HI HI - Charlotte Moriarty, 31, Haaula, 21 June 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After watching Gone on ID tonight it makes me wonder if Charlotte was in a dangerous situation at home and the mental health "problems" she was experiencing is hiding the truth. I find it very bazaar that she gave the police a false name but never returned for the child. I also find it strange Marx hasn't met with his father after all these years.

I saw that too and thought it was strange that he had met his sister but not the dad.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/460ufhi.html

Found in HI. Same height same age. Had schizophrenia. Referred to herself as "Ah."

Charlotte Moriarty was in a mental health facility and left ama right after she went missing.

I just watched the episode of Gone, as well. I'm so glad that Steve/Marx has had a happy life.

To me, the photos of the unidentified, homeless woman resembled the photo of Charlotte, too. Specifically, the shape of each woman's brow line, to me, looks unbelievably similar. I also see resemblance in the noses and nostrils, chins, and jaw lines, in consideration of how a face can change between 31 and 59, which is how old Charlotte would have been when the homeless woman was found, I think.

The curl of each woman's hair seems similar to me too, and the heights, presumed age ranges, and implied pre-gray/white hair colors match up.

Does anyone know:
-if Charlotte's eyes are actually solidly blue, as noted in the database, or if they could actually be hazel or changeable? I wonder how the database may or may not have been updated, given the elder Barne's incorrect initial reporting of things like the baby's age when first missing..
-if the connection has been refuted or even noted by LE or the families?
-if there are photos of Charlotte besides that main one to see somewhere online?

I also saw someone's note about the homeless woman being found with missing teeth. Given this, plus severe mental illness, I don't necessarily take the woman's noted accent or the monosyllabic name she gave for herself as factors that would discount a connection on their own.

I know that the homeless woman passed away several years ago. I just saw a resemblance and really hope that the possibility was considered before she did.

just watched the episode too. how crazy after all those years he was alive.

If Mark was 26 at the time and Charlotte was 31, it might explain his immature/lax behavior... Also, I feel it's strange that he essentially abandoned his daughter in New Mexico to go live his life in Hawaii. He then abandons his second son. Still, it seems like everyone involved still has a lot of love in their hearts for Charlotte...
although it sounds like postpartum psychosis to me.. It's sad that she didn't get the help she needed, but this wasn't commonly diagnosed back then...If severe enough, the postpartum problems that develop can persist for years if not treated. They are not diagnosed or treated...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmphilippe