GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first interview Steven says he broke down 3.2 miles... from what??

I think his biggest admission is that he says Charli was afraid to tell him about the baby. He said that Adam G (MSAR) said something like, "she's probably afraid to tell you." Why is she afraid Steven if you never threatened her?

I think his biggest admission is that he says Charli was afraid to tell him about the baby. He said that Adam G (MSAR) said something like, "she's probably afraid to tell you." Why is she afraid Steven if you never threatened her?
yep, a big slip. Granted sometimes women are afraid of causing disapproval or rejection, and it's not always fear of violence per se behind holding back. In this case though, could well be. The news was going to rock his world. Regardless of her level of fear for her own safety at that time, it was a mistake to say that to a detective with long experience with domestic disputes.

Sounds like she was really scared when he drove her towards Hana in January and wouldn't listen to her. I hope Brooke is going to tell that story, or whichever family member heard it direct from Charli.

which reminds me of how unlikely it is that she agreed to go, as we have said many times. That has to be BS that they planned it all day, originally to go earlier. She wasn't free that day. It was her sister's birthday and they were doing baby planning earlier and then the party. I wonder if Steven knew that. How convenient that he deleted those texts. Do the cell carriers really have backup copies of deleted texts? Loo said he would get them.

In the first interview Steven says he broke down 3.2 miles... from what?
I thought he said from the Keanae turn off, but not sure. Distance from a well known major point of the highway ..

Text messages have been discussed in 2014 in Thread #1 but no, the content of the text is not retrievable. A timestamp of recipient or receiver is maintained by the carrier as part of your bill (think unlimited text plans and those with a monthly maximum). Imagine the database required to store each text message offline if that were the case.

Steven is saying he loves Charli but I'm not hearing a distraught man concerned for his friend's wellbeing.

Loio, thanks for saying again that the words of texts are not saved. I do recall now there was a 2014 discussion and a definite no on that. So Loo was trying to worry SC but the threat was a bit empty. Still if they get time stamps, that is useful info. I'm excited to soon hear the phone data at long last. :)

Like you said, the words of concern are in his mouth, but not the feelings, and then he shows feelings when he even thinks about his dog eating filler, and again when he speaks of how he would pay a big chunk of his income just to ensure his dog can run free outside. He's capable of love ... For his dog, not Charli, not the baby. Maybe for Cass.??

Agree, that's why I bounce to and fro. It is a big job, as you say, to dismember a human body and I don't think he did it with the belt buckle knife. Other knives, probably; other person/s, possibly. Didn't someone on WS say jawbones were taken by pig hunters as trophies? Why deflesh it.....do you have any ideas?

It's painful to watch the constantly interrupted streamed video. Anyone else having problems? I have satellite wifi...one of the joys of rural living...so it may just be my set-up.

Watch on YouTube at the end of the day, MUCH better audio & video quality, doesn't cut out, skips all the "commercials" (delays)

Btw, allowing his ssn to be aired for the world to hear was not cool. Defendant or not, they need to redact that admission.

I agree, I couldn't believe when I heard them airing his recitation of his SS. And on the 2nd taped interview " I would never hurt her, I wouldn't even have someone else hurt her" (probably not exact words) HUH???? That wasn't the question SC.. Who volunteers something like that? Hmmmm

i believe he said from the top of the road going down into Keanae peninsula. Who would go out to "measure" the miles, and how long it took to get there ( he said he timed it and it was 45 minutes). Someone who wants to "embellish" their story. He sure liked to give extra, unnecessary, incriminating details when asked a simple question. And again I was on that road that night, there was no truck, or any vehicle for that matter, on the side of the road that night! I'm certain!

SC say's his Truck was on a bouncy road and his battery which was only held on by bungees slipped and ripped the terminals off with from the wire or the clamp and the car stopped. Loo correctly points out that a car runs off it alternator once its moving. A manual transmission(Which is what Steven had) doesnt even need a battery. You can just Bump{Push) start it down a small hill.

So he back peddles and says he stalled out going up a hill. So...why not just bump it in reverse? LIAR

He is adamant about not feeding his dog food with corn in it and not tying his dog up. NEVER! He also didnt want a baby because he didnt want someone to hang out with he could not have a conversation with.

Woof!

Text messages have been discussed in 2014 in Thread #1 but no, the content of the text is not retrievable. A timestamp of recipient or receiver is maintained by the carrier as part of your bill (think unlimited text plans and those with a monthly maximum). Imagine the database required to store each text message offline if that were the case.

Steven is saying he loves Charli but I'm not hearing a distraught man concerned for his friend's wellbeing.

Note that he told Detective Loo specifically that he couldn't show him the texts because he deleted them and then made a point of saying that he was in the habit of regularly deleting his texts.

3.2 miles from a bridge with a light or stoplight, I think.
And, yes, the hollowness of his words is jarring.

Watch on YouTube at the end of the day, MUCH better audio & video quality, doesn't cut out, skips all the "commercials" (delays)

Thank you, Alohaj. I do watch them again at night. Why are they so clear, I wonder; aren't they also from the live stream? I wish I had more patience, but I want to watch every second as it happens despite all the interruptions. Thank heavens for YouTube.

i believe he said from the top of the road going down into Keanae peninsula. Who would go out to "measure" the miles, and how long it took to get there ( he said he timed it and it was 45 minutes). Someone who wants to "embellish" their story. He sure liked to give extra, unnecessary, incriminating details when asked a simple question. And again I was on that road that night, there was no truck, or any vehicle for that matter, on the side of the road that night! I'm certain!

It seemed to me Steven thought he was smarter than the detective. All that extra information....was it to show how sincerely eager he was to help the detective find the mother of his boy? Or was it guilt inserting itself every time he opened his mouth?
Guess what, Steven, you didn't woo Loo!

I agree, I couldn't believe when I heard them airing his recitation of his SS. And on the 2nd taped interview " I would never hurt her, I wouldn't even have someone else hurt her" (probably not exact words) HUH???? That wasn't the question SC.. Who volunteers something like that? Hmmmm

I also agree that his personal information, especially his SSN and address, should not have been broadcast.

He sure ran his mouth during the interviews! I haven't had the time to listen to the second one, but I am going to try listening to it while working this morning. The YouTube link has been VERY helpful.

How do you get away with murder, Steven? You don't, and it is not a way to solve your problems.

I just listened to that part again. He said, "3.2 miles past the stop sign at Keanae Landing."

how funny, I was just reading about a second interview on Wednesday and was going to post apology for getting it wrong. I notice Loo did not mention the burned car, so it does seem like it should have been included in questions if it were Friday. I'm all mixed up.
in any case, it was really good to hear it.

Apparently, Loo interviewed SC twice on Wed. 12th and a third one on Friday, 14.

I just listened to that part again. He said, "3.2 miles past the stop sign at Keanae Landing."
Thanks you guys. I think Charli's bridge is before the Keanae turnoff. Probably "3.2 miles" before. So basically he took, strike that, Steven said he "dragged them" out there to show where his car broke down and unfortunately, that's where her clothes where found.

"I never let her get out of the car."
"The dog was in the car the whole time."

This is the testimony he didn't want admitted into evidence.

Thanks you guys. I think Charli's bridge is before the Keanae turnoff. Probably "3.2 miles" before. So basically he took, strike that, Steven said he "dragged them" out there to show where his car broke down and unfortunately, that's where her clothes where found.

What exactly didn't he want admitted into evidence, Loio? Was it the part about Charli and Nala never getting out of the car. Or that plus SC leading MPD right to the evidence?
Sorry to grill you but I'm confused.

Wonder if the "big lie" will turn out to be SC left Charly/Nala there at Charli's request?

I didn't understand the legal jargon but pretty sure he didn't want any of his interviews with Detective Loo admitted into evidence.

Im pretty sure he claims the 3.2 miles where his truck was stuck is AFTER Keanae, not before. This I think is to divert from the area he actually took her to, Paraquat Bay Rd (don't know what it's actually called). I'm pretty certain Paraquat Bay Rd is not 3.2 miles before Keanae, I would've guessed 1 mile, 2 at most. It's between Keanae & the road to Hanamanu. I took it by mistake a few years ago ( before she went missing, I'd never go down there now), the entrance only is paved, then dirt and quickly deteriorates.,I had a front wheel drive car and almost got stuck, and it's super narrow to turn around in, i was lucky I could. I heard the road is so bad you can't even take it all the way down to the bay, at some point got to park & walk.

As I recall, his testimony is that he took the family out there, not the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat