GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Mamamerced. It did me too.
And FWIW, "low fuel" to me means 1/8 tank or less.[/QUOTE

I live 50 minutes from a gas station so 1/8 would read EMPTY to me. I never head home without filling up.
Perfect example of what I meant. Unless we know what "low on gas" meant to either the person who mentioned Charli was low on gas, or knew what Charli thought "low on gas" means, we can't know if that would have even been an issue.

I know it was listed as having LED lights in the eyes, but when I was going around those curves at night, all I was looking for was the edge of the road and headlights coming my way. Two little red (or any other color) LEDs would not have hit my radar, but I grant that they may have hit someone else's radar. A grille is not normally an easy thing to remove. Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging a car that already had distinctive damage to the front end makes little sense when you could just cover up the LED lights with duck tape so they don't show in the dark. Especially if you planned on burning it. And once again, his story was that Charli was driving him that direction. Her car SHOULD have had it's grille on it, lights and all. JMO.

Well you know more about cars and grilles than I, apparently. I was thinking more along the lines of it being recognized by locals who know every curve in that road, as well as many of the area citizens and their cars.
I also didn't realize the front end of C's car was already damaged or that grilles are difficult to dismantle. I don't understand what you mean by her "car SHOULD have had its grille on, lights and all."
Somewhere early on in this case I read that both Charli and SC had the same type car/truck and same or similar color, for what it's worth.

Omg, that makes me ill. :-S
Remember how he said in his interview "she had a mouth on her"? Now the jawless picture and the jawbone found. Hopefully it's just coincidental irony. I'm probably reading waaaay too into this, but in hindsight, that could've meant either she used to have a mouth and now she does not (physically) OR she had a mouth on her, we had an argument, and I did something to stop it. Or maybe there was no underlying meaning. Idk.

Well you know more about cars and grilles than I, apparently. I was thinking more along the lines of it being recognized by locals who know every curve in that road well. I also didn't realize the front end of C's car was already damaged or that grilles are difficult to dismantle. I don't understand what you mean by her "car SHOULD have had its grille on, lights and all."
Somewhere early on in this case I read that both Charli and SC had the same type car/truck and same or similar color, for what it's worth.

Charli'sTruck.jpg

Here's a "before" picture of Charli's truck. The damage and skull grille definitely distinguish it from similar vehicles - in broad daylight.

We don't have facts. In print doesn't make it fact. Associated Press issues corrections sometimes. Rumors been running since day one on this. Now web sites find old things online about the case and reprint. Websleuths is some worst of it. Can't delete old stuff here. Should be more careful what we all write.

And see this #2 and #4 they call "Facts" incorrect http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/steve...scott-ex-girlfriend-unborn-baby-murder-arson/

Will get worse when trial starts.

Low on gas to me means my gas light came on. Even then I push it sometimes, but I have gas stations within a mile in every direction.

I have long thought SC killed Charli in Haiku. Now, though, I suspect he lured her under some pretext up the Hana Hwy, in her car after he removed the tell-tale grill, shot her in the face at or near that location, dragged her out, hastily covered/buried her, drove back to hide/burn the car, destroying any blood/tissue evidence and later(?) returning to more permanently dispose of the body(ies). I am thinking the clothing, etc. weren't planted but were likely left behind in haste or dropped due to clumsy efforts to dispose of the body. I haven't refreshed in my mind the timeline of known activities, so I'm not sure what day he returned. MOO. I do believe, though, that on 2/11 when he "helped the family search" (in the area where the clothes, etc. were eventually found) he was observed acting very protectively of that very road and that he went down it alone. MOO. Apparently Charli's sister searched there again probably because of SC's suspicious behavior and found the evidence. I have no idea what he did with the body once she was uncovered.
Feel free to correct my thinking.

Just found one hole: according to family, Charli's car was low on fuel. Any way around that?
Hole number two: How/why would he remove grill if Charli was alive in car with him? Going to revisit my original theory.

I have been of two minds when it comes to theorizing where Charli and Joshua might be. I think it was Nicki Lissette who first pointed out that SC's story was uncorroborated. To that point, in my mind, I had been thinking that Charli got a call or text from SC when she was at her sister's house that night and mentioned to her sister that she was going to go help him with his vehicle. Finding out that no, she hadn't mentioned to her sister that she was going to help SC, and nobody had seen SC's vehicle broken-down or stuck opened my mind up. Add to that the facts that she was "exhausted", according to her sister and had to work early the next morning, and Haiku is still in my top two or three theories. But the cell phone's last ping was near where her clothes were found, so I am not ruling out Nua`ailua/Honomanu yet. Did he take into consideration the fact that the phone could give away his location and discard the phone at/in/near Nua`ailua Bay? And did he have HIS cell phone with him?

We don't have facts. In print doesn't make it fact. Associated Press issues corrections sometimes. Rumors been running since day one on this. Now web sites find old things online about the case and reprint. Websleuths is some worst of it. Can't delete old stuff here. Should be more careful what we WRITE.
And see this #2 and #4 they call "Facts" incorrect http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/steve...scott-ex-girlfriend-unborn-baby-murder-arson/
Will get worse when trial starts.

To be fair, I don't think HEAVY got their facts from WS. And I place little faith in the MSM. It will be up to the court trial to determine the facts, not the media. And we're here to sleuth.

I know it was listed as having LED lights in the eyes, but when I was going around those curves at night, all I was looking for was the edge of the road and headlights coming my way. Two little red (or any other color) LEDs would not have hit my radar, but I grant that they may have hit someone else's radar. A grille is not normally an easy thing to remove. Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging a car that already had distinctive damage to the front end makes little sense when you could just cover up the LED lights with duck tape so they don't show in the dark. Especially if you planned on burning it. And once again, his story was that Charli was driving him that direction. Her car SHOULD have had it's grille on it, lights and all. JMO.
Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging it "AFTER" it had been burnt and left up top at JAWS> So it just looked like one of the many burnt cars there.

Perfect example of what I meant. Unless we know what "low on gas" meant to either the person who mentioned Charli was low on gas, or knew what Charli thought "low on gas" means, we can't know if that would have even been an issue.

Low on Gas means...to a pregnant woman, with a station 5 miles to the west, in the jungle, at night, You dont drive east 30 miles in and 30 miles back on less than half a tank. You are welcome!

Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging it "AFTER" it had been burnt and left up top at JAWS> So it just looked like one of the many burnt cars there.

Is that what happened? You believe the grille had been removed after her car was torched? When the grille was found was it evident it had been burned? Please respond.

Is that what happened? You believe the grille had been removed after her car was torched? When the grille was found was it evident it had been burned? Please respond.

Taken off before it was burned.

Remember how he said in his interview "she had a mouth on her"? Now the jawless picture and the jawbone found. Hopefully it's just coincidental irony. I'm probably reading waaaay too into this, but in hindsight, that could've meant either she used to have a mouth and now she does not (physically) OR she had a mouth on her, we had an argument, and I did something to stop it. Or maybe there was no underlying meaning. Idk.[/

His comment that she had a mouth on her came immediately into my head after seeing that macabre painting, unfortunately. This whole case is extremely twisted and disturbing. Just want to send love and support to her family and pray they will get the justice they all deserve. May there be a special place in hell for people who commit these types of crimes. So unnecessary, a crying shame. Waaaay too much of this going on. I pray they all fry. Hopefully, the karma is beginning to come back to bite him starting with the neck injury.

Possible her SUV didn't leave Haiku. Went from his house to Jaws.
Possible his truck never in Keanae or on Hana Highway that night.
Possible he used different vehicle to scatter evidence and Nala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member