieces of it like a torso or her head. If SC shot Charli in the face with a gun, it seems like he would want to take no chance that someone would find her body and locate the bullet, because that could tie him to the crime, what with all the guns that he apparently possessed and posted pics of on his instagram (guns that were registered to him?). So it seems like simply dumping her corpse into the ocean would not be so smart idea if he was thinking strategically.

I would think she is buried somewhere, but that would have to be a deep hole to eliminate decomposition smells, as someone mentioned before in this thread, or the body would need to be burned prior to burial.

Thank you for reading, I welcome any thoughts.

Opinion SC wanted Charli dead. He was hiding that to get her to come over feb 9. He didn't want to small talk and a long drive with her. Her mom said in report he minimized their relationship and didnt want pics with her. My opinion he probably destroyed her body. So where can he put it on an island with arrogance it won't be found and he won't feel like she is there? Unless he was making plans to get off the rock.

"He didn't want to small talk and a long drive with her." That opinion struck a chord with me. More and more I am thinking that everything left along Hana Hwy was to draw searchers and investigators in that direction and that Charli and Joshua are somewhere else. Haiku, Makawao, upcountry? Maybe even Paia? I once suggested dumpster/landfill, ala Mark Hacking. I hope she will be found.

Thank you kindly for the words of welcome, RainyAlaska & HeartGoesOut!

MamaMerced: I’m not sure Matt McCormick’s intentional disappearance would have had anything to do with SC’s case/crime, as it seemed to me that Matt simply did not want to be arrested himself so he went into hiding. Matt lived in Makawao while Steven lived in Haiku, but they were both probably alumni of King Kekaulike High School and may have known each other or partied together.

That’s interesting to know that the N. shore area had a darkness to it back in the late 70s. I’d bet some bad things happened in the area back then which are now long forgotten by most since they occurred in the pre-internet age, before everything was memorialized online for all eternity. ;-)

So, regarding Steven Capobianco’s skull picture, I took the three art images that I found on his Instagram (the skull picture, the dark figure holding the skeleton key, and the picture of paint dripping down the canvas onto a man with an umbrella) and did a reverse Google image search. I thought perhaps SC had created all this art himself, however I discovered that that was not the case. The dark figure holding the key was created by an artist named J.R. Slattum; the paint dripping pic was created by an artist called Bansky. The skull picture we’re all talking about was the ONLY one of the lot that did not show any matching images on the internet. So this one may have been created by SC himself…or it could simply be a picture that he found somewhere locally, like a watercolor that some amateur painter had done and maybe he found it at a flea-market for $1. Who knows.
I'm very curious to find out if SC had any artistic ability and could have painted it himself, because obviously his display of a a skull image that’s missing its jaw, like poor Charli Scott, is a salient piece of information.

FWIW, I brightened the picture so the flames and colors are more visible as the photograph of the painting on his Instagram is very dark:
View attachment 55564

RunDaSurf: Yes, definitely would be scary for a perp to draw attention through making a fire. But burning a body would, I’m guessing, eliminate decomposition smells if perp intended to bury the body (in Haiku or wherever).
The most obvious answer is that Charli’s body was thrown into the ocean, but it’s not a given that it would be wholly scavenged by sharks. It could always wash up the next day on a N. shore beach, or just pieces of it like a torso or her head. If SC shot Charli in the face with a gun, it seems like he would want to take no chance that someone would find her body and locate the bullet, because that could tie him to the crime, what with all the guns that he apparently possessed and posted pics of on his instagram (guns that were registered to him?). So it seems like simply dumping her corpse into the ocean would not be so smart idea if he was thinking strategically.

I would think she is buried somewhere, but that would have to be a deep hole to eliminate decomposition smells, as someone mentioned before in this thread, or the body would need to be burned prior to burial.

Thank you for reading, I welcome any thoughts.

Welcome, Moxie! :welcome6:

I interpreted the orange-red parts of the skull painting to be blood rather than flames. JMHO.

I don't think she was burned, but that is only my opinion. :moo:

Dumping her in the ocean near the shore would be chancy. She could wash up on shore or out to sea, depending on the tide, and even if she'd washed out, the tide could bring her back in at any time. It's possible, but he'd have to pick the right spot.

Burial would require a bit of work and he'd have to go unnoticed as he was digging or have a ready explanation as to why he was digging a deep hole. Some have suggested that he threw her over a cliff, that would require pulling off to the side of the road near a cliff edge. Not beyond the realm of possibility.

You'd think that someone who would put some time and effort into scattering evidence over a wide area could come up with a more convincing explanation of where he was that night. Either that, or be smart enough to keep quiet and deny that he was anywhere near where the evidence was. That's the thing that puzzles me most!

All MOO. :cow:

I keep thinkg her sister sister said "he was trying to get her to go out there for weeks." He could prepared a grave out there before Feb 9. Scattered evidence on drive back or on Feb 10 or when he went with her family on Feb 11. But I think he would put Nala far away from where she is. Not so close to Kenae. Maybe Kula. If she is in Haiku he had more time and familiar there. He would want to be in control.

I keep thinkg her sister sister said "he was trying to get her to go out there for weeks." He could prepared a grave out there before Feb 9. Scattered evidence on drive back or on Feb 10 or when he went with her family on Feb 11. But I think he would put Nala far away from where she is. Not so close to Kenae. Maybe Kula. If she is in Haiku he had more time and familiar there. He would want to be in control.
Very true. He could've been planning it for weeks.

Don't beat me up for this. I showed my two boys the skull pic...and asked them what they see. Both of them immediately said a skull with flames. The bottom portion looks like bullet shrapnel, and blue shallow water.

I keep thinking about that, too. That's why I'm not 100% committed to the Haiku theory.

Don't beat me up for this. I showed my two boys the skull pic...and asked them what they see. Both of them immediately said a skull with flames. The bottom portion looks like bullet shrapnel, and blue shallow water.

It hurts my heart to write this, but one of my first thoughts when I saw the picture was that she was decapitated (or worse) and her body parts scattered in various places. JMO

It hurts my heart to write this, but one of my first thoughts when I saw the picture was that she was decapitated (or worse) and her body parts scattered in various places. JMO

That's the only way can think of that her jaw bone would be detached and found alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the watercolor of a (possibly burning)
skull missing a jawbone posted by SC to his instagram:
Have any cane fields in that area burned since 2/9? After the fields are burned are they turned over? The bodies may never be found, in that case at least.

Did Charli have any tattoos? What about Steven? If so what were they of and where on the body.

241jckx.jpg

My sister is in for a visit, I showed her the picture and it is amazing what different eyes see. As soon as she said it, I saw it immediately. And she knows nothing about Charli's case.
1. in the middle of the picture, just right of the teeth, there is what appears to be a women's back, as if she were sitting. The hair falls right where the shoulder blades would be. Above, there looks to be a figure standing in front of her with an arm reaching out holding her head. If you look closely, the figure appears to even have a beard.
2. middle right there is a sideways heart
3. It also looks like the outline of the picture when the pic is rotated could actually match up to a "map" of Maui. Possible the Halehaku area as the paint blob.

I know this sounds far fetched but take a look.

View attachment 55686

My sister is in for a visit, I showed her the picture and it is amazing what different eyes see. As soon as she said it, I saw it immediately. And she knows nothing about Charli's case.
1. in the middle of the picture, just right of the teeth, there is what appears to be a women's back, as if she were sitting. The hair falls right where the shoulder blades would be. Above, there looks to be a figure standing in front of her with an arm reaching out holding her head. If you look closely, the figure appears to even have a beard.
3. It also looks like the outline of the picture when the pic is rotated could actually match up to a "map" of Maui. Possible the Halehaku area as the paint blob.

Respectfully, i think it 's a bit of a stretch.

I know it seems like a stretch! If Steven painted this picture, it looks like a map.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Kapua. Love your name & avatar!

You know, the details of this case are very hard to make sense of.
I can see planting a bloody garment or two to try to divert people's attention to a different area. But planting several garments + a bloody tooth + a bloody jawbone?
That's overkill, and would give investigators a lot of information to go on regarding the nature of the crime & forensic evidence. Why plant that whole entire assemblage of objects? It makes me think that perhaps the crime did possibly occur around there and maybe those items fell out of the bundle while being transported back to perp's vehicle? If perp was high/intoxicated then his attention to detail in cleaning up the site would be more sloppy.
The frequent rain in the area would wash blood away off of the grass and plants if there was a bloody crime scene.

Why were her pants & bra there? That means someone stripped her clothes off so likely a sexual assault (or at least sexual encounter). I'm not sure what to believe...at all.
Nothing adds up in a clear way. I would like to know - on a google map satellite image of Honomanu/Nua'ailua area - specifically where the items were found. Were the items found close to Hana Hwy or somewhere in the dense jungle?

What about the report that SC's vehicle that night was actually a vehicle borrowed from a friend named TP (initials, I don't want to use his real name). Has this fellow been thoroughly investigated, I wonder.

So many unanswered questions. :scared:
I don't know what to believe at this point.

HeartgoesOut: I do see the woman’s back, but I doubt the artist intended that. I don’t see the other things that your sister saw in the painting, but kudos to you for thinking outside the box!
If you look on SC’s “Chunk O'Butter” Instagram, there are a couple pictures that show him without his shirt on, but I don’t remember if any tattoos were visible

View attachment 55686

I'm not seeing it. Sorry :(

How about now? The skull is rotated to sit the same as the Nua‘ailua Bay area. Artists do nothing unintentional in their art... If he painted the pic, it looks like a map to me. If not, I have a wild imagination! Which road was Steven protective of during a search? The one he went down twice?

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

How about now? The skull is rotated to sit the same as the Nua‘ailua Bay area. Artists do nothing unintentional in their art... If he painted the pic, it looks like a map to me. If not, I have a wild imagination! Which road was Steven protective of during a search? The one he went down twice?
I believe the road he went down twice was the same road he was very protective of according to the sister. And, if I'm keeping all the information straight it was also the road where the clothes were later found
Someone correct me if necessary but I also believe the road is fairly close to the ocean.
May be it's the power of suggestion, but I see what you think is a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro