GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging it "AFTER" it had been burnt and left up top at JAWS> So it just looked like one of the many burnt cars there.

I agree, I think this is why it was removed. Removed before torching so that it would be easier camouflaged on Hwy then at Jaws after being torched.

Possible her SUV didn't leave Haiku. Went from his house to Jaws.
Possible his truck never in Keanae or on Hana Highway that night.
Possible he used different vehicle to scatter evidence and Nala.[/QUOTE

MOO Any ideas as to why he allegedly detailed his truck/car on 2/11?
Grandpa's, MM's? Other motive beside pregnancy? I've some ideas, but was snipped when I posted about it moons ago. MOO

Let's talk motive. Do you think it was because she got pregnant by him and he didn't want to have to be tied to her with a child for the rest of his life? Or was it that his new girlfriend did not want to be stepmom to someone else's child? Or that she "had a mouth on her?"

Let's talk motive. Do you think it was because she got pregnant by him and he didn't want to have to be tied to her with a child for the rest of his life? Or was it that his new girlfriend did not want to be stepmom to someone else's child? Or that she "had a mouth on her?"

All the above and he's exceptionally depraved and selfish.

I'm sorry. I've been away for some time. The thread says ' found deceased' ? Is this true or is this the same ' presumed deceased' from what LE said previously? TIA

NM, just read back and saw :(
RIP honey and your baby .

All the above and he's exceptionally depraved and selfish.

I totally agree with RunDaSurf with regard to motive. What I find hard to understand is how he thought that he'd get away with it. How arrogant is that? He even called himself the "prime suspect" in his interview with Hawaii News. Did he think that he'd done a good job of destroying evidence? Did he think that MPD was completely incompetent?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...yfriend-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-speaks

** Rant ** I will just speculate that this is because he didnt' want to be a daddy after all. How many men don't care about being a daddy when they're laying down getting girls pregnant and then later , the ONLY option is murder. Disgusting !

Guys I removed some posts that contain rumor. Please provide a MSM link when posting something as fact or your post will be removed . Also, discussing the gf is off limits, there is nothing that links her to this horrible crime.

Thank you

So did he paint the picture?
Was the family allowed at the grand jury hearing?

I really think he didn't want the child and he didn't want to be obligated to a child and in a sense to Charli for at least the next 18 years. She was obviously thrilled she was having a baby, one she seemed to want very much. But since they weren't together anymore, I could see him just wanting to move on with his life and leave Charli behind as a distant memory. That wouldn't be possible with this baby. Part of me thinks that not only did he want to get rid of Charli, he wanted to make sure the baby didn't come into the world. IMO anyway.

Removing it for the sole purpose of camouflaging it "AFTER" it had been burnt and left up top at JAWS> So it just looked like one of the many burnt cars there.
I agree. IF Charli's car was used to go to Ke'anae (for whatever reason, with or without Charli alive), I can't see removing the grille before the trip, though. If anyone saw the car, and might have recognized it as Charli's, a missing grille that distinctive would be odd.

Low on Gas means...to a pregnant woman, with a station 5 miles to the west, in the jungle, at night, You dont drive east 30 miles in and 30 miles back on less than half a tank. You are welcome!
Interesting theory. Since that year 4 runner has an 18.5 gallon engine, a half tank would be 9.25 gallons. On a really bad day, on curves with stop and go traffic, you'd get 16 MPG, which translates out to 148 miles, 116 miles if you don't count that last two gallons (some cars won't pick up the last two gallons on a hill, although this 4runner should run down to the last 3/4 gallon). I don't know any pregnant women that won't go 60 miles when the cruising range on their car is 116, but I am sure there are some out there. So you think that if Charli had just under a half tank of gas, she would have told her family she was low on gas? I do know some people who always fill up when their car gets just under a half tank, but they don't say they are low on gas.

My point here is that if Charli had to work the following day, and she was low on gas, wouldn't she have stopped to get gas before going home? Most people I know do, no matter how tired, because they don't want to get stuck at home in an emergency with no gas in their cars, but not everybody does that. The reason I wonder is that if Charli had a very small amount of gas (say 1/8 of a tank) and she mentioned she was going to get gas in the morning, then I'd be more inclined to think that her car never went to Ke'anae (with or without her), and that it only went as far as Jaws. That could put the search area closer to home. And yet if her clothes were found at Ke'anae, along with whatever item that she "could not have lived without", it would make more sense to transport those items in a vehicle that was going to be burned, as well as making sure that the correct vehicle that went with the story was in that vicinity in case anyone DID see SC in the area.

I have wondered that IF the item she could not live without was a bone, if it was somehow caught in the clothing and not noticed, so IF the clothing was planted, the bone was not supposed to have been with the clothing. It just makes no logical sense to plant anything in that area, though. The place to plant anything was at Twin Falls, so I am more inclined to think that Charli was left in Ke'anae and the clothing, along with whatever item she could not live without simply got away from SC and blew into an area he could not get to, he tried to throw everything over a cliff and some things got caught, or he didn't notice those items missing.

I have wondered that IF the item she could not live without was a bone, if it was somehow caught in the clothing and not noticed, so IF the clothing was planted, the bone was not supposed to have been with the clothing. It just makes no logical sense to plant anything in that area, though. The place to plant anything was at Twin Falls, so I am more inclined to think that Charli was left in Ke'anae and the clothing, along with whatever item she could not live without simply got away from SC and blew into an area he could not get to, he tried to throw everything over a cliff and some things got caught, or he didn't notice those items missing.

I think the item she can't live without is her jawbone. :mad:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/discoveries-maui-convince-family-carly-scott-dead-n158976
police found the missing woman's jawbone, marking the latest twist in the case that led to a murder charge against Scott's ex-boyfriend and the father of her unborn child.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jawbone-of-missing-pregnant-maui-woman-found/

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I’ve spent the last few days reading through this whole thread. A lot of interesting stuff. Here some thoughts & perspectives of mine…

I used to live in Haiku, right off Hana Hwy & Ulumalu Rd. (Steven Capobianco has a picture of this intersection on his Instagram for some reason.). I have also lived in several other areas of Maui and I know most of the island very well. I don’t know SC or any of the tweakers and hoodlums of the area, they’re not people I want anything to do with. Haiku is considered one of the most desirable places to live on Maui due to its lushness, its laid-back, pastoral, rural feel, and the many nice houses with acreage. I loved living in Haiku and never had any bad experiences, but then again I’m female, I’m a homebody, and I loved spending time in my jungle ohana. I could step outside and pick star fruit, coconuts, and avocadoes the size of a large grapefruit. It was idyllic & peaceful, and this is how the most people (who don’t know any better) view Haiku.

There’s definitely a dark side to this area of Maui. Beneath the lush beauty and prosperity of the area, there are a lot of homeless people who have moved into the coastal clearings and out of the way places. Lots of drugs, and the meth/ice wreaks bad havoc on people, making them lolo. In this area, there is an underlying subculture of violence that is not ordinarily visible on the surface, but by night the young people party and they join with other young people, homeless people, drugees, the ‘down & out.’ Brutal fights, car chases & accidents, theft, sexual assault, disappearances and yes murders, are fairly regular occurrences along this beautiful stretch of the North Shore, much of it fueled by drugs & alcohol.

The place called Pauwela Point in Haiku has a nasty reputation as a gathering place: this is where the young girl Astara Evenstar was apparently gang-raped & disappeared, where the sweet teenage boy Yesuah Boerstler was brutally beaten & murdered by a group of local hooligans, and where Laura Vogel naively went camping, meeting the local homeless, never to be seen again. It’s a very dark place.
Peahi Rd. which leads down to the famous surf break known as Jaws, is also infamous as a place of abandoning stolen cars.
And Maliko Gulch also has a reputation for occasional violent flare-ups. All of these places are within a couple miles of each other along Hana Highway in Haiku.

I don’t really understand why this underlying culture of violence exists in such a beautiful and prosperous area, but a lot of these young hooligans seem to be haoles (i.e. Caucasian) and my theory is that they went to public school and were roughed up for being haole, so they become angry and they learned real quick to be tough, scrappy bad-asses like those who bullied them; a lot of them overcompensate and self-medicate with their drug use & outbursts of violence. These boys party very hard, pick a lot of fights, and love hunting, fishing, partying, surfing, riding dirtbikes, partying, tattoos, mud-bogging, partying, fighting, guns...
What is really sad about the murders & disappearances that happen is that it is generally known through the grapevine who it is that commit these acts but it is very rare for the people to be brought to justice. Hawaii tends to have lax notions of legal justice, from my own observation. The police seem to let a lot of horrible behavior slide, and it’s said that some of them are even in on it themselves i.e. some corrupt cops. Many perpetrators of horrible acts walk free, they have their Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook accounts, and are living a seemingly carefree life. It’s kind of a sickness of the society along the N. Shore of Maui that this situation is allowed to flourish.

But anyway… the good news is that it seems Steven Capobianco is finally being brought to justice, thank goodness. Just a few thoughts on SC:

-When I looked at SC’s Instagram, I noticed (in addition to an obsession with guns, drugs, and sex) that there was a skull painting that was lacking a jaw - just as Charli Scott’s jaw was apparently violently removed during her murder. The skull is also buring in flames in the painting. Steven may have burned her body - the image of her [partial] face as it burned might have seared itself into his mind to the extent that he felt the need to try to exorcise the image by painting it just as he saw it. What a creepy thought.

- I also remember reading that along Hana Hwy when searchers found items related to Charli, one of things they found in the assemblage was a roll of duct tape. Well, on Steven’s Instagram, posted 39 weeks ago, is a Meme picture specifically about the joy of duct tape:

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/1208316_302670406538583_1187710799_a.jpg

-Let's see, what else....Steven's mother was apparently abusive and a drug addict who died a year & a half ago, and his father was not in the picture. In one of his Instagram pics it shows him as a young boy with a puppy dog. I can definitely see how an individual who felt unloved & rejected by people would tend to love animals more than human beings, because pets give unconditional love without judgment, so this dynamic might explain why Steven could be so cold-blooded to a person, but was incapable of hurting Charli's dog Nala. The pictures of him with his dog on Instagram show a very loving pet owner.

- And finally, regarding motive, from what I’ve gathered, Steven always seemed eager to distance himself from Charli even when they were in a relationship together, almost as if he did not want to be associated with her. In an article I clicked on about Charli’s family’s dislike of Steven, they said she basically paid for everything, he treated her like a second-class citizen, and he never wanted to have his picture taken with her when the Scott daughters would take pics with their boyfriends - almost as if he didn’t want to be associated with her. Why this was, I have no idea, but it seems based on things written in that article that he was not as smitten or enamored with her as she was with him. I would suggest that SC’s alleged killing of Charli and the baby was yet another extension of him wishing to blot out his association with her and not have any permanent trace of their involvement (i.e. the baby) just like he never wanted there to be any evidence of their relationship in photographs. ? I don’t know. I’m just brainstorming. I do think there was likely the motive of getting rid of the financial burden of a child, but as others have written, I think it may have gone a bit deeper than that.

Anyway, if you’ve gotten this far, thanks for reading this long college dissertation of a post. This is a really great site, a lot of very caring & perceptive posters I’ve noticed. Aloha!

" I do think there was likely the motive of getting rid of the financial burden of a child, but as others have written, I think it may have gone a bit deeper than that."

I agree.
MOO. I also question the timing of a Haiku man's disappearance, reappearance and subsequent arrest and SC's arrest. This story has depths yet uncovered. We just have to wait for the trial.
I lived in that area of Maui in the late 70s and the darkness and corruption you speak of was a presence then.......just not as obvious.

Opinion SC wanted Charli dead. He was hiding that to get her to come over feb 9. He didn't want to small talk and a long drive with her. Her mom said in report he minimized their relationship and didnt want pics with her. My opinion he probably destroyed her body. So where can he put it on an island with arrogance it won't be found and he won't feel like she is there? Unless he was making plans to get off the rock.

I don't think he burned her unless in her SUV. Then he would have to go back for bones. Fire anywhere would be attention like a signal fire.

Welcome Moxie! Great post. I had to go back and look at the skull painting again. Originally I just saw the missing jaw and blood. However, now as you pointed out, I see the flames. Looking closer maybe water. Duh, it's right there. Good thing I'm not an art critic! lol
Anyway I wish it could be verified if SC did in fact paint this picture.

Ghostwheel, you got me thinking, that's what this site is for! If she picked him up at his grandfather's house and he killed her there, maybe her car did not run out of gas because SC filled the tank. Everyone has a container of gas in their garage for lawn mowers. I'm sure there's holes in that thought. Or maybe the truck did run out of gas in his journeys and he had to push the car somewhere to hide it for a bit?? Need to ponder this for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro