GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we all are imagining then I imagine he pulled over at the big parking lot for Twin Falls and stabbed her to death there on his way. Dropped her off at Paraquats and was so out of sorts kept going and dropped the dog off in Nahiku and continued on to Hana. Went back Sunday evening to try and clean up. But this is all conjecture on my part. Just saying

Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook murderer, was an "ethical vegan".
Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian who occasionally ate fish.

Peter, I too thought Twin Falls was a Freudian slip on SC's part and that it was the location of her fatal injuries.

This is really intriguing...thank you, Moxie!
So, he was seen in Hana sometime between 9:30 and 11. If the earlier time (>9:30/<10:30-ish), it would jibe with a scenario in which he likely was seen ON THE WAY TO THE HAND-OFF...(recalling, too, his grim, intense expression, so providentially witnessed by his co-worker)
That would point to the likelihood that the accomplice lived in/around Hana. Is that the route one would take if headed into town, as opposed to a destination in the larger vicinity? Or on either case? What drug-****s live there?
LE must know. Are they investigating along these lines? I do hope so!
We wait & see...

PS: Hands injured ... How?

*LOL! They asterisk the word "th_g", for some reason, and make it seem much worse!

Thanks, Napili!
I am going back and forth on if there was a hitman or not. I'm very intrigued by the money he borrowed and by the fact that he was in Charli's car that night, which I've read was low to the ground so could not have driven the dirt road into Nua'ailua. Right now I'm leaning more to thinking Steven was the sole killer, I'm going to post some more about it below and make some more points. lol

To answer your questions, yes, Steven was seen on Hana Hwy, which is the main route to entering Hana.
There are bad people in Hana, just as there are everywhere. Ironically, in Hawaii, the most beautiful places often have a wealth of people who are very ugly inside. North shore of Maui is a great example of this: so beautiful and peaceful but so much craziness, violence and drugs as well.

About the hand injuries, it could have happened in his initial attack on Charli (which I believe occurred in his 4-Runner because he was cleaning it w/ bleach some days later) if she fought back or if he used a garrote wrapped around his hands, as someone mentioned…or could’ve happened when dragging her around in the blanket by the twist ties cutting into him….or deep scrapes from bark/brush/branches…….or could’ve happened when he was torching her car at Jaws, working with gas, flame, dislodging car parts, etc. I haven’t seen the pics of his hands, but I’d like to.

"Would it be fair to say"........I imagine vegetarians have committed murders and possibly even dismemberments There are assorted reasons for not eating meat and not all involve squeamishness.
That is very true about different reasons. In fact my parents each had a different reason. My father's was cruelty to animals, and my mother's was a religious prohibition related to purity of diet and health. I don't know what Steven's reason was.

I can look at a lot of morbid things as images, film, discussion, but I can't deal with cutting meat that is present. I don't think Incould stab someone easily, but a lot better chance of that than cutting up a body, which is just a no.

As to **** druggie addicts, I think it's part of their skill set to do something like this without qualms, and I don't think it would require a whole lot of money, especially if the victim were already dead, less prison time on the line.

Hi Moxie,
Good to hear from you again.
From very early on I have wondered if drugs and dealing/dealers might have played a part in Charli's murder. SC did deal drugs even if he was small-time. My speculation was/is that Charli possibly knew too much about SC's "business", possibly even tracking/keeping a record of the transactions on her laptop. SC's declaration to Mikela in her interview with him was that "she (Charli) had a mouth on her". What did he mean by that? That she had a strong personality? Could she have threatened to reveal names, dollar amounts, etc. and that angered SC and/or associates/acomplices?
So, because of my nagging wonderings, I find your speculations very interesting.

Hi Mamamerced, nice to see you again too. :)

You know, I just don't know about the motivation aspect. It seems like there's a lot of evidence that he hated children, that Cassandra had indicated to him that she didn't want to be a stepmom, that he was head over heels in love with her and wanted to make her happy and have a happy life w/ her, that he was financially strapped and a baby would be an additional financial burden. It seems like these things might be sufficient motive without positing about drug deals and Charli's reactions or threats. But we just don't know.

Hi Moxie!
I like your theory a lot.
A) because I have never seen him as a good fit with a full body dismemberment and disposal.
b) when we do the timeline with Hana, there's not very much time at all for dealing with Charli, which made me spec about Allen accomplice.
c) one way to try to get away with murder of someone you are known is to separate yourself from the deed by contracting it out. No question there are plenty candidates for ruthless cold-blooded guys in Hawai'i and someone usually knows a guy who knows one of those guys.
d) my most recent spec on the crime scene was SC could not find where that evidence was left for whatever reason. I have always thought the best reason for the bungled evidence removal was involvement of a second person and some communication breakdown.

I had not thought of him delivering her in Hana alive, but your account sure does make sense. That look on his face.
He was on the main highway going through Hana. There is not much to Hana, and it doesn't look like a town per se. If you check out the post of mine with the Google map link to where the witness stood, you can see exactly.

E) the blanket and DVD part makes sense. I've been fixated on the blanket.

now, as to fine tuning -- the stabbing appeared to be personal. He stabbed her womb and her breasts. I don't see a hit man doing that and it points at SC as the only one who had issues with the baby. So I lean towards him stabbing her but not dismembering. And he torched her 4Runner. He injured his hands so he definitely did something.

Two, the blanket was not bloody. But yet it had contact with decomposing flesh. So I don't know. It is possible someone used plastic wrapping in addition to the blanket. It seems most likely the dismemberment occurred at Nua'ailua Bay. He could have stabbed her somewhere else, perhaps at someone's place near Hana.

A point I made long ago here that wasn't agreed with, which is fine, but I'm still of this opinion:
SC was or is a vegetarian, and is not w hunter and does not fish. As a person raised vegetarian myself, I have great difficulty even preparing meat, or cutting it, and I could never butcher an animal. Ever. But I have no trouble with pet food for some reason. I just think what was done to Charli would be more difficult for him than the average guy who loves his red meat and his brother's buddies who haul around and carve up pig carcasses.

Hi Puakenikeni, some excellent points. I actually was not aware of SC being a strict vegetarian&#8230;but I myself am a longtime vegetarian and an animal lover and that certainly humanizes him to me more, and could suggest that a gory bloodbath was not something he would be capable of. We just don&#8217;t know.

About the stabbing of the stomach/breats as it relates to the hitman theory, I can definitely see Napili's point that the stabbing of that area might not have been so much a primal anger toward the baby or motherhood, but rather could very well have been a hitman knowing that the baby was the main reason for the whole thing. If it was a hitman, then in his mind he was just being thorough and doing a good job for his client (&#8220;Make certain you get rid of the baby specifically as well as its mother. That&#8217;s the whole reason I&#8217;m doing this.&#8221; Ugh&#8230;so sad.)

Regarding the defleshing of the jawbone, I&#8217;m not sure what to think of that. When people say it was defleshed with a serated knife it invokes images of someone sitting there in the brush intricately working on a piece of bone by the light of a cell-phone or something. Weird. It actually reminds me of how the old Hawaiians would divide the body parts of high-ranking captives and save/display them for their mana and as trophies. On Flickr, there&#8217;s a pic of a staff supposedly belonging to King Kamehameha that&#8217;s allegedly made of Captain Cook&#8217;s tuft of blonde hair, because a young Kamehameha I was given the scalp when they divided Captain Cook&#8216;s body parts. Eeek. But I digress...

Regarding the blanket with maggots but no blood...hmmm. I'm assuming there was SOME biological material on that blanket because otherwise, the insect would not have laid its egg to give its larva (the maggots) something to feast on. If there was literally zero biological material - blood, brain matter, feces, breast milk, etc. - on that blanket, then the implication is that Charli's decomposing body had been wrapped up in it VERY close to the time it was discovered by Phaedra/Max/Molly and that the maggots were feeding on the BODY, but that Steven had just come along (they saw him in his vehicle coming up the dirt road as they were arriving) and taken the body, brushing the maggots onto the blanket, which was basically clean. What do you think?

Peter, I too thought Twin Falls was a Freudian slip on SC's part and that it was the location of her fatal injuries.

PeterTosh said:
If we all are imagining then I imagine he pulled over at the big parking lot for Twin Falls and stabbed her to death there on his way. Dropped her off at Paraquats and was so out of sorts kept going and dropped the dog off in Nahiku and continued on to Hana. Went back Sunday evening to try and clean up. But this is all conjecture on my part. Just saying

But when SC was in Hana, the car he was driving was identified as Charli's 4-Runner. Yet, a few days later, he was seen cleaning HIS 4-Runner with bleach. So IMO, he likely would've initially attacked her in his 4-Runner in Haiku, but gone out Hana Hwy with her body in back of her 4-Runner.

I never doubted he was capable of murder and dismemberment. He doesn't mind to get his hands dirty at all. Baking, gardening, trucks, guns. He is fascinated with morbid. And who would take this photo to remember the good times
https://www.instagram.com/p/g9LMJGm8qM/

I would take a photo of that and show it to friends if I wanted to brag about what I'd just endured at the dentist. Doesn't mean I'd brutally murder someone.

"Would it be fair to say"........I imagine vegetarians have committed murders and possibly even dismemberments There are assorted reasons for not eating meat and not all involve squeamishness.

??? Is that a quote?
...Just incidentally, the surmising is not a pronouncement on the nature of vegetarians...simply a what if this person was inexperienced with the...er...sporting life -- pig hunting & "harvesting", fishing , and other messy pastimes...AND would not stomach bloody violence. Besides...I have a feeling HIS particular avoidance of meat has more to do with it being attractive to Maui hippy chicas than any real moral compunction, which he seems to lack...in spades...And, in fact, anyone can be squeamish, just as anyone might be able to commit bloody violence. Lack of experience, though, with clear premeditation...makes an experienced hand not a bad idea. IHMO (fwiw)

Puakenikeni said:
"...now, as to fine tuning -- the stabbing appeared to be personal. He stabbed her womb and her breasts. I don't see a hit man doing that and it points at SC as the only one who had issues with the baby. So I lean towards him stabbing her but not dismembering. And he torched her 4Runner. He injured his hands so he definitely did something..."

Warning: What follows is a very ugly & horrific picture:
Since I can't see him doing the stabbing either, if I have the picture of a squeamish vegetarian Steven, and a murderer for hire in my mind -- & given that the person who did this is utterly depraved and possibly demented & drugged -- I can envision a hired **** going to the lengths the evidence shows: multiple multiple stab wounds to the stomach & also to the chest (we've been saying "breast", but that's also the chest, housing the vital heart & lungs). SC could have told the guy something like -- make sure both she AND the baby are dead. ...He might have just stabbed all over the belly (sorry! :( ), not quite being sure where the baby was located. This could account for the appearance of SC repeatedly stabbing in a frenzied rage...

*th_g...:innocent:
It is possible he could have given instructions. I don't think the belly stab wounds were all over. The baby would be dead once the mother was dead, very quickly, no? Stabbed or not, the fetus is entirely dependent on oxygen from the mother's body, and once her breath is gone, surely the fetus cannot live unless the baby is delivered and has some way to breathe outside the womb?

My mental image of SC doing the stabbing is my own conjecture, not a belief, but I see him telling her some version of "you don't get to have my baby without my say so, and this is me putting an end to this baby and you, you should have listened to me (only much more vile words). Or a silent attack and enjoying her horror at what he is doing.

I gathered from the article on the hearing that the police theory is she was alive and knowing her child was being stabbed and endured that horrible knowledge. That is the basis for the enhanced second degree murder charge.

But the police do not really know ... No body no autopsy to give them the information.

But when SC was in Hana, the car he was driving was identified as Charli's 4-Runner. Yet, a few days later, he was seen cleaning HIS 4-Runner with bleach. So IMO, he likely would've initially attacked her in his 4-Runner in Haiku, but gone out Hana Hwy with her body in back of her 4-Runner.

Facts we know:

He was in her 4Runner in Hana late Sunday.
Later that night, he drove, not his 4Runner, but his other vehicle, the Ford Ranger truck, to meet Taylor to sell her drugs, to get her off his back. He told her the 4runner was broken down at home. (If Taylor us telling the truth) it's a mystery why he didn't take his 4runner & where it was at the time...
Next morning, Monday, he drove his 4runner to work and later to the Kaisers. The two brothers had left items in it that weekend, after partying with Steven. They both had open access to the 4Runner to retrieve their items that day!. (Kaisers)
It was Thursday when it was seen being cleaned, next to the big bleach bottles (Gaines)

I think that he was concerned about what DNA he might have picked up & transferred to his truck floor via his shoes after tromping around the murder scene at Paraquats on Tuesday.

It is possible he could have given instructions. I don't think the belly stab wounds were all over. The baby would be dead once the mother was dead, very quickly, no? Stabbed or not, the fetus is entirely dependent on oxygen from the mother's body, and once her breath is gone, surely the fetus cannot live unless the baby is delivered and has some way to breathe outside the womb?

My mental image of SC doing the stabbing is my own conjecture, not a belief, but I see him telling her some version of "you don't get to have my baby without my say so, and this is me putting an end to this baby and you, you should have listened to me (only much more vile words). Or a silent attack and enjoying her horror at what he is doing.
I
I gathered from the article on the hearing that the police theory is she was alive and knowing her child was being stabbed and endured that horrible knowledge. That is the basis for the enhanced second degree murder charge.

But the police do not really know ... No body no autopsy to give them the information.

I'm not a medical expert, so I don't know how long a baby in the womb could survive after his mother dies--if at all. But, I'll take your word for it. And if YOU were the beast, you would know all that. But, see, my drug-th_g happens to be a MORON, who would not know about oxygen or blood supply to the baby, or any basic anatomy--not in a million years, So he could really be that stupid!

And, if the police do know anything about the timing and nature of the attack, the monster could have started with the belly first. Not hitting the vital organs, but...then moving up to the chest...I'm sorry. I feel so sad writing this.

I have a contrasting picture to yours, of Steven, but yours is probably more astute.... Anyway, I see him as being grimly determined to see a plan through. Cassie is due back on the 18th! She's been gone over 2 months, during which time he learns the d*** baby is still growing and not "taken care of" and now, it's too late for that. And it's real. And it's showing and it's public. And Cassie will be home in just over a week. No offense, but you just really have to go...B**ch!

SC's comment to Fiona on the phone during the Christmas party/big reveal is pretty telling. Something along the lines of, "I thought she had taken care of that" and "this is going to mess up my plans with my current girlfriend."

SC is capable of his charges. He didn't hire anyone to do it for him. That would provide a witness, he could be implicated. I'm unsure why he was cleaning out his truck but don't forget that Charli's car was burned. Why?

Btw, in reading the Paige Birgfeld thread, I learned that cadaver dogs detected her body had been in her backseat. Her car was also burned.

I am so glad that we have the trial archives on YouTube. I wasn't able to watch much today and just found the crucial part of the testimony starting at ~ 29:00

[video=youtube;bUCCULj59Zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCCULj59Zo&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL&index=48[/video]

It appears that SC's phone selected a particular tower sector, 2054, on Feb. 1, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Less than 1% of SC's cell activities occurred on that tower. 1:53 AM and 6:53 AM on Feb 10, he was back to his regular tower sector, 22056. At 5:19 PM and 5:49 PM on Feb 10, SC's phone is again using the 2G tower sector 2054.

It appears that SC did go back to clean up on Monday!

Btw, in reading the Paige Birgfeld thread, I learned that cadaver dogs detected her body had been in her backseat. Her car was also burned.
Nikki, I'm not familiar with this name or another thread you mention. Can you share where to find it? This is a very important fact so I want to read the source.

Yeah but he burned HER 4runner and was seen in her car on the night of the murder so it is more likely he killed her in her car. Its really so much simpler IMO. He went out day 2 to clean up his killing and so he needed to clean his truck after that. He burned her car, so he killed her in her car IMHO

Some of you have said all along that he returned to the scene of the crime to clean up. I thought it would be too risky but I guess Monday would have been safest since she wasn't reported missing until that evening.

He is a sick *advertiser censored*. B A S T A R D in case the mods have that word censored.

I think he was going to torch her car regardless. It was supposed to look like she got waylaid or carjacked, killed, and the "serial killer" abandoned the vehicle along the road. After that it was found by local youth, who grabbed some of the parts, then one of them torched it in the usual place. I don't think the arson proves that she was killed in the car. She may have been, of course.

I've seen at least two of those disappearing cars on the main road just recently. Every time I go by there is less of the car, soon time to torch it.

Obviously he went out to Nua'ailua for followup in his own vehicle, because hers was burned already, so he probably had reason to worry there was some DNA evidence to be found when the police would finally get down to a real thorough search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper