GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikki, I'm not familiar with this name or another thread you mention. Can you share where to find it? This is a very important fact so I want to read the source.
Oh! I was confused by the unfamiliar name and did not realize that "her body" was not about Charli. I thought you meant that we have had testimony that dogs detected remains in Charli's burned back seat, and I could not figure out why that wasn't huge news here. Duh on me.

I am so glad that we have the trial archives on YouTube. I wasn't able to watch much today and just found the crucial part of the testimony starting at ~ 29:00

[video=youtube;bUCCULj59Zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCCULj59Zo&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL&index=48[/video]

It appears that SC's phone selected a particular tower sector, 2054, on Feb. 1, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Less than 1% of SC's cell activities occurred on that tower. 1:53 AM and 6:53 AM on Feb 10, he was back to his regular tower sector, 22056. At 5:19 PM and 5:49 PM on Feb 10, SC's phone is again using the 2G tower sector 2054.

It appears that SC did go back to clean up on Monday!
Thank you, thank you, Kapua. I love having archives, but they aren't differentiated or labeled as part 1,2, etc.. I keep getting the same ones again, and had not found the part you linked. Awesome.
Looking for any more times given ...
9:49 2/9 text message from Hana Hwy (most likely)
11::20 and 11:23 2/9 text messages
Monday 2/10 5:16, 5:19, 5:49 PM text messages likely Hana Hwy
Monday 2/10 eve 6:02 to Tue. AM 5:11 AM likely home
2/11 Tue. 5:47 to 6:35 PM 12-15 voice call attempts from SC to CS (no connection) 3G and 2G then 3G - 2G more towards Hana ...

Worn out with that, but if anyone is taking notes ...

Thank you, thank you, Kapua. I love having archives, but they aren't differentiated or labeled as part 1,2, etc.. I keep getting the same ones again, and had not found the part you linked. Awesome.
Looking for any more times given ...
9:49 2/9 text message from Hana Hwy (most likely)
11::20 and 11:23 2/9 text messages
Monday 2/10 5:16, 5:19, 5:49 PM text messages likely Hana Hwy
Monday 2/10 eve 6:02 to Tue. AM 5:11 AM likely home
2/11 Tue. 5:47 to 6:35 PM 12-15 voice call attempts from SC to CS (no connection) 3G and 2G then 3G - 2G more towards Hana ...

Worn out with that, but if anyone is taking notes ...

Thank you for extracting these times! It took me a while to find the heart of the testimony and Apo’s objections really irritate me.
I found it interesting that he apparently went home and stayed home after meeting Taylor in the wee hours of Monday morning. So… he made one trip to Hana and back Sunday night.
Another thing that struck me was that in the time frame studied by Special Agent Easter, and I believe that went from December to March if I heard that correctly, SC only went out to Hana 4 times. Feb 1 was the trip with his cousin, and then Feb 9, 10, 11, 12 were all related to Charli’s murder, cleanup, and showing the police and family where she was last seen. So he didn’t go out that way to listen to his sound system as often as I’d imagined from listening to his interview with the police. (That's one more lie.)
Anyway, based on everything we’ve heard so far, my theory is similar to RDS, Nikki, and PT’s. I think she was killed in her car (otherwise there’s no reason to burn it), and left in her blanket at Nua’ailua on Sunday night with the Twilight DVD marking the spot where he needed to veer off into the dense forest to find the body. Monday night, he went back and (there is no way to put this delicately) cut her up.

I am so glad that we have the trial archives on YouTube. I wasn't able to watch much today and just found the crucial part of the testimony starting at ~ 29:00

[video=youtube;bUCCULj59Zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCCULj59Zo&list=PLR2JAGZzf3U2CiHThmPc3gSNzvRX1LLZL&index=48[/video]

It appears that SC's phone selected a particular tower sector, 2054, on Feb. 1, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Less than 1% of SC's cell activities occurred on that tower. 1:53 AM and 6:53 AM on Feb 10, he was back to his regular tower sector, 22056. At 5:19 PM and 5:49 PM on Feb 10, SC's phone is again using the 2G tower sector 2054.

It appears that SC did go back to clean up on Monday!

Thank you! There's a lot more to process -- the summaries are appreciated!

(I hear him say, "KEANAE crime scene"-- why?)

Yeah but he burned HER 4runner and was seen in her car on the night of the murder so it is more likely he killed her in her car. Its really so much simpler IMO. He went out day 2 to clean up his killing and so he needed to clean his truck after that. He burned her car, so he killed her in her car IMHO

Yep, thank you. I am coming around quickly to this scenario exactly.
It explains the 2 pairs of pants found: 1 found at Nua'ailua and the other pair found a few miles north at Kaumahina - they represent an initial deposition of the body on the night of the murder, and a more elaborate "disposal" effort the next day. And the bleaching of his own 4-Runner makes absolute sense if he'd had to go back the next day in his own 4-Runner for further "disposal."

Thank you! There's a lot more to process -- the summaries are appreciated!

(I hear him say, "KEANAE crime scene"-- why?)

Paraquats/Nua'ailua is right on the outskirts of Keanae so it's just a shorthand way of referring to that crime scene.

I just have a couple random points....

1) So Molly, Phaedra and Max found a men’s gray jacket/hoodie and black (or “dark blue” acc. to Molly) jeans near the stream at Nua’ailua, the scene of Charlie’s dismembering. If you google, you’ll see that the majority of “gray hoodies” are heather gray, meaning they have a distinctive gray/white stonewashed effect. So we can say that they most likely found a heather-gray hoodie and the dark blue jeans. There are only a few pictures of SC online in regular street-clothes, but in one he is wearing that exact color combination. In the pic of Steven in the back of a car w/ Charli & another girl, he is wearing a heather-gray t-shirt and very dark jeans. So in his own personal style, SC is known to wear that combination together. Taylor Farner noted that on the night of the murder, SC showed up at Hanzawa’s wearing “dark blue jeans.” So he definitely owned that color of pants, and there's proof that he liked to pair it with heather-gray top, which matches the combo found at Nua'ailua.

article-2692000-1FA4CE9C00000578-433_634x469.jpg

2) I'm still a tad confused as to why Steven was seen in Hana-town on Sunday night. When I've driven out Hana Hwy in late afternoon I've been completely panicked a couple times about making it into Hana on my gas reserves (the hills and curves of Hana Hwy also made the gas levels on the gas meter fluctuate significantly, I noticed), but I've always made it into Hana-town and been able to gas up there at night. I can only assume Steven was there to add some gas to Charli's car for the drive back to Haiku.

3) I'm baffled as to why Steven would leave the blanket and clothing items haphazardly scattered around - at the streambed of Nua'ailua and a few miles north the pants and zip-ties were found just beyond the guardrail. It seems like he'd have been scrupulous about collecting and destroying/burning these items, just as he was scrupulous about scrubbing his vehicle with bleach. Why would he leave those???

Another thing I found interesting is that he didn't mention SC being in Hana area on the 8th. Remember that witness, Shelly Tumbaga, who said she saw him driving to Hana on the 8th? Did he leave his phone at home that night?

Here's the combined aforementioned summaries (Thank you Pua & Kapua!) I reorganized & added some notes. Hope it helps :)

Akaku on you tube 9/13 (&11?)

SC's phone activity
Sunday 2/9/14
9:49 pm text from Hana Hwy (most likely)
11:20 pm text. "
11:23 pm text "

Monday 2/10.
1:53*am North/Home turf
6:53*am. "

5:16 pm text likely Hana Hwy
5:19**pm text. "
5:49**PM text "

(It appears that SC did go back to clean up on Monday)

6:02 pm (dark) to Tue. 2/11, 5:11 am likely back home

Tuesday 2/11(cont.)
!! 5:47 pm to 6:35 PM = 12-15 voice call attempts from SC to CS*** (no connection) 3G and 2G then 3G - 2G more towards Hana.(Pua)

!!It appears that SC's phone selected a particular, 2G, tower sector, 2054, on Feb. 1, 9, 10, 11, and 12. [East: Hana Road: Nua-(Paraquats), Hana, Nahiku, ...]
Less than 1% of SC's cell activities had occurred on that tower.

*At 1:53 AM and 6:53 AM on Mon 2/10, he was back to his regular tower sector, 22056. [ North--home turf: Haiku/SC home, Scott's?; Paia/work; Macawao/Charlie's, Kaiser's...]

**At 5:19 PM and 5:49 PM on Mon 2/10, SC's phone is again using the 2G tower sector 2054.(Kapua)

Pua said: "Anyway, based on everything we’ve heard so far, my theory is similar to RDS, Nikki, and PT’s. I think she was killed in her car (otherwise there’s no reason to burn it), and left in her blanket at Nua’ailua on Sunday night with the Twilight DVD marking the spot where he needed to veer off into the dense forest to find the body. Monday night, he went back and (there is no way to put this delicately) cut her up."

Very clear. Very likely! The dvd marking the spot is spot on, too. ;) It would help if we could determine more precisely what his hand injuries were, I think.

I think he felt that the cops would be checking his call-history, and it would look strange if he'd never attempted to get ahold of the mother of his child after she was reported missing.

This is all very fascinating. So nice to finally have confirmation of his movements so we can get a much clearer, definite picture of what occurred.

Another thing I found interesting is that he didn't mention SC being in Hana area on the 8th. Remember that witness, Shelly Tumbaga, who said she saw him driving to Hana on the 8th? Did he leave his phone at home that night?

She just said she noted a 4-Runner that night with stickers on the back that kept passing her. But do we know for sure that SC's 4-Runner had stickers like she described? Maybe it was a different 4-Runner than SC's...

I just have a couple random points....

1) So Molly, Phaedra and Max found a men’s gray jacket/hoodie and black (or “dark blue” acc. to Molly) jeans near the stream at Nua’ailua, the scene of Charlie’s dismembering. If you google, you’ll see that the majority of “gray hoodies” are heather gray, meaning they have a distinctive gray/white stonewashed effect. So we can say that they most likely found a heather-gray hoodie and the dark blue jeans. There are only a few pictures of SC online in regular street-clothes, but in one he is wearing that exact color combination. In the pic of Steven in the back of a car w/ Charli & another girl, he is wearing a heather-gray t-shirt and very dark jeans. So in his own personal style, SC is known to wear that combination together. Taylor Farner noted that on the night of the murder, SC showed up at Hanzawa’s wearing “dark blue jeans.” So he definitely owned that color of pants, and there's proof that he liked to pair it with heather-gray top, which matches the combo found at

2) I'm still a tad confused as to why Steven was seen in Hana-town on Sunday night. When I've driven out Hana Hwy in late afternoon I've been completely panicked a couple times about making it into Hana on my gas reserves (the hills and curves of Hana Hwy also made the gas levels on the gas meter fluctuate significantly, I noticed), but I've always made it into Hana-town and been able to gas up there at night. I can only assume Steven was there to add some gas to Charli's car for the drive back to Haiku.

3) I'm baffled as to why Steven would leave the blanket and clothing items haphazardly scattered around - at the streambed of Nua'ailua and a few miles north the pants and zip-ties were found just beyond the guardrail. It seems like he'd have been scrupulous about collecting and destroying/burning these items, just as he was scrupulous about scrubbing his vehicle with bleach. Why would he leave those???

1. Excellent observation about his fashion choices! The aloha shirt he wears in court every day also appears to be a blue/gray color combination. The second pair of pants and gray hoodie are from the trip to Nua'ailua on Monday, IMHO.

2. I think we are all confused as to why he went to Hana town on Sunday night after the murder, but if there is a gas station there that's open late at night, that's a very reasonable explanation.

3. I know! And Charli's clothes! He could have burned those in the car, too! You'd think he'd make sure that everything was cleaned up. He had time Monday night. But he had no idea that 1. Charli's phone would lead searchers right to Nua'ailua, and 2. that she would be reported missing as early as Monday night and 3. that the search would be so extensive and so many people would get involved, and 4. that he'd be questioned Tuesday morning and not be able to sneak back out to Nua'ailua on his day off. He didn't have a lot of daylight to work with.

IMO, not to be argumentative, heather gray sweatshirts and T-shirts are very popular and common and have been for years.
Locals: is there a gas station in Hana that stays open until 9:30 pm or later?

FBI expert: Defendant’s cellphone active at critical time

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...cellphone-active-at-critical-time.html?nav=10

On the night murder suspect Steven Capobianco said his truck stalled past Keanae, his cellphone was active in the area around his Haiku residence, an FBI special agent testified Tuesday.
The following night, Feb. 9, 2014, when Capobianco told police he last saw his pregnant ex-girlfriend Carly "Charli" Scott, one of his cellphone communications indicated it could have been in the Keanae area, said Special Agent Michael Easter, who is assigned to the FBI Cellular Analysis Survey Team.

He said Capobianco's phone used a 2G cellphone tower sector for a text message at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 9, 2014. "That sector coverage area is consistent with being on the north side," Easter said. "It could be consistent with being in the area of the residence, but it also is consistent with being in the area of the Keanae crime scene."

Another text message at 11:20 that night used a 3G cellphone tower sector that was consistent with the phone being in the area of Capobianco's residence, Easter said.

Mahalo nui Lila Fujimoto and Maui News!

I assume that at some point, we will hear testimony as to who was calling whom. And I will bet you all lunch that the last text message that Charli received, at 8:28 PM was from SC's phone.

1. Excellent observation about his fashion choices! .........

3. I know! And Charli's clothes! He could have burned those in the car, too! You'd think he'd make sure that everything was cleaned up. He had time Monday night. But he had no idea that 1. Charli's phone would lead searchers right to Nua'ailua, and 2. that she would be reported missing as early as Monday night and 3. that the search would be so extensive and so many people would get involved, and 4. that he'd be questioned Tuesday morning and not be able to sneak back out to Nua'ailua on his day off. He didn't have a lot of daylight to work with.

Thanks, Kapua. Those are great points about him not anticipating how they would zero in on Nua'ailua. You know we often think of millenials as being so tech-savvy that they can anticipate stuff like this, but I don't think he had any idea that that obscure area would quickly become a focal point (due to the phone ping).

IMO, not to be argumentative, heather gray sweatshirts and T-shirts are very popular and common and have been for years.

True that heather gray is popular, but I've noticed some millenials wear it, and some millenials you never see them wearing any heather gray. In Hawaii among young males, the normal "outfit" is board shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. Most of the jeans worn tend to be lighter in color IMO, like the pic of those found beyond the guard rail at Kaumahina. The dark blue jeans are a bit rarer IMO. I just wanted to firmly establish that Steven was one of the people who definitely wore heather gray and who wore dark blue jeans AND paired the two together, like the outfit found at Nua'ailua.

About the Hana gas station, there's one gas station on Hana Hwy in Hana. I remember going there after dark, maybe around 7:30 PM or so, it was raining and I believe it was closed. I was able to get gas there using my debit card at the pump. That was in 2008.
In 2012 I went there and it was dark, maybe around 6 PM or so, and the gas station was open, and I went in and bought an ice cream bar. lol.
I don't know the regular store hours, but if I remember correctly, in 2008 I was able to get gas there at the pump with my debit card.

He said Capobianco's phone used a 2G cellphone tower sector for a text message at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 9, 2014. "That sector coverage area is consistent with being on the north side," Easter said. "It could be consistent with being in the area of the residence, but it also is consistent with being in the area of the Keanae crime scene."

Another text message at 11:20 that night used a 3G cellphone tower sector that was consistent with the phone being in the area of Capobianco's residence, Easter said.
[/I]

Mahalo nui Lila Fujimoto and Maui News!

I am really confused. How could he be back near his residence at 11:20 on Sunday night???

She just said she noted a 4-Runner that night with stickers on the back that kept passing her. But do we know for sure that SC's 4-Runner had stickers like she described? Maybe it was a different 4-Runner than SC's...

Ive discounted her testimony from the get go.

I believe its just an automated CC card atm style 24 hours. Ive used it after hours. They must have a record.

Thanks, Kapua. Those are great points about him not anticipating how they would zero in on Nua'ailua. You know we often think of millenials as being so tech-savvy that they can anticipate stuff like this, but I don't think he had any idea that that obscure area would quickly become a focal point (due to the phone ping).

True that heather gray is popular, but I've noticed some millenials wear it, and some millenials you never see them wearing any heather gray. In Hawaii among young males, the normal "outfit" is board shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. Most of the jeans worn tend to be lighter in color IMO, like the pic of those found beyond the guard rail at Kaumahina. The dark blue jeans are a bit rarer IMO. I just wanted to firmly establish that Steven was one of the people who definitely wore heather gray and who wore dark blue jeans AND paired the two together, like the outfit found at Nua'ailua.

About the Hana gas station, there's one gas station on Hana Hwy in Hana. I remember going there after dark, maybe around 7:30 PM or so, it was raining and I believe it was closed. I was able to get gas there using my debit card at the pump. That was in 2008.
In 2012 I went there and it was dark, maybe around 6 PM or so, and the gas station was open, and I went in and bought an ice cream bar. lol. I don't know the regular store hours, but if I remember correctly, in 2008 I was able to get gas there at the pump with my debit card.
I've also got gas at the Pa'ia gas station on Hana Hwy at 4 AM when it was closed because they have a card swiper at the pump, so you can get gas after the places are closed.
Hanzawa's I think did not have a card-swipe at the pump some yrs ago, IIRC, but I think perhaps they've upgraded since then so that people can gas up after hours because on Google maps street view, it looks like they may now have card-swiping at the pump.

I am really confused. How could he be back near his residence at 11:20 on Sunday night???

Just throwing it out there....not trying to confuse things....From Hasegawa's in Hana...going the backside...to Haiku...in a Four Runner....at night no traffic...Fast. 2 hours? Yet he could do that back to Haiku I think as well on the east side. Ive been to Hana on my dirt bike in an hour and a half Kaupo way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius