GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand the legal jargon but pretty sure he didn't want any of his interviews with Detective Loo admitted into evidence.

SC's interview responses were pure fiction. (And I thought I heard him say, "Yeah, I'm cute, I can't help it" when he was talking about meeting his new girlfriend. Nauseating.) I can wait to hear Cassie's testimony as to how willing she was to make the situation work.

"Because, yah know, she was pregnant I didn't want her working on the truck in the middle of the night."

His statement during the interview. Odd choice of words and description of the time of day since this happened at about 9:15 - 9:30pm supposedly. I don't consider that the middle of the night. Maybe what really happened DID come later, "in the middle of the night". And all his answers, so nonchalant. And my stomach roiled when he said "we gotta find this girl", so detached, like he didn't even know her! SICK!! He is a true psychopath

ALERT everyone: one of the articles I read last night or this morning said that court convenes Friday at........
9:00 am (not 10 as the other days).

Also, does anyone, Loio, NL, PT, know if Kim is scheduled to testify Friday?

I love all the "catches" and observations, logical and intuitive, from the WS on this thread. Hope the jury is catching them as well.

Im pretty sure he claims the 3.2 miles where his truck was stuck is AFTER Keanae, not before. This I think is to divert from the area he actually took her to, Paraquat Bay Rd (don't know what it's actually called). I'm pretty certain Paraquat Bay Rd is not 3.2 miles before Keanae, I would've guessed 1 mile, 2 at most. It's between Keanae & the road to Hanamanu. I took it by mistake a few years ago ( before she went missing, I'd never go down there now), the entrance only is paved, then dirt and quickly deteriorates.,I had a front wheel drive car and almost got stuck, and it's super narrow to turn around in, i was lucky I could. I heard the road is so bad you can't even take it all the way down to the bay, at some point got to park & walk.

As I recall, his testimony is that he took the family out there, not the police.

I heard him say, "drag you guys" during the interview. Need a transcript for sure! :)

I didn't think Charli's bridge was 3.2 miles from the turn off either. But I thought he was taking them right to the spot. I realize now that it was the cellphone pings that led the family to Nuaailua Stream, exactly one mile from the Keanae turnoff.

I hit pause and replay. In Loo's part 2 interview around the 23 min mark Steven answers the question why he didn't wait to continue to see her headlights he answers in part...
"She wasn't stuck in Keanue (sp) anymore and if she got stuck in Twin Falls I was only a phone call away"

WTH? Now hold up a second. According to him it was he that was stuck not her. She wasn't stuck anymore??? And why would he think she could get stuck again at Twin Falls???

Is it possible that she met him there for whatever reason, then her car got stuck and he took advantage of her vulnerable position. If he met her there at 8:30p would the timeline make more sense? I'm rambling without really thinking it through because he statement really threw me.

edited...she was low on gas. mind overload right now.

Am i off my rocker with this? I just find it strikingly odd that he says "she wasn't stuck anymore at Kaenae" because she wasn't stuck, he was according to his story. Why did his brain switch?

EDIT: The tape is actually titled Day 3 Part 4 on the youtube video. 23 minute mark

Am i off my rocker with this? I just find it strikingly odd that he says "she wasn't stuck anymore" because she wasn't stuck, he was according to his story. Why did his brain switch?
Stuck with the baby.

But he says "she wasn't stuck in Keanae anymore and if she got stuck at twin falls....he was a phone call away"

Am i off my rocker with this? I just find it strikingly odd that he says "she wasn't stuck anymore at Kaenae" because she wasn't stuck, he was according to his story. Why did his brain switch?

EDIT: The tape is actually titled Day 3 Part 4 on the youtube video. 23 minute mark

Yep. SC did say "she" wasn't stuck anymore. Another Freudian slip?

Bear with me on this, I haven't thought it through. We really don't know what he said to her to get her there. But we do know that his truck wasn't stuck. We've heard there is a big lie SC told about that night to keep her name in good light.
I bet he's going to say that his truck was never stuck and he only said that to avoid saying they went there to have relations. He didn't want her to look bad will be his story.
I bet her truck actually was the one that got stuck. He took advantage of her vulnerable predicament and killed her. This could explain where the whole truck getting stuck story originated from and why he said she wasn't stuck anymore and if she got stuck again.
I'll have to ponder this a bit more.
Or I'm reading into it too much.

HGO, I can't follow that theory. Lol. Sorry. It just doesn't jibe with the truth of Charli's day prior to picking him up.

MamaM, you asked if Kim Scott would testify on Friday? I think it depends on whether or not Loo's testimony will be wrapped up. He still hasn't been cross examined. By the way, Apo's face while the audio plays... lol.

Bear with me on this, I haven't thought it through. We really don't know what he said to her to get her there. But we do know that his truck wasn't stuck. We've heard there is a big lie SC told about that night to keep her name in good light.
I bet he's going to say that his truck was never stuck and he only said that to avoid saying they went there to have relations. He didn't want her to look bad will be his story.
I bet her truck actually was the one that got stuck. He took advantage of her vulnerable predicament and killed her. This could explain where the whole truck getting stuck story originated from and why he said she wasn't stuck anymore and if she got stuck again.
I'll have to ponder this a bit more.
Or I'm reading into it too much.

I think that it's highly possible that he told her they were going to have a romantic rendezvous. It's also possible that he told her something else - maybe that their friend in Nahiku needed help? Or he needed to pick up a part for his car?

My best theory up to now has been that he told her that he wanted to talk about the baby.
Clearly if Charli picked SC up and his vehicle was parked at his place, he didn't tell Charli that his vehicle was broken down. But he had to invent a lie that had him coming back in a separate vehicle, even though they most likely went down there in Charli's vehicle and he disposed of it afterward and walked home.

MamaM, you asked if Kim Scott would testify on Friday? I think it depends on whether or not Loo's testimony will be wrapped up. He still hasn't been cross examined. By the way, Apo's face while the audio plays... lol.

Yes! Great comic relief!
Thanks for the testimony info.

I took a few notes from the second interview.

I’ve been doing everything I can to find this girl myself. I want to find Charli, I want to find my child. I want them to be safe. I love them, I love Charli… the child’s not here yet so... but I still love the idea of having a legacy… and I would never bring any harm to that.”

“The last time we talked, we talked about names.… When we started talking about names, she mentioned that, obviously, it’s going to have the last name Scott…” She wanted it to have an Italian first name.

Loo: “So you knew it was a boy, right?” SC: No, I was just really hoping because who doesn’t want a boy for their first child, right?”

Loo: “Was there any issue with her not putting your last name on the birth certificate?” SC: “No, I was absolutely fine with that.”

He stated that he hurt one hand in the bakery, the other hand working on his truck window – trying to prop the window up– the motor failed– a week prior.

“I’ve had two girlfriends since Charli, actually.”
Ex-girlfriend…Taylor. “Taylor did not end exactly well, but…” “I just put all her stuff outside and said, well you can go move in with him, then.”

And then I got a call a couple of months later, “Charli’s got your baby.” Loo: “Who told you?” SC: “My friend Adam. He didn’t want to tell me because I made it kinda clear that I’m not a big fan of children.”

“If you’re going to have my baby, I want to be part of its life. And I need to know how we are going to do this.”

“And then periodically, every couple weeks we’d get together and talk about things. The first few conversations were like, ‘have you considered termination, have you considered adoption?’” Admittedly, I didn’t want to deal with a child. But as I saw how happy it made her to be starting a family, and as I saw how happy it made everyone else that she told she that she was starting a family, it kind of grew on me…. “ “I called her… Iwant to discuss names.”

Loo: “Why didn’t you call your friend Adam to help you with your car?” SC: ”Because I wanted to talk to Charli about everything.”

After his vehicle "broke down", he hitchhiked back and was picked up by “Brian, driving a Toyota Corolla” who allegedly dropped him off close to home. “We didn’t discuss where he lived.”

I keep thinking about her green blanket. Rivera explicitly referre to its stench of death and the m word I hate to write. It had the majority of them. I can't think of any reason for that other than her body was rolled up in it for some amount of time. The smell isn't immediate.

1) she could have been left there wrapped up Sunday night, buried shallow maybe, or not. Then he and/or a partner would have had to go back between then and Thursday, for the simple reason her body was not found in the blanket, but the blanket told a tale of some level of decomp occurring in contact with it.

2). One alternative would be she got removed Sunday and what was found by searchers got brought back, but that's more complicated and more likely it all happened out there.

3) Maybe he used it to lay under her to do what he did to her body. Then maybe the blanket had remnants, ugh, that were consumed by the time it was found five days later.

Did you catch his remark that she was heavyset? When he was talking about how she had trouble getting in his lifted truck, Loo pointed out her pregnant state and Steven added "and she was heavyset."
Cass OTOH was super thin and tiny. It seems like he kept making a point that Charli was not his type or just not attractive to him, but he slept with her when he was drunk and had the cheated on blues. (I find Charli more beautiful.)
So obnoxious. There's no need for him to make that point.

What struck me the most were his comments about the baby. If he was trying to give the impression that he was truly warming up to the idea of being in Joshua's life, he failed miserably, IMHO. I don't think Det. Loo bought it for a moment, and I don't think the jury is going to buy it either.
:cow:

Oh, and I absolutely think that he knew that it was a boy.

One thing, he did know the name Joshua, so I assume they had talked about names, or she had
told him the name. I've never seen Kim mention Alexander as a possible name, anyone?

I keep thinking about her green blanket. Rivera explicitly referre to its stench of death and the m word I hate to write. It had the majority of them. I can't think of any reason for that other than her body was rolled up in it for some amount of time. The smell isn't immediate.

1) she could have been left there wrapped up Sunday night, buried shallow maybe, or not. Then he and/or a partner would have had to go back between then and Thursday, for the simple reason her body was not found in the blanket, but the blanket told a tale of some level of decomp occurring in contact with it.

2). One alternative would be she got removed Sunday and what was found by searchers got brought back, but that's more complicated and more likely it all happened out there.

3) Maybe he used it to lay under her to do what he did to her body. Then maybe the blanket had remnants, ugh, that were consumed by the time it was found five days later.

Did you catch his remark that she was heavyset? When he was talking about how she had trouble getting in his lifted truck, Loo pointed out her pregnant state and Steven added "and she was heavyset."
Cass OTOH was super thin and tiny. It seems like he kept making a point that Charli was not his type or just not attractive to him, but he slept with her when he was drunk and had the cheated on blues. (I find Charli more beautiful.)
So obnoxious. There's no need for him to make that point.

I had similar thoughts about the blanket. And for some reason it makes a bit more sense to me that he hid her body around there or removed it and stashed it elsewhere and went back home, especially if the grandfather is telling the truth that SC arrived home around 11:00 pm. He would then have time to contact a helper, if he did, to finish the deed. We really don't know if the found evidence was being taken to a disposal spot or being taken from the murder spot when it was dropped. What could have accounted for that major blunder?
If he got home at 11, why did he wait to phone Cassie until 2 am (I believe) when routinely they skyped around 9:00. (Please jump in with corrections). What could he have been doing during those 3 hours?
Yes, his disdain for Charli wasn't repressed too well, was it. Slipped in chummy, good old boy banter whenever he could at Charli's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties