GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foolishness and mayhem, seriously. If Apo and Rivera were my kids, I'd ask them to knock it off. Cardoza, wake up man.
And yes SC can be seen stifling a laugh. He's a dummy too. He created this circus. This is entirely his mess, from beginning to end.

KHON's in the golden seat for real now.

I dont understand Apo's line of questioning. What does the piercing, even if they have sexual whatever, what does it matter? Where is he trying to go with this?

What does it matter if the phone image has a 4 digit address?

Nothing makes sense with him.

:judge:

If Apo had a point, he certainly didn't drive it home. I'm with you and Nikki regarding Charli's piercings; they are totally irrelevant to this murder case, except for identification purposes. The phone image IS relevant, but only for the bend in the road, not the presence of a 4-digit address.

My best guess is that Apo is not ready for Brooke and Kimberlyn yet, so he is stalling. Remember that he was going to file a motion to dismiss because he hadn't received Brooke's taped police interview? And Phaedra, as Charli's closest sister and one of the people who discovered evidence, was an important witness. He thought he could poke some holes in her testimory. Phaedra stayed strong and didn't let Apo rattle her.

I saw Steven smiling and laughing in the courtroom a couple of times yesterday. Disgusting.

I don't see on YouTube Day 12, part 7. Part 6 concludes with Phaedra being excused ( such a brave, well spoken young lady). I know Molly did get called today, I heard of some of the antics Apo pulled. But I don't see the tape on YouTube. Has anyone? I'll be happy to share the "antics" as related to me if there's no tape of it.

Here is part 7:

[video=youtube;NujMFyrbVmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujMFyrbVmM&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL&index=39[/video]

:judge:

If Apo had a point, he certainly didn't drive it home. I'm with you and Nikki regarding Charli's piercings; they are totally irrelevant to this murder case, except for identification purposes. The phone image IS relevant, but only for the bend in the road, not the presence of a 4-digit address.

My best guess is that Apo is not ready for Brooke and Kimberlyn yet, so he is stalling. Remember that he was going to file a motion to dismiss because he hadn't received Brooke's taped police interview? And Phaedra, as Charli's closest sister and one of the people who discovered evidence, was an important witness. He thought he could poke some holes in her testimory. Phaedra stayed strong and didn't let Apo rattle her.

I saw Steven smiling and laughing in the courtroom a couple of times yesterday. Disgusting.
right, Phaedra was crucial and just amazing. I was referring to jumping to Molly. But I can see the reason, to back up Phaedra.

The prosecution chooses the order of State's witnesses, AFAIK. Apo's preferences are of no matter until it gets to presenting the defense case. It may well be though That Rivera agreed to push Brooke back because of the discovery glitch.

Still watching Molly's testimony. She is also wearing a Charli pendant.

Molly testified that the two empty rolls of tape were masking tape, not duct tape. She also mentions seeing/smelling a dead pig.

Here's a visual for the clidemia plant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clidemia_hirta

Still watching Molly's testimony. She is also wearing a Charli pendant.

Molly testified that the two empty rolls of tape were masking tape, not duct tape. She also mentions seeing/smelling a dead pig.

Here's a visual for the clidemia plant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clidemia_hirta
thanks, I have all day Monday still to cach up. Busy day for me and no options for streaming. You guys are helping so much.

The plant you link is very familiar to me, never new its name, thanks! Both the purple plague and princess flower trees are in the same family as the one you linked. Princess flower trees are stunning in Cali with the purple velvet flowers, but invasive in Hawaii.

thanks, I have all day Monday still to cach up. Busy day for me and no options for streaming. You guys are helping so much.

The plant you link is very familiar to me, never new its name, thanks! Both the purple plague and princess flower trees are in the same family as the one you linked. Princess flower trees are stunning in Cali with the purple velvet flowers, but invasive in Hawaii.

YES! I love princess flower trees! The leaves are very similar.

I, too, am having a hard time finding the time to watch it all.

Molly fingering the pendant and becoming emotional upon describing her conversation with Kim upon returning to the Haiku house ~47:45. Powerful testimony.

I've watched almost all of it. I missed the ice box. I've notice that the views are in the 100's. Many, many, people care. Again, thank you to KHON for videoing. I'm not sure if they will, but it gives the family the opportunity to listen to what they're not allowed to right now.

I've watched almost all of it. I missed the ice box. I've notice that the views are in the 100's. Many, many, people care. Again, thank you to KHON for videoing. I'm not sure if they will, but it gives the family the opportunity to listen to what they're not allowed to right now.

Trial day 11, part 1, about 11:50 is the first mention of the abandoned fridge. If I recall correctly, Phaedra mentions it again later on; says she used it as a reference point.

I imagine Steven is giving him whatever dirt he can to raise. It feels like Apo's tactic is to be the guy who is not so much going somewhere but pulling the circus round in circles to impede the prosecution's story from getting told clearly. I keep thinking of Apo as the head clown in the clown car.

I follow Rivera's direct closely, but I find I tune Apo out. I do need to get work done and put the video with him in the background and it is really difficult when he drones not to have my mind wander.

He just goes on and on seemingly as if to be going somewhere and then drops it and moves on to another inane and irrelevant line of questioning...going nowhere. You are correct in that it seems all he is trying to do is confuse the juror's, wear them out and "Impede the prosecution's story from getting told clearly". Very observant of you. Exhausting.

Stevie can laugh now all he wants. He wont be laughing in Texas. His Lawyer just made himself really look like a clown and wont betaken seriously from there onward.

Trial day 11, part 1, about 11:50 is the first mention of the abandoned fridge. If I recall correctly, Phaedra mentions it again later on; says she used it as a reference point.

Loo also used it fro a reference point.

Loo also used it fro a reference point.

Thank you, PT, I remember now. And I was able to find it on CC Trial Day 4 part 4 @ 3:16. There's a picture of it and it was entered into evidence.

He just goes on and on seemingly as if to be going somewhere and then drops it and moves on to another inane and irrelevant line of questioning...going nowhere. You are correct in that it seems all he is trying to do is confuse the juror's, wear them out and "Impede the prosecution's story from getting told clearly". Very observant of you. Exhausting.

Stevie can laugh now all he wants. He wont be laughing in Texas. His Lawyer just made himself really look like a clown and wont betaken seriously from there onward.

I agree that Apo looks like a clown, and an immature baby, yet he stated that "as a grown man I am insulted", by Rivera saying "you dummy". Apo is VERY sneaky, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if he instigated it with a comment under his breath (but not audible to the video's audio) to prod a response from Rivera.

As to Apo's questions, it appears to me they are more calculated than we're giving him credit for. His outrageous questions regarding sexual pleasure & sexual innuendos, coupled with questions about Charli's financial situation (gas tank running on dry,etc), her sisters living with her & not their mother, etc, have a purpose and direction. Even though he withdraws the questions, you can't unring a bell. What's said is intended to plant a seed in the jury's mind of a negative character of Charli and her family. It's classic character assassination without the individual being there to defend themselves. Lets hope they see through those, and From some of the juror questions I believe that they are. I hope so.

Another theory, that Apo may also be exhibiting behavior that could lead to a mistrial due to "ineffective counsel". Not sure. He's tricky.

And SC smiling/laughing in court, hopefully any juror would ask themselves, would even a non guilty person not take this so lightly, given that the victims were a former girlfriend and your own unborn baby?

Court Chatter says no live stream today.

Alohaj.....I am in complete agreement with your thoughts on Apo. He's a weasel.

It'll be a shame if the mom testified today with no cameras present. I'd like to see the physical evidence that Molly will testify to as well.

I agree that Apo looks like a clown, and an immature baby, yet he stated that "as a grown man I am insulted", by Rivera saying "you dummy". Apo is VERY sneaky, however, and I wouldn't be surprised if he instigated it with a comment under his breath (but not audible to the video's audio) to prod a response from Rivera.

As to Apo's questions, it appears to me they are more calculated than we're giving him credit for. His outrageous questions regarding sexual pleasure & sexual innuendos, coupled with questions about Charli's financial situation (gas tank running on dry,etc), her sisters living with her & not their mother, etc, have a purpose and direction. Even though he withdraws the questions, you can't unring a bell. What's said is intended to plant a seed in the jury's mind of a negative character of Charli and her family. It's classic character assassination without the individual being there to defend themselves. Lets hope they see through those, and From some of the juror questions I believe that they are. I hope so.

Another theory, that Apo may also be exhibiting behavior that could lead to a mistrial due to "ineffective counsel". Not sure. He's tricky.

And SC smiling/laughing in court, hopefully any juror would ask themselves, would even a non guilty person not take this so lightly, given that the victims were a former girlfriend and your own unborn baby?
I'm definitely in agreement about your take on his character smearing purpose with this particular line of question and everything else you said. A lot of his earlier questions were repetitive interruptions of the flow. He can be doing both at once.

I think that he is trying to disrupt the story the State is trying to get told with constant objections, but when Apo crosses the witness, then he is trying to tell a story of his own. Which Rivera is fighting because it's outside the scope.

For example, that the piercings were only ever brought up because one was found, with flesh on it, at the scene. It was an identifying piece of evidence, period.
It was Steven who mentioned nipple piercings, in the one interview that was recorded from 2014. I can't remember which one, but maybe the interview from late February after this piercing remains would have been found, and they wanted information on where it might have been placed and just confirmation she had one, and what shape. Steven may have encouraged Apo to go this route to discredit Charli. He is the one who told Cassie that Charli was a "barslut."

I agree they want to take Charli's motherly persona away from her because they think it will reduce sympathy for her, but I have faith that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean