GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably SC sick from smelling his dirty shirt.

Him having to sit there and listen to his own stupid interviews with Loo and Hamilton made him sick as well. There were a few times when you just see the blood rush out from his face.

Kapua wrote:
We should list the stupid things that SC did to trip himself up.

1. Talked to the police without an attorney present - 3 times - lying and running his mouth throughout the taped interviews.
2. Made up an alibi that doesn't line up with the evidence.
3. Set Nala free - something a serial killer would not have done.
4. Stripped Charli's 4Runner of parts before burning it.
5. Volunteered that he was the last person to see Charli
6. Steered the search to Hana Highway within 5 miles of the murder scene.
7. Dumped bloody jeans he had worn just over the guardrail but not over a cliff -- on a road with plenty pali to choose from.
8. Gave an interview (without attorney) to Hawaii News Now after police interviews and failing polygraph.
9. Asked co-worker how to get away with a murder before the murder.
10. Told co-worker he might have to kill again after the murder.
11. Claimed he never knew about pregnancy until Dec-Jan, when he had gone with Charli to PP early on.

12. Talked about officially missing Charli in past tense in interviews, after only two-three days, as if she was dead and gone. He would know!

13. ) Fell in infatuation with a Ditz and ridiculously thought killing was the way forward.
14.) In one sentance told Det. Hamilton his ride (Brian) lived in Makawao and in another sentence say's Brian never said he lived there and was just going there.
15.) Failed to understand a car runs off the alternator and not the battery, therefore a battery disconnection would not kill the engine. As Det. Loo point's out the battery only serves to start the car, then the entire system switches over to the alternator. You can remove the battery while the car is running and it will still run.

Good ones!
Volunteered to detectives he had also slept with Charli's younger sister.
Never occurred to him to act super upset and distraught that Charli and his kid to be had vanished on a dark lonely road.
Every so often remembered to say he wanted them to come home safe and he had not hurt them, but with no real emotion.
Told detectives "no one is ever ready for a baby." Really? Someone tell Steven there are in fact quite a lot of people trying to have babies.

Fiona and Phaedra continue to speak of Charli in present tense.

TWO YEARS AFTER DISAPPEARANCE
Rivera: Who is Carly Scott?
Phaedra: She's my sister.

TWO DAYS AFTER DISAPPEARANCE
Capobianco: She was sure she wanted to keep the baby. It was growing on me.

I think SC is sick of this trial. Sick of the scrutiny. Sick of the hatred. Sick of Apo's antics. Maybe Little Cousin shares with him how everyone sees through his alibi. Maybe SC is sick of life.

Been reading more about narcissists (am dealing with one on my own). They are intensely sensitive to disapproval and criticism (not sensitive to the needs of other people, just their own needs). They need constant reinforcement of their grandiose view of their awesomeness or they get sulky and want to hurt people who are giving them reality checks.

Fiona and Phaedra continue to speak of Charli in present tense.

TWO YEARS AFTER DISAPPEARANCE
Rivera: Who is Carly Scott?
Phaedra: She's my sister.

TWO DAYS AFTER DISAPPEARANCE
Capobianco: She was sure she wanted to keep the baby. It was growing on me.
This. Please prosecution, point this out.
What an odd metaphor from Steven: "it was growing on me." No Steven, "it" was growing in Charli.

Good ones!
16. Volunteered to detectives he had also slept with Charli's younger sister.
17. Never occurred to him to act super upset and distraught that Charli and his kid to be had vanished on a dark lonely road.
18. Every so often remembered to say he wanted them to come home safe and he had not hurt them, but with no real emotion.
19. Told detectives "no one is ever ready for a baby." Really? Someone tell Steven there are in fact quite a lot of people trying to have babies.

20. Told 3 different stories about how he got the marks on the backs of his hands.
21. Told 3 different stories about where he last saw Charli's headlights: 1. didn't remember 2. Ulalena Rd. 3. Twin Falls
22. Volunteered to take a polygraph, then lied throughout and failed it..

20. Told 3 different stories about how he got the marks on the backs of his hands.
21. Told 3 different stories about where he last saw Charli's headlights: 1. didn't remember 2. Ulalena Rd. 3. Twin Falls
22. Volunteered to take a polygraph, then lied throughout and failed it..
Ooh, I'm glad you mentioned those.
Re the marks on his hands, did we have a consensus whether they would be burns or marks from Sunday night or disposing of remains?

I wondered about this after we talked about how the Forerunner was not burned there on Tuesday, had to be Tuesday night. Because the hands were injured on Wednesday morning, his first interview, right? If burns, they would have been fresh. If from Sunday, more bruising showing by then.

I vote bruises on the backs of his hands.

One thing I thought of recently is that if Charli's vehicle was low on gas, and SC had some extra gasoline in, say, a 5 gallon can that he was planning to use to torch Charli's 4Runner, then maybe he unexpectedly had to put that gas in Charli's tank instead, because she was low on fuel. And that's why he burned it on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning instead of Sunday night. I am still mystified as to what he did Monday night.

Oh, and does the gas station in Haiku (Hanzawas?) have cameras?

What an interesting idea, Kapua. Darn it, used all my arson fuel ...
Good question about station cameras. When does the last station close again?
Nevermind, Yelp shows it as 8 PM and I doubt it has changed. Some close earlier on Sunday, but even if 8, Charli did not have time to get gas there. (But he might have filled gas can.)

What an interesting idea, Kapua. Darn it, used all my arson fuel ...
Good question about station cameras. When does the last station close again?
Nevermind, Yelp shows it as 8 PM and I doubt it has changed. Some close earlier on Sunday, but even if 8, Charli did not have time to get gas there. (But he might have filled gas can.)

If Hanzawas had security cameras, and if my hunch is right, the cameras would have caught him filling a gas can twice within a few days/week. Unfortunately, sometimes shop owners destroy the recordings after a couple of weeks. I hope the police thought of this.

I think it is normal to have cameras these days, especially with all the theft in Hawai'i. I'm afraid to assume that MPD thought of it though, and yes, the recordings rarely get saved for long. Not too optimistic we will hear good news on this, in part because Loo was in charge of the investigation, and Rivera did not ask him about it.

It's not that store owners or merchants destroy the camera footage, it's more likely that it is automatically overwritten with fresh footage if not queued up. No modern camera has cassettes of video sitting in storage.

SC's hands were bruised when he went to work on Monday. His coworkers testified to that. My husband thinks one of the fist injuries looks like a punch to the mouth with the teeth scraping along the skin.

Nikki asked if the smell would linger without a source present.
I cannot see how it would, given this is outdoors. Saturday they found defleshed jawbones, fingertips, and a presumably tiny bit of flesh on a piercing, and maggots on the ground (which don't smell). That is not enough to permeate that grid with stench as the officer implied. And the maggots show that flesh had been there on that spot ..:

JMO, but from experience on a farm, removing the deceased, decaying animal does NOT remove the odor! Especially if it's hot and humid out. I guess the bodily fluids are in the soil, and that's why it keeps stinking, but I don't know. I just know it still stinks until I put lime over it.

It's not that store owners or merchants destroy the camera footage, it's more likely that it is automatically overwritten with fresh footage if not queued up. No modern camera has cassettes of video sitting in storage.

SC's hands were bruised when he went to work on Monday. His coworkers testified to that. My husband thinks one of the fist injuries looks like a punch to the mouth with the teeth scraping along the skin.
Yes, like my security cameras have a certain amount of cloud storage so unless I save a record, it gets overwritten by the new ones. (Or similar if a hard drive.)

Thanks Nikki, I could not recall the earlier trial testimony on his hands. OK, so that seems important to me that he received an injury Sunday night while likely committing the murder or acts leading up to it. Your husband's observation would fit with SC punching her in the mouth, is that what you are saying? Oh, I don't know why that should be more bothersome with all else that happened to her, but it does. Because it makes me think he subjected her to letting her know that he was the the "boss" and her dream of happiness was over. I want it to have ended quickly I guess.

Loo thinks there was a struggle due to the clumps of hair, but I'm not so sure that clumps of hair come out by simply pulling on it ...
Trying to imagine going to work and baking pies and stuff after doing such horrific acts the night before. Can't.

I would feel ill if I had eaten something he made that week.

JMO, but from experience on a farm, removing the deceased, decaying animal does NOT remove the odor! Especially if it's hot and humid out. I guess the bodily fluids are in the soil, and that's why it keeps stinking, but I don't know. I just know it still stinks until I put lime over it.

Good point. The remaining fluids on the blanket and in the soil might have created a lasting scent especially if there was a carpet of foliage on the ground.

Is the farm in Hawai'i? I see what you're saying and it makes sense, but living on the rainy side of a Hawaiian island, with the porous volcanic soil, all seems to wash through really fast. But mostly I have dealt with small creatures.

The soil is so porous that it can rain 10 inches in a day and the next day there won't even be a puddle or any standing water on the ground, all just gone ... And the insects and microbes work really fast on dead things too. But that's just my experience, and maybe it was just residual fluids that made the smell. Wish the officer had said whether they pinpointed the source more exactly.

but the remaining fluids on the blanket and in the soil might have created a lasting scent especially if there was a carpet of foliage on the ground.
but the blanket had been taken away a day and a half ago ... So it would just be the foliage with residue ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean