GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that store owners or merchants destroy the camera footage, it's more likely that it is automatically overwritten with fresh footage if not queued up. No modern camera has cassettes of video sitting in storage.

SC's hands were bruised when he went to work on Monday. His coworkers testified to that. My husband thinks one of the fist injuries looks like a punch to the mouth with the teeth scraping along the skin.

Or maybe a dog bite?

Both Coworkers that testified were off on Monday I thought. If that's correct neither would have seen him until Tuesday morning.

Maybe the "defendant" was sick so Apo could have more time preparing for Kimberlyn?

Both Coworkers that testified were off on Monday I thought. If that's correct neither would have seen him until Tuesday morning.
Well we don't have to hem and haw anymore, we can go back and listen to the testimony. Lol. I'm too lazy.

Just checked Court Chatter and a commenter said s/he had just checked and no Capo today.
Not sure if that literally means no Capo or no live-stream of the trial.

Been reading more about narcissists (am dealing with one on my own). They are intensely sensitive to disapproval and criticism (not sensitive to the needs of other people, just their own needs). They need constant reinforcement of their grandiose view of their awesomeness or they get sulky and want to hurt people who are giving them reality checks.

absolutely, I'm dealing with one also, you CANNOT win with them because they're not normal. No "person" in there, just a fragmented, sick shell.

Trial is in session, Kim is on the stand. My friend who's there says thought it was live streaming, but I don't see it on. �� I'll update later when I get more info

Damn. I don't see it, either.
Would one of you locals call KHON and find out what's going on, please?

I'm working today so short on time, but I saw no live stream on and front page KHON says Oahu is a mess from Darby, sewage spills, etc.. so maybe that is what the crew is covering. Sucks if true.

I have always stood up for defense attorneys. They have a job and that is to represent their client and walk them through the justice system and their rights. Without them the justice system would not be complete. Realizing Apo was assigned this case and not bought by SC I feel a little bad about bad mouthing him. He was handed a mess of a case that he must do the best of his ability to uphold that part of the justice system. A part that we certainly need. I still don't like his style but I'll go on record saying maybe I was too harsh. Sitting at the beach on vacation and thinking about this case.

I'm working today so short on time, but I saw no live stream on and front page KHON says Oahu is a mess from Darby, sewage spills, etc.. so maybe that is what the crew is covering. Sucks if true.

Sucks to not have a full record of Kim's testimony. I hope KHON will resume streaming soon.

I have always stood up for defense attorneys. They have a job and that is to represent their client and walk them through the justice system and their rights. Without them the justice system would not be complete. Realizing Apo was assigned this case and not bought by SC I feel a little bad about bad mouthing him. He was handed a mess of a case that he must do the best of his ability to uphold that part of the justice system. A part that we certainly need. I still don't like his style but I'll go on record saying maybe I was too harsh. Sitting at the beach on vacation and thinking about this case.
Agree, and that's why I generally don't bother to bash him, except that he went over the line with the nipples comment.
Also, his job as defense has a co-existing duty he owes as a sworn officer of the court to make objections and lines of inquiry that are in good faith. Also not to throw hissy fits at the judge or the prosecutor.

I would have more respect for an attorney who was dignified and sharp, and don't think much of the whiny badgerer as a presentation. I have no ethical problem with the essential job he is there to do, unless he starts milking the publicity for his own image. Which he might be, but I doubt private clients will flock to him based on what he has shown so far.

Hope your vacation is awesome, HGO. :)

SC told Kim Scott to check MM 7.5? What ever for? I'm sure thet took him serious and checked. What a strange man. For someone that doesn't catalogue his life, he sure lives on a precise timetable.

Agree, and that's why I generally don't bother to bash him, except that he went over the line with the nipples comment.
Also, his job as defense has a co-existing duty he owes as a sworn officer of the court to make objections and lines of inquiry that are in good faith. Also not to throw hissy fits at the judge or the prosecutor.

I would have more respect for an attorney who was dignified and sharp, and don't think much of the whiny badgerer as a presentation. I have no ethical problem with the essential job he is there to do, unless he starts milking the publicity for his own image. Which he might be, but I doubt private clients will flock to him based on what he has shown so far.

Hope your vacation is awesome, HGO. :)

Agreed. A defense attorney doesn't need to whine and behave that way. That's what my beef is. Not the profession.
I really wanted to watch KS testimony. Disappointed. What is at MM 7.5??

SC told Kim Scott to check MM 7.5? What ever for? I'm sure thet took him serious and checked. What a strange man. For someone that doesn't catalogue his life, he sure lives on a precise timetable.

He sure knows his mile markers, too.

From the Maui Now link above: “I pushed a yellow legal pad with a pen toward him and asked him to write down the answers,” said Kimberlyn Scott who characterized her request as, “less of a question and more of a demand.”

It took Capobianco 10 seconds to write down his simplified responses, according to Kimberlyn Scott. “Basically what I took from what he had written was, ” At 8:30 (p.m.) she picked me up; at 9:30 (p.m.) we were at my vehicle; at 10:30 (p.m.) I was home,” Kimberlyn Scott said.

When she asked for more information including if he was in front of her, or if she was in front of him on the return home, Kimberlyn Scott said, “He said she was following. I asked how he knew and he said, ‘Because you’re the one that gave the skull headlamp to her. No one else has one.’”

Kimberlyn Scott characterized Capobianco’s tone as being “out of context for being in a room full of people that were afraid for someone.” She said, “He was being a smart a$$.”

Powerful testimony yet again. I am surprised that they got to the cross-examination today. Maybe the objections have slowed down.

Notice how SC again mentions the skull headlamps in the grill. "No one else has one." He was super conscious of the fact that Charli's vehicle was so distinctive-looking at night. I think he thought that someone recognized Charli's 4Runner that night and felt like he had to admit being on Hana Hwy.

From the Maui Now link above: “I pushed a yellow legal pad with a pen toward him and asked him to write down the answers,” said Kimberlyn Scott who characterized her request as, “less of a question and more of a demand.”

It took Capobianco 10 seconds to write down his simplified responses, according to Kimberlyn Scott. “Basically what I took from what he had written was, ” At 8:30 (p.m.) she picked me up; at 9:30 (p.m.) we were at my vehicle; at 10:30 (p.m.) I was home,” Kimberlyn Scott said.

When she asked for more information including if he was in front of her, or if she was in front of him on the return home, Kimberlyn Scott said, “He said she was following. I asked how he knew and he said, ‘Because you’re the one that gave the skull headlamp to her. No one else has one.’”

Kimberlyn Scott characterized Capobianco’s tone as being “out of context for being in a room full of people that were afraid for someone.” She said, “He was being a smart a$$.”

Powerful testimony yet again. I am surprised that they got to the cross-examination today. Maybe the objections have slowed down.

Notice how SC again mentions the skull headlamps in the grill. "No one else has one." He was super conscious of the fact that Charli's vehicle was so distinctive-looking at night. I think he thought that someone recognized Charli's 4Runner that night and felt like he had to admit being on Hana Hwy.
Mahalo, Kapua. Great observation about his repetition re the skull grille. Your theory sounds right. And unless he thought the car was seen, it has made no sense that he ever mentioned Hana Highway when it was in fact the area where they went and he killed her.

Thats why many thought Hana Hwy might have been a red herring to take focus off Haiku. But her truck was out that road at night and it has a unique look. It's a major route, not a back road. Someone was bound to notice. He may have even amplified in his mind how noticeable the skull eyes were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech